• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

scoobs

Q build preferred on maps where wave clear is really important, but E just does so much more damage for me. Hitting a good corruption on stunned targets, like enemies stuck in a mosh pit... GG you all dead.

Milly79

I just find it's not consistent enough across the board for me when you can spam Q all day. I'm not sold on his level 7 yet. The Q -> E reduction makes sense, as does the AP for healing received. I do like the 50% slow when E ends. The AP for healing is actually the one most preferred it seems, but if you're going full E, why wouldn't you take the Q -> E reduction?

Horrifying behind people so they run into you is hilariously fun.

kirblar

I just find it's not consistent enough across the board for me when you can spam Q all day. I'm not sold on his level 7 yet. The Q -> E reduction makes sense, as does the AP for healing received. I do like the 50% slow when E ends. The AP for healing is actually the one most preferred it seems, but if you're going full E, why wouldn't you take the Q -> E reduction?

Yeah, its' definitely healer/map/comp dependent- it's a qustion of "how bad will this blow them up", and if you're facing a malf...it's bad but...it's not that bad for them.

Alur

Hot take but I feel like there is less hype from Probius than I can remember for a HOTS hero in a while. Legit the first hero I can remember that no one in our main group (me/proto/Milly) has claimed to spam. That's all anecdotal of course, but it definitely isn't Ragnaros or Lucio or whatever.

scoobs

Aww man, when do I get to be a part of the "main group?" Do I have to bring my snark levels down further? I'm trying so hard.

Alur

I just said main group because us three have played together so long. If you add up all the games I've played across my four accounts with Milly, we are at 1,976 that have been uploaded to hotdogs (and we used to play new heroes to 5 in AI mode back in the day). I can't see the number with proto because he has his accounts hidden, but I'm sure it's well over a thousand too. We've played a whole, whole lot of games together since beta, and we even had that failed run in the Road To Blizzcon.

Ketch is another part of the old group, however he plays so infrequently due to work and school that the number of games is lower, but we've played together since the alpha.

Kioshen

As much as I like the concept of Probius, the implementation leaves a lot to be desired. From all the footage I've watched, you just seem to spam his warp stuff more often than not because you're always waiting on pylons to come online and then your AA do nothing. Just running around waiting on cooldowns is not that very active.

---------

Speaking of Q Build, Fan recently did a video on it.

Ketch

I feel like I could make an entire episode of just clips from me.

And maybe like two from alur.

Edit: lol thought this was the fails show.

Kioshen

Too bad they don't do it as often but maybe they don't receive enough clips. After that poor performance by me on Malf yesterday on BHB, that video couldn't have come at a right time. Made me reflect on a couple of things I could have done differently and maybe some things we need to do as a group differently like pressing our advantage. Maybe our problem against split pushing comps is that we don't force permanent structural damage and let them build up waves in the background by running around.

Milly79

PTR -> Live patch changes:

Sky Temple
Removed a few bushes in the jungle between bottom lane and middle lane.

Gall
Shadowflame (Q)
Damage increased from 118 to 125

Dread Orb (W)
Damage increased from 221 to 233

Shadowbolt Volley (R)
Damage increased from 82 to 87

Tyrael
Righteousness (W)
​Personal Shield amount increased from 320 to 336
Allied Shield amount increased from 128 to 135

Judgment (R)
​Damage increased from 100 to 150
Splash Damage increased from 50 to 75

Zarya
Zarya's Basic Attacks can now be affected by attack speed modifications.

Alur

Sondius cannon his kinda crappy at its current health and it needs a little more fire rate or priorize the heroes when its under attack

Yeah, think they did it intentionally to avoid making him too Gazlowe like, but ultimately they made it more or less useless. Kind of have to build into Q unless someone is enabling you to stay forward and land a lot of W's for the W+Q fest.

Welp, Sondius is basically Ws and Q, E is kinds of useless unless you go for the detector quest and being mana dependand on his Z makes him/her never see the base for a good time

Kioshen

Welp. Due to a massive snowstorm in my neck of the woods, my training course has been canceled so I'll be available to play tonight.

Alur

No one wants to play with you Kio! Kappa

also, Probius vs Gazlowe no bueno. He's not as bad as I thought he'd be though.

Celegus

HGC finals are going to be at Blizzcon again right? Tickets up April 5th, gonna try to get a couple because that sounds like the funnest thing ever... never been to California!

Alur

Would assume so Celegus. We won't know for sure til it's closer, though, but either way I'm sure you guys would enjoy it. I'd love to go once but not really the place for two young kids.

