• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Kioshen

Holy cow Tempo Storm got owned so bad by Team Freedom. Wonder if they'll recover after that first match fast enough to fight back.

Maledict

Holy cow Tempo Storm got owned so bad by Team Freedom. Wonder if they'll recover after that first match fast enough to fight back.

Drafting Sylvanas and then illidan on BoE is pure dumb. You need to guarantee the early immortals otherwise you get crushed, and Illidan is not an early game hero.

so should iknow who team freedom is, i dont recognize any of the names. Yet they are taking murlocs... i mean astral... i mean tempo to town

scoobs

I don't see how any team can pick Illidan and expect to win these days outside of Korea. Its way too easy to throw w/ that hero. I love him to death, but he's just too risky a pick.

kirblar

I don't see how any team can pick Illidan and expect to win these days outside of Korea. Its way too easy to throw w/ that hero. I love him to death, but he's just too risky a pick.
You have to last round him. If he's picked early it's real easy to shut him down.

brian!

yeah that steal was sick

oh just noticed the sonya buffs, that is a crazy amount of healing, like wtf they just straight up gave her 100 dmg on e

The new cd reduction for Guillotine helps but it's still like trying to land Deep Breathing with a nearly three times as long a cool down.

I really only take Guillotine over Tazdingo if there's a blind heavy line-up that renders the damage and invulnerability completely useless.

scoobs

Just won a game versus a god-tier Chromie on Braxis who did 100,000 hero damage in an 18 minute game (cuz that hero is fucking well designed). We got their core to 23% early on, proceeded to wipe and feed continuously until they were at our core and got it to 1% when we deleted the Chromie pro the second before he was about to auto attack our core to win. We wiped them and ran down and won. God it felt good.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK CHROMIE

Also I was playing Tassadar, and was 2nd in damage behind Chromie. W build Archon 4 lyfe

Kioshen

I don't want to add insult to injury but can you send me the replay of that game? I want to see what this player did with her. Sure it was braxxis so zone control is what she does best but I'm just curious.

Kioshen

I never used it but we could maybe try the share replay feature of hotdogs if you want. If not, i'll send you my e-mail address via pm.

brian!

dig giving tricked the work, 2-0 right now
3rd game starting on towers w/
dig: etc, arthas, jaina, tychus, bw
tricked: rehgar, valla, rag, zera, tyrael

arthas has been prioritized by dig, and tychus has been figured in heavily due to ppl running so many warriors (fp, bans), etc. also has heavy prioritization in this series

I was about to ask solo Tyrael when I realised Rag is run as an off tank just as much as melee carry.
It's a bit sad that player quality is still that disparate. Outside the top 3 or 4 you need someone like adrd doing crazy stuff to make them sweat.

brian!

tbh the skill disparity doesnt seem too high, dig is just more practiced and getting better drafts, shotcalling more tight as well
it doesn't help that valla went q build, it's not bad w/ rag and zera backing you up but it's not a meaningful build against their comp

tricked winning right now w/ lvl advantage and good dives, cannon count is dig:28 tricked:16, not too much of a lead in that area
dig comp very dependent on mosh/cleanse combo, ancestral is really good against their comp w/ their long cds, i really hope valla gets frost arrow

dig ahead now, the moshes are very decisive
vall got frost arrow but they are too behind now from eating every single mosh that comes out, waddya know etc is great against 4 melee

tricked just had a beautiful team fight to save themselves from losing (they are at 4 shots) w/ vp coming off cd during the fight, they opt to not immediately take shrine in order to get exp back (18 to 18 now), but dig is not dumb and go straight for mercs
chat is going ham about them not capping, but dont understand that they are trying to prevent a multi spawn shrine against a team w/ a global, they lose in the end tho good try

dig 3-0 in da series

The skill disparity in EU and NA is most about the amount of heroes any one player can play at a certain level. The MVPRiches carries of both regions have been disappointing or have adjusted.

Thanks for the commentary.

I hate playing on towers but I'm not sure on how I view it in competitive. Leads in objebtive don't seem to mean nearly as much as they don't contribute to any experience advantages and it has much less of an inevitability. At 1 health on the core you still don't have to fear any real backdoor. Structures never go permanently down and minion waves don't really accomplish anything.

