• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Ketch

literally everytime i'm away from the internet i'm rippin a cocaine bender and fuckin strangers in an alley
BtQEkCS.gif

In other news, first mathiel game I did over 100k hero and siege damage. He seems pretty good against rexxar, samuro, thrall comps.

scoobs

literally everytime i'm away from the internet i'm rippin a cocaine bender and fuckin strangers in an alley
BtQEkCS.gif

In other news, first mathiel game I did over 100k hero and siege damage. He seems pretty good against rexxar, samuro, thrall comps.
He seems pretty good against everything

not really, gamers are just fucking terrible

Well... she fucked up simply going unplugged, shrugging off nvidia, and every other sponsor + panel she was supposed to be on. Those were amazing opportunities for a small-time streamer.

I think it's clear that she fucked up. It's just none of our business.

I do agree though, gamer culture is a cesspool.

Altairre

There are few things that tilt me more than a bad murky player on my team. 35 minute long game on warhead junction, this murky split pushes the entire time, doesn't join fights and gets absolutely nothing done. He spent about 15 minutes running up against a keep and didn't even damage it. He also didn't take bribe (because why would split push murky take bribe) and went for armor on pufferfish (wut). If he had helped us, we would have won that game easily. I played Azmo, almost outsieged him, had three times his hero damage and more xp contribution.

Murky just isn't that good at split pushing anymore, his real value is in him being annoying to the enemy team and putting out a surprisingly high amount of hero damage. March can win teamfights, especially when there's no healer on the enemy team (like in this one) and later in the game he is excellent in 1v1 situations against a lot of heroes.

There are few things that tilt me more than a bad murky player on my team. 35 minute long game on warhead junction, this murky split pushes the entire time, doesn't join fights and gets absolutely nothing done. He spent about 15 minutes running up against a keep and didn't even damage it. He also didn't take bribe (because why would split push murky take bribe) and went for armor on pufferfish (wut). If he had helped us, we would have won that game easily. I played Azmo, almost outsieged him, had three times his hero damage and more xp contribution.

Murky just isn't that good at split pushing anymore, his real value is in him being annoying to the enemy team and putting out a surprisingly high amount of hero damage. March can win teamfights, especially when there's no healer on the enemy team (like in this one) and later in the game he is excellent in 1v1 situations against a lot of heroes.

You are totally right and in all honesty, most people suck at effective split pushing. it's easy to think you are good at it though

Yikes. I'm just gonna assume the player was new to murky. 35 mins? sheesh.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So heroes released in 2017 so far:

Zul'Jin - Warcraft
Valeera - Warcraft
Lucio - Overwatch
Probius - Starcraft
Cassia - Diablo
Genji - Overwatch
Dva - Overwatch
Malthael - Diablo

What are we due for? Another Warcraft hero or a Starcraft one? Mind you the two before Zul were also WC heroes (Varian and Rag).

Alavard

So heroes released in 2017 so far:

Zul'Jin - Warcraft
Valeera - Warcraft
Lucio - Overwatch
Probius - Starcraft
Cassia - Diablo
Genji - Overwatch
Dva - Overwatch
Malthael - Diablo

What are we due for? Another Warcraft hero or a Starcraft one? Mind you the two before Zul were also WC heroes (Varian and Rag).

Well, Stukov should still be coming 'soon' due to the zerg egg easter-egg several heroes ago. And if this is supposed to be 'a good year for supports', I think we'll get Anduin Wrynn as a Warcraft priest healer.

Altairre

Yikes. I'm just gonna assume the player was new to murky. 35 mins? sheesh.
We also had a Malthael that both complained and died a lot. He'd start a camp across the map, when nobody was with him, get ganked by Sonya and instead of backing off he'd just ping for assistance and die. Then he complained about how nobody was helping him. Had like 10 deaths at the end of the game.

Blizz said 2017 was supposed to be a great year for supports... so far we got Lucio (nerfed to ground) and a couple reworks that has made supports weaker overall.

Maybe we get Anduin or Velen?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
We also had a Malthael that both complained and died a lot. He'd start a camp across the map, when nobody was with him, get ganked by Sonya and instead of backing off he'd just ping for assistance and die. Then he complained about how nobody was helping him. Had like 10 deaths at the end of the game.

Why do I never seen you on lately? When are you doing these games?

Blizz said 2017 was supposed to be a great year for supports... so far we got Lucio (nerfed to ground) and a couple reworks that has made supports weaker overall.

Maybe we get Anduin or Velen?

There are still zero Draenei in the game. What the fuck Blizzard?

Prelude.

Stukov is well overdue.

Malth: "No one is looking at the minimap."
The split pusher Murky: "I'm the only one doing it."

Good game.

brian!

The worst "bad x player" for me is definitely sgt hammer, i dont really get riled up by much but i feel lile the hammers that siege all the time are abusive

Prelude.

Every Hammer I get is basically afk. And I'm pretty sure some of the are alt-tabbing or something, because they don't even try to unsiege when they get attacked.

