• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Zackat

I wanna take everything with a grain of salt since it is near april first, but that looked like Orisa. But she wasn't in her base skin? Strange. 10 v 1? PvE Mode? Was that a crazy Ragnaros skin or a new hero?

there was a lot of shit in that video

the invisible mount was too strange for it to be real lol

Maledict

Well its clearly a joke, as Blizzard don#t release skins that change a characters appearance THAT much - but it's quite a well done one. I was impressed!

Alavard

That's a bizarre video. So many things look off and fake, but there's also some stuff that looks good enough to be real. The opening transition on the 10v1 mode looks really nice, but Talandar especially looks weird. Like maybe it's just his actual SC2 model dropped in.

Milly79

Yeah, I don't even want to play another one of these brawls. 2700 stacks vs their 2400 and we lose because we had feeders. I had over 400k siege. Pathetic.

scoobs

So quickmatch is going well today. Standard feeds.
lXssBCp.jpg

Ketch

The fact they announced this so close to the chinese april fools joke had me legit confused.

So will people like start dropping these at the start of a match to be like look guys IM TRUSTWORTHY or will this be the new B-step BM

Definitely BM. It's basically lifted from league and it's just used for bm there.

kirblar

The fact they announced this so close to the chinese april fools joke had me legit confused.

So will people like start dropping these at the start of a match to be like look guys IM TRUSTWORTHY or will this be the new B-step BM
Both! Though they're very much intended to be the latter.
Huh, Artanis has both blue and green colored psi-blades, but is in his base skin. Odd. I mean I know what that represents, lore-wise, it's just new, that's all.
One of Artanis's new skins has that gauntlet on his offhand.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So when they say they are getting rid of master skins, does this mean those will no longer be available, or that they will be available to everyone, not just "masters"?

I want Master Sonya. She looks so much better.

kirblar

So when they say they are getting rid of master skins, does this mean those will no longer be available, or that they will be available to everyone, not just "masters"?

Everyone can get them now.

Alavard

One of Artanis's new skins has that gauntlet on his offhand.

Thanks. Man, I'm really missing things lately.

Also, the video would have been more useful if it showed different tiers of the same hero rather than switching to a new hero for each tier.

Dreavus

TAUNT MASTERY SYSTEM: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20638785

Why did they replace Master Skin? No one was buying them.

Great change.

Yeah, this bit from the page:
These issues combined resulted in far fewer players unlocking and using master skins in-game than we had expected. Most players who had access to master skins did not unlock them, and most players who did unlock them would not primarily use that skin during their matches.
...Is pretty "damning" (if we're being dramatic).

I don't really have a dog in the master skin fight but I'll be happy to pick up my favs without breaking the gold bank.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Murky master skin was worth it, but other than that yeah I always got a new character instead.

scoobs

I have like 15 master skins, so it's kind of a bummer but at the same time I ended up using the cooler pay skins over them in most cases anyways.

I do wonder if they'll even bother with creating would-be master skins for new hero releases going forward though... like will we just get the normal skin + another skin now? Or will they keep making master skin variants?

Alur

Its basically a Xenomorph, and its amazing. No other skin matters, this is the apex.

It's amazing. I saw some folks complaining it didn't have new abilities but I don't really get that. It didn't need to have different abilities (for me at least). Just the amount of work that went into the model and the run animation along make it one of the best skins in the game.

According to this i'm gonna be account lvl 428 and i'll get 61 boxes.

How are you actually going backwards in account level? I just did yours too and got 428, but you are 441 now. It shouldn't go backwards because you have 9 heroes at level 9 (which goes to 11, so that should be a +18 for you) and 6 heroes at level 10 (which goes to level 15, which should be a +30 for you).

So you should have 441 + 18 + 30, but somehow it's calculating you going backwards. I don't get it. I'm pretty sure you're moving up not down though.

First thing im gonna do is lvl up all my low level heroes to get all the free boxes that alur is missing out on

JuaT9jr.png

Looks like I'm going from 624 to 821 and getting 68 boxes.

You can buy a tint of a master skin for 100 shards in 2.0. 100 shards is pretty easy to get, so you can get them til your heart is content so long as you weren't saving for something else. Only takes a few boxes to build up that many, less of course if you already own a good number of skins/heroes/mounts.

I like the change myself. Now I can level my heroes in master style.

I do wonder if they'll even bother with creating would-be master skins for new hero releases going forward though... like will we just get the normal skin + another skin now? Or will they keep making master skin variants?

