• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hex: Shards of Fate MMOTCG - Closed Beta Thread

Ryuukan

There's a "hardware reconfiguration" on Monday to ready hextcg.com for male enhancement supplement sales

Added myself to that spreadsheet thing too

mercviper

Redeeming my KS rewards now. Excitement!

Edit: Curse of Oblivion seems like it should go in every sideboard and possibly most main decks. :eek:

Beepos

Awesome we can now claim are prizes and start making decks. Question though, with my Kickstarter reward boosters, are they just for set 1? Is it possible to save boosters and open them as set 2 cards later or should I just open them all now?

Awesome we can now claim are prizes and start making decks. Question though, with my Kickstarter reward boosters, are they just for set 1? Is it possible to save boosters and open them as set 2 cards later or should I just open them all now?

Just set 1, we got some set 2 and 3 boosters through stretch goals but that's a ways away

StMeph

So I played a Master Theorcrafter, who creates a War Bot. I then tap Eurig to turn that War Bot into a War Hulk. But the Hulk is still voided at the end of turn. Is that intended behavior?

I thought New Name = New Card, including all CIP effects and other former status effects or even counters/charges? Evidently not. But not sure if it's working as intended.

How often are beta invites going out? I signed up a few weeks ago when the gates we're opened (and I'm not a KS backer). I really want to play this having spent a million hours playing magic and a million more playing Hearthstone.

Ryuukan

How often are beta invites going out? I signed up a few weeks ago when the gates we're opened (and I'm not a KS backer). I really want to play this having spent a million hours playing magic and a million more playing Hearthstone.

CZE hasn't sent any out themselves, but there have been giveaways from other sites and twitch streams

Minsc

Gold Member
Will this game be PC only, or will it have an Android version at full release?

Definitely not at release, I highly doubt it anyway. Much like Hearthstone, down the road. Only a lot further down the road I'd imagine (hearthstone was only ~1 month, this I'd expect like 6-12), due to the higher complexity and much larger PVE elements.

I don't even think they've started internally playing on tablets, afaik, though I may be mistaken. Blizzard was doing that for quite a while, as Hearthstone was pretty much made with tablets in mind the whole way through.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Definitely not at release, I highly doubt it anyway. Much like Hearthstone, down the road. Only a lot further down the road I'd imagine (hearthstone was only ~1 month, this I'd expect like 6-12), due to the higher complexity and much larger PVE elements.

I don't even think they've started internally playing on tablets, afaik, though I may be mistaken. Blizzard was doing that for quite a while, as Hearthstone was pretty much made with tablets in mind the whole way through.

to be fair, Hearthstone was in a not-really-beta for a LONG time. So "1 month" after release isn't actually after release, and Hex is MUCH more of an actual beta than Hearthstone ever was.

IllumiNate

There are certain places online that have people selling beta keys for $20. Search and ye shal find.

Hearthstone was only one month what?
He's asking about android support.

Minsc

Gold Member
Hearthstone was only one month what?
He's asking about android support.

True, I mixed up tablet support and android support, didn't realize that until after. 1 month to iPad support, still waiting for Android with Hearthstone, but it should come later this year.

I don't think Hex will have that problem, as I don't believe they're targeting iPad ahead of Android like Hearthstone did. That said, Android is a lot trickier to develop for with the 10-dozen different resolutions and spec layouts, and Hex's UI leaves a lot to be desired on a smaller screen I feel. I'm curious how it would function 1:1 on a 5" phone, probably not well. So hopefully when Android was mentioned earlier it was in substitute for a tablet, not a phone.

Arveene

Neo Member
So I played a Master Theorcrafter, who creates a War Bot. I then tap Eurig to turn that War Bot into a War Hulk. But the Hulk is still voided at the end of turn. Is that intended behavior?

I thought New Name = New Card, including all CIP effects and other former status effects or even counters/charges? Evidently not. But not sure if it's working as intended.

Nope, transform effects won't change permanent effects already on the card. I was doing some bug testing with Trial of Faith and noticed that the angels that came into play had the buffs from inspire before they were transformed.

Aselith

Is Soul Marble a legendary? It's my favorite card and I'm all about the white decks. I need my Soul Marble-kun!

Edit: Looked it up and it's a rare! That'll make getting 4 easier.

Ryuukan

Is Soul Marble a legendary? It's my favorite card and I'm all about the white decks. I need my Soul Marble-kun!

Edit: Looked it up and it's a rare! That'll make getting 4 easier.

Do you know the taste of Nature Reigns on the 9th activation of Soul Marble, I can't wait to find out

Aselith

Do you know the taste of Nature Reigns on the 9th activation of Soul Marble, I can't wait to find out

Y U DO THIS THING

Response:

image.php

Arveene

Neo Member

Mmmmm. If it works anything like MTG, activating it again before it Nature Reigns resolves should allow you to transform it still. Nature Reigns is one reason I don't dump all of my mana into it at once. If you got +1 the mana you need to activate it, you should be able to play around Nature Reigns. Of course you could just use Nature Reigns before that situation happens.

Lol, can't get on until later tonight, can almost guarantee they'll be down by then. My confidence in CZE's technical expertise is...card-thin.

Arveene

Neo Member
Well, let's see what kind of response we get for this. Quote to see the signup link on challonge.

If we get enough people, I'd be up for putting up some boosters for a prize or something.

Minsc

Gold Member
Have we past the point of things looking really embarrassing yet? This is getting a bit silly, time to fire some people and hire new ones or something.

Oh wait, I know... this is all just valuable, intentional information being collected, meant to happen so down the road things can run properly. Just like how they ran the servers off a few home PCs before moving them to a server farm so there'd never be any load issues jumping up to such higher end machines. :p

Have we past the point of things looking really embarrassing yet? This is getting a bit silly, time to fire some people and hire new ones or something.

Oh wait, I know... this is all just valuable, intentional information being collected, meant to happen so down the road things can run properly. Just like how they ran the servers off a few home PCs before moving them to a server farm so there'd never be any load issues jumping up to such higher end machines. :p

Can't tell which side you fall on!

StMeph

Everyone's upset because they want to play, and the structural problems are a poor sign of technical proficiency for CZE, but I am not sure that it's embarrassing. I am not saying the results are acceptable, but I am saying that it -- sadly -- is not unusual because basically every other dev fails here too. Blizzard still can't get launches right and they've done it way more times. I think we're usually amazed when a game goes live and everything runs smoothly.

On that note, Trion Worlds has always been impressive there, as I remember Rift to be the technically smoothest launch I've ever participated in.

Ryuukan

It feels like the root of the problem is that GameForge is doing 100% of the coding and exists in a completely separate workday (Germany to California) from the "admins" aka CZE. Its like two monkeys driving a car, one on the wheel, and one working the pedals.

Minsc

Gold Member
It feels like the root of the problem is that GameForge is doing 100% of the coding and exists in a completely separate workday (Germany to California) from the "admins" aka CZE. Its like two monkeys driving a car, one on the wheel, and one working the pedals.

Yeah, I was just having a little fun. I'm sure they'll get it working eventually, but I wouldn't put my money down on it being soon or up for good when it returns. Really just funny to see the mode back after being down for almost a week, then go down an hour or so later. Not to say this isn't a little concerning for fans to see happen either, it does give the image of ineptitude the longer things remain broken and more times they go down. Hearthstone sure had it's share of complaints for having the couple of outstanding bugs it had for many months until (and even shortly after) release.

Brakara

Have they said anything about when slacker backers will get our free starter deck? Will probably go for a second orc deck to get a decent aggro deck, or should I go for something else (like human)?

Top Bottom