• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

I have zero faith in GFE to perform internationally.

Roll 20 (my current fav) doesnt seem too amazing since they got back.

TF was always up and coming in NA and Kure seems to have really cemented that.

NT is a surprise, and I have no idea if twitch chat is right about them
Erho was the problem Kappa

Tempo struggling seems strange to me, but i think they are a good enough of a team that with NA getting better they are gonna have to strengthen the stuff they are bad at

Not my FINEST masterpiece because genji ganked me twice in the early game, but close enough. COMPLETELY BALANCED FOLKS

Heroes_of_the_Storm_07.09.2017_-_22.31.35.01.png

scoobs

What is it that people think he needs toned down? His trait is what makes him OP, what's a reasonable nerf?

Just lower his base hp until he's more susceptible to burst damage as a hard counter?

scoobs

Move to 2% per tick instead of 2.5 and see what happens?
That's a massive damage nerf, seems unlikely. I think you target his absurd life steal, increase CD on Q by .5 or 1 sec, reduce overall hp by a smidge too

Played some Dva today to try out the nerfs and BOY does she feel terrible. That mech has no HP

brian!

He's fine the way he is tbh, maybe reduce q dmg, he already dies to burst and there are a million ways to null his ult or prevent him from marking you

It's so hard to balance him because the slightest of tweaks can destroy him, you can tell.

Maybe it's on enemy teams to build blow up comps like the days of old. But Blizz can start with longer Q. You can still talent faster Q at 16, so it will compete with momento mori and make it more of a choice/tradeoff.

He's one of my fav chars to play so I don't mind him being OP. But he isn't fine right now. Dude is still overtuned

scoobs

No idea how they make his ults competitive. Seems impossible. Tormented Souls ult is required for him to work as a hero.

Ketch

I think thy should nerf the healing he gets back.

it takes too much coordination for lower skill teams to burst him down if he gets a good engage. like everybody tries to run, or like half the people try to run and half the people try to fight him and it's just a mess and that mess is where he thrives.

he gets bodied in HGC because if he's ever lucky enough to get a good engage they all turn on him and he just dies.... or conversely they just dont give him the dream to begin with.

I think if they made it so the healing caps per Q or heals a percentage of his HP if it hits any hero and that's it, then it's much easier to predict how much he's gonna heal and people will naturally be better at deciding to either fight him or run away.

Ketch

yeah he's really easy to overbuff but i actually think he's perfect the way he is and if his wr doesnt dip a q dmg nerf would be fair

katch did u see this style in our game: https://clips.twitch.tv/CredulousShyAardvarkWow
i completely wasted hunt tho

Looks almost like illidan still has invul frames

Fun to watch that match from a different perspective

in my mind I thought we had fallen behind at some point, they got rocked by the QM matching pretty hard I feel

All the mule value tho

People keep talking about raynor rework. Do devs ever talk about upcoming stuff before it hits PTR? Like is raynor actually getting a rework eventually?

I kinda like the guy but usually in QM only.

We need soldier 76!

People keep talking about raynor rework. Do devs ever talk about upcoming stuff before it hits PTR? Like is raynor actually getting a rework eventually?

I kinda like the guy but usually in QM only.

We need soldier 76!

I think it's more that everyone understand he's a terrible character until the late game. He just has nothing to offer the team outside of autoattack in the early to mid game.

Soldier 76 would be so lame. -_- Overwatch has way more interesting characters that could offer something unique, like Sombra, Mei, and Winston.

I think it's more that everyone understand he's a terrible character until the late game. He just has nothing to offer the team outside of autoattack in the early to mid game.

Soldier 76 would be so lame. -_- Overwatch has way more interesting characters that could offer something unique, like Sombra, Mei, and Winston.

Eh, I don't know about him being terrible til late game. I think he is pretty decent mid game as well and can poke at early game at 4 with the talent. His issue is not really his balance or power spikes, but the fact that a lot of your talents are just generic talents. LVL 1 damage talent that multiple assassins get but few seem to take because they got better stuff. Lvl 4 is that spike damage every 10 seconds reduced by AA. They're actually pretty good for raynor considering his extra range, but it would be more interesting if they were unique to him. Like how malf has teleport combined with his silence ult and thrall has teleport combined with his windfury.

Also for team contribution, he has good consistent range damage and his ability to increase attack speed can be a big factor. I get that feel about him being weak til he gets his stun, though I don't think he is.

Eh, I don't know about him being terrible til late game. I think he is pretty decent mid game as well and can poke at early game at 4 with the talent. His issue is not really his balance or power spikes, but the fact that a lot of your talents are just generic talents. LVL 1 damage talent that multiple assassins get but few seem to take because they got better stuff. Lvl 4 is that spike damage every 10 seconds reduced by AA. They're actually pretty good for raynor considering his extra range, but it would be more interesting if they were unique to him. Like how malf has teleport combined with his silence ult and thrall has teleport combined with his windfury.

