• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Vuze

Is there a way to grab Agent 47's signature suit in the Paris level when you use a different starting point (i.e. in the kitchen you start disguised as a waiter)?

E: Havent had any server issues yet btw. PC/Germany

jediyoshi

I am absolutely certain the person that voiced Sasuke in the Naruto dub is in this game. I can't take certain NPCs seriously when they are voiced by that guy..

I was going to point this out. Feels like every third or fourth person is Yuri Lowenthal. My brain always goes to Persona's Yosuke first whenever he pops up ingames.

I thought i read something about the silverballers being included back when the preorders started. Not sure though.
This post is from a ways back, but
yes, there are Silverballers in the game. They're the chrome ICA pistol with the custom front grip added, and not tied to preorders :) They're unlocked through Mastery levels.

You sure? Try crouching in the hall while Novakov is walking down the stairs. It's worth a gif. The AI is dumb, but so it's been in every Hitman game. It's just more noticeable now that everything else looks and feels so realistic.

Well I did that in front of some guards and technjcians and their comments were funny as hell. But overall the A.I definitely could have used a real upgrade, agreed.

The server is fucking up again. This time it failed to authorize my account with the server. Fix this shit. Damn.

MaKTaiL

Guys, I need help. I don't get the
Sheik Opportunity. I dressed up as him, managed to attend the auction and get a private metting with Dalia but her bodyguard doesn't let her out of his sight for one second. It makes the opportunity useless.
I don't get what I'm supposed to do here. Anyone?

xrnzaaas

Can't seem to connect at all right now on PS4. These connection issues are infuriating.
Yup I've tried for at least 20 minutes and no go. I feel like Square Enix is the one responsible for pushing the online stuff (in strictly SP content). Just Cause 3 didn't need it and Hitman doesn't need it.

KORNdoggy

I see absolutely no reason why an online connection is even required to play fucking single player content. Contracts mode? Sure. But challenges in the single player missions? Why? What justifiable reason is there for me to be kicked from the mission to the main menu every time their poxy servers crap out? Its shit. And I say that as someone playing around a friend's. If the game requires a connection come the full disc release, then I'm sorry but they can take the game and the franchise itself and shove it up their arse!

Feels like God damn DRM.

MUnited83

For you.
Sheik Opportunity. I dressed up as him, managed to attend the auction and get a private metting with Dalia but her bodyguard doesn't let her out of his sight for one second. It makes the opportunity useless.
Not sure if this works with her bodyguard, but
go to the bathroom and make the sink overflow. The bodyguard might go check it out

Jito

Banned
Feels like God damn DRM.

And as per usual, us legit paying customers are paying the price even though we've actually bought the game. That'll teach us?

This is such a fucking joke, how can they not maintain servers that provide some leader boards and contracts? This has got to be the worst implantation of online requirements for a single player game I've seen.

Moff

yeah, same for the laptop opportunity, I guess there is a way to take out the bodyguard

I see absolutely no reason why an online connection is even required to play fucking single player content. Contracts mode? Sure. But challenges in the single player missions? Why? What justifiable reason is there for me to be kicked from the mission to the main menu every time their poxy servers crap out? Its shit. And I say that as someone playing around a friend's. If the game requires a connection come the full disc release, then I'm sorry but they can take the game and the franchise itself and shove it up their arse!

Feels like God damn DRM.
Yep. Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to make the challenges an online-only feature?

It's pretty sad, because I played the shit out of the PS4 beta a month back and I don't think I got kicked off once the entire weekend. I haven't been able to play for more than an hour so far this weekend before getting booted. Very disappointing, especially considering how much else they seem to have gotten right about this game.

This issue needs to blow up and potential buyers need to be warned so they can wait until it's patched.

Seriously, this is not acceptable. I'm torn because the gameplay was good, but the online component is broken and shouldn't even be there for single player. It's a huge stain on another good game.

