• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

brian!

Listening to THH cleanse conversation. And they don't mention one option: And that's to remove cleanse from supports, and put the unstoppable mechanics in the assassins talent tree.

Like a lvl 16 talent for valla could be something like: become unstoppable for 1 sec, but multi shot does 15% less damage.

Like alarak has some neat double edge talents along these lines that they could use as inspiration

All cleanse options would be mandatory then tho
This means u end up with multiple assassins on each team who nullify cc + auriel in every game (tho i guess that's kind of happening already)

Jinaar

Think I am thru with giving Solo Ranked Mode a chance.

All it is are the same characters all being picked, getting vitriol spit at you even if all is well and then leaving a game usually upset.

Nothing remotely enjoyable about it. At least in QM, win or loss, pretty much everyone is chill and people just take characters they want to play and not what the meta is forcing people into.

I hope others are having fun with it, but boy, once things go south in a Solo Ranked Game, be prepared to be told things.

All it is are the same characters all being picked, getting vitriol spit at you even if all is well and then leaving a game usually upset.

Nothing remotely enjoyable about it. At least in QM, win or loss, pretty much everyone is chill and people just take characters they want to play and not what the meta is forcing people into.

I hope others are having fun with it, but boy, once things go south in a Solo Ranked Game, be prepared to be told things.

Just play unranked draft imo. Usually better experience than QM. I only use QM sparingly and mostly for learning heroes I haven't played before.

Ketch

All cleanse options would be mandatory then tho
This means u end up with multiple assassins on each team who nullify cc + auriel in every game (tho i guess that's kind of happening already)

Then they would need to adjust the downside. If an assassin has to give up an important power spike for unstoppable then I don't think it becomes the default pick unless you need it. Unlike on a support where it is always the default because the support gives up nothing.

Like why don't carries get QSS or BKB in every match in other league/dota?

Basoes

Got this from normal box
22ou6KV.png

Was Crimson Hare and Cyb'arak skin >.>

Eyeh4wk

I've seen people get tilted, disconnect even on Brawls. IMO the only way to avoid being shit on is playing with irl friends on Team League.

brian!

Then they would need to adjust the downside. If an assassin has to give up an important power spike for unstoppable then I don't think it becomes the default pick unless you need it. Unlike on a support where it is always the default because the support gives up nothing.

Like why don't carries get QSS or BKB in every match in other league/dota?

I dunno about dota but i did think bkb was mandatory on a lot of ppl. I havent checked it out after they went ham on changes a bit back. But in league when i was playing it's an economics thing, it was built from a 740g mr item and a 1650g ad item. Adc didnt become relevant until farming an ad/crit or ad/lifesteal item and then an atspd item; all ads were racing for this power spike and defensive items would come after. Because of how awkward qss was (expensive parts, no health just mr) and because poor ass supports could usually pick up an item that both cleansed and healed the target qss was rarely picked up just due to efficiency, theyd get a defensive item that built better and had better stats. But against things it could directly counter like zed (who was all ad dmg) itd get picked up sometimes, like basically against comps that revolved around all-inning a target.

Heroes could do it if they changed the game but theyd have to change it pretty radically, like without changes characters like muradin or malf would be d tier now, raw dmg and healing would be privileged, etc. This is cuz of the low amount of nuance in heroes compared to league/dota where macro play can win u a game very hard, you are constantly grouped and fighting in hots. You'd have very low incentive not to fill your team with the heroes that can do damage and can protect themselves

Oh but for context i dont think it's an issue at all for supports to 100% cleanse, i think that's fine
but i also played league where flash is mandatory on everything so mebbe it's stockholm syndrome?

brian!

bkb is also cool because all of it's stats are usable (health, auto dmg) and it serves as an enabling item for a lot of characters, like imagine malthael ult with bkb, that's dota

Ketch

I dunno about dota but i did think bkb was mandatory on a lot of ppl. I havent checked it out after they went ham on changes a bit back. But in league when i was playing it's an economics thing, it was built from a 740g mr item and a 1650g ad item. Adc didnt become relevant until farming an ad/crit or ad/lifesteal item and then an atspd item; all ads were racing for this power spike and defensive items would come after. Because of how awkward qss was (expensive parts, no health just mr) and because poor ass supports could usually pick up an item that both cleansed and healed the target qss was rarely picked up just due to efficiency, theyd get a defensive item that built better and had better stats. But against things it could directly counter like zed (who was all ad dmg) itd get picked up sometimes, like basically against comps that revolved around all-inning a target.

Heroes could do it if they changed the game but theyd have to change it pretty radically, like without changes characters like muradin or malf would be d tier now, raw dmg and healing would be privileged, etc. This is cuz of the low amount of nuance in heroes compared to league/dota where macro play can win u a game very hard, you are constantly grouped and fighting in hots. You'd have very low incentive not to fill your team with the heroes that can do damage and can protect themselves

Oh but for context i dont think it's an issue at all for supports to 100% cleanse, i think that's fine
but i also played league where flash is mandatory on everything so mebbe it's stockholm syndrome?

