• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

brian!

Thought you meant he loses them if he had completed, still pickable imo (tho yes rare to have the correct prerequisites on qm) since it still gives value on each q hit.

200 extra dmg on something relatively easy to land (400 on stationary targets like buildings and ccd ppl) is not something to sneeze at, but the choice will always boil down to "can i survive without shield", "can i stack on this map", and "how long will it take for me to stack and can i contribute early game while stacking"

Altairre

Nigh unpickable in QM as a result.

Yeah, if you have KT in a four man then it doesn't seem too difficult if you position carefully and only focus on completing it early game (pretty much only using trait for your q). Since you never know what anybody is doing in qm it's a crapshoot. Then again, picking KT in qm is always a fucking gamble. You run into a dive heavy team and you're probably going to have a bad time since you can't count on anybody protecting you.

brian!

Yeah another weakness of convection is that it deincentavizes you from using de, and that if you are stuck laning for some reason you cant dw much either

You want it mainly on 2 lane maps or if your comp has the quicker rotation on maps like dk or spider, but even then you might find yourself needing the shield (which quick rotation maps are the best for stacking)

Alur

There's some spots like Braxxis or Infernal where I'd argue you should take it regardless, though, because it's more value for those objectives and they are easy places to stack. I def wouldn't take it against Valeera + Nova or something like that, though, sure.

You can see the pick rate jump from like ~54% in QM to like ~72% in HL though because of that. The random comps can be brutal for playing a mage period, let alone trying to do a quest.

Lol. If you sub to some pros on twitch, you get access to their discord and there's a few of them that talk in there and will answer questions and the like. Nothing special or any decent contacts!

Ah. Was hoping for that sweet Bakery intel pipeline.

kirblar

We don't talk about Auriel because she's simple to counter. Obnoxious double support comps only popped up because Uther is OP.

Generally the issue w Uther is that in HL trickle healers are much better. If Uther is balanced he needs to be near the bottom of the WR stats.

scoobs

The stats for winrate and tremendously so for pick rate say otherwise. I'm not saying Mana Addict is a bad talent, I'm just saying the reasons for not picking Convection that are usually given are symptoms of an issue with the heroes play style as a whole more than anything.

If you want to farm globes all game to get a shield that's your perogative, but you shouldn't die any more or less based on the talent you chose until said shield comes online late game.

And re: mana, again, most heroes aren't having issues post 13 as was just discussed with someone suggesting they rebalance mana on all heroes to make it more meaningful.

I know, man. He can be our inside man moving forward.
15 globes to get the shield... takes like 6-7 minutes if you're trying at all.

convection is 20 stacks and you lose them on death.

It's not impossible to complete but you have to be conservative with your positioning and complete the quest early, before 10, while your team still has lots of safe ground for you to retreat to. It is, however, quite often a giant pain in the ass to try and complete. Once your team starts to lose lots of fortifications, and everyone's got ultimates, the safe ground becomes more amorphous and you're probably not going to complete Convection unless the game goes well past 20 and you pick Flamethrower.

That said I find there's more value in the Flamestrike talents, particularly at 1, 7 and 20, for solo queue versus the other choices.

for me it's usually going well getting stacks during laning but then I feel obligated to D E try to save someone or partake in a fight and end up dying and effectively don't have a lvl 1 talent anymore.

brian!

1HNbC1bTQ8SPWSAV4RDxYQ.png

found an eu qm glaurung lol

brian!

like he just slipped or something
ok third eu ai game in a row where the queue lasts forever and it just gives me ai teammates again, i feel like my account is marked or something

man wrecking ball is unintuitive to use. First game I threw most people right in front of my feet the stun talent at 16 stuns opponents being thrown as well and is pretty great, makes it effectively a point and click stun if you want that.

Decimate does weak ass damage.

kirblar

man wrecking ball is unintuitive to use. First game I threw most people right in front of my feet the stun talent at 16 stuns opponents being thrown as well and is pretty great, makes it effectively a point and click stun if you want that.

Decimate does weak ass damage.
Yeah, it's a CC ult, not a damage one.

Milly79

Wow

Tracer: Ricochet will no longer cause Tracer’s Basic Attacks to bounce to Stealthed Heroes.

That was a bug since she came out then?

Maledict

Sleep would be an awesome mechanic but i wonder if a community that can't press s during monk ult is ready for it

Yeah I really don't get how sleep would function. It's not just the community, it's also the way hots is designed / there are a lot of spells flying around and abilities which you don't have much control over once u leashed. Unless there's a damage threshold to it.

brian!

In dota they have a sleep mechanic where if you auto the sleeping target you in turn get slept (autos have to be done by the user since a slept target becomes untargetable by normal automatic proximity autos, u gotta click them), any dmg taken wakes the slept target up including spells. It's a point and click cc too

Id imagine itd just function like this without the sleep transfer, it works fine for dota (lower players often transfer sleep to themselves and higher lvls will use it for setup and cc), but im wary of it being a successful thing in hots. Def think adding it is a good idea tho

Hard not to imagine ana being op if she gets aoe heal reduction as a base spell, her kit seems like itd be awesome for a moba

Ketch

In dota they have a sleep mechanic where if you auto the sleeping target you in turn get slept (autos have to be done by the user since a slept target becomes untargetable by normal automatic proximity autos, u gotta click them), any dmg taken wakes the slept target up including spells. It's a point and click cc too

Id imagine itd just function like this without the sleep transfer, it works fine for dota (lower players often transfer sleep to themselves and higher lvls will use it for setup and cc), but im wary of it being a successful thing in hots. Def think adding it is a good idea tho

Hard not to imagine ana being op if she gets aoe heal reduction as a base spell, her kit seems like itd be awesome for a moba

Das "nightmare" which is different from sleep.

sleep is in Dota though, any damage will wake someone up from sleep.

brian!

Oh yeah naga siren has a massive aoe sleep
Sleep is def a moba friendly mechanic, just unsure how hots ppl will adapt

As long as they implement the whole proximity autos not being automatic on sleep targets thing i feel like itll pretty much match overwatch, in general i feel like all the overwatch heroes have been fun and have been implemented well

Alur

HOTS replays and content on Disney XP Monday through Friday for two months? Da fuq? I don't know if this is brilliant or just bizarre but it's something, I'll say that.

Top Bottom