• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hex: Shards of Fate MMOTCG - Closed Beta Thread

Luigi87

I'm enjoying hearthstone a lot, but I get the feeling I will use up its fun within another week or so. More friends getting in has helped that.

I've played multiple CCGs before so I'm sure they can co-exist peacefully

Look at the spoiler list on hextcg.com and let the cards speak to you

I definitely am looking at them
I suppose what I mean more is not what cards to use (because that would be a rather ridiculous question), but rather proper deck construction and resource management (troops, to actions, to resources)... Yet as I write this, it comes off silly even to me...

Edit: Invite GET!

Doikor

It sounds like you can play against people from other regions (in just the global tournaments?), but trading and anything you obtain in your game can only move acroos your specific region? So if you had a friend outside the US/Europe you couldn't trade items to them. See the quote from the article here:

Hmmh what about the PvE part? Was kinda hoping to be able to do raids with my US friends too.

edit: I got an invite too

Ryuukan

Hmmh what about the PvE part? Was kinda hoping to be able to do raids with my US friends too.

Everything is the same for US and Europe (unless you're in Russia)

The regional tourneys are different due to timezones

Minsc

Gold Member

I doubt it going by the text. Each region's servers are going to be unique instances of the game and possibly even have promotions/offers not on the other regions, maybe even unique cards (in PVE) are possible via these promotions who knows.

Thinking about it, it probably makes little sense to have those regions mixing anyway, due to language barriers.

Ryuukan

I doubt it going by the text. Each region's servers are going to be unique instances of the game and possibly even have promotions/offers not on the other regions, maybe even unique cards (in PVE) are possible via these promotions who knows.

Thinking about it, it probably makes little sense to have those regions mixing anyway, due to language barriers.

Cory confirmed on the hex forums that US and Europe will share everything other than the tourneys

Minsc

Gold Member
Cory confirmed on the hex forums that US and Europe will share everything other than the tourneys

Do you have a link? The update says only global tournaments will be in a shared environment.

Well the image from that article shows that US/Europe are the same region, so I assumed that much :p I am guessing people located in the different location circles will be unable to trade with each other / do PVE / etc, except for global tournaments.

It makes sense they split the regional tournaments between US / Europe too, since large the time difference would make it unfair, but at least US / Europe appear to be able to play together otherwise.

Edit: I see the confusion I caused on my part, I responded to Doikor who's probably from Europe, when I meant to reference the general issue of any Hex player trading with another Hex player, which doesn't seem to be allowed if they're from different regions in that image.

Shinjica

I honestly dont like the fact that you cannot trade cards with other regions.

Why make platinium value if they divide the market?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I honestly dont like the fact that you cannot trade cards with other regions.

Why make platinium value if they divide the market?

I'm gonna go with server stability.

Also, MMO's have never all been on the same server, so this doesn't surprise me, even though it's not a traditional MMO.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
MTGO is all on the same server!? U can trade with people in Japan, and Play with anyone during tournaments.

MTGO is WAY less ambitious than Hex though. Their client is essentially a 1990-program that rule-checks and has an auction house. It's a clusterfuck.

MTGO is WAY less ambitious than Hex though. Their client is essentially a 1990-program that rule-checks and has an auction house. It's a clusterfuck.

It's not even really an auction house. It is simple binder trading that people have hacked on bots to interact with.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

Also, MMO's have never all been on the same server, so this doesn't surprise me, even though it's not a traditional MMO.

Also, this could make it easier for CZE to make a real world auction house - they could make one that abides by the different laws of each region - so that if one region doesn't really allow it, then that won't stop one region from having it.

KuroNeeko

Awesome! Congrats, Wave 2!

I actually think the wait between waves 2 & 3 will be shorter than 1 & 2. It all really depends on the changes they've made to the server. If they hold, and they've revamped the architecture to hold more players (as they should) then once they've confirmed servers are stable the next wave will hopefully go out.

I'm not crazy about the announcement concerning their publishers, but it makes sense. I'm concerned about what's going to happen to other regions, namely Japan, but I hope they'll group us with NA like Blizzard does.

Didn't he mention there would be more cards coming out with this update? I'm more interested in that!