MaKTaiL

yeah, same for the laptop opportunity, I guess there is a way to take out the bodyguard
The only way I got to kill Dalia was
by dressing up as a model, setting up fireworks and killing her with a sniper, poisoning her drink and killing her in the bathroom (the only way the bodyguard wouldn't be around).

Moff

Yep. Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to make the challenges an online-only feature?

maybe so it's harder to just cheat them or something like that?
I am just lucky I don't have any connection issues, at least not in the 5 hours I played so far. I can imagine that's a huge bummer, even if you wouldn't immediately quit the level, since the story mode is so easy the challenges are really the meat of this pretty great game.

The only way I got to kill Dalia was
by dressing up as a model, setting up fireworks and killing her with a sniper, poisoning her drink and killing her in the bathroom (the only way the bodyguard wouldn't be around).

as helmut kruger it's super easy, you get to be alone with her in the room

etta

my hard graphic balls
So I'm debating between ps4 vs Xbox one. Any reason to go with one over the other? Also, you boys doing the full $60 thing now or just the $15 mission pack?
Controller was the deciding factor for me.
This issue needs to blow up and potential buyers need to be warned so they can wait until it's patched.

Seriously, this is not acceptable. I'm torn because the gameplay was good, but the online component is broken and shouldn't even be there for single player. It's a huge stain on another good game.
Yea, the review scores need to be tanked, it's a bullshit implementation.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
The connection issues are so bad for me, plus the decision to have separate online and offline saves has pretty much made me want to not bother with the rest of the game out of spite. It's left such a sour taste in my mouth.

Online only bullshit is so fucking dumb.

This.

And you can't even use already unlocked gear, weapons or entry points while offline !

TIAstme.gif

So I'm debating between ps4 vs Xbox one. Any reason to go with one over the other? Also, you boys doing the full $60 thing now or just the $15 mission pack?

PS4 gets the exclusive Sarajevo Six missions. It's not a whole lot more, but there isn't a ton of missions to begin with.

MaKTaiL

I'm sure IO will iron out all the issues and complains eventually. They seem to be pretty commited to taking player feedback into account, evident by the huge survey they sent us after the Beta. All the incredible marketing and the game going back to its Blood Money roots shows IO wants the game to succeed. They love the franchise, just like us. I see a great future for it with this Season/Episodes format. I feel it works for Hitman better than releasing a big campaign. I get to experience all the possible outcomes without feeling the need to move on to the next level. People complaining there is only one level to play is no different from playing a Telltale episode for 3h and replaying it to get different conversation outcomes. Anyway, that's just my take on it. I trust IO to improve the game over the year. They definitely don't deserve the harsh comments they are getting on Steam. I've seen worse games on release.

Jito

Banned
I'm sure IO will iron out all the issues and complains eventually. They seem to be pretty commited to taking player feedback into account, evident by the huge survey they sent us after the Beta. All the incredible marketing and the game going back to its Blood Money roots shows IO wants the game to succeed. They love the franchise, just like us. I see a great future for it with this Season/Episodes format. I feel it works for Hitman better than releasing a big campaign. I get to experience all the possible outcomes without feeling the need to move on to the next level. Anyway, that's just my take on it. I trust IO to improve the game over the Year. They definitely don't deserve the harsh comments on Steam. I've seen worse games on release.

You can't get much worse than single player games being unplayable due to connection problems, I think they deserve all the criticism for such a stupid idea.

I genuinely didnt know this would be filled with this online only crap till after I bought it and I usually consider myself well informed.

The only thing holding me back from asking for a refund is that the intro pack was super cheap. At full price this would be going back in a heartbeat. SE screwed themselves out of selling any future missions though. Not buying anymore of this crap no matter how good it is. The can fuck off with their DRM disguised as a feature.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
HATE this online only bullshit.

Got it on Xbox, what are the PS4 exclusive games like?

