• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Maledict

I have been reading Nazeepo's blood ritual talent wrong the entire time since his rework. I thought it was a hot and didn't stack - but it's just an instant 2% health and mana everytime something dies. This has revolutionised my enjoyment of him - once you hit level 4 he kicks the shit out of *everyone* in lane, even Alarak.

I also have stopped going spider build, except for the spider talent at 16. Extra range at 1 and Dead Rush is so ridiculously strong, and helps you get your stacks up fast as well.

kirblar

I have been reading Nazeepo's blood ritual talent wrong the entire time since his rework. I thought it was a hot and didn't stack - but it's just an instant 2% health and mana everytime something dies. This has revolutionised my enjoyment of him - once you hit level 4 he kicks the shit out of *everyone* in lane, even Alarak.

I also have stopped going spider build, except for the spider talent at 16. Extra range at 1 and Dead Rush is so ridiculously strong, and helps you get your stacks up fast as well.
Yeah, it gives him his old trait, which is huge in solo queue.

Alur

Yep, it's a must for me personally. For a while it wasn't the most popular pick which I never really understood. That regen is literally life blood.

kirblar

Yep, it's a must for me personally. For a while it wasn't the most popular pick which I never really understood. That regen is literally life blood.
On BoE and possibly Braxis I think you want the spider one since he's going to be skirmishing so much. For the others it totally makes more sense to blood ritual in most circumstances.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I love when people get all mad when you just let them know in a constructive manner something they are doing wrong, then at the end you get MVP with stats showing you basically did half the work for the whole team in every category so they can't say shit about you.

Xeteh

rofl, just went against a 4 stack in QM consisting of Valeera, Nova, Zeratul and Samuro. It was close for most of it but we were all squishies and they also had Hammer in the backline so it was a bitch to get anything done. Still lost though.

Maledict

Yeah, it gives him his old trait, which is huge in solo queue.

I'm sure his old trait was a heal over time though wasn't it? And it didn't stack, so wiping out a wave did t give you the full effect, whereas the new talent does which makes a big difference.

Or am I going completely mad?

scoobs

rofl, just went against a 4 stack in QM consisting of Valeera, Nova, Zeratul and Samuro. It was close for most of it but we were all squishies and they also had Hammer in the backline so it was a bitch to get anything done. Still lost though.

sounds like fucking nightmare fuel. Shouldn't even be possible to have that many stealthies on a team.

It really tickles my balls that people are finally realizing Nazeebo is awesome.

Alur

I'm sure his old trait was a heal over time though wasn't it? And it didn't stack, so wiping out a wave did t give you the full effect, whereas the new talent does which makes a big difference.

From what I remember it was always a bit of mana and heal back on each kill.

EDIT: From the wiki. I can't tell if this is current or old. That's current.

Voodoo Ritual said:
Your Basic Attacks and Abilities poison Non-Heroic enemies, causing them to take 145 (69 + 0% per level) additional damage over 6 seconds. If a Minion dies while poisoned by Voodoo Ritual, you permanently gain 4 Health and 1 Mana.

EDITx2
: One of the old patch notes from August 2015 says this:

-Voodoo Ritual (Trait)

>Blood Ritual (Talent) Health and Mana restoration bonuses increased from 100% to 125%.

EDITx
3: Here we go. From the rework patch notes on September 27, 2016:

Voodoo Ritual (Trait)

Damage over time effect is now only applied to non-Heroes

Duration increased from 4 to 6 seconds

Killing an enemy affected by Voodoo Ritual no longer restores Health and Mana

New Functionality:

You now permanently gain 4 Maximum Health and 1 Maximum Mana if an enemy Minion dies while affected by Voodoo Ritual

EDITx4: It appears it started out in early Alpha as Death Ritual, then was changed to Voodoo Ritual with the permanent health/mana boost becoming a talent. Then with the rework they changed it back to a permanent health/mana boost and added Voodoo as a talent.

You can see all changes to Nazeebo in patches here. As well as any other hero, I would guess.

kirblar

The old trait was per kill, I don't think it was as strong though.

Xeteh

sounds like fucking nightmare fuel. Shouldn't even be possible to have that many stealthies on a team.

It really tickles my balls that people are finally realizing Nazeebo is awesome.

Yeah, it wasn't very fun. I was playing Valla so I basically had to save my multi shot and it wasn't going to hit all of them.

It's even worse in QM, the opponent will also have 2 to 3 stealthies every single time. The one time I'm happy about playing with and against bad people.

