• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton Selects Tim Kaine As VP

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You have no clue what you're talking about.

MTE4MDAzNDEwNDgwMDM5NDM4.jpg

Yes because Hillary's going to give her VP that much power. The VP gets exactly as much power as the president gives them.

Such a Hillary pick. Like getting an Oxford shirt and dress socks for Christmas. :/

Can be useful for locking up Virginia with a democrat governor. I think it's also a sign there is too much a gulf between Warren and her in policy.

Clinton's team has said for weeks that they want someone with enough experience to take over should something happen, Kaine has that in spades. Warren, as much as I love her, is pretty inexperienced at governing.

cbrun44

Kaine is a fantastic pick. Not quite sure what the deal is with many of you on here. Excellent choice that helps the campaign.

Mr. RPG

She was never going to pick Bernie.. and while she liked Elizabeth Warren

1) They lose her Senate seat
2) She would probably go rouge at some point
3) VP choices have never ever historically helped a candidate. Big energy "exciting" picks tend to hurt the ticket.

I doubt Warren was ever even considered for the position. :(

Omadahl

Banned
So we can agree that people bemoaning him for not being progressive or liberal are full of shit right?

Absolutely. The man has every qualification to be VP and to lead if necessary. He's a solid pick, while not flashy, definitely adds to the ticket. I'm a huge Warren fan but the Senate is where she belongs and does the most good.

RDreamer

This is an absolutely abysmal choice for Vice President.

I'm so disappointed in Hillary. It is clear that she doesn't care about Bernie's supporters.

It's clear any Sanders supporters not voting for Hillary at this point don't care about Bernie's actual stances on things.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This is a smart choice. Can probably help pick up the rust belt votes. Grab some independents.

Dineren

Banned
I wouldn't trust anyone basing their vote on the VP pick to support Hillary regardless of her choice. If the stakes aren't high enough after the shitshow that took place this week, I find it very hard to believe anything would sway them.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Can't really comment on the man since I don't know anything about him but if he really is the "safe" choice, then I don't see why that's a bad thing, do you guys want her risking winning over an exciting pick? She could have picked a bowl of grits for all I care, all I want is for her not to lose at this point.

Blader

Is this just to lock up virginia?

Seems like there were more interesting possible choices.

Edit: or was this really a search for the best team? Did Hillary just think that her and Kaine will get along the best?

Of the people on the shorlist, she has the best personal relationships with Kaine and Vilsack. She goes back years with both of them.

Well, what's the positive spin on his recent calls for bank deregulations? Or just bank deregulation in general?

He isn't pro-deregulation in general, and thinks the major players (Goldman, JPMorgan, BoA, etc.) should be strictly regulated. His "call for deregulation" was in recommending changing daily liquidity reporting requirements for other big banks into monthly reporting. That's it.

I really don't want to be locked into a Kaine presidency after Clinton's run.

Historically, most VPs who become president only do so when their predecessor dies. There's a very low success rate for an incumbent party's VP to be elected president.

ElRenoRaven

Not that bad of a choice. He's a safe choice but not bad. He's conservative on abortion and death penalty while still being for women to have the right to choose. He's Catholic and has done good work with groups. I could certainly see some not Trump republicans being swayed by this pick. Not a lot but some and every little bit helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom