• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Kioshen

chu8 makes like $600 a day from just donations streaming, and has like 1,000 subs. He's doing alright. His numbers will grow if the game continues to grow.

He definitely made the right decision for himself and for his former teammates. They are way better without him.

Yeah but viewer wise Tryk's viewership rocketed pass Chu8's real fast. I'm rooting for him that he succeeds but you can't help but wonder if he would have grown too.

-------

Just checked the nationalities of people in NA and EU of HGC. A surprising number of Canadians in there let alone that a big number of them are coming from Qc.

scoobs

Are you going in solo, and still using the build you linked earlier? You're experience is completely the opposite of mine!
Almost completely solo queueing, but I did play a handful of games with Milly last night (handing me my only loss!).

Ya same build as I linked before.

I'd say maybe I'm just getting super lucky with my teammates but I'm getting MVP and doing top everything pretty much every single game and almost NEVER dying. He's so fucking versatile!

Alur

Almost completely solo queueing, but I did play a handful of games with Milly last night (handing me my only loss!).

I'd say maybe I'm just getting super lucky with my teammates but I'm getting MVP and doing top everything pretty much every single game and almost NEVER dying. He's so fucking versatile!

Sounds like a combination of it clicking and a favorable run from the Blizz gods. Makes me jealous. It def happens, as does the exact opposite which hit me, Kio, and Milly the other day for 8 losses in a row (and 2-12 in 14 overall for me after a big winning streak on the previous patch with Artanis).

Our group hasn't had much luck with the new Tass. Maybe 50/50 overall or a little less which lines up with his actual QM winrate. Seemed like every other game we'd hit actual heals (Morales a lot) or double heals that made it go a bit pear shaped. Usually we outdid Tass mirrors in stats by a good margin but really felt like his damage was empty calories in a way I haven't seen since someone like OG Nazeebo was good or Sylv stacking damage with her W back in the day. I did better with his oracle build than W.

I kind of like the rework and hate it at the same time. At least the W quest is kind of fun.

brian!

In terms of rework id consider it tentatively succesful, he retains his playstyle and the bs from the previous iteration was targeted heavily. Remains to be seen if he's still too strong and if they baked in too many strong things.

Im checking valeera out more and i think she might have a place in the draft albeit as a late pick. Also tychus q doesnt lose tracking during smokescreen, i feel like that's oddly lore appropriate

scoobs

Having a Valeera on your team feels like you're playing the game in hard mode. Me thinks buffs are rapidly approaching

brian!

She shines a lot more w/ followup and team comps that make sense w/ her, i think probably her main issue is that her lacks need to be made up by other heroes and that ppl playing those heroes need to consciously strive to do that. It's kind of like having a nova on your team i guess, you can stomp if you play it right and the enemy team is weak to it. I think shell get buffed too but if i were them id wait until she's enabled in competitive

Maledict

My issue is that if the enemy has a proper healer it feels like my team ends up suffering because I just can't make up for that, and I'm not exactly playing with pros who know how to cope with a shield only healer. Secondly, his damage seems to take forever to ramp up - until I get the double psi-storm talent at 16 his damage isn't anything special at all. Obviously at 20 the permanent Archon makes a big difference, but that makes him a really late game hero and I feel like I would just be better off playing Nazeepo if I wanted that type of experience?

(If only for the better sound effects).

Maledict

Superstition actually wildly needs a nerf imo

Its interesting seeing him replace Gul'dan as the "anti-mage mage". I'm beginning to suspect Supersition is one of those abilities that you should be taking almost all the time unless you're fighting Raynor, Zul'Jin or auto attack Valla tbh.

Alur

That seems risky, doesn't it? What about common heroes like Artanis and Tychus, or even Illidan and Zag which are less common?

Maledict

Yeah, I don't think it's auto take but I think it's a lot stronger than people think. Unless there's a dedicated AA on their team (Raynor, Artanis, Illidan, Zul'Jin) whose going to be in your face its probably a safe pick.

Re Tychus, is his trait damage back to being spell damage or not? Just curious, because outside of his trait his AA damage doesn't even feel that strong.

