• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

brian!

I feel like mobas are pretty timeslot friendly. Street fighter worked out surprisingly well too, i enjoyed catching e-league on tbs but im also way more into watching sf than hots atm.

But yeah in general seeing video games on tv feels extra weird, especially all the little moves where they try to be like "haha us gamers am i right?"

Hope hots is received well i dont really know what disney xp is or what the audience is like. On a flight back from vegas about 2 montgs ago they were showing a cs tournament on the tv, weird new world

Ketch

Oh yeah naga siren has a massive aoe sleep
Sleep is def a moba friendly mechanic, just unsure how hots ppl will adapt

As long as they implement the whole proximity autos not being automatic on sleep targets thing i feel like itll pretty much match overwatch, in general i feel like all the overwatch heroes have been fun and have been implemented well

Yea but with nagas you can't wake them up. Hers is more like a full screen channeled void prison.

Bakery said in a recent stream wrt their team that Mene was uncomfortable or didn't want to play hypercarry.
Sure he's a mage player primarily and mages aren't the greatest right now but he was great on valla and other carries too.

brian!

He really is more of the supplementary dmg type, he does well when hes dived on but rarely goes out of his way to make a play unless it's very safe. But they have a bunch of players who can take on that role that i dont think it's an issue for dig.

Reading the math of the storm reddit post and it seems like butcher got a substantial buff

Altairre

Garrosh seems like a pretty good Butcher counter. Just throw him out of the fight after he charges in on somebody or to the rest of your team if he used brand.

He really is more of the supplementary dmg type, he does well when hes dived on but rarely goes out of his way to make a play unless it's very safe. But they have a bunch of players who can take on that role that i dont think it's an issue for dig.

snitch has improve but we'll have to wait and see, you're right that mene generally plays on the safer side. Unless he's playing Jaina.

Altairre

Most characters can be dealt with by throwing them to your team or away from your team. =D

Ranged attackers or heroes with other gap closers have an easier time getting back into the fight though. Butcher basically needs to kill the target he charges or he's useless.

brian!

It's good to save butcher e to use as a reengage or chain cc, only time you should open w/ it is like altairre says, when u can kill em quick

I feel like butcher being the highest winrate has a lot to do with how his e communicates to the rest of your team (and ofc ppl not bothering to play against him correctly)

Ranged attackers or heroes with other gap closers have an easier time getting back into the fight though. Butcher basically needs to kill the target he charges or he's useless.
Ranged attackers are the ones you throw into your team!

It's good to save butcher e to use as a reengage or chain cc, only time you should open w/ it is like altairre says, when u can kill em quick

I feel like butcher being the highest winrate has a lot to do with how his e communicates to the rest of your team (and ofc ppl not bothering to play against him correctly)
Butcher has the highest winrate now?

brian!

Oh i didnt check, hes been there for a couple of weeks i think tho

Nm hes #2 now behind xul (who also has a very stompy playstyle against lower levels and a cc that is very understandable by his team)

Damn top 5 winrates are all heroes that will confuse newer players, that's pretty wack

Alur

If you sort it I wonder if they have an abnormally high winrate at lower levels because people realize that and abuse it.

Alur

kQKxPfc.png

Holy shit at this HGC cheer pricing. Like there's just basically no way in fucking hell anyone with sense is even getting the 1st mount, let alone the portraits that are at the back end of the rewards thing.

edit: From reddit:

Team portrait is at 100 bits ($1.70), spray at 500 ($7) and a banner at 1000 ($14). Looks like there are no team mounts, which is not too surprising but still a bit disappointing.

So basically spending above $14 dollars is mostly a waste, and arguably past $1.70 unless you want more than the portrait. If the global goal is met you get a different mount anyway so long as you spent that $1.70.

The loot box system is bad enough with certain tints or skins being unpurchaseable, but this is a whole other level.

Alur

Looks like $28 would get you both banners/sprays/portraits according to reddit. And you'll get a lizard mount if the HOTS community reaches the global goal. The rest is pretty steep.

vkD2seY.png

edit: Another users says there's a promotion where you spend $20 for 1500 bits and you get a bonus 500. In that way you could do two teams for $20.

Alur

This is pretty neat to show us the relative popularity of each team. It's not exactly scientific, but these are the people who tune in presumably. Dig and Roll20 just running away with it. Fnatic about 30-40k behind R20, then a big drop...

Totally surprised Tempo is so far ahead of GFE, but that may be more for the brand itself than the actual team.

Alur

I saw some dude drop 49933 bits on MVP Black while I had it up. I said gat damn.

EDIT: Apparently it's just the top bitter for the thing so far.

Eyeh4wk

How long does it take for the prices to drop from 10k heroes? Or does it ever ?
I just find hard to believe all recent heroes are legendary.

Alur

Haven't had a 10k hero drop in price since February. I'd imagine that's probably gone by the wayside with the 2.0 setup with heroes dropping in loot boxes. Even if they do price drop it's not even a guarantee it'll be a 10k hero, sometimes it's one of the cheaper ones getting even cheaper.

Haven't had a 10k hero drop in price since February. I'd imagine that's probably gone by the wayside with the 2.0 setup with heroes dropping in loot boxes. Even if they do price drop it's not even a guarantee it'll be a 10k hero, sometimes it's one of the cheaper ones getting even cheaper.

It feels like getting all of the new guys at 10K gold won't be sustainable. I have 2/3rds of the cast at level 5 right now and only 20k gold.

Ronabo

You can get free bits by watching ads. Also you can get bits by signing up on Twitch's Research Power Group site and answer surveys.

I have over 1000 bits and have used hundreds.

scoobs

I strongly considered supporting HGC with this Twitch thing, but ultimately it just feels... icky

Also I basically cannot lose a quick match as Ragnaros. It's almost impossible with the XP advantages he gives your team. And he's getting buffs.... Feeeeeelsgoodman

scoobs

The bad thing about choosing Gazlowe is the instant trash talk of picking him. I had to stop using him and use Azmo or Xul instead
Ignore the haters. I catch a ton of shit for playing the "bad builds" on my favorite heroes and enjoy nothing more than proving them wrong.

Play who you want, how you want, and if that upsets people then tough shit (unless it's a draft mode and your team needs a tank or support, then it's pretty lame to pick Gazlowe)

Did we ever figure out why all the heroes have facial hair on the PTR? Has to be the weirdest tease/joke they've ever done. I don't buy that its a bug. What the hell is this lol

Also, drunk Dunktrain spitting the truth on stream tonight

Milly79

Not only did he say it in the same exact tone as MewnSalt w/Genji, he was also drinking pretty heavily. I'm not buying it. 🤔

Altairre

Played one game with Xul, one game with Kerrigan and one game with Tyrande today. Won all three. The Xul one because Prelude carried me again (
I'm a bad Xul player but luckily Prelude is an excellent Tracer player
) but I did pretty well with Kerrigan and Tyrande. Kerrigan is so fun when she works and your team goes in with you. Good times.

Top Bottom