I was fortunate(?) enough to get into the Hearthstone beta about a week ago, and I really enjoy it, but I know this game will consume me, even in the Alpha. Having a full set of cards to work with is just...too good.

It seems like Cory still has absolute control over Hex and its content, so far now I guess I'll just trust in his pitch and hope it works out. They haven't given me any reason to doubt their game on a conceptual level, so hurry up and give me dat key!

Shrennin

I actually think the wait between waves 2 & 3 will be shorter than 1 & 2. It all really depends on the changes they've made to the server. If they hold, and they've revamped the architecture to hold more players (as they should) then once they've confirmed servers are stable the next wave will hopefully go out.

As someone who was part of Wave 1, I agree. The Alpha Client is so, so, so much more stable than it was when Alpha started.

Shinjica

I think most of the people outside EU/US will join our server for more popolation and this will be bad for the other server.

I read on the official forum that some people are not happy with gameforge partnership. Someone know what they have done in the past?

Doikor

Does this game currently have a tutorial and or play vs AI system in place?

EDIT: Just saw the youtube link in the OP.

There is the play vs AI but its kinda buggy (either the AI or the game itself). For like 50% of the games I've played against the bot it gets stuck at some point and there is nothing you can do except quit the game.

Luigi87

Yeah the AI games will usually freeze up more often than naught it seems.
The coin toss is also always tails against AI, so it always goes first.

mercviper

Played a few, okay a lot, of games last night and realized a couple of things. Bun'Jitsu's champion power is not the same as the current description in the deckbuilder. There's a different description in game via the mouseover. It creates 2 aboms out of it, their power/toughness are only the sum of their combined parts (not +2), and they keep some but not all of their original powers. For example, if you use a Claw of the Mountain God as one of the abominations, then it loses the power where it deals 2 damage to you at the end of the turn. Socketed cards keep their abilities, and any permanent effects like Inner Conflict continue to affect them as well.

Makes for a very strong aggro deck since you can be swinging with two 7/6s on turn 5 if they don't have an answer lol.

New patch is out. They seem to think they solved the priority bug so that's cool, along with other stability issues. Maybe Kings get in soon.

Shrennin

New update is out - nothing really major was announced, except for the server that will be set up for people who wish to "burn the Hex client" to the ground in order to test server stability and security.

KHarvey16

New update is out - nothing really major was announced, except for the server that will be set up for people who wish to "burn the Hex client" to the ground in order to test server stability and security.

I really like that idea, I think it's pretty smart.

Also, forum update saying "draft client" is coming along. But otherwise pretty slow week.

Shrennin

I really like that idea, I think it's pretty smart.

Me too. It was mentioned to clarify that "alpha testing" does not involve hacking and that people who like to do that sort of thing will get their chance to on a private server without any personal information in order to test security, server stability, etc.

Honestly, surprised no gaming company has thought about that before.

Also, forum update saying "draft client" is coming along. But otherwise pretty slow week.

Really, really looking forward to the draft client.

As someone with only a very recent interest in card games and therefore almost 0 experience, is there much point jumping into this game at the moment? By the looks of it the game is mostly just player vs player at the moment where I assume I would get crushed game after game?

Thanks in advance for any input you have.

Minsc

Gold Member
Have they said how draft will work in Hex?

Yes, see here. At the beginning they'll have competitive, casual and swiss play drafts. They're all the kind where you set aide a few hours for the subsequent matches and then share a dozen or so boosters between everyone to make decks picking one card and passing the remainders to the next player, not like Hearthstone's Arena where you play at your leisure independent of others. It's much more strategic since you can see what cards and colors other players are taking.

Minsc

Gold Member
I don't think all Kings yet... I checked quick on their forums and didn't see any announcement. No e-mails yet either. Is the Hex client supposed to be somewhere on their site or just in the invite e-mail? I feel like someone posted it here at one point.

Ryuukan

I don't think all Kings yet... I checked quick on their forums and didn't see any announcement. No e-mails yet either. Is the Hex client supposed to be somewhere on their site or just in the invite e-mail? I feel like someone posted it here at one point.

There will be a link in the email.
It took a few hours last time they had a wave for me to get mine.

Going by their twitter, it's all Kings and invites are being sent throughout the day.

Top Bottom