• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hex: Shards of Fate MMOTCG - Closed Beta Thread

Emitan

pU5rg6h.png

Basic?

"Patience is a virtue"
You already gave them the benefit of the doubt by "donating" money.
They're working their asses of to get this to us.

Just bear with them ;-)

Ha, I didn't donate I payed for a service. It's kinda comical at this point how terrible they are with deadlines. I agree they're working hard, I'm just laughing how inept they seem at it all.

Xater

Hoping for lots of impressions.

Something I wanted to know is will there also be a version for the iPad of this?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ha, I didn't donate I payed for a service. It's kinda comical at this point how terrible they are with deadlines. I agree they're working hard, I'm just laughing how inept they seem at it all.

What part of "Alpha" don't you understand? I rather they wait a day to sort out the biggest bugs than give it out and have everyone complain about the game breaking, then having to fix bugs AND servers at the same time.

F!ReW!Re

I'm sorry but I totally do NOT understand this attitude.
These guys are working their asses off and you come across as a spoiled brat who doesn't get his toys on time.

GK+, please post the client link :)

I'm sorry but I totally do NOT understand this attitude.
These guys are working their asses off and you come across as a spoiled brat who doesn't get his toys on time.

I never understood the ball gargling attitude of a lot of KS backers. You paid money for a service, were given a timetable for its release that turned out to be a complete sham. I'm still here, excited for the game, and I realize they're working hard. At some point they have to get shit done though, considering people have quite a bit of money tied to the product.

I2amza

Sorry if this has been asked, but how do I get in the alpha? I am a Pro Player Tier backer. Do I get an email or something?

F!ReW!Re

I never understood the ball gargling attitude of a lot of KS backers. You paid money for a service, were given a timetable for its release that turned out to be a complete sham. I'm still here, excited for the game, and I realize they're working hard. At some point they have to get shit done though, considering people have quite a bit of money tied to the product.

I paid money for a service? What???

I paid money so I could get a finished product at the end of the line.
The rest in my eyes is pretty much added benefits that come with backing this project.
I feel that there's no obligation for them to deliver me an alpha build on a set date.

I've trusted them with some money, what they've shown so far looks promising and if they say they need more time, then go ahead take it.

Sorry if this has been asked, but how do I get in the alpha? I am a Pro Player Tier backer. Do I get an email or something?

Yeah they'll be sending out the invites in waves based on the backer Tier you've got. (Via email)

The rest in my eyes is pretty much added benefits that come with backing this project.
I feel that there's no obligation for them to deliver me an alpha build on a set date.

I've trusted them with some money, what they've shown so far looks promising and if they say they need more time, then go ahead take it.

I guess we just have vastly different viewpoints on how it should work.

You're wave 2. They'll get you in as soon as they can, they say.

I2amza

Yeah they'll be sending out the invites in waves based on the backer Tier you've got. (Via email)

You're wave 2. They'll get you in as soon as they can, they say.

You're in the same boat as me (yeaaaah free drafts). We should get in with the next wave.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. :)

Spookie

were given a timetable for its release that turned out to be a complete sham.

HOLY HYPERBOLE BATMAN!

It slipped from September to October and is a day late. That's better than most studios can manage with a huge publisher behind them. Maybe you should get your expectations in check.

Brakara

As someone who didn't back this game on kickstarter, I still can safely say that if that's your attitude, then you should never back a game on kickstarter ever. Otherwise you'll be a permanent grumpy duck.

HOLY HYPERBOLE BATMAN!

It slipped from September to October and is a day late. That's better than most studios can manage with a huge publisher behind them. Maybe you should get your expectations in check.

I guess Crypto's magic worked. We were supposed to get beta by September, now we're getting it in 2014 ;-P

As someone who didn't back this game on kickstarter, I still can safely say that if that's your attitude, then you should never back a game on kickstarter ever. Otherwise you'll be a permanent grumpy duck.

Yes, I know, and I probably never will again. I backed Hex because the rewards were great and the release was within 2013 (at the time).

This dude has the game up: http://www.twitch.tv/misaochankun

Arveene

Neo Member
I'm at 35%, I'll be streaming most of tonight. I was some decent experience with TCGs so it won't be painful to watch. Are people more interested in constructed or draft?

ringlord

Got my invite. Disappointed in no Mac client yet, but I can understand them wanting to deliver an alpha client asap.

Will try it out tonight, but my alpha expectations are appropriately low. :eek:

Smiley90

Can those streaming/playing please post impressions (UI, deck builder, flow of game, favourite cards so far, neat combos you stumbled upon, great game stories, etcetc) too, for those of us who can't watch streams? :)

Izayoi

Banned
Can those streaming/playing please post impressions (UI, deck builder, flow of game, favourite cards so far, neat combos you stumbled upon, great game stories, etcetc) too, for those of us who can't watch streams? :)
I'll post screenshots as well.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I'm still waiting on my invite. I'm a GK so I should get in today. >_>

havocau

Neo Member
When you're done, would you be able to zip/rar the folder and upload somewhere? I think heaps of people would love you ^_^ I'm stuck at 51%... going so slow :/

Kickstarter is technically a donation to fund a product you'd like to see. There is actually zero liability on the part of the person running the Kickstarter to actually deliver a product. I've donated to a lot of Kickstarter projects, a few of which have gone belly up and I got nothing.

Plus, making games is hard. Take it as an excuse all you want, but dates slip all the time. I'm actually impressed we're getting the alpha this soon, to be honest, simply because most people who put up a video game Kickstarter vastly underestimate the time it will take to get a product out. And some of those are even people who should know better. This is their first real foray into this space, so getting all of it working and out, even in alpha, as fast as they did was a bit shocking.

Smiley90

Anyone of you guys streaming yet/knows a good streamer? Just got home :x

Also new update:

10/9 - 4:50 PM

Hey all. For those of you in the game, we hope you're enjoying your first experience with HEX with this alpha client.

The servers will be brought down at times this evening and overnight to resolve download speed issues for players installing the client. We are aware of the issue and taking steps to remedy it. Note that this is alpha, so our engineers will often bring down servers to do work throughout the entirety of the alpha period.

If you are a Grand King, Dragon Lord, Primal, Immortal, or Producer and have yet to receive your invite, please check your junk email or spam email folder. If you still do not have an invitation, please open a ticket here with the subject line of "HEX - Invite": http://cryptozoic.kayako.com/ Please use that customer service portal only for this reason. This is the only HEX issue that can be resolved via this customer service portal. Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------

NOT a smart idea on CZE's part to make the download link public and not pre-authorize it. It would be so much faster if only people that could actually play (e.g. GK and higher) would be able to download the client, and not EVERYONE. I for one am restraining on downloading it until a later time, since I can't play anyway.

Top Bottom