• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Prelude.

So, I just had a match with a Zeratul that didn't want to help get the objective from the start (actually refusing to participate when asked to, not ignoring it) and when we wiped the enemy team with an earthquake combo he started calling us "pussies".

What.

Having so much fun with Greymane again. He's really difficult to make work in QM. I'm taking cocktail talents at 4 and 7 and otherwise worgen build rn.
Never getting tired of the heel turn. Running away, oh well I'm gonna die but I'll take one of you with me.

Prelude.

That sounds pretty true to his lore
The worst thing is that we were beating them pretty comfortably, but we couldn't win the team fights around the obj since he wasn't helping.
At least the next match had some of the nicest people I found yet, communicating and helping each other, so it was an easy win.

Also, I'm liking Thrall, earthquake has been kind of a "team kill" button so far.

scoobs

Having so much fun with Greymane again. He's really difficult to make work in QM. I'm taking cocktail talents at 4 and 7 and otherwise worgen build rn.
Never getting tired of the heel turn. Running away, oh well I'm gonna die but I'll take one of you with me.
Greymane is my shit, absolutely love his cocktail build now. Being familiar enough with his burst potential to know when you can dive to delete people is a really fun little mini game on him, and when you get a dshield or Zarya/medivh shield you can really fucking dive in there and shred the back line.

I wish he was slightly better overall as a hero, but he's pretty darn solid.

So, I just had a match with a Zeratul that didn't want to help get the objective from the start (actually refusing to participate when asked to, not ignoring it) and when we wiped the enemy team with an earthquake combo he started calling us "pussies".

What.

With all these stories you have been sharing lately I'm surprised you still play. Keep fighting the good fight.

Alur

I'm still holding the beacon for the Murk. If we can have people defending Li-Ming resets and Chromie Fog of War kills, we can def have someone defending the green fish man.

I'm not sure if the rework is legit OP or not, but if it is I'll just spam him til they nerf him back to irrelevance. He can't exist for long as a legitimate hero. Much like with Nova, the salt will be too heavy.

With all these stories you have been sharing lately I'm surprised you still play. Keep fighting the good fight.

Haha, was thinking the same. I would've noped on out already.

Alur

32 minute wait to play Lucio only to get a Falstad who died 12 times and a Greymane who BM'd and died 8 in a 12 minute game.

Alavard

32 minute wait to play Lucio only to get a Falstad who died 12 times and a Greymane who BM'd and died 8 in a 12 minute game.

I don't know how you do it. I won't even play a new hero in QM until they've been out for a week or two.

Alur

I just wanna see what he's like. I don't expect much better on PTR. If it wasn't my team feeding, it would have been the other. Surprised there was BMing, though. Usually it's cordial on PTR since it is supposed to be for testing.

I really hate that they put so many of these on PTR. You can't even use them unless you're a streamer and have enough viewers to make custom games. Queues are just too damn long.

EDIT: Even this Murky queue is saying 742 seconds for me and he's not even the new hero.

Prelude.

Heh, I played hundreds of hours of Overwatch, I've developed a special kind of tolerance for shenanigans ("That guy picked Hanzo and I don't like it, so I'm gonna throw this competitive match and tank everyone's rank because I don't want him to win"), it takes a lot more than that to make me tilt completely.

Maledict

I just wanna see what he's like. I don't expect much better on PTR. If it wasn't my team feeding, it would have been the other. Surprised there was BMing, though. Usually it's cordial on PTR since it is supposed to be for testing.

I really hate that they put so many of these on PTR. You can't even use them unless you're a streamer and have enough viewers to make custom games. Queues are just too damn long.

EDIT: Even this Murky queue is saying 742 seconds for me and he's not even the new hero.

I think Murky is more popular than Lucio tbh.

I got into a game as Nazeepo. The only thing I could tell from that was that if Murky gets into melee range against you, you are dead. There was nothing I could do with the slime and stacking slow, it felt utterly ridiculous.

