• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Prelude.

Interesting site. First time I've looked into it. Sadly they only have 3 of my replays. =/
You need to upload them manually, it used to take a long time before they showed up but now they're instant. It's still pretty janky though, the site didn't properly launch yet, and the uploader doesn't work for me.

Alur

You need to upload them manually, it used to take a long time before they showed up but now they're instant. It's still pretty janky though, the site didn't properly launch yet, and the uploader doesn't work for me.

Oh, of course. I'm just saying, hotslogs penetrated so far that almost every game I ever play ends up there anyway...even considering it's downturn in popularity in 2017. When I saw those screens I was hoping hotsdata had picked up a bit more steam but unfortunately it looks like there's a ways to go.

Seems like everyone wants a hotdogs alternative but no one wants to contribute to a different site. Whatever happened to the one Bakery was affiliated with that also had guides?

Jo is garbage now she got robbed of being the unkillable tank, none of her abilites are gparticularly powerful, her tree doesn't make her that much more powerful either. Can't she be the waveclear tank at least so you'd feel like you're contributing some?

Also why the fuck does her trait cost mana?

scoobs

Johanna is one of those "old" heroes that needs a complete overhaul. It'll come I'm sure. Her best talents are generic/boring shit. She should have damage options outside of Burning Rage, and she definitely needs more interesting/better Q, E & Trait talents.

Johanna is one of those "old" heroes that needs a complete overhaul. It'll come I'm sure. Her best talents are generic/boring shit. She should have damage options outside of Burning Rage, and she definitely needs more interesting/better Q, E & Trait talents.

they broke her when they nerfed and baked in Knight Takes Pawn into her W, leaving just 2 generics and a crappy talent.
Till the end you can simply not build Johanna to exert any amount of pressure nor really carve out an identity for her.

There's so much disruption and mobility in the game now that the in your face tank doesn't work anymore. It's a bummer really since Crusader is my favourite D3 class.
heroeshearth is pretty decent just for having pro builds
true but who wants the social network around that?

Dahbomb

Johanna is bad right now mainly because most of the top damaging heroes don't just use auto attacks for damage, they are mostly doing ability damage. She is clearly built to counter those auto attack heroes. But if people keep picking Illidan and stuff, you know people are going to bring her out if Arthas is banned out (that's Johanna'a biggest competitor in the tank department).

She definitely has a ton of boring/bad talents and you can really only build her one way.

Why would you pick Johanna against Illidan, she has a blind but it's a narrow long range cone. There's a variety of tanks that can shut down Illidan harder than her from an earlier point in the game.

Her issue has always been to actually get people to hit her.

Dahbomb

Why would you pick Johanna against Illidan, she has a blind but it's a narrow long range cone. There's a variety of tanks that can shut down Illidan harder than her from an earlier point in the game.

Her issue has always been to actually get people to hit her.
She still has 25 physical armor, Illidan is going to tickle her.

But yeah the issue still stands that people can just ignore her. Condemn isn't a powerful enough disable on top of being easy to avoid.

scoobs

Whats with all the Tracers in QM? Just pumped out 4 quick games and they all had Tracers on both sides except for my last, which had only 1 Tracer. Am I this unlucky?

edit: holy shit Tracer has the 5th highest WR in the game right now... TIL

Prelude.

She's strong when you can actually pick her, but she's not exactly popular. She's way lower in QM.

The New Butcher is gonna stomp ever harder when he goes live.

scoobs

I'm legit stunned to see Tracer in the top 5 of win rates. Weird. I wonder what happened in the meta to push her that high?

I went ahead and dropped $20 on Roll20 in that HGC Cheer thing. I justified it by wanting to support HGC and my favorite team, but the whole thing still feels a bit gross.

Alur

I'm legit stunned to see Tracer in the top 5 of win rates. Weird. I wonder what happened in the meta to push her that high?

I went ahead and dropped $20 on Roll20 in that HGC Cheer thing. I justified it by wanting to support HGC and my favorite team, but the whole thing still feels a bit gross.

Same. I did R20 and Dig with my $20 so I could get their portrait/banner/spray.

