• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Alur

New bird shit mechanic added in to dive bomb towers? No?

I dunno if I'm gonna finish this Lunar quest. I'm like 8/25 and play like 2 days a week, and I did some on my alt. I thought I was gonna do a bunch last night but someone didn't log in after talking it up for two days. :D

brian!

Yeah im probably not gonna make it either. Also surprisingly in both qm and ai my team is really on point w/ completing the chicken thing

Milly79

I dunno if I'm gonna finish this Lunar quest. I'm like 8/25 and play like 2 days a week, and I did some on my alt. I thought I was gonna do a bunch last night but someone didn't log in after talking it up for two days. :D

Don't hate the player

Alur

Yeah im probably not gonna make it either. Also surprisingly in both qm and ai my team is really on point w/ completing the chicken thing

They made it way, way easier. It went from being a challenge/too hard to being a joke. Not even really sure why there's a thing TBH, just play 25 games and get reward is basically all it is once again.

Xeteh

They made it way, way easier. It went from being a challenge/too hard to being a joke. Not even really sure why there's a thing TBH, just play 25 games and get reward is basically all it is once again.

It is actually possible to fail. If two people turn in a thing at the exact same time it takes both and if you're asked to turn in another of that item it'll just time out because you no longer have one to turn in.

Alur

It seems to be capable of being completed solo now. I'm pretty sure Milly did it by himself once or twice the other night when we weren't paying attention.

Xeteh

Yeah, its pretty easy to solo and on top of the fact that as long as one person in the game has the daily then the event will spawn 100% of the time.

I went from like 8/25 after playing a ton over 3 days to finishing the quest without realizing how many I had done.

Kioshen

You can do quick runs in beginner ai if anything. I completed it yesterday without even realizing it because over the weekend nearly every match I did started with the event.

Xeteh

My friend wants to buy Valeera for gold but wants to wait until she's 10k. I thought the price dropped after a week but she's still 15k, I guess I was wrong.

Kioshen

My friend wants to buy Valeera for gold but wants to wait until she's 10k. I thought the price dropped after a week but she's still 15k, I guess I was wrong.

The newest hero costs 15,000g for the first two weeks before being lowered to 10,000g.

Alur

I'd tell your friend to wait til the next hero is released before buying her. She's great to play but everything in QM is a counter right now. Tons of Tassadar due to the rework, etc. By the time a new hero comes that should die down a good bit and it'll be more fun to play her.

Xeteh

I'd tell your friend to wait til the next hero is released before buying her. She's great to play but everything in QM is a counter right now. Tons of Tassadar due to the rework, etc. By the time a new hero comes that should die down a good bit and it'll be more fun to play her.

I've already got her and I have a ton of fun. Tassadar is a pain but I'd rather fight against him than against Medivh.

Alur

If you're winning more than 50% reliably with her then kudos to you. Milly and I both had a ton of fun playing her, but being constantly revealed kind of saps a good deal of the enjoyment after a while.

EDIT: There were so many counters towards the end of the week/the weekend that I started 4-0 and ended up 6-6 and Milly was like 7-1 and he is probably sub 50% now due to all the losses we had in that one stretch. Was just too hard to be effective when at least 1-2 heroes on the opposition team are there as counters due to the reworks or whatever.

Milly79

Yeah she's worse off than the other stealths since her's is an 8 second activation. The others only have 3 seconds of no combat. Nova is ranged and Zera has a reliable escape. She needs buffing but I really dunno how they're gonna go about it.

I wouldn't recommend anyone getting her unless they enjoy putting their dicks through a meat grinder. Wait until she's buffed or the whole reveal meta dies down.

Kioshen

You know what I like when I play with you guys, you know when to end. Team didn't want to commit to finish a game in dragon Shire when mid keep is down, 2 enemy dead for 40 seconds at level 22 with a level advantage. They had Sylvanas,azmo and alarak left. We were me as zuljin,Samuro,murky,zarya and Varian. We still won but it dragged on for far too long considering their pushing power.

Maledict

wait a seconds GFE lost against team freedom??? What happened...

It was bizarre. I'd say they were overconfident, but even their final draft in the fifth game was dumb. The put Mike Udall on Medivh, and he just isn't good with him. Plays him in a very defensive, passive way like a support more than anything, and that meant they just couldn't win fights later on. Night and day watching him on Medivh compared to Glaurong or ADRD.

It does mean the rankings are a bit in the air now though. Who gets into the top 4 is going to be fascinating - I still think tempo and gfe, but that third slot is up for grabs and HDR might theoretically not make it now as well.

Alur

You know what I like when I play with you guys, you know when to end.

Yessir. We've learned our lesson over the years. Gotta take the chance when you get it because all it takes is one bad teamfight for the opponent to do the same thing the opposite way.

It was bizarre. I'd say they were overconfident, but even their final draft in the fifth game was dumb. The put Mike Udall on Medivh, and he just isn't good with him. Plays him in a very defensive, passive way like a support more than anything, and that meant they just couldn't win fights later on. Night and day watching him on Medivh compared to Glaurong or ADRD.

It does mean the rankings are a bit in the air now though. Who gets into the top 4 is going to be fascinating - I still think tempo and gfe, but that third slot is up for grabs and HDR might theoretically not make it now as well.

Might have to watch that series. Should have never gone to a game 5 to begin with. What's HDR?
Team 8 should be picking up losses soon enough they are through most of the mid and lower tier teams.
GFE will hopefully win against Tempo at least and Naventic are already through the toughest opponents. Do we know tiebreakers?