I would think they'd have to in order to keep loot box quotas more or less even between new and old heroes, but who knows really. I wouldn't be shocked either way.

Ketch

Maybe his thing is fucked up?

Also where were you able to see my hero levels? I tried hitslogs but couldn't find it there. Had to go in game.

Are you counting lvl 1 as a box? Because i don't think that counts

Also, I don't think anything about gold is changing. Except you can't buy master skins with it. Maybe no more gold mounts either?

Alur

I wonder if our present gold will turn into shards.

Gold stays the same. You can use it to reroll your boxes or buy heroes after the change and it's still earned at the same rate as it is right now. The only difference is you can't buy master skins with it anymore, but that's a positive because they are now way cheaper.

Maybe his thing is fucked up?

Also where were you able to see my hero levels? I tried hitslogs but couldn't find it there. Had to go in game.

Are you counting lvl 1 as a box? Because i don't think that counts

No, I'm not talking about boxes. I'm talking about strictly levels.

I'm just saying you are account level 441 in game. Due to having level 9 and level 10 heroes, your hero level should advance not fall. You get the same amount of levels in 2.0 for any heroes level 1 through 8, and starting at 9 they will be worth more levels in the switch.

You have 9 level 9 heroes, which is 99 levels in the swap but only 81 levels right now. You also have 6 level 10 heroes which is 90 levels, but is only worth 60 levels now. So it doesn't make sense that it's saying you are losing levels. You should be gaining them.

kirblar

Blizzard is having a clearance in the gear store. Bikini Stitches Plushie (+ Skin) is ten bucks, and the T-shirts are 5 for 25.

Ketch

I don't know. Maybe I screwed it up? I just opened hero select in game and counted up how many heroes I have at each level. Maybe I miss counted.

Where did you get your numbers to enter in for yourself?

I didn't add in my player account level, that's probably it.

I'll do it again and screen shot my spreadsheet.

Alur

I don't know. Maybe I screwed it up? I just opened hero select in game and counted up how many heroes I have at each level. Maybe I miss counted.

Where did you get your numbers to enter in for yourself?

I didn't add in my player account level, that's probably it.

I'll do it again and screen shot my spreadsheet.

We're having a breakdown in communications here. In my first post I said I did yours and got the exact same results. I also said why it has to be wrong. Your actual account level has nothing to do with it.

Something is not calculating properly. I don't know why or what, but there's no way you should be going down in levels because of the heroes you have above the threshold which are going to be moved up.

Blizzard is having a clearance in the gear store. Bikini Stitches Plushie (+ Skin) is ten bucks, and the T-shirts are 5 for 25.

Wow, thanks for the heads up! I might have to nab one of those Arthas or Tyrael figures since they are $5.50 now.

Ketch

We're having a breakdown in communications here. In my first post I said I did yours and got the exact same results. I also said why it has to be wrong. Your actual account level has nothing to do with it.

Something is not calculating properly. I don't know why or what, but there's no way you should be going down in levels because of the heroes you have above the threshold which are going to be moved up.

Wow, thanks for the heads up! I might have to nab one of those Arthas or Tyrael figures since they are $5.50 now.

You can see the equation in the sheet though, so... should be able to see where the calculation is wrong.

Alur

I'm no math guru, lol. Equations may as well be Mandarin to me.

But logical deduction can tell you that if every level 1 through 8 is still the same, but every level 9 through 20 is worth more levels, by having 15 heroes that are above that level 9 threshold your number HAS to go up. It can't go down.

scoobs

The taunts look dumb. It's the normal taunt with a dumb shield thing above you. They can do better than that.

Ketch

I'm no math guru, lol. Equations may as well be Mandarin to me.

But logical deduction can tell you that if every level 1 through 8 is still the same, but every level 9 through 20 is worth more levels, by having 15 heroes that are above that level 9 threshold your number HAS to go up. It can't go down.

Are you sure you got my current lvl correct?

Alur

Are you sure you got my current lvl correct?

Look in your profile in game. It says

TOTAL HERO LEVEL: 441

The taunts look dumb. It's the normal taunt with a dumb shield thing above you. They can do better than that.

Yeah, I'm underwhelmed. I really thought it'd be custom taunts. Maybe in the future, I guess? Those shields are almost as indistinguishable as the dumb hero portraits we get for each season.

Top Bottom