• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Alur

Pretty sure that's the situation, correct me if I'm wrong.

I legit don't get why you're so fucking hostile about this. You're so caught up on calling people names and acting like a playground bully about people you perceive to be whining about not getting 600 boxes, you are either willfully not seeing or don't care about the forest for the trees.

The situation is that no one should be hosed by the system, regardless of their level. A new player can earn tons of easy loot crates, 65 of them in fact, by just leveling each hero to 2. That should be the same for everyone. It is not, however, because level gain is not flat until you reach level 10...which is probably still the equivalent of level 1-5. Therefore, not only do you get only a cap of 70 crates for all the levels you put in, you also cannot go back and make up that deficit leveling heroes because you already blew through all of the easier reward levels.

For playing the game, we are punished by not having access to the same amount of loot boxes as other people who focused on just a hero or three, or who are new, or who quit, or what have you. That is, by definition, unfair and doesn't really make a whole hell of a lot of sense.

If you don't agree with that, that's fine, but that's stockholm syndrome shit because you're also losing out on that part of the system too.

Alur

That sounds interesting. That'll be our second Azmodunk portrait right? Azmo also has another extra one too. As many portraits as Nova skins lol

Milly79

For real though I want a straight up lighting hero. Not one that has 1 lightning move like cassia and tassadar. Who could they use?

Ketch

The situation is that no one should be hosed by the system, regardless of their level. A new player can earn tons of easy loot crates, 65 of them in fact, by just leveling each hero to 2. That should be the same for everyone. It is not, however, because level gain is not flat until you reach level 10...which is probably still the equivalent of level 1-5. Therefore, not only do you get only a cap of 70 crates for all the levels you put in, you also cannot go back and make up that deficit leveling heroes because you already blew through all of the easier reward levels.

For playing the game, we are punished by not having access to the same amount of loot boxes as other people who focused on just a hero or three, or who are new, or who quit, or what have you. That is, by definition, unfair and doesn't really make a whole hell of a lot of sense.

If you don't agree with that, that's fine, but that's stockholm syndrome shit because you're also losing out on that part of the system too.

You are not being punished. They are not taking anything away from you. In fact what you are getting is worth quite a bit. What you are saying is that the free stuff you are getting is not good enough compared to the free stuff other people get. That's literally you feeling like you're entitled to more.

If you don't agree with that, that's fine, but that's entitled baby shit. And maybe I'm missing out on acting entitled, but I'm fine with that.

kirblar

You are not being punished. They are not taking anything away from you. In fact what you are getting is worth quite a bit. What you are saying is that the free stuff you are getting is not good enough compared to the free stuff other people get. That's literally you feeling like you're entitled to more.

If you don't agree with that, that's fine, but that's entitled baby shit. And maybe I'm missing out on acting entitled, but I'm fine with that.
No, you are.

They are saying your time investment counts less than someone new because you started playing the game earlier. That's not cool.

I understand because of the free tint unlocks you need to compensate for this somehow, but the ratio here seems badly off.

brian!

I think it's more like if you watched a twitch stream for a portrait and some ppl got two portraits and you got one and then they were like yo no worries you can buy chances to get the portrait you missed. And then ppl tell you "youve been playing the game for a while, you prob have portraits that the 2portrait ppl dont have! Be happy that u got the 1 portrait man" but ur still sitting there like yo...but why do they get two and why is the system going to make it harder for me to get this portrait because i play the game a lot?

The hypée is real. I was just playing with two friends who have recently levelled to 40 and was really excited I still really really like the game! Now with the 2.0 it's fantastic for some reason I've always been a sucker spending money on Hots, what a time to come back!

scoobs

So another tale of adventures in QM. I had an Alarak (with a puzzling build I might add) calling GG let them win after most of our team but mostly him fed a little bit before level 7. I tell him we have a late game comp, not to worry, just play a little bit safe and we'll be fine. He replies like this: "Shut up kid, you wouldn't know a late game comp even if you were slapped in the face with it." I reply OK and move on. Our team was Me (Naz), Nova, Leoric, Tracer and Alarak vs Alarak, Dehaka, Valla, Sgt.Hammer and Valeera. What do you know, once we got our heroics and level 13 talents, we kept blowing them up in team fights after team fights. We kept winning objectives now, leoric was landing those great entombs and they never touched our walls ever again.

At the end I said are you happy now? and the rest of the team kept egging him on while we were killing the core as a group. He couldn't say anything because he was still dead in the nexus for 6:41 during a standard 20:13 game on Sky Temple.
Ahhhhh see now this is where I miss having allied chat turned on. I love trolling these people after we win.

I legit don't get why you're so fucking hostile about this. You're so caught up on calling people names and acting like a playground bully about people you perceive to be whining about not getting 600 boxes, you are either willfully not seeing or don't care about the forest for the trees.

No, you are.

They are saying your time investment counts less than someone new because you started playing the game earlier. That's not cool.

I understand because of the free tint unlocks you need to compensate for this somehow, but the ratio here seems badly off.

Exactly, you guys nailed it.

Alur

I don't think she's very exciting. Amazon was my jam in D2 but I played Bowazon.

I've played her in 3 QM games now. Have enjoyed her for the moment, but we'll see how it shakes out. I tend to prefer ranged heroes though so that's part of it.

For real though I want a straight up lighting hero. Not one that has 1 lightning move like cassia and tassadar. Who could they use?

Now that you mention it I don't know. I enjoy the effect on the Q and the ball lightning. Definitely reminds me of Diablo. Would love to see a lightning based hero or spellcaster too.

brian!

The closest thing ive had to that recently was a silenced nazeebo who would spam ping ppl when he died. At the end of the game when we won everyone piled on him by pinging him, kinda funny kinda sad

Alavard

I guess they could do the other elemental counterparts to Ragnaros from Warcraft. The wind/lighting one is called Al'Akir I think?

Alur

I played a game with a troll earlier on PTR that was a fucking virtuoso.

We have a pretty crappy comp, get Leoric vs Diablo and another tank, and early fights aren't going well for nukes on Warhead. Meanwhile, our Azmodan is just blissfully AFK pushing bot. The first few fights we traded even and even got a few nukes, and he'd throw out a "gj" or "wp" and so forth but I didn't really catch what he was doing. We were probably down like 3 or 4 kills at that point despite the good trades. Near level 10 I go to check the opposing Cassia's talents and our Leoric has already died 5 times. He ended up dying 18 in a 20 minute game. Throughout the game, Azmodan encouraged him. Death bell would go off, and Azmo would chuck out "wp" or "gj" or "wow nice" and stuff like that every time he died. After the 10th death he gave him a "keep it up leo doing great". Just the whole game, backhanded complimenting this dude. It was hilarious. At the end, he called Leo a noob, "you only died 18 times in a 20 minute game you have to get better", "we want to see 2 deaths per minute step it up".

I guess they could do the other elemental counterparts to Ragnaros from Warcraft. The wind/lighting one is called Al'Akir I think?

Yeah, Al'Akir is the shaman legendary in HS. Don't know what he is in WoW, don't recall ever seeing him, but that would certainly work. I'd be all over that hero if he had a fresh take on Windfury and lightning/wind effects for his abilities.

Maledict

Al'Akir is the equivalent of Ragnaros for Air, and you fight him in the Throne of air in the Cataclysm expansion. Has a middle eastern, arabian nights feel to his character. More of his abilities are air rather than lightning, but there's still ample room to make the sort of hero you want Milly from him.

Other options would be a D2 sorceress, but that hero is likely to be multi-element if they ever implement her.

kirblar

Al'Akir is the equivalent of Ragnaros for Air, and you fight him in the Throne of air in the Cataclysm expansion. Has a middle eastern, arabian nights feel to his character. More of his abilities are air rather than lightning, but there's still ample room to make the sort of hero you want Milly from him.

Other options would be a D2 sorceress, but that hero is likely to be multi-element if they ever implement her.
The problem they have for lightning in HOTS for a Diablo character is that Lightning's shtick in Diablo is being RNG incarnate.