Kioshen

They changed it back and forth for a while but I think it landed on being spell damage now iirc. Trying to search for a confirmation somewhere.

Xeteh

QM is so tense, the stakes are just so high that it has everyone on edge and they need to nitpick each others' build choices and gameplay the moment things go wrong. The pressure is too much.

No wait, its not. People just can't accept that they aren't as great as they think they are. Just spent a match where I took 2 forts as Azmodan and had my team constantly diving to where those were the only forts we took. As soon as things went south they were bitching at each other about what the other did/picked. Who caaaaaaaaares.

brian!

They changed it back and forth for a while but I think it landed on being spell damage now iirc. Trying to search for a confirmation somewhere.

I think regardless of the passive he's ill suited as a pick against nazeebo, his burst is magic and if you somehow are able to get into his range and train him down w/ autos you are doing what every naz loves, standing still

Ppl are pointing out tychus's low wr in hgc but he's an essential part of the meta, he's just either picked when ur on the backfoot (as a response to tanks) or stolen because you plan on drafting a bunch of tanks (which he doesnt work the best with), plus a lot of ppl are either not picking good dmg to go with him or taking in the rhythm still

Alur

Wasn't really talking about picking him against Nazeebo, just Nazeebo running into him. Don't really think anyone is picking either as a counter to either in pub play, just noting it's AA damage (even if it's just his base attack) that is going to get a 30% damage boost like the other heroes I mentioned.

EDIT: Also, Dadnaros is still OP af in Quick Match. Though it does make me cry alligator tears every time I see one pick Lava Wave over Sulfuras Smash on my team.

brian!

Oh right, didnt mean to put words in your mouth just sayin naz is good against tychoos cuz he's low range and mainly magic dmg

Zuljin is actually 50/50 against naz id say, if zul's e is on cd the dot will get you every time, but zul is also quite good against him too

Xeteh

Man, I've had decent luck in QM lately but today I'm getting all the whiny ones. We fell behind 2 levels and two people spent the rest of the match bitching that there needs to be a forfeit option. I've never played a game like HotS where a team can have a lead and make one mistake and lose the game but fuck it lets quit 8 minutes in.

scoobs

Played a little Q build Greymane tonight, feelsgoodman! I actually think its back to being his best build, which is weird.

Xeteh

Played a little Q build Greymane tonight, feelsgoodman! I actually think its back to being his best build, which is weird.

Greymane is one I like playing but I've only played him a handful of times, I don't quite have a feel for him. I kind of want to get Artanis but I don't 10k gold want to get him.

Edit: Bleh, 4 assassins + Sylvanas vs 3 Assassins + Sylvanas and Medivh. Having Medivh on a team when yours has no form of support is brutal.

scoobs

Greymane is one I like playing but I've only played him a handful of times, I don't quite have a feel for him. I kind of want to get Artanis but I don't 10k gold want to get him.

Edit: Bleh, 4 assassins + Sylvanas vs 3 Assassins + Sylvanas and Medivh. Having Medivh on a team when yours has no form of support is brutal.

Greymane is fun, just don't go diving into Worgen form all willy nilly because you'll feed a lot that way. Play him as a ranged assassin and dive in only to secure kills. I love his playstyle

You could always just buy Legacy of the Void the next time it goes on sale for cheap :p

Speaking of which I still need to beat the final mission ><

Xeteh

WYKqi4Q.jpg

lol no one would attack the bloody immortal on my team for the first several fights.

You could always just buy Legacy of the Void the next time it goes on sale for cheap :p

Speaking of which I still need to beat the final mission ><

Honestly, I want to. Been really feeling like playing through the SC2 campaign again and I never bought Heart of the Swarm or LotV.

Celegus

Haha I kinda forgot about LotV... I think I'm most of the way through it, but just keep playing HotS! Artanis is one of my favorite dudes right now, highly recommended!

brian!

i just played my first medivh game against real ppl and I can kinda see that, I'm surprised his wr is so low in this mode
he's so fun to play too, prob top 3 hero in terms of fun atm for me

Yeah but viewer wise Tryk's viewership rocketed pass Chu8's real fast. I'm rooting for him that he succeeds but you can't help but wonder if he would have grown too.

