• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

scoobs

I don't know that I've ever seen someone who ONLY plays Illidan and has played that many games. He just has no interest in trying another hero lol

Kioshen

I think it's quite ironic that I've been so critical of tanks in na hgc but I don't understand how to play etc yet or any tanks if I'm being honest with myself.

For some reason, lately our group had poor rotations around the maps especially when confronted with a split push comp. Wonder what we're doing wrong. Maybe predict better or do tanks instead of forcing a laning phase. Any ideas ?

Milly79

I think by the time you got on everyone was burnt out at that point because we had been losing so much. I was kind of disappointed that everyone called it so early, but I understand why. Weekend HoTS is by far the worst HoTS, but that's when everyone can settle down for more than 2-3 games at a time.

I don't really know where to point you because I don't watch you all game long, but you need to really stick with heroes you're familiar with.

Milly79

Bracket challenge is up for Heroes of the Dorm.

10k for first place.
500 people get the Cheerleader Kerrigan bundle
Everyone gets a portrait for submitting a bracket

Kioshen

I think by the time you got on everyone was burnt out at that point because we had been losing so much. I was kind of disappointed that everyone called it so early, but I understand why. Weekend HoTS is by far the worst HoTS, but that's when everyone can settle down for more than 2-3 games at a time.

I don't really know where to point you because I don't watch you all game long, but you need to really stick with heroes you're familiar with.

Yeah but then I'd only play ad assassins. Let's be real here, if we queue up in unranked/TL for sure I'd pick only heroes I feel comfortable in but for QM I need to expand my pool a little bit. Forcing myself to play tank a little bit could help my awareness too. Toning down my bloodlust should also help. I'm back to my old habits of forcing too much a kill which get me killed more often than not.

scoobs

Another Kerrigan skin?! God damn blizz, I wanted cheerleader Greymane ;)

2-13* in my last 15 games boys. Living the dream.

EDIT: I WON A GAME. I REPEAT, A GAME HAS BEEN WON. DEHAKA MVP!

Also got that dank ass master skin finally :D
hwrj3DA.jpg

Alur

Played two games, won two games. We will call that successful for today.

Gul'dan and Lucio are like the same type of hero. They either win the game for you or no one gives a fuck about 'em. Super impactful or might as well have been a different hero.

scoobs

We played like 15 games today and it was ... better towards the end for sure haha. Milly and I get the worst, least competitive games ever when we duo.

Alur

It's always been a streaky game, but lately more streaky than usual. We went probably somewhere in the range of 35-10 or better through the middle of the week til Saturday, then it was just a shitshow. What I played last we went 5-5, but the others played more and it was worse. Prior to that huge winning streak I had lost like two out of every three games for the last 20-25 I played with everyone.

Alur

I have a 54.5% winrate across 2114 games according to hotdoggies. When I get that big winstreak it feels good, and the losing streak feels real bad, and with mobas it's hard to remember I'm only supposed to win 54-55% of my games according to my skill level. It evens out, but damn if it isn't painful when it decides to even it out.

scoobs

God Quickmatch is ALL split pushing and suiciding into towers right now, and its working. Every single game I'm playing against some dude just running to some lane pushing to the damn core while my team does nothing.

Alur

It's been pretty disgusting the last few days. Like we all lost a bunch of MMR back to silver or bronze cause that stuff happens there a ton. I hate it. Typically I find my team fails to counter it properly but so long as we do something offensive as well, once they get to the core the strat fails and they just feed and feed til we can win.

Randomly got an Aurie when I queued with Valla and straight bodied people. My only annoyance was people pinging me when I was in dk because I was waiting for 1 of them to tank the keep shots to let me hammer away. Ended up tanking the shots anyway.

scoobs

Ok I've been busy this weekend, 3 master skins in 2 days to add to my collection! I guess Zagara is up next.. time to split push boys

zoukka

lol did my placements just for fun and got Diamond 4 I have no idea if that's good or bad in the current state of the game.

brian!

It's not so bad, for some reason placements cap at d3 so it's pretty much the same as if you aced placements

Whether players are good at that rank is a diff story ofc

zoukka

I did play this game a lot years ago, but now I barely can handle one or two easy heroes. I guess there are fewer players which leads to less competent ladder.

brian!