I'm sure IO will iron out all the issues and complains eventually. They seem to be pretty commited to taking player feedback into account, evident by the huge survey they sent us after the Beta. All the incredible marketing and the game going back to its Blood Money roots shows IO wants the game to succeed. They love the franchise, just like us. I see a great future for it with this Season/Episodes format. I feel it works for Hitman better than releasing a big campaign. I get to experience all the possible outcomes without feeling the need to move on to the next level. People complaining there is only one level to play is no different from playing a Telltale episode for 3h and replaying it to get different conversation outcomes. Anyway, that's just my take on it. I trust IO to improve the game over the year. They definitely don't deserve the harsh comments they are getting on Steam. I've seen worse games on release.

My problem is that they have everything tied to online. If I unlock something online, why can't I use it offline? They are making you start all over offline without any of the perks.

Demoskinos

Well, played the two training missions (wish I had known about the beta) and decided I like the game. I will revisit it later in the year once all the content is out.

Tacitus_

I distracted her hanger-on with a coin toss, took a couple tries to get it right. Also found out that he will only alert the guards, not start combat if you don't mind getting seen snapping her neck.

MaKTaiL

My problem is that they have everything tied to online. If I unlock something online, why can't I use it offline? They are making you start all over offline without any of the perks.
I guess that was their way of punishing the people who play with a pirated copy, sort of a DMR system. It wasn't that smart, obviously, but I'm sure they will fix this.

I had my first server dropout earlier, while playing an escalation contract as I was making my way to the exit. No saves are allowed during escalation contracts. All progress gone, you have to start again from scratch. I did eventually do it though.

Here's a quick vid of the Level 5 escalation contract on The Final Test level ("The Snorrason Ascension"), I know a few people were confused and asking about it in here: https://youtu.be/LjO5xUBoMMI

Jito

Banned
Anyone managed to complete the DO ME I DARE YOU contract? I can't get Prince Po to move out of his bloody corner, he just stands there indefinitely. How on earth am I meant to poison him?

Looks like Steam refund is through. I will buy it when they patch out the always online DRM.
The press and community needs to highlight this BS more though. Else be prepared for more always online SP games.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
What part of this game even requires online? I mean contacts could be downloaded and challenges don't have any affect on anyone else. The only thing they're protecting is leaderboards and nobody cares about that. It's such a poor implementation.

Vuze

Anyone managed to complete the DO ME I DARE YOU contract? I can't get Prince Po to move out of his bloody corner, he just stands there indefinitely. How on earth am I meant to poison him?
I just shot him from the adjacent room and fled via the balcony lol

justjim89

Wait, unlockables don't work if you're offline? That's pretty shitty. Almost no reason to play if you're not connected then. I wonder if it's too late to fix this shit.

Nimajneb

Does anybody else find coins to be extremely buggy? Sometimes when I throw them they just fall through the floor without making a sound and disappear. The problem seems to be worse in certain locations, there is a spot on one of the balconies in Paris that I just couldn't get coins to work at all.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Does anybody else find coins to be extremely buggy? Sometimes when I throw them they just fall through the floor without making a sound and disappear. The problem seems to be worse in certain locations, there is a spot on one of the balconies in Paris that I just couldn't get coins to work at all.

I haven't had any coin bugs, the only bug I encountered was music or part of the audio would get cut off and restart at random places, like I'd walk into a room and the ambient music would restart the track.

Xater

Man hearing about all these connections issues and what that means for the game sucks. I guess it was the right choice to wait how the whole season will shake out.

MaKTaiL

They bounce around a lot sometimes. I recommend using the detective vision after throwing it so you can see where it landed.

xrnzaaas

I haven't had any coin bugs, the only bug I encountered was music or part of the audio would get cut off and restart at random places, like I'd walk into a room and the ambient music would restart the track.
I had an audio bug after loading a save from the attic (Ps4). The sound would start looping until the console crashed or until I left the attic.

By the way does the
vampire magician
disguise have any unique uses?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Funny moment.

Outside is a puddle with an electrical cable. Tampering with it will kill anyone in the puddle. Including 47 as I just found out by accident. :lol

Top Bottom