• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Fancolors

I think I'm starting to understand why so many people recommend quickcast.

Been hitting a lot more skillshots because it just comes out quicker. I might turn it off for pseudo-globals tho since it's harder to see if things are on range when the camera is far away from your hero.

they like talking big but the 2-0 wasn't that clean.

If Roll 20 cleans up their act they could take a series. This last game was decided when buds made a risky rotation with no view of Fnatic.

Maledict

they like talking big but the 2-0 wasn't that clean.

If Roll 20 cleans up their act they could take a series. This last game was decided when buds made a risky rotation with no view of Fnatic.

Sort of agree there, it wasn't until they got caught badly out of position did it go completely sideways. First game was absolutely lost in draft though.

Yeah but for a game lost in draft R20 held up very long on even footing. They are able to compete they just need to improve as a team overall. Fnatic has a lot of seniority over them and that lead them to win this.

IceMarker

Holy fuck QM has been bullshit today. One of those seems-impossible-to-win days, did Sylvanas get nerfed or something since I last played her? 3 losses in a row now...

I can stand QM less and less because I usually am playing heroes I've never played before and if your team doesn't win people are salty af. I mean it's QM, why do people take that mode seriously.

Dahbomb

I can stand QM less and less because I usually am playing heroes I've never played before and if your team doesn't win people are salty af. I mean it's QM, why do people take that mode seriously.
Because your MMR is still attached to it unfortunately. And that determines where you will place in placement matches in ranked.

I think my MMR in QM is Bronze (I am lower than you are right now) but in Hero league I am Platinum. And then my team rank is Silver. It's just all over the place because of that Quick Play MMR. Just like you I just play around with new heroes and try out weird builds that sometimes don't work out.

You say that but I just had a chill game playing tychus where I was feeding like crazy and playing like trash and everyone just shrugged it off.

When I told them I didn't realize Tychus' trait is activateable for half the game they laughed.

I don't get Tychus at all btw.

Not every game is a salt fest at least.

--

DId blizzard make heroes drop from loot crates more? I mean goddamn.

Yesterday:
Falstad
Li Ming
Tracer (dupe)
Leoric (dupe)
Diablo (dupe)

And today I got Kerrigan.

I think before this I got like maybe 3 or 4 heroes over the entire period of 2.0.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I only did one game today, for the loot box daily. It was another Tyrande game, Im not sure why.

It was also another win /shrug

Clearly i'm an amazing Tyrande, that's the only explanation :eek:

Alavard

I'm almost done my quest to own all the emoji packs. Just 6 more to go (and then another 2 once Malthael comes out). And I've still got over 2000 shards in reserve for some stuff during the summer event.

I don't get it either. I have been a bit too salty lately from IRL issues.

Because your MMR is still attached to it unfortunately. And that determines where you will place in placement matches in ranked.

I think my MMR in QM is Bronze (I am lower than you are right now) but in Hero league I am Platinum. And then my team rank is Silver. It's just all over the place because of that Quick Play MMR. Just like you I just play around with new heroes and try out weird builds that sometimes don't work out.
Only for your first placement.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
does the character screen on PTR add any empty slots? :3

Rhaknar

Good luck to US HotsGaf trying to snatch Malth out of a loot box today.

The only thing sadder than a Taunted enemy hero not receiving any follow up is an ETC Mosh Pit with more than one hero in it not being gibbed.

"Guys, guys...(._.)"

scoobs

Oh my god Malthael is out today, holy shit. Been so caught up in E3 and other shit that I completely forgot. Yesssssssssssss

Rhaknar

Yeah I dont like Alarak, at all. He's just very awkward to use for me. Shame because I really like his kit in theory.

Kioshen

That Braxxis R2E vs SPT was stressful to watch. Kinda funny how the panel was praising GFE for introducing this style of play in NA but
at least it worked out in the end

IceMarker

It's so weird to me that we haven't gotten any of the other prime evils.

I'll assume the best of the situation and assume they have the rest of them on the list, they just haven't got to them yet.
Sadly, we have to get through about 6 more Warcraft heroes first.

WinFonda

from what I tried of Malthael he feels very cumbersome - which is a weird feeling for a melee assassin to have, imo

not a comment on the strength of the hero, i think he's possibly a good answer to beefy sustain comps, but that leoric-esque move speed and attack speed is off putting

Maledict

from what I tried of Malthael he feels very cumbersome - which is a weird feeling for a melee assassin to have, imo

not a comment on the strength of the hero, i think he's possibly a good answer to beefy sustain comps, but that leoric-esque move speed and attack speed is off putting

Weirdly I felt the exact opposite. He was much faster and more involved than I expected. All his abilities were low cooldown (one being spammable), and with the teleport and need to put your mark on all enemies if possible made it feel like I was clicking a lot more than usual.

Top Bottom