• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Dreavus

Did some TL placements yesterday. Matchmaker was having some trouble but it was okay overall. I thought it was amusing that the matchmaker straight up alerts you that the 2p queue times are huge and you should probably find another player if you want to queue.

Then in my first placement game our guy last picked KT right into a first pick Anub. Lol.

I dunno if it's still going but if you start up on a diff server you can probably pick up one of those gem hero bundles

I'll check that out tonight, actually. I didn't think about that. I still find it completely mad that some 20+ countries are whacked in to 1 super server.

Skab

I've been thinking about it and it would be really cool if they could add the trio of Aiden, Moreina, and Jazreth at some point.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anniversary stream where they show off Malthael (in theory) starts in 1 hour if I have my Us to EU time conversion correct?

Prelude.

Oh yeah, I forgot he's a support. I've been playing him recently, he's pretty broken atm, but not enough to carry this kind of teams I'm getting lately.

brian!

Better value w/ lifesteal, second health bar from shield, e reset, and frontloaded/persistant slow on the auto. Also it scares ppl

ElyrionX

Umm, I just played a QP game as Zeratul against a team that had Thrall and when I am invisible, he fires a lot of skill shots at me that are clearly targeted at me but it's clear none of his teammates can see me. What's the deal? Is he cheating?

kirblar

Umm, I just played a QP game as Zeratul against a team that had Thrall and when I am invisible, he fires a lot of skill shots at me that are clearly targeted at me but it's clear none of his teammates can see me. What's the deal? Is he cheating?
Zeratul/Nova aren't completely invisible when stealthed, but yes, there are maphacks out there due to the SC engine. (they get you banned permanently pretty fast) So it could be one or the other, but the latter is usually really obvious.

ElyrionX

Zeratul/Nova aren't completely invisible when stealthed, but yes, there are maphacks out there due to the SC engine. (they get you banned permanently pretty fast) So it could be one or the other, but the latter is usually really obvious.

Wait what. What do you mean not "completely invisible"?

Prelude.

Is there any reason to take Archon over Wall? You can pop the latter on any objective choke and watch their team melt.
Wall is always up, if you go for the aa build it's pretty powerful since they're stuck there, and slowed, and you're healing. Archon is not that much more damage, you're getting a lot more value out of wall.

Edit: Oh, I read that the other way around. Hmm, you can stutter step, I guess.

Dreavus

There's a "shimmer" or cloaking effect, kind of like Dark Templar in Starcraft. You can't play like you're completely invisible when people are looking for it, but it can be hard to spot you if you're sticking to the edges of vision (not standing in the center of a lane for example).

You do still avoid towers and minion attacks. Players can't actually hit you with targeted stuff either even if they know you're there, so there is still some safety depending on exactly who you are against. For example, Thrall can throw wolves at you but he can't target you with chain lightning or his auto attacks until you are revealed by something else.

Maledict

They shimmer constantly. Easier to spot when they are moving, but there's always a graphical distortion where they are. Think Predator style effects. If you look out for them you can spot them and use an AE attack to pull them out of stealth.

The only stealth abilities that don't have the shimmer are those that also make you unrevealable such as the first second of Samuros wind walk. That's complete invisibility.

ElyrionX

Thanks guys. Some guy told me this in-game before but I thought he was trolling me. I never could see Nova out of stealth when playing against her though. Will try to keep a lookout next time.

Mupod

I can see stealthers clear as day. It blows my mind that when I'm playing one, nobody ever seems to notice me. Maybe it's a low settings vs ultra thing I dunno.

Only one I ever have trouble tracking is Samuro just because he's usually underneath a clusterfuck of mirror images, and the unrevealable thing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Patch notes!

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20812213/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-notes-june-5-2017-6-5-2017

Tl;dr

Map rotation gone from all modes apart from ranked play
Hero mastery taunts back in
Bolt of the storm removed from most characters, some get a character specific replacement
Thrall rework
Male mi or rework, including removal of mana regent on twilight dream. More Moofire!

I was about to post "hey infernal shrines is back, so whats the new map rotation?" but i guess there is none

"Earn epic in-game rewards in both Diablo III and Heroes just by playing Heroes of the Storm with a friend!
Quest: Play 15 Games with friend in VS AI, QM, Ranked, and Unranked as Diablo Heroes
Heroes of the Storm Rewards: Leoric's Phantom Charger, 1x Epic Loot Chest
Diablo III Rewards: Ghost Kerrigan Wings
The event begins during the week of June 12, and lasts until June 26. Click here to learn more about Malthael's Bargain."

oh its that red tint horse they showed on the Malthael video, nice

edit: oh this is nice, and deffinately something I was never sure with GFTT

"A generic marker has been added to indicate when enemies can be killed by an ability.
This marker will appear above low-health enemies for Greymane and Malthael when Go for the Throat or Last Rites will deal fatal damage to the target."

Prelude.

So what's the range of Last Rites? In the video it doesn't show up when the heroic gets highlighted, is it global? Seems broken as hell either way. A point and click kill on <33% health heroes that gets lower cd the more you use it.

I was about to post "hey infernal shrines is back, so whats the new map rotation?" but i guess there is none
IS has been in since they started the new rotation a few weeks ago.

Rhaknar

has it? I thought only the punisher was in. I dont think i've seen it since they introduced rotations :eek:

small nerf to Malf, much needed obviously

Maledict

has it? I thought only the punisher was in. I dont think i've seen it since they introduced rotations :eek:

small nerf to Malf, much needed obviously

Infernal shrines is the punisher map?

And that's not a small nerf to malf. Losing scripting drone, mana regent on twilight dream, cleanse at 7, and escape bolt at 20 is a huge blow to him. Suspect he will drop out of meta at the high end now (whilst probably being just as good at lower tiers as they couldn't use drone and cleanse anyways)

Alavard

- Removing map rotation from non-ranked modes: Good
- Showing the map rotation for ranked in-game: finally!
- Phasing out Bolt of the Storm / making hero specific versions: Great
- Thrall rework: I didn't realize he really needed one, but sure, I'll take it. Maybe he'll have more talent diversity now
- Malfurion changes: Overall, looks like more focus on his Moonfire and Entangling Roots. Maybe now he won't be such a default support pick, but more composition specific

Rhaknar

the other angel guys, damn it you know what I meant, dont judge me because im stupid!

the big angel guys that fight 1 v 1 :_;

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
1VEQ6UAN92A21496682812724.gif

Finally some dope ass D3 wings that I can actually get!

Rhaknar

just got into a match where my team, drum roll please...

Zarya (me), Jaina, Zeratul, Nova, Valeera

giphy.gif

Maledict

Unless you are absolutely, unreservedly committed to playing a specific hero I don't know why anyone would play quick match. And even then I would play unranked and just force it most of the time.

Maledict

Um, is Kaeyoh now a blizzard employee? He's on the anniversary cast as a social media manager, with dread as a heroes of the storm caster.

Top Bottom