Alur

The game I had was Murky against Murky. The numbers coming out of Lucio's auto seem like a lot but they barely dented him by the time he was level 16. That game ended with them level 18 and us 12 lol.

brian!

I feel like lucio is pretty good but that his inclusion is a distraction from the incoming murpocalypse ☠☠☠

Alur

41 minute queue now so far for Lucio. RIP the dream.

EDIT: Now 51 minutes. We goin for the hour mark boyz good thing I was working on the side c'mon time to accelerate dis q

EDIT: Time to accelerate worked. 52 min queue. And we queued into Marche and his group (former pro and streamer). Awesome.

Kioshen

Heh, I played hundreds of hours of Overwatch, I've developed a special kind of tolerance for shenanigans ("That guy picked Hanzo and I don't like it, so I'm gonna throw this competitive match and tank everyone's rank because I don't want him to win"), it takes a lot more than that to make me tilt completely.

I salute your resilience towards shenanigans. I thought I had it under control but recent events indicate that no I still have ways to go. Who knew a laughing cartoon king image could induce so much rage.

Alur

Cracks me up that BMing in Clash Royale can make you salty Kio when all the BMing from Milly hasn't made you go postal on him.

Kioshen

I can talk to Milly. I guess it's a big difference plus he hasn't really bm'ed me to be honest. There was one instance where it went over the line, we talked it out and we good now.

Alur

Hasn't really BM'd you? Hah, we must have different metrics for that.

Anyway, Lucio's wall ride is surprisingly easy to keep rolling or roll with at a decent clip. The issue with him for players will lie in the desire to wall ride combined with the need to be in range a-la Brightwing combined with the ability to do AA damage.

He has three competing things pulling him and it's a lot more to manage than you'd think at first blush.

Yeah, OW is pretty bad. I used to play that a ton and competitive slowly knocked me out of it and I play more HotS lately. I recognize I witnessed have the ability or time to get out of my gold levels though! Heh.

Zackat

I really wish more than 2 skins were on sale per week. Takes forever for something interesting to pop up.
I was gonna drop a ton of money if they did the whole store for 50% off for black Friday like they did last year. Instead I only bought Lunaras skin cause she's my fav.

Alur

I really wish more than 2 skins were on sale per week. Takes forever for something interesting to pop up.

Surely that's on the list in the future.

They did expand the amount of heroes available free weekly, but compared to the roster/skins available the weekly sales are still right where they were from the beginning. Kind of goes hand in hand with how they really need to consider adding a third ban.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I knew it was only a matter of time until Murky's glorious comeback.

Milly79

Yeah if you're using tazz you're typically out of position

Try getting yourself super low and landing a good guillotine without dying instead

Deny it all ya want boiz

Taz'dingo is the pubstomp ult but if you're playing against a remotely coordinated group with the right picks they can shut it down completely with blinds and stunlocks. Rendering the invulnerability and/or your high damage pointless. Then you just die and feed.

Guillotine is great if you need to play more conservatively. It's also funny as fuck when you tag someone trying to run away or take a couple of players down with you.

Taz'dingo requires you to be at low health and, likely, being horribly out of position while being at low health. There are so many abilities that shut Taz'dingo down and, unless you're playing against people that are pants on head retarded, you will get stunned, silenced, and/or blinded, rendering the ult useless, leading you to feed.

Having a ranged nuke on a 30 second cooldown that can deal 1500+ damage on a ranged assassin isn't something to scoff at. When playing against certain heroes and line-ups, it's the ult you have to pick.

It's not like you can't be cleansed. I'm just waiting for a Tazzdingo, Sanctification, Divine Shield, Force of Will comp.

Am I crazy or is Greymane a really good jungler? He can clear camps by himself quite fast pretty early on.

kirblar

It's not like you can't be cleansed. I'm just waiting for a Tazzdingo, Sanctification, Divine Shield, Force of Will comp.

Am I crazy or is Greymane a really good jungler? He can clear camps by himself quite fast pretty early on.
He is a very good jungler. His PvE damage is crazy, it's why he's very good on BoE.

Top Bottom