• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Xeteh

I'm not talking about 1v1, Thrall being garroted in as soon as you start team fighting and he'll just die instantly. There's no way to heal yourself and you just melt.

Alavard

I'm not talking about 1v1, Thrall being garroted in as soon as you start team fighting and he'll just die instantly. There's no way to heal yourself and you just melt.

I'm not saying this a surefire tactic, but If it were me, if I couldn't see Valeera and there's a timefight brewing I'd just assume she's about to gank me at any time, and position accordingly. As Thrall this means I'd fall back closer to my team's back line and just try to poke with chain lightning, until I could more safely go in. My thoughts anyway.

Xeteh

I'm not saying this a surefire tactic, but If it were me, if I couldn't see Valeera and there's a timefight brewing I'd just assume she's about to gank me at any time, and position accordingly. As Thrall this means I'd fall back closer to my team's back line and just try to poke with chain lightning, until I could more safely go in. My thoughts anyway.

Yeah, I try to but then there are times where you just get caught out trying to get a kill on someone that pushed forward a bit and things go badly.

Earthquake pulses reveal her, but ya, silence ruins thrall as he relies on casting abilities to sustain himself. Valeera can be a counter in this way, nothing wrong with that.

I'm not pissed or thinking its unfair. I play Valeera so I know how things are on that end. It was just a frustrating few games where each one the Valeera would attach herself to me and no one plays support in QM so there's rarely a healer. Hell, I didn't even mean for it to be that much of a discussion, was just venting after some bad games!

brian!

Yeah, I try to but then there are times where you just get caught out trying to get a kill on someone that pushed forward a bit and things go badly.

I'm not pissed or thinking its unfair. I play Valeera so I know how things are on that end. It was just a frustrating few games where each one the Valeera would attach herself to me and no one plays support in QM so there's rarely a healer. Hell, I didn't even mean for it to be that much of a discussion, was just venting after some bad games!

We just have nothing to talk about lol

brian!

Tbh i dont remember his casting but i remember liking him. Sea should have a decently sized playerbase but i remember them not being too great at intls

Kioshen

For the amount of noise that monte carlo or cristo caster dude from LoL made when he was hired last year we don't see him around now. So much for that. I also don't remember Babael's casting.

------------

Hammer Time! is back as the brawl this week but they made adjustments to it. You now start at level 10, 15s extra prep time to allow people time to choose talents and 20hp core instead of 40 among other QoL adjustments. Should be a better experience at the very least.

kirblar

For the amount of noise that monte carlo or cristo caster dude from LoL made when he was hired last year we don't see him around now. So much for that. I also don't remember Babael's casting.
Babael took a long hiatus due to a bunch of personal stuff coming up.

brian!

I think he exclusively does overwatch now so he still making that blizz green.

brian!

Shimmer's the same but it's easier to notice due to the movement speed. Also if you lower your graphics the shimmer is a lot easier to see. It's always best to play stealth heroes as if you aren't stealthed

Prelude.

Alright, I was wondering if they could see a bigger shimmer, but yeah, the increased movement speed is probably just as bad. Thanks.

Kioshen

It has been a while since I've watched MFPT. After a couple of hours behind me of playtime now ... it's painful to watch him go now.

Alur

Is he that bad? I've never watched anything of his, but have heard he is pretty low level skill wise for a content creator.

Kioshen

Go watch his latest nazeebro video. He's not bad just questionable decisions sometimes but then again he's constantly talking so thinking bandwidth is probably not optimal. At least there's funny moment sprinkled in so I should take his video as entertainment not top level play. Him playing with mewn is pretty funny because mewn is pretty easy to tilt. Considering he's GM and watching MFPT do plays I can understand where's coming from.

----------------

k1pro - "I'm still the best ranged player in North America." Thoughts ? I dunno about k1pro but kingcaff seem to have struggled a lot since the start of the HGC.

Prelude.

I recommend being mounted tho
Really? When engaging? I'm using Nova btw.

Is he that bad? I've never watched anything of his, but have heard he is pretty low level skill wise for a content creator.
He's kinda in elo hell, he had some pretty shitty games in his streams. I just checked on his hotslogs and it says he's in diamond even tough he's in plat 2? How do the tiers work on hotslogs?

