• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hex: Shards of Fate MMOTCG - Closed Beta Thread

havocau

Neo Member
Awesome dude!

I definitely have to go through the broadcast and put a bunch of stuff on youtube, a bunch of amazing games, especially that one :)

anyway, time to finally sleep xD

Kyuur

Well, right now i'm reading a thread about a guy who is not happy about the draft because in his match he was mana flooded.

Things are getting really ridiculous from both part.

I was reading that thread earlier, I literally could not believe it was a real post at first. The fact he was attacking the draft format for an inherit part of the game... I just don't know.

I just lost a draft match because I had 0 seconds left, my opponent had only 1 HP left, no creatures, and I was already in my turn and could see the "attack" button. I would have needed 5 more seconds to win the match and both of us were under 1:30 minutes left.

... The time limit is kinda cutting it close for 3 match tournaments and I am really angry about this right now.

On one hand I feel your pain, that does suck when it happens. On the other hand, with the current timer you can have drafts that last up to 4 hours, which is a pretty crazy window to get invested in. Even a bump up to 40 minutes per player would increase that time by another potential hour.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I was reading that thread earlier, I literally could not believe it was a real post at first. The fact he was attacking the draft format for an inherit part of the game... I just don't know.

On one hand I feel your pain, that does suck when it happens. On the other hand, with the current timer you can have drafts that last up to 4 hours, which is a pretty crazy window to get invested in. Even a bump up to 40 minutes per player would increase that time by another potential hour.

Yeah, but... 5 minutes more would already be WAY more reasonable than 25. If both players are below 1:30 in a normal play session of 3 matches... Or how about not making the 25 minutes per tournament round? 10-15 minutes per match would make more sense.

Ryuukan

14 hour stream! *dies*
some CRAZY awesome games were had, in the 4 drafts I did today I came 2nd 3 times and 1st once.

Thanks to everyone who came and joined in the fun and congrats to the winners of the giveaways

I joined your stream and you didnt say hi

Arveene

Neo Member
Yeah, but... 5 minutes more would already be WAY more reasonable than 25. If both players are below 1:30 in a normal play session of 3 matches... Or how about not making the 25 minutes per tournament round? 10-15 minutes per match would make more sense.

I hate to be that guy, but a match consists of sets. There are three sets in a match. I was actually really confused for a little bit there and had to go back to read your previous posts to figure out what the hell you were trying to say. I do agree though, a five minute bump up on the match timer would be nice. If the UI wasn't so clunky, 25 minutes should be plenty for a match though. I've noticed plenty of times the timer counts down after you've passed priority. Also, there are many cards (Soul Marble, Inquisition, probably anything where an opponent chooses something in your hand) will count down YOUR timer. While I doubt many opponents do it intentionally, that's gotten me close to hitting the match timer before.

I thought it was some form of satire at first considering that guy has been attacking people and spouting out stuff about how it's a beta blah blah blah in response to others criticizing the game,

Jumped right into it - after trying out each of the starter sets vs. AI to get an idea of some cards and the UI, I joined a draft. Ended up actually winning and even got a primal pack from it - quite the start!

The final match ended on a low though, my opponent claimed he bugged out. Not sure if that was true or if he was just angry cause I was about to force him to kill off creatures, including a Flock of Seagulls, by blocking a creature with the -1/-1 to blockers gem in it via Pheromones, but I wasn't going to concede just because he says he is bugged.

Arveene

Neo Member
Jumped right into it - after trying out each of the starter sets vs. AI to get an idea of some cards and the UI, I joined a draft. Ended up actually winning and even got a primal pack from it - quite the start!

The final match ended on a low though, my opponent claimed he bugged out. Not sure if that was true or if he was just angry cause I was about to force him to kill off creatures, including a Flock of Seagulls, by blocking a creature with the -1/-1 to blockers gem in it via Pheromones, but I wasn't going to concede just because he says he is bugged.

If an actual bug caused him to lose, he can just submit a ticket and get his full draft entry refunded. Losing to bugs goes both ways. What did he say was bugged? What was he trying to do?

If an actual bug caused him to lose, he can just submit a ticket and get his full draft entry refunded. Losing to bugs goes both ways. What did he say was bugged? What was he trying to do?

After I attacked with my creatures (including the one with Pheromones, so all of his minions had to block that one), he claimed he could neither assign blockers nor end blocker step (2nd one makes sense since he was forced to block). Claimed he also couldn't concede the game.

Arveene

Neo Member
After I attacked with my creatures (including the one with Pheromones, so all of his minions had to block that one), he claimed he could neither assign blockers nor end blocker step (2nd one makes sense since he was forced to block). Claimed he also couldn't concede the game.

Probably not a bug. When you have troops out that are forced to attack each turn, the game will do it automatically when the correct step begins. I'd imagine it's the same for Pheromones.

Probably not a bug. When you have troops out that are forced to attack each turn, the game will do it automatically when the correct step begins. I'd imagine it's the same for Pheromones.

Good to know, I guess it was just a case him being of sour loser and trying to waste my time/get me to concede when he was about to lose then.

Ryuukan

I lost a game in draft today due to the same bug, client didn't let me assign blockers either.

Aselith

I lost a game in draft today due to the same bug, client didn't let me assign blockers either.

Could you concede though? Sounds to me like he just picked a known bug to make it seem real and then made an excuse why HE couldn't concede (but yoooooouuuuu cannnn! ;) )

Ryuukan

Could you concede though? Sounds to me like he just picked a known bug to make it seem real and then made an excuse why HE couldn't concede (but yoooooouuuuu cannnn! ;) )

Didn't bother since he could kill me next turn because of it, just moved on and went to support.