Altairre

so thats how it is, I see.

I was waiting for you to finish your game but you logged off right after. Why do you hate me Rhak ;( ?

The worst "bad x player" for me is definitely sgt hammer, i dont really get riled up by much but i feel lile the hammers that siege all the time are abusive

I should try hammer, watching Grubby play her helped me a lot in terms of getting a basic understanding of what you're supposed to do (which is avoiding siege mode for most of the game except for a few situations). Pretty much everybody hammer I see in qm doesn't do that.

brian!

Every Hammer I get is basically afk. And I'm pretty sure some of the are alt-tabbing or something, because they don't even try to unsiege when they get attacked.

When they die i feel like they are giving a thumbs up and whispering "all according to plan"

Altairre

same, but we should do it. For lolsies. I want to get this stupid event quest out of the way asap tho.
Yeah I still have to play 10 games with Diablo heroes. That Murky tilted me so much that I played a game with Murky myself after it (which we won).

It's just a game man, get your ass in there
Hell I had qm anxiety for a while there. Hate when I feel like I'm dragging my team down.

Two teams enter, one's gonna lose, one's gonna win. All you can do is focus on your own play, try and coordinate with your team and not be a toxic shitter.

I noticed we have

valeera - rogue
rexxar - hunter
malfurion - druid
uther - paladin
thrall - shaman
jaina - mage
guldan - warlock

So where is grommash and anduin.
tyrande and muradin don't count,
we need full og hearthstone cast

Deathwing seems like a neat idea.

Kel thuzad
Tirion

I don't think there is a goblin character. I stopped playing wow before that became a playable race though.

Ketch

I noticed we have

valeera - rogue
rexxar - hunter
malfurion - druid
uther - paladin
thrall - shaman
jaina - mage
guldan - warlock

Kel thuzad
Tirion

I don't think there is a goblin character. I stopped playing wow before that became a playable race though.

I would like to see Dr.Boom in hots.

scoobs

Problem with Grommash and Garrosh is they're just warriors so... Varian kind of already ate their lunch in terms of kit.

Rhaknar

man I get much more success with Monstrosity than with Utimate Evo. I guess because QM gonna QM so they dont really pay attention to split pushes (much like with Murky, Sylvanas, Azmo etc sometimes), but dropping a monster in a lane and most times, just letting him do his thing usually gets a fort down or something.

On one hand Evo is 1 more hero in a TF, on the other, Monster if you dont go take care of it, is one more hero solo pushing, so you will probably at least remove 1 enemy from a TF.

I dunno... Im a noob.

edit: also check out this fucked up math. I need to get 25 levels to get 150 more gems before the next hero hits (im at 640 gems atm, I just got 150 today from 550), so im thinking I spend 10k gold on Cho Gall, and thats a easy 10 levels (5 on each, thats how he works right? each head is independant level wise?) and 1k gold right there :3

edit: also lol at finishing the 800g quest, and then imediatly getting it again.

Shouta

Man, Malthael is so much fun. He's hard if there are a lot of ranged but man, when there are a lot of melee or high HP characters on the enemy team, you just end up feasting on it all.

Just had a match where the enemy comp was D.va, Artanis, Diablo, Cassia, and Kharazim. As soon as I got 13, I took Ethereal Existence (15 physical armor for each hero with a Reaper's Marked up to a Max of 45). I've never felt more tanky in this game than in that situation. A lot of juicy heals from my Auriel helped out but man, we steamrolled them real quick.

Shouta

What did people even say about him in the PTR?

IIRC his mechanics were bugged in the PTR and he was doing full damage to bosses. Pretty sure if that version was in the game right now he would be broken.

Dunno if it's changed or not but he still does massive damage to bosses and objective ones like Dragon Knight, etc. He's probably one of the most effective heroes for it in my meager experience.

He's crazy weak to ranged characters though and gets kited hard

Maledict

Dunno if it's changed or not but he still does massive damage to bosses and objective ones like Dragon Knight, etc. He's probably one of the most effective heroes for it in my meager experience.

There was a bug about how his damage was shown on the monsters health bar, but afaik the damage was always right. In terms of effectiveness see the chart I posted on the last page - he's the 7th best hero for killing bosses at level 16, with the enhanced duration in mark and the extra damage whenever mark lasts a long time. Golden Arrow Valla remains the absolute best, she utterly murders bosses and from an earlier level than most heroes.

I noticed we have

valeera - rogue
rexxar - hunter
malfurion - druid
uther - paladin
thrall - shaman
jaina - mage
guldan - warlock

Kel thuzad
Tirion

the alternative warrior portrait is magni not muradin

What? Is this some retcon bullshit?

Yeah they retconned it right before one of the books a while ago. Pretty sure it was a comic trying to reconcile some weird timelines (she is older than when Humans and Orcs meet. She would be 5 years old when she kills Llane otherwise) . They retconned it around 2007 iirc.

Yeah, that's how I feel - he's a wonderful anti-tank. Just needs to be careful of Valla and Cassias.

Top Bottom