Also for team contribution, he has good consistent range damage and his ability to increase attack speed can be a big factor. I get that feel about him being weak til he gets his stun, though I don't think he is.
I think it's just that he has no burst potential, and his DPS isn't anything special. He can't really engage in ganks - he doesn't have a slow, a stun, or a disable. He just attacks and runs around. At higher levels he does solid damage and is very safe, but at low levels I actually feel guilty for picking him during team fights.

Hacking wells would be fun.
Or towers. ;-)

Maybe hacked minions could turn to your side, too. Hack could also act as a Bribe skill.

I think she'd be easily one of the most interesting inclusions from Overwatch.

Ketch

Hack is a cool ability, but everything else about her kit is like already done elsewhere.

Recall/teleport and aoe silence

And no thanks to yet another stealth hero

She'd actually be broken as fuck in heroes.

Stealth/blink + emerald dream is lvl 20 material.

Prelude.

Thinking about it, Sylvanas is overlapping Sombra a bit too much already. Hacking is black arrows, EMP is wailing arrow, translocator is haunting wave. It's like Mercy/Morales.

Hack is a cool ability, but everything else about her kit is like already done elsewhere.

Recall/teleport and aoe silence

And no thanks to yet another stealth hero

She'd actually be broken as fuck in heroes.

Stealth/blink + emerald dream is lvl 20 material.

Maybe her Ult just disable Heroic Abilities?

Hacking would disable towers longer than Sylvanas and its one per hack with lower CDs on Heroes

Her TP is still unique since Sombra can throw it where she wants

Invisibility should be her E making her Run , no mounts for her

Her second Heroic could Overclocking making nearby heroes resets or lower their CDs

And her trait can be the ability to reload like tracer or recycle her teleporter to lower the CD

Sombra would be able to initiate by stealing into a steam and EMPing. She would stealth and initiate ganks with silence. She might have similarities to Sylvannas, but she wouldn't play like her in practice.

Of course, I am biased and would rather see Mephisto and other demons anyway. =)

Maybe her Ult just disable Heroic Abilities?

Hacking would disable towers longer than Sylvanas and its one per hack with lower CDs on Heroes

Her TP is still unique since Sombra can throw it where she wants

Invisibility should be her E making her Run , no mounts for her

Her second Heroic could Overcocking making nearby heroes resets or lower their CDs

And her trait can be the ability to reload like tracer or recycle her teleporter to lower the CD
Overcocking, eh?

Another stealth unit sounds way more boring than soldier 76 :p

I'd rather see hanzo, zenyatta, pharah, reaper, bastion all before another stealth

--

Just had one of those weird QM games where you actually get a balanced composition... and then my team refused to play together. We still had a very close game but would have been a blow out if they stuck together. I was playing abathur, so I saw all the stupid solo deaths and by the end they had like 10 deaths each.

Mupod

As far as voice lines go, which character is your favourite in this regard? Azmodunk and The Lost Vikings in particular slay me.

everything Azmodunk says is gold. I'm always amazed at the sheer amount of stupid quotes that skin has. Azmodan is probably the lamest character Blizzard ever created (at least I don't think Med'an counts) but Azmodunk redeems him singlehandedly.

For interactions, I really like D.Va's reaction to Starcraft characters. And announcers who comment on themselves in the match.

Kioshen

everything Azmodunk says is gold. I'm always amazed at the sheer amount of stupid quotes that skin has. Azmodan is probably the lamest character Blizzard ever created (at least I don't think Med'an counts) but Azmodunk redeems him singlehandedly.

For interactions, I really like D.Va's reaction to Starcraft characters. And announcers who comment on themselves in the match.

They seem to have retconned him out of existence which is a good thing. I think they realized how much of an escalation monster they created.

We have EMP in game already. It's called Twilight Dream.
We have plenty of similar ults in the game - there are only so many ideas.

The only overwatch hero they should add next is Reinhardt
He would be cool thematically, but how useful would his shield be if it can't stop AoE or melee damage? They would have to be creative in how that all works together, like any area the shield covers suffers half AoE.

Ketch

We have plenty of similar ults in the game - there are only so many ideas.

He would be cool thematically, but how useful would his shield be if it can't stop AoE or melee damage? They would have to be creative in how that all works together, like any area the shield covers suffers half AoE.

It would be good if it stopped ranged AAs and skill shots. like eating a li Ming combo, greymane flask, hook, muradin Q is all super good.

Only problem is having yet another counter to ranged AA heroes.

Just had one of those weird QM games where you actually get a balanced composition... and then my team refused to play together. We still had a very close game but would have been a blow out if they stuck together. I was playing abathur, so I saw all the stupid solo deaths and by the end they had like 10 deaths each.

I had a similar game. We had 2 tanks, 2 assassin, and an Auriel. As you can imagine, things went poorly. Auriel never used their trait! But it is quick match, just a way to pump up some hero levels I suppose.

I have to remember not to play during certain times too. The kids out of school for summer all say some pretty mean shit when you tell them to stop diving into towers

Top Bottom