• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

scoobs

Valeera's zero-sustain like Samuro/Greymane, right?
Yerp. You can't play her like a melee assasin, you kinda have to play just like you would with nova. Wait for opportunities to secure kills on the squishies, follow up on your teams CCs.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
She's a Samuro with better burst but no ability to pad fights with clone HP.

Celegus

But randoms do pick up on stuff even in scrub league. People know to wait out the immortal jump for instance, hence why that's one of the good ones.
Dragon Shire is one of the oldest maps yet people in scrub league still suck at it.

Hotslogs says I'm diamond QM (I don't upload anything, just whatever happens to get there) and I still only see people do this maybe half the time. I type back and ping defend on the fort/keep but people still insist on standing right in front of the gate and dying instantly.

Alur

Wow. I would have to look to traditional sports to find examples of players who were so high on the hog and have fallen so far so quickly. From C9 in China to Denial to BStep...just quit guys.

scoobs

What the fuck is Naventic doing? Letting bruiser camps push during objectives, wasting ults at totally useless times... these guys suck ass

Just went 10 8 and 1 and highest hero damage with Valeera and my teammate threatened to ddos attack me. Because I am supposed to stay in one lane at all times.

Tell him to fuck off

I did. Just annoyed him for the remainder of the match by calling him pro and asking for his autograph. Then reported him. He did however praise the jaina with 10 deaths as the only good player on the team. Idk must be bizarro or something.

Really getting back into HotS right now, loving the newish heroes like Rag and Samuro. The brawls and some new maps like the Zerg map are amazing. Very intelligent updates to the game thus far. Can't wait to play this more, always loved this game.

Vimes

Doing placements for the first time for Hero League answers my question of where all the toxic assholes in QM went.

Milly79

The new brawl can actually be pretty fun. We had a game where they went double Abathur and got rekt. Last game it was:

Us: Artanis x2, Zera x2, Morales
Them: Artanis x2, Illidan x2, Uther

The fights were so long and drawn out made it really enjoyable.

Maledict

The new brawl can actually be pretty fun. We had a game where they went double Abathur and got rekt. Last game it was:

Us: Artanis x2, Zera x2, Morales
Them: Artanis x2, Illidan x2, Uther

The fights were so long and drawn out made it really enjoyable.

Apparently double abathur should be avoided as there are some weird bugs that can occur that can permanently take someone out of the game. Something to do with the engine not being able to cope with two clones at once...

Prelude.

I fucking love warhead junction. Both Starcraft maps are super fun IMO

Too easy to take a boss, it's hard to defend and there's also two. Too many nukes too.
I "like" the map as well, but it needs some rework. Your whole team can be afk for the first half of the game and still win in the next few minutes if you win a single team fight.

scoobs

Too easy to take a boss, it's hard to defend and there's also two. Too many nukes too.
I "like" the map as well, but it needs some rework. Your whole team can be afk for the first half of the game and still win in the next few minutes if you win a single team fight.

This is the case with every map. Comeback mechanics. 6.5/10

Milly79

Weekend HoTS is the WORST HoTS.

Seriously. Loss after loss after loss.

The game I'm in now has an afk Valeera pathing between the bruiser camp on BhB and attacking it once ever 45s to avoid being kicked.

Celegus

Is Valeera split push solo laning Sylvanas style a legitimate thing or something? Literally every game I've played this weekend has one on my team that completely ignores the rest of us and daggers a fort.

Kioshen

Trik has HGC exposure that is boosting his viewership I think. Chu8 decided to bow out of HGC and focus only on his streaming but it'll probably hurt him in the long run. Although his numbers are still healthy really. Funny thing that his team is doing so great right now in NA.

scoobs

chu8 makes like $600 a day from just donations streaming, and has like 1,000 subs. He's doing alright. His numbers will grow if the game continues to grow.

He definitely made the right decision for himself and for his former teammates. They are way better without him.

Xeteh

Any chance Blizzard revamps the replays at some point? I hate whenever I want to look something up that happened in an old match because it takes way longer than it should.

scoobs

Any chance Blizzard revamps the replays at some point? I hate whenever I want to look something up that happened in an old match because it takes way longer than it should.

Heavily requested feature, but its something that would require re-working the entire engine, and they've said they'd rather focus on adding new features than to undertake such a big task as to fix their replay system. Although they have taken strides to improve it... if you can believe it actually used to be worse.

I'd say a better replay system and spectating friends are in my top 2 or 3 most requested additions to the game at this point.

Is Valeera split push solo laning Sylvanas style a legitimate thing or something? Literally every game I've played this weekend has one on my team that completely ignores the rest of us and daggers a fort.

Any Valeera that's in plain view for the other team on the map for any length of time, doing something like pushing a lane, is probably pretty shit.

Xeteh

Yeah, I played off and on since beta, it just still blows my mind that was the system that came out of this game. Especially considering it works the same way to rejoin a game upon disconnect, your team is stuck without you while the client "catches up". Its frustrating.

Deterministic lockstep. It's the legacy of Starcraft 2's engine. It allowed for rapid and inexpensive prototyping (for what was initially a SCII arcade game/map for Heart of the Swarm) and for the HotS team to focus on content creation but also provided us with the worst re-connect state out of any MOBA ever.

The more content and features they pile on, the less likely they'll address such a core issue with their game engine in the foreseeable future. Arguably they're so far past the point of no return and it will likely never be changed.

Edit: For funsies I've been playing my Shitty Uther since it's super late-night gong-show Quick Match.

1. Fist of Justice
4. Boundless Conviction
7. Holy Fire
10. Divine Storm
13. Holy Shock
16. Gathering Radiance
20. Divine Hurricane

Right click, stuns and nukes ahoy. It's not a good build if you want to, you know, heal your teammates, but it's fun as fuck deleting Valeera's in these uncoordinated matches with this build.

Top Bottom