• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hex: Shards of Fate MMOTCG - Closed Beta Thread

Minsc

Gold Member
My goodness, like every keep name I can think of is already taken... how many people are in this alpha already? Are people registering like 20 keeps each, or do I have the worst luck lol.

Emitan

Made a keep couldnt figure out how to make a deck so I closed the client and logged back in, Made me recreate a keep but the original name I used is now taken!?

My goodness, like every keep name I can think of is already taken... how many people are in this alpha already? Are people registering like 20 keeps each, or do I have the worst luck lol.

Made a keep couldnt figure out how to make a deck so I closed the client and logged back in, Made me recreate a keep but the original name I used is now taken!?

There is currently a bug where Keep Names are pretty messed up. I'd honestly just wait until they fix it because people are reporting that it works randomly, and may spit you out with a random keep name you typed in.

Emitan

There is currently a bug where Keep Names are pretty messed up. I'd honestly just wait until they fix it because people are reporting that it works randomly, and may spit you out with a random keep name you typed in.

Oh if that's the case I'll just wait until tomorrow.

Minsc

Gold Member

I see:

For those of you who have submitted a keep name and then tried to submit another keep name, only to be told that your second keep name has been taken, you are getting that error because your request for your first keep name is still in queue. If you close your client, this does not reset your request. That means you also do not have to wait with the client open in order to create your account. You're free to close the client and go about your day (or night).

For those of you in-line to have your account created, the current best option is to wait it out. We have some ways to optimize the process for the future, but all these fixes basically require us to restart the process for all the users. We apologize for the wait and appreciate the patience you're showing, and thank you again for helping us test this process for alpha.

I guess I wait, at least that explains why every obscure name I could think of was 'already taken' to my surprise.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
How long am I gonna have to stare at this "Account is being created" screen...

Looks like I'll have to wait till tomorrow, still no invite. But from the looks of it, people aren't getting into the game either (the new guys).

Smiley90

Looks like I'll have to wait till tomorrow, still no invite. But from the looks of it, people aren't getting into the game either (the new guys).

Nope, not getting it. Problem with keep names yeah. They said they'll update us tomorrow morning :(

Smiley90

Finally got in! and won my first game against another person after it bugged out. :lol (Pass Priority bug? as in, i clicked pass priority but the game just got stuck. I was winning badly at that point though)

My keep name (i guess that's what we share?) is Nagapur

Yes, from The Last Remnant. If anyone's wondering. :p

Emitan

Wanted to play against the AI for my first game and got the Pass Priority bug. Saw a post on the forums that others are getting it too. I was hoping that was gone.

Well, I'm an idiot. Apparently I signed up for Kickstarter with a never used email account and the invite got sent there. I blame Facebook sign-in.....

Regardless, setting up now. :)

Yeah running into a lot of the bugs, but enjoying myself. I feel bad for not already have a deck idea to test out.

I really really like what I am seeing of both the UI and the AI though. Just wish I could help test cards.

Considering I had a pretty expensive (for me) level of backing, I am seriously amused that I'm in the last group of people invited. Or rather, that there were so many people already in the alpha when it hadn't even reached my pledge level yet.

sammich

I came in here to ask about the email i got about entry to the slacker backer tier. I cant open those links above :( Im gonna cross my fingers and hope for the best O_O

Brakara

Does that includes slacker backers or just kickstarter backers?

Hopefully all. Here's their wording:

We have now invited every single HEX:Shards of Fate backer into Alpha

A slacker backer is a backer, right?

Edit: also, considering they're sending out 15k invites today, and there was around 6k below the $50 tier, I think it's safe to say everybody's in.

JesseZao

Maybe I'm just not the market for this since Hearthstone and MtG:DotP have spoiled me with value, but as I understand it, if you get in the alpha/beta, you have to spend money to test the game? Is there any sort of F2P earn through playing?

Minsc

Gold Member
Maybe I'm just not the market for this since Hearthstone and MtG:DotP have spoiled me with value, but as I understand it, if you get in the alpha/beta, you have to spend money to test the game? Is there any sort of F2P earn through playing?

Pretty sure Alpha has all cards unlocked for testing, no money involved. F2P aspect in Hex comes from PVE which will probably not be in the alpha or beta I'd guess.

Don't people like to complain Hearthstone just is a huge grind after you do your dailies and pretty much forces you to play 50 games or spend real money to continue each round in the Arena?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hex get. Ready to be kicked down and abused by all these high tier backer players.

JesseZao

Pretty sure Alpha has all cards unlocked for testing, no money involved. F2P aspect in Hex comes from PVE which will probably not be in the alpha or beta I'd guess.

Don't people like to complain Hearthstone just is a huge grind after you do your dailies and pretty much forces you to play 50 games or spend real money to continue each round in the Arena?

Well, if you're good at arena it's not a big deal :D. I don't plan to spend any money on the game.

Good to hear about Hex. I would love to have a second card game to play that's a bit deeper.

Corsick

Guys.....I just got in. I am beyond excited and haven't been this hyped for something in a long time. Damn, seeing that email made me run inside to my room twice as fast! See you guys in there hopefully!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Guys.....I just got in. I am beyond excited and haven't been this hyped for something in a long time. Damn, seeing that email made me run inside to my room twice as fast! See you guys in there hopefully!

Have fun working out bugs with everyone :D

Top Bottom