• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

psyfi

Banned
Is this fucking E3 weekend? I'm so out of touch.
I've barely been paying attention too. There's nothing in particular I'm excited about, just generally curious. I'm hoping Nintendo will blow me away, and I hope MS offers up some new first party games. Lowest E3 hype in memory for me.

Alavard

I've barely been paying attention too. There's nothing in particular I'm excited about, just generally curious. I'm hoping Nintendo will blow me away, and I hope MS offers up some new first party games. Lowest E3 hype in memory for me.

The Nintendo Spotlight will only be 30 minutes long and is said to be focused solely on games releasing this year. Set expectations accordingly.

Rizzi

The Nintendo Spotlight will only be 30 minutes long and is said to be focused solely on games releasing this year. Set expectations accordingly.

I don't really expect to see anything mind blowing from Nintendo at E3. Mario, sure but I figure if they had anything super secret to announce for the Switch they would have mentioned it already.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
After nearly 8 years of moba and I'm trying quickcast.

Oh god it feels so weird.

yeah Im afraid of trying it. You're "supposed to" but it scares me.

Then again im the guy lvling every hero to 10 so its not like im worried about doing poorly in QM afterall.

So with a new season starting up, is there a guide as to exactly how your league rank is calculated, or what all of the factors are? After learning that you can only partner with people that are within 1 league of you, I'm concerned that Dahbomb, Mobius, and I might not place in the same area, and we all play together and have a good time.

If anyone else wants to semi-regularly play with our group, let me know! We would love to have two more.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
had the 3 games with support daily, and my last support under 10 is Tyrande, so decided to take her for a spin. Actually went 3-1 but all the time my reaction was

Ve9Y3.gif

I dunno man... shes like a shitty assassin mixed with a shitty healer. Landing those stuns is kinda satisfying I guess, and the owls are always funny (except now they are gimped to shit so you cant really snipe people) but she just feels awkward and unnecessary in the end :/

that's exactly what she should be as a hybrid.

awkward and unnecessary? :p

I kid I kid

So with a new season starting up, is there a guide as to exactly how your league rank is calculated, or what all of the factors are? After learning that you can only partner with people that are within 1 league of you, I'm concerned that Dahbomb, Mobius, and I might not place in the same area, and we all play together and have a good time.

If you've played TL this season, it'll use that MMR as a "seed" for next season. Your Placement matches will have higher uncertainty attached to them so your MMR will move more for wins and losses compared to non-placement matches. If you haven't played TL, I believe it seeds from your Unranked Draft MMR (which is in turn seeded from your Quick Match MMR if you haven't played Unranked Draft)

So if you played TL mostly with them previously, and do your placement matches together, you should end up in pretty similar ranks.

Fancolors

Trying to finally get over my fear of TLV.

They are so fun, but oh so easy to die. I can get the soaking, but I never know when it's okay to participate in a fight or to ignore it and push instead.

I'm sorry for people who find me in their QM team. I'm trying.

Maledict

That has to be one of the highest skill games I've ever seen. How the *fuck* Dignitas clawed a win out of that match is beyond me, Where the hell was that Dignitas yesterday?

Celegus

After nearly 8 years of moba and I'm trying quickcast.

Oh god it feels so weird.

Just switched a few months ago finally and love it! Old way feels so sluggish now.

Still had a few team ranked games to finish up before the season ends... our Sylv on BoE split pushes instead of going with the immortal and then Sonya decides to clean up mercs after we wipe their entire team and have a clear shot to the core (which failed because she never came). Never change...

Screenshot2017-06-11_20_21_41.jpg

My first legendary hero and my first legendary hero duplicate.

Sugar and salt in the same box.

Also got falstad like the loot box right before this one (both commons, rerolled the common for falstad).

Prelude.

I'm not really sure it's worth saving up chests when seasonal events are gonna have their own special chests, but since there's gonna be a Diablo event soon I guess I'm gonna wait until then and never do it again. I have about 25.

Speaking of Diablo, when do you think the necromancer stuff will come out? I downloaded the starter edition of D3 since I've been wanting to try it out (never played a Diablo before), but I'd like to know if they're gonna release a new Battle Chest equivalent to the leaked Essential Collection before I start playing it and potentially get hooked.

scoobs

i own almost all of the skins, so there's no point in me even opening these things. I'll save them for a year if i have to, surely there will be new skins to get from them at some point.

1 game later Blizzard apologized for giving me a duplicate tracer, this time from an epic loot.

Screenshot2017-06-11_20_58_03.jpg

3 heroes, 1 duplicate in a single day. If that tracer was a d.va instead I'd be out of my mind.

Welp, it looks like if you are paired with specific franchise characters on your team counts towards the franchise dailies even if you are not using them, Completed diablo and WoW characters as Tracer

Rhaknar

got 28 boxes to open on Malth day (so wednesday for us EU folk) and thats about what im gonna get as I've been slowly down a lot lately. Not exactly burned out mind you, just dont have the drive to play 15 games a day right now. 1 or 2 here, then maybe one or two later etc.

Doesnt help that I havent seen the usual EU posse around much later either.

Kioshen

Welp, it looks like if you are paired with specific franchise characters on your team counts towards the franchise dailies even if you are not using them, Completed diablo and WoW characters as Tracer

Draft queues match count every one of them for franchise or role dailies. You have to be specific in AI or QM.

Basoes

got 2 legendary crates back to back, the first being another uther skin, the 2nd being Kerrigan's green queen of blades costume, which makes up for the uther skin

Rhaknar

my legendaries were all very spaced out, I assume triggered by the protection system (every 18 boxes or whatever?), I never got 2 back to back, much less 2 in one box.

Kioshen

Oh, look a full stun lock won against a stun less global team. :thinking: Maybe wood tier unranked drafts were on to something.

Maledict

Roll20 is about to get utterly stomped by Fnatic with this draft unless I've gone crazy. They have all the playmakers.

Feels like Genji is slightly overvalued atm?

kirblar

Roll20 is about to get utterly stomped by Fnatic with this draft unless I've gone crazy. They have all the playmakers.

Feels like Genji is slightly overvalued atm?
Genji's really oppressive right now - he's singlehandedly shutting down a lot of draft options. But if you look at Zera/Uther/Diablo, there's a TON of disengage there to get him off your ass.

Maledict

Genji's really oppressive right now - he's singlehandedly shutting down a lot of draft options. But if you look at Zera/Uther/Diablo, there's a TON of disengage there to get him off your ass.

Yeah, it feels very much like rock / paper / scissors. Picking genji first shuts down a lot of comps, but at the same time it leaves you vulnerable to certain comps (two support, tons of cc etc). So far all the games I'm catching are the later, where genji is outdrafted.

Top Bottom