So there were no blockers at all or were all the blockers assigned for you?

no blockers at all, clicking on them did nothing and they wouldn't highlight on mouseover. Keep feeling like the Mac version has issues the windows one doesn't.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fuck this card.

250px-Pheromones.png

Why the fuck does it cost one.

Arveene

Neo Member
Didn't bother since he could kill me next turn because of it, just moved on and went to support.

no blockers at all, clicking on them did nothing and they wouldn't highlight on mouseover. Keep feeling like the Mac version has issues the windows one doesn't.

Oh. That's probably an actual bug then. I'll see if I can poke my testing buddy to help me mess around with it some tonight.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Fuck this card.

250px-Pheromones.png

Why the fuck does it cost one.

I love it. God knows I suck at drafts, but I love it so much. I like Swiss better (more games to play and better rewards since I'm bad), but nobody seems to be doing Swiss (yet?)

Brakara

I love it. God knows I suck at drafts, but I love it so much. I like Swiss better (more games to play and better rewards since I'm bad), but nobody seems to be doing Swiss (yet?)

Swiss drafts is coming in a few weeks, according to the official @HexTCG Twitter account.

IllumiNate

Well I'm 0-5 in my drafts. Every one of them I've had major Shard problems. Not to upset since I did get 3 Legendaries out of those drafts.
It's weird though, I'm a great deck builder and very good at mtg drafts. I've been playing mtg for over 15 years now. I've never had problems with mana in MTGO as bad as I'm having with Hex. I mean 5 drafts in a row either getting flooded or screwed. Variance is one thing but this is something else.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It's because when you shuffle your deck in real life you are still rigging your deck.

Hex is "true" rng which honestly kind of sucks but whatever xD

Smiley90

Swiss drafts is coming in a few weeks, according to the official @HexTCG Twitter account.

It's already there though, isn't it? I thought it was just nobody using it. It's just labelled... uh... not ingame right now, but it's not labelled Swiss Draft. It's labelled... Sealed Draft I think? But then it says that it's a Swiss draft.

Brakara

It's already there though, isn't it? I thought it was just nobody using it. It's just labelled... uh... not ingame right now, but it's not labelled Swiss Draft. It's labelled... Sealed Draft I think? But then it says that it's a Swiss draft.

It's sealed swiss, which is not draft. Sealed uses 6 packs where you build your deck from opening your 6 packs.

Smiley90

It's sealed swiss, which is not draft. Sealed uses 6 packs where you build your deck from opening your 6 packs.

aaaaaaaah dang.

GIMME SWISS DRAFTS THEN.

I don't wanna wait a few more weeks. :(

Did they say how much draft tix are/can we buy them already? I think I've used two of the three free ones I was given at the start...

Smiley90

Drafts costs $1 (100 platinum) and 3 booster packs, so $7 if you buy from the store.

Well boosters I got enough of... when you start a draft it only lists the draft ticket as an entry price though? and 0 plat...

Smiley90

my game crashed during the deckbuilding part of draft

now neither my opponent nor me can get into a game and we're stuck staring at the tournament lobby :lol

Are there any plans for people to buy into the closed beta? I tried signing up/applying, but you're forced to accept their newsletter spam, so I just avoided it.

Aselith

I was waiting to play the championship match for draft tourney when all of a sudden it loses connection and I get shunted out. :( cze pls

Smiley90

this guy together with the permanent +3 hero and a wild growth just gave me the two quickest draft wins ever.

250px-Royal_Falconer.png

Drew him in both games and also had a Chlorophyll to speed up the mana growth in both games, two 8/1 flyers on turn 4 is good.

Kyuur

Drew him in both games and also had a Chlorophyll to speed up the mana growth in both games, two 8/1 flyers on turn 4 is good.

Craziness. Nice job!

Currently doing a sealed. Not too happy with the cards I drew, but eh, we'll see how it goes. Wild/Blood.

Edit: First game bugged out and I couldn't play anything. Second I thought I saw both shard types in my starting hand, but was mistaken and then didn't get any Wild for 5 turns. qq Ah well, at least it's swiss!

Aselith

Welp, no more of Hex for a bit at least on the tourney side. I had the issue last night and then the next tourney I played today I got stuck with a champ that had an ability I couldn't use for my deck because the game wouldn't let me change it. Showed it changed in the deck screen but didn't do anything when I actually got into the game. :/

I did draft some nice rares and legendaries though. Got the Kraken and two Cosmic Transmogifiers in one draft last night. :)

Although maybe I should play MORE right now since this essentially free draft practice everytime it bugs out like this.

Smiley90

Welp, no more of Hex for a bit at least on the tourney side. I had the issue last night and then the next tourney I played today I got stuck with a champ that had an ability I couldn't use for my deck because the game wouldn't let me change it. Showed it changed in the deck screen but didn't do anything when I actually got into the game. :/

I did draft some nice rares and legendaries though. Got the Kraken and two Cosmic Transmogifiers in one draft last night. :)

Submit a ticket and you get the draft cost refunded if it bugged out.

Aselith

Submit a ticket and you get the draft cost refunded if it bugged out.

Yeah, I did. It's just annoying because I haven't one a draft yet and the game when it bugged out last night, I was waiting for the champion match :(

Really upset I didn't back this.

Card games are my secret passion.

Are they still doing slacker backer?

Edit: Newp, ended April 1st. :( Well, keep an eye on the thread for it to go open. I really enjoy it. I think you'll be way into it when you get in there.

Top Bottom