The actual ending is also very anticlimactic, so much so that I wish it ended on the actual capping being successful instead of the shots landing.

Alur

I often wonder if I like listening to Bakery talk because his accent is as strong as mine, or if I actually really like his accent. It's hard to tell.

Someone needs to post live commentary. They don't have WiFi in the hospital I'm staying at.

You all right? How serious? I didn't realize part of your absence was a hospital stay. That's awful. Hope everything turns out well!

brian!

I hate playing on towers but I'm not sure on how I view it in competitive. Leads in objebtive don't seem to mean nearly as much as they don't contribute to any experience advantages and it has much less of an inevitability. At 1 health on the core you still don't have to fear any real backdoor. Structures never go permanently down and minion waves don't really accomplish anything.

towers game get pretty hype as a viewer, but I don't really enjoy playing it (warhead too)

i gotta say tho, currently the games in eu are much better than na

You all right? How serious? I didn't realize part of your absence was a hospital stay. That's awful. Hope everything turns out well!
No need to worry. Was a scheduled procedure and almost plastic in nature.
towers game get pretty hype as a viewer, but I don't really enjoy playing it (warhead too)

i gotta say tho, currently the games in eu are much better than na
Kind of like warhead. Boss is super easy to do and people rarely expect it.

Alur

I vacillate on whether I enjoy Towers as a player or not. We do well on it IIRC, but I honestly find it to be a little annoying due to there being only one real way to win.

I've definitely got Warhead and Garden on the bottom of my list, though. Enjoy Tomb and Infernal Shrines the most probably.

No need to worry. Was a scheduled procedure and almost plastic in nature.

That's good to hear!

brian!

Yeah for me top 5 are
Tomb
Sky temple
Infernal
Braxis
Boe

And a special shoutout to booty bay, the map only really gets annoying when ur team focuses on coins and turn ins

Used to be pretty into cursed hallow but the boss stuff gets pretty boring. I actually enjoy garden but i never seem to queue into it

I rank maps by how much people seem to get them in scrub league.
Which means dragon shire is trash tier. There's just something about that map.

Spider, BoE, Shrines, Cursed Hollow, Warhead, even Sky Temple all need minimal explaining if at all.

Braxis, Booty Bay, DS, Garden are hell.

Alur

Probably my top 5 too just in a slightly different order. I do like Braxxis a lot.

Never been a huge fan of Cursed Hollow. Like you, I find the boss stuff to not be very rewarding and I don't really like the curse mechanic.

brian!

oh i really like dshire too
i think lower lvls have trouble w/ it cuz the decision making is poor and triangle bush control is not prioritized (constant movement is very huge on this map)
and lane tunneling ofc

a lot of ppl would consider dshire a poor map for globals since it's small, but it's actually one of the best due to there only really being one vertical lane

Dshire is a fine map it's just not suited to people that still do a 2-2-1 split on every map with next to no roaming.
The worst is when people split to cap both shrines unaware of the opponents position then get picked off by a deathball. The thought to just make sure they can deny the objective doesn't register when you can tunnel vision.

Almost the same issue on Braxis. Just hold 1 point, if you can't get the other asap. Nope gotta brawl till you lose.

Been playing a bit of Valeera lately, kinda sucks that she doesnt build combo points on large pve enemies.

Was playing her on BoE in qm and my immortal dmg felt like a wet sock.

scoobs

So ya... I like the new tass. Here's the build I'm running that I mostly copied from HORSEPANTS stream, but made some slight changes that I prefer. Damage Tass is a beast.
NxVF6Qv.jpg

Maledict

I am in awe of that. I played one game this afternoon, ran into a team with a normal healer, and we just crumbled. TBH I think it mostly our valeera who thought she was a melee dps like thrall and so kept diving into their team that did it...

kirblar

I am in awe of that. I played one game this afternoon, ran into a team with a normal healer, and we just crumbled. TBH I think it mostly our valeera who thought she was a melee dps like thrall and so kept diving into their team that did it...
Valeera's zero-sustain like Samuro/Greymane, right?

Top Bottom