• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

scoobs

Can't recall a time results have been spoilered here, but there you go snowflake

xTiTnHXbRoaZ1B1Mo8.webp

They have a blow up comp. Better go judgement.

World-class support gets stunned by immortal against a Varian Arthas comp...
Heck I saw that follow up coming. Had to blow VP and judgement just so Rehgar wouldn't die which lost them any chance to contest the immortal.

Milly79

The few games I played on thrall he felt much better.

But I got a switch with Zelda and pubg has taken up a ton of my time too. I was so ready for malth too... 😩

Ketch

Who are the hard counters to Thrall?

I want to shit on Thrall.

You know whose really good vs thrall? Witch doctor. Not a hard counter, but if you are good with zombie wall and don't stand in melee range then witch doctor really poops on him.

Sonya
Diablo
Probably cassia
Varian

Basically blinds stuns burst damage.

I feel like varian is a hero that should be my jam, but I don't like him and I'm not sure why

Obvious Pro tip: abathur is pretty bad on dragonshire. Dig should honestly know better.

Gilly and trikslyr are like the same person.

Shouta

There was a bug about how his damage was shown on the monsters health bar, but afaik the damage was always right. In terms of effectiveness see the chart I posted on the last page - he's the 7th best hero for killing bosses at level 16, with the enhanced duration in mark and the extra damage whenever mark lasts a long time. Golden Arrow Valla remains the absolute best, she utterly murders bosses and from an earlier level than most heroes.

Hungering Arrow Valla is disgusting. I know because that's my favorite build with her, lol.

Yeah, that's how I feel - he's a wonderful anti-tank. Just needs to be careful of Valla and Cassias.

Valla definitely. Cassia isn't too bad, though that depends on the build. The ones that tend to rush in and try to stab you are super easy to deal with as you just need to teleport behind them with Wraith Strike as soon as you get the hit and they start stabbing you.

brian!

bakery on the nose, mvp are behind the meta and draft 2 important

Fan: yo bakery but what happens when they dont let you get all the picks you want

p_wibOhASSmPxiEN4OEr3Q.png

"bro..."

Ketch

Lol.

HEY EVERYONE HERES THE HEROES TO BAN VS DIGNITAS IF YOU WERENT SURE.

NA is so bad that the best player in the region can't even cast without throwing.

Kioshen

The few games I played on thrall he felt much better.

But I got a switch with Zelda and pubg has taken up a ton of my time too. I was so ready for malth too... 😩

Grats ! I'm so hyped for new metroid games that I dug out my old GBA sp from storage to play fusion. Will try to find zero mission next.

Mid season brawl is pretty hyped so far but I'm having allergies thinking about playing the game though.

Alavard

On Sky Temple, top and mid objectives are 10 seconds away from activating and we have a Boss marching to our bottom keep. Allied Zarya thinks this is the perfect time to solo a bruiser camp. Arg. And I don't speak whatever language that player did, but they seemed to be very upset that none of us helped.

Somehow we pulled out a victory, but it was very touch and go for a while.

Edit - to be clear, at 10 seconds before the objective, she was nowhere near the camp, so there was no chance we could finish it before the obj popped.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You know who fucks up Malthael? Butcher. Butcher fucks up Malthael.

a lot of things fucks him up.

Speaking of Malth, I dont understand how that lvl 20 talent to leave the E on the ground is the highest pick, just saw a Malth use it and im like "ok...nobody is going to stand in that, meanwhile im insta resing and youre not so lol?"

scoobs

a lot of things fucks him up.

Speaking of Malth, I dont understand how that lvl 20 talent to leave the E on the ground is the highest pick, just saw a Malth use it and im like "ok...nobody is going to stand in that, meanwhile im insta resing and youre not so lol?"

Final Curtain is insane. Lots of extra damage, zoning tool, helps spread his trait in team fights. If you check his win rates is far and away his best level 20.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Final Curtain is insane. Lots of extra damage, zoning tool, helps spread his trait in team fights. If you check his win rates is far and away his best level 20.

helps spread it in TFs? it already lasts 6 seconds anyway, are people really going to stand in it after that? Nah dwg, I dont care what hotslogs says this time.

The insta res is much better imo, I can do #yolo trades because I know I can insta res. If im wrong im wrong, but from what I've played, this is one of the few hills i'll die on. That E talent seems shit.

Dahbomb

helps spread it in TFs? it already lasts 6 seconds anyway, are people really going to stand in it after that? Nah dwg, I dont care what hotslogs says this time.

The insta res is much better imo, I can do #yolo trades because I know I can insta res. If im wrong im wrong, but from what I've played, this is one of the few hills i'll die on. That E talent seems shit.
They either stand in the curtain or they lose team fight position or they lose the objective. That's what a zoning ability like that does, the team has to make a tough choice.

scoobs

You can force the enemy team out of an area, or they take a lot of damage if they don't move. Thats the power of it. Its like Kael'Thas's phoenix ultimate, same concept, and that is an ultimate ability whereas this is just an upgrade to a base ability on an 8 second cooldown. Its preeeeeeetty good.

The res talent really only gets value if you plan on feeding late game, or if you're team lost an important team fight barely, and you need someone to D the core. Its useful, but only in niche scenarios, or when you're going to lose anyways so overall I'd advise against it.

Rhaknar

I guess. Ill try it one of these days then. I tried those W talents in a match just now and im not sure about them. Increase range isntead of the speed boost, man I like that speed boost, and it gets you out of bodyblocks and zeebo walls and shit.

And the dmg on W instead of the slow on Q is also iffy. Slows are also great utility for you and the team so...yeah.

Maledict

Wow EU. Goddamn.

Saw Fnatic woke up to dig news.

Yeah. I know my dreams will end up being crushed, but today they both looked *so* strong. Obviously they had hidden some strats in group stage - I've never seen a Genji / Illidan comp, and watching it run over MVP was *brutal*.

I'd love to have a Dignitas mount, but any European team would be great.

kirblar

Yeah. I know my dreams will end up being crushed, but today they both looked *so* strong. Obviously they had hidden some strats in group stage - I've never seen a Genji / Illidan comp, and watching it run over MVP was *brutal*.

I'd love to have a Dignitas mount, but any European team would be great.
Illidans been all over the tourney tho lol

Genji makes it so so many heroes can't be played. He's definitely an issue.

scoobs

I knew Genji would be an issue from day 1. Remember when everyone was saying he doesn't do enough damage? Good times. He's just one of those heroes that dominates once mastered. Dragon blade damage nerf, E range and damage nerf, shuriken quest nerf all need to happen.

Alur

Random HGC observations from the bit I've watched so far of the VOD

1) HGC intro = clearly inspired by GoT musically and graphically

2) Ayy Chen whaddup

I would like to see Dr.Boom in hots.

I want him to be just as OP as in Hearthstone too.

Top Bottom