• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Milly79

If he wasn't good I'd say sick burn bro, but alas he is so... keep rocking the guillotine and keep being a dirty Chromie picker.

I will keep rocking it. And winning with it.

And keep reaching with the Chromie comments. Cause it's once in a blue moon I play her.

scoobs

I will keep rocking it. And winning with it.

And keep reaching with the Chromie comments. Cause it's once in a blue moon I play her.
Filthy Chromie scum.

Grubby and HORSEPANTS both saying Lucio is incredibly strong. I'm pretty hyped boys

I miss being able to duo que in HL :/

It was a mistake to remove it imo. I don't think it was worth it to add 2-3 man ques to TL since it's still not worth going into que unless you got a full 5 man going.

Maledict

I really like Lucio, but I kept encountering an issue with his wall running in try mode. If I clicked movement too close to the wall his speed would slow down incredibly, and it's not clear what's causing that or what the margin of error is.

Alur

If you're sure that was it I'd throw it up on reddit and see if others have experienced it. I haven't checked reddit in the past 12ish hours, but that's the first I heard of it. I didn't experience it in my games either, but I only got to play two and they were both pretty quick stomps so I can't speak with any kind of authority.

That'd be pretty gamebreaking for him if you're right and it goes live, though.

EDIT: Wow, a Cho'Gall buff thread. Don't know how I feel about that. Seems like the Cho'Gall games I see him get stomped on were more about random QM counters in matchmaking (or them playing bad) than him being underpowered. And I've certainly had a mudhole stomped on me by CG plenty due to it going the opposite way.

Alur

If they had just made Murky's Pufferfish not instantly killable by nearly everyone, along with making his heroics a little more useful I think he would have been fine with that. Maybe throw in that trick egg talent while they were at it.

The rest of this...I dunno brehs. I love me some Murky, but we bout to open a whole vat of Morton's next Tuesday if it stays like this.

kirblar

If you're sure that was it I'd throw it up on reddit and see if others have experienced it. I haven't checked reddit in the past 12ish hours, but that's the first I heard of it. I didn't experience it in my games either, but I only got to play two and they were both pretty quick stomps so I can't speak with any kind of authority.

That'd be pretty gamebreaking for him if you're right and it goes live, though.

EDIT: Wow, a Cho'Gall buff thread. Don't know how I feel about that. Seems like the Cho'Gall games I see him get stomped on were more about random QM counters in matchmaking (or them playing bad) than him being underpowered. And I've certainly had a mudhole stomped on me by CG plenty due to it going the opposite way.
The biggest issue he has is that he probably doesn't have enough HP, given that Diablo is really close to hitting his level when he's fully locked and loaded.

Kioshen

PTR Murky will need some number tweaking that's for sure. I've watched some horsepants stream yesterday and it was disgusting. I might do an avatar based on that troll egg though. So funny.

I usually don't share QM anecdotes anymore since they are pointless to me but come on have people still not learned not to do bosses w/o Tank and Healer when both teams are alive? What do they think will happen when 1 team takes free damage and the other team is all damage and healthy from not fighting the boss.

Maledict

All this talk about Murky... surely he will get tweaked before he hits live.

I'm assuming so, Blizzard have been good about this recently. Because I'm taking a hiatus from the game if it isn't. He's just terrible - how on earth they pushed this live is beyond me. He can outduel most heroes in the game now.

Xeteh

How long are new heroes generally on the PTR? Will Lucio be out this next week or is it more likely two weeks from now?

Alur

By the way, I know most people (myself included) felt Murky needed some help buff wise, though perhaps not this much help.

Actually, though, he had a 54% winrate in Quick Match the past 7 days. And it's even higher if you only do Plat/Diamond/Master. Surprised me. I felt like he was pretty bad in QM the last couple of times I tried him.

kirblar

By the way, I know most people (myself included) felt Murky needed some help buff wise, though perhaps not this much help.

Actually, though, he had a 54% winrate in Quick Match the past 7 days. And it's even higher if you only do Plat/Diamond/Master. Surprised me. I felt like he was pretty bad in QM the last couple of times I tried him.
Probably depends what heroes recently got released.

brian!