In dota bkb is pretty shit for stats/cost ratio unless you're a strength hero... and even then it's not great. That being said it starts out as 10 seconds of total magic immunity, not just CCs. So it's bonkers anyway. But a lot of times carries can get away without it still. and, because of how bad the stats are, buying bkb when you don't need actually need it is a mistake that still occasionally happens at high levels of play. Like often if you're behind, spending gold on bkb doesn't help you catch up and just further sinks you.

I think one of the problems with cleanse is that there's no downside to picking it unless you just never use it in a match and other lvl 7 talent would better.

Well if you're trying to save people then it's hard to have a better lvl 7 then cleanse.

But if you're trying to kill things it's hard to have a worse talent then one that does nothing.

Like imagine a lvl 7 talent on grey mane that said:

active- remove stun and become unstoppable for 1 second + Passive- cocktails do 15% less damage.

That would be a mandatory talent? I don't think you'd ever pick that talent, unless you had to.

brian!

Youd pick it if a support was gonna pick cleanse, if a cc can kill you. Thatd mean if muradin was picked all of a sudden valla or greymane or zuljin would become counterpicks because he cant q them anymore. Like ppl pick gloom on valla pretty much everytime right, they sacrifice all those hatred stacks so they can eat spell dmg. All dmg dealers want is the ability to be putting dmg on ppl and be alive as a priority target

Ketch

Youd pick it if a support was gonna pick cleanse, if a cc can kill you. Thatd mean if muradin was picked all of a sudden valla or greymane or zuljin would become counterpicks because he cant q them anymore. Like ppl pick gloom on valla pretty much everytime right, they sacrifice all those hatred stacks so they can eat spell dmg. All dmg dealers want is the ability to be putting dmg on ppl and be alive as a priority target

That's not a fair comparison because all of vallas 13s are survivability, there's no down side to picking gloom, it's the best talent on that tier.

In the greymane example, not only are you giving up cocktail quest, but you're also losing damage on top of that. So -15% damage on cocktail, and how much damage do you think he loses by not getting q quest? Like 25%? That's a massive trade off in damage.

And the idea is that there's similar talents competing with key power spikes on every assassin, or at least most of them.

So then if that's the case I don't think it's fair to say that would totally counter muradin because muradin isn't already totally countered by cleanse now. Like it's totally worth having a muradin stun dodged every 45seconds or whatever cleanses cooldown is if the assassin has to trade their powerspike for a power downgrade.

like currently muradin already can't Q an assassin, and it costs the assassin nothing, and it garauntees the support picks cleanse every time there's a muradin. And it makes every support without cleanse worse. And it makes double support better (arguably) then double assassin. I think it's much more interesting if it's a huge trade off for the assassins.

Jinaar

So I have been playing Valeera all weekend. And I'll be honest, I was literally crap for the most part. Only in the last few games have I come to understand her and how to play her. I'm not great still but giving it my best. Just to say, someone called me out when I was below Morales in dmg. That was where I started.

The last few games I have been ripping it up and this last one gave me something.... unexpected. I think it was uncalled for since all I did was just play the game. It made me laugh though.

Also thanks for the tips to play Unranked. I shall give that a go!

Kioshen

I see that Pallytime is having my same Sonya experience lately.
I watched that video. I cringed a lot. I thought I was a bad Sonya but good lord doesn't he at least know slam does splash damage behind the original target. At least it was funny watching that genji flail around and die ... a lot.

As far as voice lines go, which character is your favourite in this regard? Azmodunk and The Lost Vikings in particular slay me.
Tyrande is savage. Illidan is all emo with her.
They've been a shadow of themselves ever since the first Western clash. Hopefully they bring it back because they were fun to watch.
True. They went into western clash undefeated but they've been stagnating for about a year now while Dig and Fnatic have been killing it. Can't believe how good Zaelia has gotten during HGC.
NvT LULLL
I hope their talent goes to better use than defending their spot in the crucible again. Seriously this team should do better by all accounts.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lack of Tyrande (or Malf really) in the Illidan stuff in Legion is bizarre. They show up early in the expansion but then fuck off and when Illidan is actually around again neither is there to at least say "hey...awkward"

And no, not wrong thread :3

Zackat

Lack of Tyrande (or Malf really) in the Illidan stuff in Legion is bizarre. They show up early in the expansion but then fuck off and when Illidan is actually around again neither is there to at least say "hey...awkward"

And no, not wrong thread :3
Yeah idk what happened to them at all right now. Maybe they are off plotting with Jaina 🤔🤔

Prelude.

I watched that video. I cringed a lot. I thought I was a bad Sonya but good lord doesn't he at least know slam does splash damage behind the original target. At least it was funny watching that genji flail around and die ... a lot.
My last Sonya game was on the same map and my Genji was an Anub that died 19 times.

As far as voice lines go, which character is your favourite in this regard? Azmodunk and The Lost Vikings in particular slay me.
I think it goes like this:

Tyrande: "Illidan. My biggest regret was freeing you from your prison."

Illidan: "And my biggest regret was ever loving you."

I always smile hearing that interaction.

scoobs

It is... kind of unbelievable that Team Freedom and No Tomorrow are good now? Like actually good? It would appear the HGC scene is actually working in growing the competitive community

Top Bottom