Can you count hosts as viewership skyrocketing?. He gets those massive numbers after the official hosts. He tops out around 800 at the most any other day (and usually hovers around 500). They are both streaming right now and chu has 2.9k viewers and Trik is at 750, which is the normal ratio between the two over the last year.

scoobs

750 is actually quite a bit more than Trik usually averages. I can't stand his streams, he sings the entire time and it triggers me.

scoobs

Ya definitely it has grown quite a bit. It's pretty regularly jumping up into the top 10 on twitch which we definitely couldn't say even 3 months ago

Alur

750 is actually quite a bit more than Trik usually averages. I can't stand his streams, he sings the entire time and it triggers me.

What? I've watched him forever and rarely hear him sing. Certainly not constantly throughout the stream. Now the laugh and relentless positivity and so forth, I could see why that might rub certain people the wrong way. It's part of the charm for me, though.

scoobs

What? I've watched him forever and rarely hear him sing. Certainly not constantly throughout the stream. Now the laugh and relentless positivity and so forth, I could see why that might rub certain people the wrong way. It's part of the charm for me, though.

You don't hear him randomly singing "badabababa" every 30 seconds? I might have just ruined his stream for you, because you're going to notice it now. Its relentless, i think its a nervous tick or something, but anytime he goes 10-15 seconds without talking he'll just start "ba-da-ba"ing to fill in the silence, and after awhile I started noticing it and now I can't stand it. Nails on a chalkboard kind of thing for me, idk.

Huh, just had a weird bug while playing Malf with Life Seed where it wasn't working. Had team mates at half health who were isolated away from everyone else and I ran up to them and it just wouldn't go off, I checked and it was clearly off c/d and it just wasn't working. It would go off on later times though still with other characters. It can't be a lag issue cause I wasn't having issues and would walk around a team mate for quite a while and it still wouldn't go off.

You can't toggle it on/off so I wonder what the deal was. I'm thinking it might have had something do with the Dehaka ult isolation, cause every time he used it on someone Life Seed would work wonky on them afterwards.

scoobs

Huh, just had a weird bug while playing Malf with Life Seed where it wasn't working. Had team mates at half health who were isolated away from everyone else and I ran up to them and it just wouldn't go off, I checked and it was clearly off c/d and it just wasn't working. It would go off on later times though still with other characters. It can't be a lag issue cause I wasn't having issues and would walk around a team mate for quite a while and it still wouldn't go off.

You can't toggle it on/off so I wonder what the deal was. I'm thinking it might have had something do with the Dehaka ult isolation, cause every time he used it on someone Life Seed would work wonky on them afterwards.

Your problem is actually that you're taking lifeseed. Iceblock or shrink ray are superior choices always.

My quickmatch MMR graph is kind of funny to look at. Seems pretty normal, until December/January when Rag + the Tassadar rework come out and just skyrockets lol

Alavard

Hrm, this week's brawl wasn't bad, but not enough warriors. Didn't see a single one in my 3 matches. It did confirm that I'm starting to get the hang of Kerrigan, however.

QM is always about the same for me. One game people tell me I suck, the next game someone tells me I'm "fkn awesum Li Ming". I'm dumpster tier MMR but at my rank the game feels much less snowbally than it did when I quit for months last year so that's about all I can hope for.

Ronabo

Hrm, this week's brawl wasn't bad, but not enough warriors. Didn't see a single one in my 3 matches. It did confirm that I'm starting to get the hang of Kerrigan, however.

This weeks brawl wasn't a fucking brawl, it was play three matches on this shitty map with this shitty pool of Heroes.

Kioshen

Can you count hosts as viewership skyrocketing?. He gets those massive numbers after the official hosts. He tops out around 800 at the most any other day (and usually hovers around 500). They are both streaming right now and chu has 2.9k viewers and Trik is at 750, which is the normal ratio between the two over the last year.

By the wording of scoobs I thought it was at a constant 3k not a leftover boost from HGC. I should have done my research before making that statement then.

Top Bottom