In his current iteration he's still terrifying on maps like cursed and dshire, where your team basically has to force the 5v4 and ignore objectives to win. In his new iteration you can't ignore him because he will kill your ass on top of it, plus there is way more effort needed to kill him now too. He is also the late game murkgod

Alur

Speaking of 4v5ing, I played Azmodan yesterday with Milly and Kio for one game and then Kio and I did two more when Milly logged. I literally just afk pushed lane after lane and no one responded. Easy three wins. Shameful that even when you pare the playerbase down to the best ~11% that you still get away with stuff like that.

Just had a really zeepo pls game again. He'd constantly raise zombie walls around melees and the bosses on garden, constantly raise walls on you when you're trying to chase. He wasn't just feeding himself but us too. He deserved MVP for the other team.

Kioshen

Speaking of 4v5ing, I played Azmodan yesterday with Milly and Kio for one game and then Kio and I did two more when Milly logged. I literally just afk pushed lane after lane and no one responded. Easy three wins. Shameful that even when you pare the playerbase down to the best ~11% that you still get away with stuff like that.

The two we did were sub 11-13 minutes game too. Just plain fast stomps.

Alavard

You know, I've never gotten comfortable with being first pick in a draft, and I don't think I ever will. Something about the entire enemy team having free reign to counter your pick makes me avoid a lot of my best heroes.

Give me 4th pick every time and I'll just tank/support forever.

scoobs

You know, I've never gotten comfortable with being first pick in a draft, and I don't think I ever will. Something about the entire enemy team having free reign to counter your pick makes me avoid a lot of my best heroes.

Give me 4th pick every time and I'll just tank/support forever.
There aren't that many hard counters, just pick the best hero for the map that you're the best with, and don't worry about it.

Ketch

Just looking at Lucio stuff for the first time, and it seems like the move speed stuff would be broken.... move speed is such a premium in this game, that plus 15% all the time for the whole team seems really out of place. It's like if only one team was allowed to buy boots, it would be like almost impossible to play against that in a traditional moba.

scoobs

Just looking at Lucio stuff for the first time, and it seems like the move speed stuff would be broken.... move speed is such a premium in this game, that plus 15% all the time for the whole team seems really out of place. It's like if only one team was allowed to buy boots, it would be like almost impossible to play against that in a traditional moba.
It's like having a mini bloodlust all the time, that occasionally can be boosted up to full on bloodlust. He's gonna be awesome

Alavard

There aren't that many hard counters, just pick the best hero for the map that you're the best with, and don't worry about it.

Yeah, I'm overthinking it for sure. What it really comes down to is I just need to play draft modes more often, so that I'm caught off-guard less often when it comes to my hero selection.

Celegus

Why is it that I get 10x more trolls in ranked than regular QM? I just want to finish my placements, every single game has someone that refuses to ever stay with the team and feeds. So much tilt. This is why I stick to unranked.

Kioshen

I tried that Chromie girl you guys keep talking about. It did not go well ... at all. There was always a Valeera on the opposing team and either a Zeratul or Illidan. The game did the same thing when I was on a Tracer train and just kept throwing me Varian to deal with.

How do you guys can play Greymane really ? Do you still do it in QM ? I'd be terrified of playing that character without any form of healing.

I only get 30 fps on my tablet and still can't sit down so I stay out of serious modes. I've just been losing a lot with Greymane but I don't mind that anymore in QM. Just back whenever you're low and play carefully otherwise.

Take bye bye against stealthies and whenever they come to pick you off just bow out.

Is it me or does Valeera players consider themselves truly invisible more than any other stealth hero? It's just laughable when they try to sneak up on you in lane.

Speaking of Greymane the cocktail quest is easy to stack when you get into repeat skirmishes but I'm often struggling to do so because I'm stuck in lane far too much.

Kioshen

When I could finally take bye bye I could do some serious work. They were wasting so many resources trying to catch me but I just isolated them for my team to finish them off. I think I should try to learn Li-Ming instead of Chromie still. She's fun by throwing stuff at the opposing team but if your team doesn't finish them off they just hearth back and you need to start over. At least with Li-Ming you can and should finish them off.

Xeteh

Ever since I started playing Valla a bunch I swear I run in to constant Varian, Illidan and/or Chromie.

They delete me so hard.

Chromie in this game either has the greatest aim or the worst, I saw her getting ready to cast and vaulted in a different direction and got drilled by both Q+W.

Top Bottom