Played Probius to the cusp of level 6. Wave clear and siege potential pretty good. Team fighting is very hit or miss. If your team pushes the enemy out of your nest where you can regen mana/use your pylon overcharge ult/etc you aren't worth much. Also makes it hard to land W + Q because of the constant movement. If the enemy comes in and your team can avoid pushing backwards on their own, though, Probi can do a shitton of damage.

Mainly though, you're kind of like a reverse Zagara. Both you and Zag do great in lane and can siege well, however in a team fight Zag does a bunch of sustain but has no real burst. Probius is the opposite. You have no sustain, but great burst. You can finish a lot of kills or set them up if you can be in range to do it.

Celegus

No kids for us! That would definitely be a deal breaker. I really hope the finals are there, we've wanted to go to an event for a long time now and missed out on tickets last year.

Kioshen

According to the hgc website, the finals will be held in November so probably blizzcon. I know hearthstone's finals won't be at blizzcon so there's a chance for heroes too but the probability is low to be honest.

Alur

Does feel like Sondius/Probius/Probe dude/Probi will need some buffs.

• pylons need more HP, too easy to kill
  • photon cannon is basically a joke. serves as a minion or merc damage soak and that's about it. maybe if you fully talent into it it becomes useful, but if that's what it takes well it needs to be buffed.
  • feel like with all the W talents, there should've been one that gave it a bit more range. His damage relies on it too much.
  • Pylon Overcharge is almost necessary if you wanna do damage and don't have a perfect comp in front of you, but even though it gets extended range from Pylons it's very easy to avoid
  • His level 4 talent that grants CD reduction on his speed is almost a must. I'd argue it is a must honestly.

scoobs

Watched HORSEPANTS play him to level 10 on the PTR (lol) and he seems convinced you need to build him for his cannon talents.

Alur

Maybe it's a Greymane release Q build situation, where the one skill is so bad you have to invest all in to it. I just can't see how investing so heavily into it really helps you, though. It doesn't get longer range, it does a little more damage. It will still die very quickly. Greymane's Cocktail got legit good with talents. The way photon cannon is tied to the pylons plus doesn't target specifically like Gaz's do now makes it kind of poopy IMO. I'll try it out next time though.

scoobs

His basic philosophy was that his Q and W are already really good, and you have to talent into his E to make him really work as a hero. Basically makes him a zoning and pushing god hero, particularly with the Pylon ultimate. You can't even get near the little guy.

Alur

I get what he's saying, that's basically the Greymane Q principle all over again. And I agree his Q and W are good, at least compared to the E.

The problem is he can't get near anyone either. The only way he can push is to be setup before cleanup arrives, and even fully buffed photon cannon isn't scaring anyone. You can stop a push coming in on a structure, but I'm not sure E build helps him zone on an objective or at a structure any better than he already does.

Maledict

Am I right in saying the E talents you would be picking are the level 1 and 7 ones anyways? No other talents seem that useful for it.

And I'm scepticsl myself, but want to try him just because I love Protoss so much and this seems like the first Protoss hero I'll actually enjoy. So will give the E build a whirl...

Alur

Yes to do E build the one talent is a must. The other two are pretty good and most I've seen so far default to the W.

Probius is easily the most underwhelming hero they've added to the game yet. I get that they're trying to not make another Gazlowe or Murky, not make another merc camp or lane zerging pve hero but Probius is squishy, has a terrible right click, the pylon/turret combo is incredibly slow to set-up and very easy to counter. I mean Cho'Gal can damage your turrets before they finish warping in and start doing anything. I don't know if that's an oversight or as intended, I hope it's an oversight. Pylon Overcharge feels like it needs to be base line in Probius' kit, a trait like Rags Molten Core. The wall just seems like a shitty fusion of Earthquake and Force Wall. Cute on maps with lots of choke points but seriously cuts into your only real damage output because you chose that over Pylon Overcharge.

Turbo Charged's passive movement speed boost and Pylon overcharge seem like they're musts.

Alur

Nah he's better than Lunara was. He is at least useful for laning and pushing. Lunara was just booty tier through and through. I suppose she could always lane to some degree, but she was so paper thin I don't know that it mattered.

scoobs

I think it'll be a challenge to make him a competitive hero, just like Gazlowe has taken 2 years to actually make viable (i think he looks busted right now). Having said that, lets give it a week or two.. I've seen HORSEPANTS make him work.

Alur

I think he's alright. Wouldn't call him booty tier from what I've seen. But he does need some QOL, and it starts with his structures being joke level HP.

Top Bottom