Haven't seen Udall play much of Medivh mostly occasionally and usually only when a bit uncompetitive, doesn't seem like a comfort pick. While adrd has been enamored and Glau recently spamming Medivh games 24/7.

I think Srey would do for a role change. He likes shotcalling but he's never been particularly impressive with Tanks barring the one time he played Anubarak at a regional. He should do much better as an off tank flex role.

Xeteh

Man, 2 healers vs a Tassadar happens way too often in QM and I'm not even the Tassadar. I'd rather get a long queue than suffer that over and over and.

God, having to do my brawls when the matches are actual full games is the absolute worst.

If I didn't want the 1k I'd just avoid :/

Yeah, this week's brawl was garbage.

I'm really starting to dig Zarya in HL, but I think she needs to be a late pick to get the most use out of her.

If you pick her early the opposing team can go heavy cc which really screws her over but if you do a late pick with say an Artanis or ETC maybe as an early pick, she will really excel.

tldr: I hate doing an early pick which is why I just pick Malf if I'm 1st pick these days.

We've seen it in competitive for some time. Auriel and Valla would be picked and then either Zarya or Tassadar picked depending on who was banned in rare cases where both were banned it'd end up being Medivh to enable Valla. Since then Auriel has died down a bit and it's mostly Valla Tassadar being picked at once.
Pecking order would be a more apt description. They share a similar spot in being enablers.

BSTEP were just throwing shit at the wall, looking what would stick against Tempo.

brian!

Zarya and medivh have enabling aspects but i wouldnt consider them as being picked as tass alternatives. I dunno the mind of the teams tho. But i only ever see zarya on maps that give q and ult value. I think zarya's shield lasts 2 seconds. Auriel still sees a ban whenever tass/valla is threatened you can kinda count on it like clockwork, valla/tass is just the correct pick pretty much always if both made it through bans and first pick. Valla/zarya def doesnt see anywhere near the same prioritization

Im talking strictly na btw, havent checked out most of the eu games

Pretty sure it works like that. While each of them have their own aspects they shine on. When you're looking for an enabler it's Tassadar > Zarya > Medivh generally.
Game 3 of Tempo vs BSTEP Tempo banned Tassadar then Zarya and BSTEP ended up the picking Medivh for instance.
I've been unable to follow HGC completely but this has been the case during qualifiers.

Auriel has been less a focus with Valla recently. Tassadar Valla is strong enough already. During the qualifiers it used to be Valla Auriel being picked and then whatever shielder made it through bans.

Zarya's Q has value on any map with channelled objectives that's most of them to the point it's easier to point out maps she's not good on. In competitive even more where Garden and Mines are out of rotation.

brian!

Yah what im trying to say is that zarya/medivh arent there primarily to be enablers, and that both these fellas are being picked up to contribute other things, w/ their shield stuff as bonus

Consider the zarya trip warrior comps and the comps medivh gets picked against/with, those are more the pace of those characters, not pseudo-tass roles which both arent great at

For auriel, i dunno why teams were picking her before other supports previously (esp. w/lack of cleanse), but they were fukking up, tass has been this strong since he got reworked and i cant recall what the meta was like that he wasnt prioritized. The rule for her has always been 1. With guldan/valla 2. Pick a second support on maps that arent two lanes

Tassadar is the strongest no doubt but both are suitable substituted in case of a ban.
Saying they are freely interchangeable was incorrect but there absolutely is that kind of pecking order when you're looking for a shielder in a comp.

Auriel prioritisation was just flavour of the month. Eventually that goes away once people found out Valla Tassadar was the essential part of that.

I'd like to see Naventic pick up iakona in place of Kenma. He's always been better than where his team was historically positioned.

brian!

The whole team has been playing poorly but bkid stands out to me as confused, i often see him tunnel enemies (based off of a call i assume) when he should switch targetting, it's always gonna be difficult playing an initiator on that team since the call should always be the thing followed but the reaction needs to be decisive.

brian!

W/ the armor talent new tass can enable the same type of aggression, it's still a 5 sec uptime + 3 sec armor, person being shielded just needs to let it run for 2-3 secs to ensure coverage from tass cd, the window is tighter but the effect is still pretty similar. The lower number on shield isnt necesarily offset by the armor but since he's often taken w/ a healer the dmg taken during the armor state is a bit negligible. Like enemy teams are still afforded a decently low period of time to kill someone who has been shielded

Varian is actually pretty great at dealing w/ tass

The way id differentiate tass from zarya/medivh is that tass enables free aggression and that zarya/medivh are more of a "save you from a bad situation and do the reengage", which tass also does via the lifesteal to a degree (it contributes a lot more on characters that have their own sustain like illidan or on ppl who should be positioned well like valla), he just contributes less in terms of dmg.

Besides the crazy numbers on shields, what made tass ridiculous was his inability to die, like the other team just had to deal with the shield economy and couldn't really attack tass, that should be different now tho i kinda feel like archon does contribute to a dbl lifebar tass feel still

I def feel like zarya and medivh are picks to consider when trying to protect priority targets but they dont enable like tass

Xeteh

I bought Thrall last night, he's fun but holy shit does Valeera absolutely annihilate me. 3 games in a row a Valeera just has focused on me in every fight and I cannot do a thing. This is so frustrating.

Maledict

I bought Thrall last night, he's fun but holy shit does Valeera absolutely annihilate me. 3 games in a row a Valeera just has focused on me in every fight and I cannot do a thing. This is so frustrating.
Tale spell shied at 13 and I don't see how she's killing you. She'll do decent damage on the stun / silence but shouldn't be able to one shot you, and after that you will heal yourself back up with your abilities and the root should guarantee the kill.

Top Bottom