We only had Valeera for a stealthy. It was Valla, Valeera, Alarak, Murky and Nazeebo. The Murky was a rager too. Made for an entertaining game.

Maledict

Yeah, I'm fairly sure the old trait was a heal over time, because I'm sure you had a small timer for the buff when it was active. It triggered off the kill, but because it didn't stack you never got the full effect from a wave of minions like you do now. Think it was something's like 2% health and 1% mana over 2 seconds per kill?

The new level 4 is definitely stronger, it's noticeable how strong it makes him in lane at 4 and the old trait definitely wasn't that good.

I just spent $20 on loot boxes for overwatch and $28 on the monkey king/ming bundle.

I feel like I'm getting spit roasted by Blizzard ;_;

edit: Blue winter veil Jaina + blue nimbus looks fking sweet tho.

brian!

Crazy how the narrative on reddit went from "fml i have multiple stealth heroes on my team" to "fml they have multiple stealth heroes on their team"

brian!

Im actually really enjoying her niche status in hgc, that and bstep's comps last week are the type of drafting i enjoy watching

It's somewhat developing from niche to really, really good on spiders. Small Map with lots of corridors, a pushing objective and goaltending turn in points + the repeated buffs make her a menace on the map.

The games with chromie quickly lose their lustre on spiders. Kerrigan is exciting with her combo, it's splashy. Chromie just throws shit out.

Is Zuljin on Braxis a thing because he can hold a point for the whole duration of tazzdingo.

kirblar

The games with chromie quickly lose their lustre on spiders. Kerrigan is exciting with her combo, it's splashy. Chromie just throws shit out.

Is Zuljin on Braxis a thing because he can hold a point for the whole duration of tazzdingo.
In the 4v4 skirmish lane YOU GOT AXE? is able to finish very quickly as long as he isn't repeatedly picked off.

Oh yeah he's supposed to be a better valla once he gets it.

I'm looking at bakery's mana bar and thinking he'll have to back but then saw he had picked feral heart and just laughs at mana.

Maledict

If the first time you use Taz'Dingo is when the core is at 2% and the entire enemy team is dead, you probably dominated the game a bit...

brian!

To me it's like just new tech, teams are still trying out responses so it's fun to watch

kirblar

I don't understand what value these stats have. What am I missing?
It's teling you how good a hero is on a given map relative to other maps.

This is less important w/ general strategy and more important with "I know how to play X. When should I pick X?"

Alavard

It's teling you how good a hero is on a given map relative to other maps.

This is less important w/ general strategy and more important with "I know how to play X. When should I pick X?"

But it isn't, if you can also play another hero with a similar role that has a higher winrate on the same map. Like my previous example, if I'm on BoE, and I know how to play both Jaina and Chromie, why would I take Chromie, given that she has a 4% lower winrate? I'm not saying you should never take Chromie over Jaina on this map, but that chart gives no special reason to do so.

Think of it this way - if there were a hero with a 20% overall winrate, and his best winrate was 35% on BoE, there would be no reason to pick him, despite the fact that he'd be on the top of that chart.

kirblar

But it isn't, if you can also play another hero with a similar role that has a higher winrate on the same map. Like my previous example, if I'm on BoE, and I know how to play both Jaina and Chromie, why would I take Chromie, given that she has a 4% lower winrate? I'm not saying you should never take Chromie over Jaina on this map, but that chart gives no special reason to do so.

Think of it this way - if there were a hero with a 20% overall winrate, and his best winrate was 35% on BoE, there would be no reason to pick him, despite the fact that he'd be on the top of that chart.
This is what you're missing- this is something that lets you isolate your hero pool and play to its strengths.

Those %s also don't account for individual skill. LiquidCris is going to play Chromie a lot because he is good at Chromie. The data can illuminate maps he may want to experiment w/ using her on.

brian!

I get what ur saying, the way i personally view it tho (and all hotslogs stats at that) is that wr is often frivolous and based off of poor play. So in this context it's less "what heroes are the best for x map" and more "what maps are best for x". In the end the chart is a jump off point for thought, not an end. When drafting it is more important to sus out what valla brings to boe (like this much more a deciding factor when drafting than "who is currently posting a good wr") vs. another pick, and with a chart like this you get a generating of a base discussion on how dif heroes kits affect dif maps. Mainly it's common sense but it's nice to have a visual. But yeh this chart doesnt answer "why valla over chromie and when"

Alur

The viewership seems pretty low for today. Has it been growing week to week or steady or what? I didn't get to watch much last weekend and didn't pay any attention.

Top Bottom