And surprised about that regarding Tracer as well. Wasn't so long ago she was typically near the bottom edge of acceptable winrates.

scoobs

Another fun and entertaining night of Quick Match Hero. Not a single one of those tomatoes was an even mildly fun time.
PyeJmLS.jpg

scoobs

Going to be a lot of people complaining about his ridiculous displacement capabilities. He's like diablo on steroids

scoobs

Ragnaros really is a bit OP in uncoordinated games. Lava Wave is just so good at handling siege while participating in objectives and teamfights.
You have more control over if your team wins or loses with that ult than any other ability in the game

Wish there was a CD reduction talent for his W at 13 or something. That would make his W build so much more competitive with the others

Alur

IIRC people were high on meteor when he released before discovering quickly how OP the Q build was. I always felt the meteor build was weird due to the CD of it...same way I feel about Gul'dan's E build. I just don't like having all that investment in such a long cooldown that's all or nothing.

I love Rehgar. I had a fairly common game this past match with him except I played him more aggro than I normally do (which is pretty aggro)

Towards the end of the game I had to swap towards more of a support role, but for the first half of the game, I was Rehgar, the Shaman Assassin. Such an interesting comp, yet it worked.

It's always the cocky squishies like Valla that think that I'm gonna run away from them because I'm the healer. Nah mfer, you're dog food! As soon as she used vault for the engage, it's doggy bite + lightningbond + AA time.

Dreavus

I love Rehgar. I had a fairly common game this past match with him except I played him more aggro than I normally do (which is pretty aggro)

Towards the end of the game I had to swap towards more of a support role, but for the first half of the game, I was Rehgar, the Shaman Assassin. Such an interesting comp, yet it worked.

It's always the cocky squishies like Valla that think that I'm gonna run away from them because I'm the healer. Nah mfer, you're dog food! As soon as she used vault for the engage, it's doggy bite + lightningbond + AA time.

My favourite support! He is great at chasing people down if you get them on the backfoot too, thanks to the slow + instant mount (and leap attack). His AA damage actually seems pretty good considering his role, not even counting wolf form attacks.

scoobs

Please explain scoobs
Which part?

Lava wave gives your team a massive XP advantage and lane pressure. W build, while fun, is held back by the very long CD on W, so investing all your talents into it seems like something of a waste (even though I do it anyways, YOLO)

Which part?

Lava wave gives your team a massive XP advantage and lane pressure. W build, while fun, is held back by the very long CD on W, so investing all your talents into it seems like something of a waste (even though I do it anyways, YOLO)

also helpful to participate in fort defense across the map.

Some of the W talents are also just situational the explode is very difficult to use for instance and spellshield tied to it is also weird.
I'm amazed at how many times in Quick Match you have to spam ping retreat, even when the wave is being launched from across the map.
describes it pretty well. In a game just now a genji was retreatring at no health and I just used it on the lane fully expecting it to do nothing but the moron just backed in the damage area and I got a satisfying ding a couple seconds later.

scoobs

Ya you're right, he's the best hero in the game at completely nullifying an enemy pushing your forts or keeps with objectives or otherwise. He's the hero that makes the biggest impact across the entire game IMO.

Alur

No Clash talk? Also wow, global tally still only halfway to the first mount. Feel like they way overestimated how much people would be into 126$ mounts.

Zackat

No Clash talk? Also wow, global tally still only halfway to the first mount. Feel like they way overestimated how much people would be into 126$ mounts.
Still way more bits than I have seen anywhere else. The prices are way too high. Like absurdly high. This twitch feature has been DoA since its release.

Or maybe I just watch poverty games.

Alur

This new thing where they are zooming in on each analyst's face when they talk is not good. This ain't ESPN boyz. Plus it makes the picture look kind of grainy in some weird way, maybe it's the background.

Zackat

Wow, shame on you old farts for not "getting it". This is your fortuitous opportunity to unabashedly and generously DONATE obscene amounts of money to your favourite eSports teams and game developer, obscurely through Twitch's kibbles and bits, to maybe be REWARDED with free cosmetics. I don't understand what you don't understand about this innocuous interaction? Y'all being downright selfish, really.
It's esports now. The capital S is no longer part of the equation. Checkmate millennials.

Alur

I just wanna buy this shit directly in game. It's not complicated.

EDIT: Also the analyst desk just ravaging k1 and KingCaff with this no motivation stuff. I'd be pissed if I was them, even if it was true. Just quite a bit of dwelling on it.

Top Bottom