• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Fancolors

Whoever said the objective in mines is a trap was right. Just had match as Aba and despite mine team loosing team fights gathering skulls, we were still able to win because no matter what we lost to their golem, we got more in exchange because I could push all day while they wasted time down there.

This map is a mess, but it did feel good to backdoor them with the monstrosity.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Whoever said the objective in mines is a trap was right. Just had match as Aba and despite mine team loosing team fights gathering skulls, we were still able to win because no matter what we lost to their golem, we got more in exchange because I could push all day while they wasted time down there.

This map is a mess, but it did feel good to backdoor them with the monstrosity.

yup I just said the other day, im almost certain its better to ignore the objective completely and just snatch all the merc camps and push. Horrible map.

edit: what the fuck, got stuck in "waiting for results" screen, eventually I had to press leave and I didnt get my fucking xp, which would level me and give me a box sigh. Hotslogs counted the win, and so does my match history. Fix your shit Blizz. And now I cant log back in so I guess their shit is borked atm.

Alavard

I don't understand how Blizz could fuck up the brawl *again*. Just like two weeks ago, the game will sometimes count hero selection as AFK time and kick everyone.

brian!

I mean dont ignore it but do learn how to adapt...

Tipz:
Objective is not worth much but there's no reason not to take skulls if they are free and you are coming out ahead

Pls dont split up in the mines unless you know where the enemy team is or you are like genji or something

Pls look at what your teammates are doing and where they are, like this is the major key they dont want you to win tip

With the new layout the optimal way to play the map is w/ ppl in and out of the mines. This is because a sapper push is far more immediate and rewarding than a golem push and there is pretty much 0 reason not to aiege first and then go mines/have ppl geyting skulls while the enemy dedicates resources to defense. This means that you have to split, but split accordingly w/ waveclear/tanky ppl on d

But yeah 2nd worst map after hanamura, maybe worst map since hanamura can be fixed and hm has this effect of making ppl lose their minds

Altairre

Pls dont split up in the mines unless you know where the enemy team is or you are like genji or something

Everybody I play with on that map does this. Every. Single. Time. It's literally a game of "who runs into the larger clump of players first". I always try to write it once in chat but it's pointless.

Fuck Haunted Mines.

So I finally made the jump to Quick Cast on Release about 2 months ago (after playing with no QC at all since early beta... i know... I know). For some reason HotS reset to non-QC and I didn't realize it until I was in a game.

My *god*, how did I ever play where you actually had to click to fire stuff off? It feels so horrifically clunky now.

So yeah, anyone reading this who hasn't made the switch... switch. It takes all of a day or two to rewire your brain, and it's so, so much better.

Dahbomb

So I finally made the jump to Quick Cast on Release about 2 months ago (after playing with no QC at all since early beta... i know... I know). For some reason HotS reset to non-QC and I didn't realize it until I was in a game.

My *god*, how did I ever play where you actually had to click to fire stuff off? It feels so horrifically clunky now.

So yeah, anyone reading this who hasn't made the switch... switch. It takes all of a day or two to rewire your brain, and it's so, so much better.
Cast on release?

LUL we do full Quick cast here son (except some ultis that you don't want to accidentally press a button on).

I have a few on release AOEs so I can place them a bit better but usually on release is quick cast for me.

So I see a lot of hate on the brawls but I like them. I've learned a bit about characters I never play, usually motivate me to play them. This brawl I learned I might like D.Va, kael, and kharazim. I also learned I might hate falstad. Probably gonna queue up some kharazim since I already own him.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm way more salty than I should be for Blizzard stealing my xp and win gold I guess) earlier when the servers were borked :3

edit: just had a 9min 29secs win on Battlefield of Eternity :eek:

I'm way more salty than I should be for Blizzard stealing my xp and win gold I guess) earlier when the servers were borked :3

edit: just had a 9min 29secs win on Battlefield of Eternity :eek:

The angel/demon seem pretty powerful. Is there a boss strength tier list somewhere?

Milly79

So, after starting to use heroescounters.com to help us with unranked draft and focusing more on tanking, the results were 5-1 today. Feelsgoodman.

I only dislike the nuke map. Every other map I've liked to varying degrees.

I feel like it needs some tuning, but I don't actively dislike it. It feels too easy for people to grab something at the edge of the map and make a large impact as a result.

One thing I strongly dislike about Haunted Mines is that the opposing team gets a golem even if they didn't do anything...why? I'm also not big on forcing teams to drain their resources by fighting a hard-hitting boss early on.

Flex. Would have preferred him on off tank melee flex.

Today is the last day to make changes. MSB teams can wait till afterwards to announce their changes but also had to lock them in by today. That leaves Khroen and Mc out in the cold.

Milly79

Meh. We'll see how that goes. I don't ever recall seeing srey on anything but tanks, but it's not like I actively watch him either.

IceMarker

I seem to get the "Play 8 Games" quest more often when my quest log is empty going into a new day. I've seen it 4 days in a row once keeping it clean.

Prelude.

y5454kgu90.jpg
Good meme.

Prelude.

I had an all Zera when they had that brawl with 1 lane where you need to destroy the core. Silver City, I think. That was actually cancer.

Won

I thought I learned my lesson last weekend, but nope, insisted to play today anyway. Weekend hots gives other games a run for their money when it comes to toxcity.

Ketch

Roll 20s medivh is so fucking disgusting.

Like it's not just glad being pretty good at it, but the whole team just knows how to abuse the shit out of having that hero on their team.

Kioshen

Roll 20s medivh is so fucking disgusting.

Like it's not just glad being pretty good at it, but the whole team just knows how to abuse the shit out of having that hero on their team.

It helps when the shot caller is on the hero and he has complete authority over the calls.

Ketch

#sponsored

I'm surprised nobody talked about the Leo pick. It's not good on the map, it's not good vs those heroes, and it really didn't do anything in that game. They could have went with either something with more damage, more lock down, or more maneuverability and it would have been much better.
... like maybe Artanis.

Edit: they should let Chen Q to teammates.

Top Bottom