Alur

He's kinda in elo hell, he had some pretty shitty games in his streams. I just checked on his hotslogs and it says he's in diamond even tough he's in plat 2? How do the tiers work on hotslogs?

Depends on how recent his placement was (ie: how many games this season) and what mode it is. Some of the hotdogs rankings are a bit more wonky than others.

Kioshen;229609839[URL="http://us.heroesofthestorm.com/esports/en/news/20529699" said:
k1pro - "I'm still the best ranged player in North America."[/URL] Thoughts ? I dunno about k1pro but kingcaff seem to have struggled a lot since the start of the HGC.
Hasn't been the case for close to a year. He was already falling from grace during the early parts of last year, where he was playing just Falstad and Jaina IIRC.

brian!

Really? When engaging? I'm using Nova btw.

In general i find the pros of being mounted outweight anything it contributes towards being spotted

cant really think of ranged players in na better than k1 and zuna...yeah drawing a blank

Alavard

EXP for playing heroes in brawls coming? We did it.

To be fair, with the new advancement system eventually coming (which will remove account xp), it had to change in one of two ways anyway. Either the XP had to go to the Hero you were playing or XP had to be removed from brawls entirely. But yes, I'm pretty happy about it too.

Side note, some reddit discussion on the next hero. No actual evidence, but there was some good discussion on Starcraft's Alexei Stukov as a potential support hero. There's apparently some sort of minigame in SC2 (which I don't remember despite having completed SC2 and its two expansions) in which Stukov's kit involves summoning zerg units and healing them.

Kioshen

EXP for playing heroes in brawls coming? We did it.

That's a nice change even though no eta on it. They've been listening and adjusting stuff around brawl rapidly which I appreciate. I'm actually surprised they have been able to keep the cadence they've given themselves in regards to hero releases and balancing.

You have to actually log into the game and play for that to happen.

supa-hot-fire.gif

When you still need to buy the monkey king lunar pack bundle but are also not getting shit from your normal OW loot boxes for the lunar skins :/

ljadndexclqdpyfvwfvs.gif

brian!

lots of good na matchups this weekend
nt and bstep fight for last place, w/ both teams performing worse than they should be it'll really be the nail in the coffin for whoever loses this series in terms of mental dmg

superstars vs. gfe should be competitive, both teams seem like they are on the downswing

nvt vs. freedom, both freedom and nvt are just starting to show up, freedom seems like they are riding a wave but nvt still seemed to be walled off w/ team and communication issues

team 8 vs. tempo & gfe, from what ive seen team 8 haven't really stood out in terms of playing the game or map at a high level, but have been really really good at outplaying little situations, drawing the other team into their pace, and punishing mistakes hard. gfe and tempo both have a decent amount of footage now so it really is on them to not lose these series

bstep vs. freedom, this is a cool matchup because the other series they are playing this weekend will set the tone

Kioshen

On the EU side, it's mostly the same situation. Team expert is having the same gauntlet of top tier teams to go through like Team 8. It will be interesting to watch all around. Now I understand why LCS is so popular considering what is happening in HGC. Kudos to Blizzard for hitting it out of the park from the get go.

Was surprised Glau never picked up Alarak in competitive. He's no longer a melee flex player.
To be fair, with the new advancement system eventually coming (which will remove account xp), it had to change in one of two ways anyway. Either the XP had to go to the Hero you were playing or XP had to be removed from brawls entirely. But yes, I'm pretty happy about it too.

Side note, some reddit discussion on the next hero. No actual evidence, but there was some good discussion on Starcraft's Alexei Stukov as a potential support hero. There's apparently some sort of minigame in SC2 (which I don't remember despite having completed SC2 and its two expansions) in which Stukov's kit involves summoning zerg units and healing them.

there were some zerg eggs hidden on a brawl map or something that pointed to stukov.

Alur

Shouldn't we be seeing Stukov soon? Tuesday will be two weeks since Valeera, right? So I guess that guarantees he'll be a 4 week gap and not a 3 week gap.

Was surprised Glau never picked up Alarak in competitive. He's no longer a melee flex player.

Glau is full time ranged flex now? That's actually pretty awesome. It wasn't working the other way, and we know he has the skill. Adapting and adjusting is something a lot of these players could do with more of. Glad he's had a good run so far.

Top Bottom