Yah i cant speak on the hl environment since i dont play it but in qm at least it def feels like ppl havent improved much at all in my 2+ years of playing, i dunno where playercount is at but i always attributed it in part to lack of all-chat (no catcalling of dumb moves from enemies like in dota and league) and the opaqueness of things like the exp system

There has been some organic progression like ppl are kind of getting the hang of lane assignments and stuff but nowhere near the pace of games like league/dota tho. Hots is different granted but a lot of the basics seem to be out of reach for a good chunk of the population

Alur

I did play this game a lot years ago, but now I barely can handle one or two easy heroes. I guess there are fewer players which leads to less competent ladder.

Don't think there's any lack of players. Just a lack of knowledge and progression skill wise for most. People mostly stay where they are and move forward very little. The things that give you a real advantage in this game aren't spelled out or made readily apparent and when you couple that with a player base that is already more casual to begin with, you have hero league.

Kioshen

There's no MMR decay implemented yet. The game had your mmr saved from when you stopped and if you did ok with your placement matches it could have slotted you to where you were last time.

------

Cavalier Guest was just hired by GFE for content creation. That should help the scene a little bit because I've liked his analysis for a while now. Glad he got some recognition and support. Also lol at Udall's guide to nazeebro. He could have omitted that he was a flex player for GFE HoTS and just say he's a player for GFE HoTS.

Milly79

Just now getting around to listening to last weeks THH and scary to think how busted they think W build Varian with taunt is and with the incoming buff to taunt tomorrow how more scary he'll be...

Tomorrow overall has me worried. There are so many changes to heroes that QM is going to be very cancerous for quite a while. I think I'll be sticking to unranked.

kirblar

Apparently there's a healing nerf coming that the Armor changes are in prepation for.

That kinda explains ETC/Muradin, who then get harder to heal relative to other tanks. (and GK is better against them as well.)

brian!

Apparently there's a healing nerf coming that the Armor changes are in prepation for.

That kinda explains ETC/Muradin, who then get harder to heal relative to other tanks. (and GK is better against them as well.)

Yeah i read a comment about this on reddit, this would be great

Kioshen

I'm excited to see how they plant to address the existence of Chromie

Abilities
  • Timewalker (Trait)
  • Increased the level reduction for getting Talents from 2 to 3 levels
  • Screwoobs (Trait)
  • Will now be able to sand blast Scoobs back to Ilios point 2

Alur

This THH was pretty great. Bakery always A+++. Listening to him and Dunk deep dive on random design shit and respectfully debate each other is good stuff. Jake even did a good job stepping out and just kind of prodding them along at times. Was almost like he knew what he was doing as a host for once.

Just now getting around to listening to last weeks THH and scary to think how busted they think W build Varian with taunt is and with the incoming buff to taunt tomorrow how more scary he'll be...

Tomorrow overall has me worried. There are so many changes to heroes that QM is going to be very cancerous for quite a while. I think I'll be sticking to unranked.

I was listening too and was thinking "Tonight I'm gonna play the shit out of that Varian build".

scoobs

Scarecrow Xul is incredible. Highly recommend

Wow, Blizz implemented new rules to quickmatch! Limiting stealth heroes to 1 per team. Warriors and bruisers separated. Tyrande and Tass no longer supports. Dang, love it

Alur

Don't love Tass and Tyrande not counting for supports. Just makes the Medivh thing now possible with two more heroes, and particularly Tyrande who can heal almost as well as a real healer while doing great damage.

Milly79

It depends on talents, honestly. I take the one at four that grants an additional combo point and also if you're taking Assassinate at 7. So here's 3 options:

No combo point, no assassinate: D > W > W > wait > Q > E

Combo point, no assassinate: D > W > W > E > Q

Assassinate, combo point: D > Q > W > E > Q

You're almost never going to use Garrote, unless it's a special circumstance. It's always Q or W in stealth.

Milly79

No idea, haha. It's pretty short though. If you go Q at 13 it makes a large difference as well, but I typically go the stealth speed.

My typical Valeera build is:

1: Vigor or Subtlety. I typically go Vigor over it, but it's useful as well.
4: Initiative
7: Assassinate or the W quest.
10: They're both useful in their own ways
13: Speed in stealth or Death from Above
16: Expose Armor or Thistle Tea
20: Always the D reduction

brian!

Don't love Tass and Tyrande not counting for supports. Just makes the Medivh thing now possible with two more heroes, and particularly Tyrande who can heal almost as well as a real healer while doing great damage.

Yeah id think both need their numbers tweaked to make this qm switch make more sense

I wonder if ppl have gotten support + tyrande + tass

Milly79

Ketch playing HoTS? What is this???

Gul'dan is the real deal. Finally have a good handle on him, I think. I also prefer his Q build over E.

Top Bottom