Lei Shen is the thunder king from Mists. There are more notable Warcraft characters to use first of course but he's got a cool look and would fit the criteria

Bronze Dragonflight use lightning as well but they're more worried about time and chromie will probably be the only Dragon we get from them

d2 assassin could work but might be weird to fit into an assassin class

Shock Web
Charged Bolt Sentry
Lightning Sentry

Kioshen

Yup Al'Akir the Wind lord.

Yeah, Al'Akir is the shaman legendary in HS. Don't know what he is in WoW, don't recall ever seeing him, but that would certainly work. I'd be all over that hero if he had a fresh take on Windfury and lightning/wind effects for his abilities.

He was but he died pretty quickly iirc. He was one of the big 4 elemental lords along with Neptulon and Therazane.

Cass' level 20 ball lightning heroic talent seems OP where it bounces infinitely and reduces the CD by 4s per bounce.

It really seems broken considering you can keep bouncing it on yourself and one enemy plus you have active armor while moving.

brian!

Since they named diablo's fire breath lightning breath for some reason they might as well make a firebat character that shoot lightning

Xeilyn

JWVnOLe.jpg
Greymane is so fun, Auriel kept me going forever

Maledict

Well the formal name is Lighting Inferno. We all just call it that because it felt like he was spraying the damn stuff everywhere in D2, and it was by far and away his deadliest attack.

brian!

I might be wrong but
It depends i guess, when 2.0 drops master skins will be a rare drop, so if your rng comes correct then you might luck out. If you are a newer player you will have the oppurtunity for lots of chests so that might be the way to go. I think you can use gems to get it too, but only when it's a featured item? On the other hand spending the gold now makes it a sure thing + you get the tints if you are into that. Just know that the master skins are a step above common in rarity with the incoming loot boxes, i imagine tho that the chances are pretty slim that youll get a specific skin you're aiming for

Vimes

I might be wrong but
It depends i guess, when 2.0 drops master skins will be a rare drop, so if your rng comes correct then you might luck out. If you are a newer player you will have the oppurtunity for lots of chests so that might be the way to go. I think you can use gems to get it too, but only when it's a featured item? On the other hand spending the gold now makes it a sure thing + you get the tints if you are into that. Just know that the master skins are a step above common in rarity with the incoming loot boxes, i imagine tho that the chances are pretty slim that youll get a specific skin you're aiming for

Thanks, this helps. I think I'm going to grab Jaina's and Hammer's before the update then. I hate RNG.

I would save all your gold to unlock current/future heroes. From what I remember seeing, it costs 750 gems to unlock a 10,000 gold / $10 hero. It only costs 100 shits to unlock one tint of a master skin.

Is gold payout going to get stingier? Bloody hell, there's so much info to untangle, and uncertainty around how the deliberate f2p pain will be tuned.

Yeah, the issue for some ppl is that the retroactive boxes they get (which have a capped amount), combined with the snail-like speed that itll take for them to get new boxes due to hero level ends up favoring newer players or players who have a decent amount of low level heroes in their pool (basically if u spread yourself out playing heroes vs. maining gazlowe the latter will get a much better drop oppurtunity for example). It dont mean much to me personally but i can empathize w/ ppl who read the changes and realized that the system "punishes" them compared to other players kind of arbitrarily

Oh man that suuucks.

Its understandable tho because you get to keep the alternate colors of characters/mounts/skins compared to newer players who have to buy them separately.

Hrmm. Im still reserved on it. I like the idea that masters dont require 10.

Alur

Is gold payout going to get stingier? Bloody hell, there's so much info to untangle, and uncertainty around how the deliberate f2p pain will be tuned.

Don't buy them unless you love all 3 tints. Way cheaper after update. Save that gold for rerolls and heroes.

Vimes

Yeah I just popped in and grabbed Jaina's Master because I love all the colors, but got cold feet on Hammer since the black tint is the only good one. My remaining 10k is probably better spent on unlocking Probius.

Vimes

How long until we get Heroes 3.0/4.0 with ancient gems and primal ancient gems?

Loot boxes made me like Overwatch less than if it'd had no progression system at all; so if the RNG is tuned that badly in Heroes, the only way they could upset me more is if they brought back Artifacts.

Top Bottom