• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Kalor

Well, I killed the target but I died due to being an idiot

I was heading down the stairs to the basement when I saw the fire extinguisher on the first floor and decided to shoot it since I had never tried it before. The explosion radius was bigger than I was expecting...

Pretty easy one since the two guys don't seem to care you flag as Trespasser in the room with a guard outfit. Anyone else NOT get the challenges flagged as complete? Bit of a bummer, ET done and shows as done and as SA but neither challenge pops as complete. Oh well, don't really care about yet another tie for Mr. Reaper.

I'm not a fan of the syringe, I've noticed way too often if another NPC is standing nearby they will flag you immediately after your target falls. Too scary for me to use on ETs. since getting SA is the goal always for me.

This would have been a really interesting one to do with suit only and no knockouts, while its possible I think it would be extremely difficult.

Moff

managed to do an SA

I think this is the best elusive since the cardinal, very well designed, nice gimmick, took me about 6 tries

I gotta say elusive targets alone make this my GOTY. The dread I feel when I'm compromised or having to restart when things get hairy. Trying to execute the perfect hit. There is nothing better.

Moff

I gotta say elusive targets alone make this my GOTY. The dread I feel when I'm compromised or having to restart when things get hairy. Trying to execute the perfect hit. There is nothing better.

absolutely, the main game lacks some of the suspense the classic games had due to the unlimited saving, but the elusives absolutely make up for this, the thrill I feel when I kill the target and escape after that is incredible, it's a unique experience. it's especially intense when they do multiple objectives, I hope they continue to do that.

Managed to Silent Assassin this one, though I was sloppy about it.

Was anyone finding that the target wasn't eating the jam? I assumed they were going to pull a similar trick from the twins ET and have the target make the other guy try it, so I didn't poison it. Might be that it doesn't trigger him to eat some unless you've interacted with it.

Ended up knocking out all 3 guards near the target, spiking the other guy's wine to make him sick to split them up and then knocked him out/killed the target.

Enjoyable, but I think I've had my fill of Paris.

I had the exact opposite experience. I knocked out no one, everything went almost perfectly, and I still blew my SA ranking.

Dropped a rifle in the room to make the guard leave, then used a coin in the room and poisoned the jam.

As I left I tried to get past a guard arriving, impatiently, and got spotted. My heart was literally pounding as he came around the corner and I was hoping he would look the other way and... he didn't. I thought I could restart but the target had already eaten the jam, in less than half a minute, and was dead. Nothing left to do but to run.

On the other hand, the outcome might have been worse if I had stayed near there with three suspicious guards running around and a dead body in the room.

The poison vial really is the least risky weapon for elusives right now... Assuming you don't screw up on completely unrelated points like I do.

MUnited83

For you.
Pretty easy one since the two guys don't seem to care you flag as Trespasser in the room with a guard outfit. Anyone else NOT get the challenges flagged as complete? Bit of a bummer, ET done and shows as done and as SA but neither challenge pops as complete. Oh well, don't really care about yet another tie for Mr. Reaper.

I'm not a fan of the syringe, I've noticed way too often if another NPC is standing nearby they will flag you immediately after your target falls. Too scary for me to use on ETs. since getting SA is the goal always for me.

This would have been a really interesting one to do with suit only and no knockouts, while its possible I think it would be extremely difficult.

Did a suit only no knockouts run :D. I almost had a heart attack at the end , I had just killed the dude with poison and the guard I distracted was coming back at that moment through the door. Almost caught me!

Jeffrey

so weird coming back to this after playing a lot of deus ex.

Not that easy for this if you are low lvl in paris and don't have
attic
, but still ended up sneaking around and conking everyone with a wrench. Did get spotted though... oh well.

3 stars.

'

Moff

so weird coming back to this after playing a lot of deus ex.

Not that easy for this if you are low lvl in paris and don't have
attic
, but still ended up sneaking around and conking everyone with a wrench. Did get spotted though... oh well.

3 stars.

'

I started at the auction, much easier to get a bodyguard disguise from that side

Maiorum

Tried using the syringe on him the first time, but as soon as I did, the scripting broke, and all three people in the room just stood still, swaying slightly. They could still see, so I couldn't just shoot the target. I was able to restart (weird, because I had already poisoned the target), got careless and got spotted while injecting the target, but I managed to get out with little problem. So close to SA.

MUnited83

For you.
I started at the auction, much easier to get a bodyguard disguise from that side

I'd say attic would be the best for that. You can get a bodyguard disguise like 8 seconds in, a sole dude that can be taken out with a nearby fire extinguisher.

Moff

I'd say attic would be the best for that. You can get a bodyguard disguise like 8 seconds in, a sole dude that can be taken out with a nearby fire extinguisher.

huh, I remember that wrong then, I thought there are 2 guys talking to each other

Did a suit only no knockouts run :D. I almost had a heart attack at the end , I had just killed the dude with poison and the guard I distracted was coming back at that moment through the door. Almost caught me!

It occurs to me that my run is basically the same as yours, since all the guards on the way are suspicious even when you are disguised as a guard. So I was sneaking around keeping out of sight anyway.

I don't think I could handle doing this with trespassing-level suspicion, though.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Managed to do it and get away.

Subdued and stashed most of the guards in that corner wing of the attic. But then I found the Vampire Magician outfit, and I mean there's no scenario where that isn't appropriate. So I wore that, tried to lure out the shotgun guard but he noticed the one body I left behind. I club him with a pipe, and the two hackers freak out. I club them both, but then freak out because I didnt have a clue which to kill. So I flipped a coin, shotgunned the correct one in the head, dropped the gun, let myself be caught trespassing, and the guards walk me to out of the building.

The vampire stalks another day...

Managed to do it and get away.

That reminds me of the clincher in a poison vial run: you have to either knock out no one or knock out everyone. Leaving guards lying around to be found in the panic after the target dies defeats the whole point of using poison to not get the bodies found penalty.

And apparently if you have the balls to do something this risky, you can
kill him when he pees in front of the box, and dump him in the box,
all while everyone else is looking away.

TheKeyPit

Banned
ET#9
I spawned in the attic, got the guard disguise, made sure that the two guards before the room wouldn't bother me, shot the cam, went in and poisoned his jam, walked out and went for the exit in the cellar.

Too easy.

MUnited83

For you.
It occurs to me that my run is basically the same as yours, since all the guards on the way are suspicious even when you are disguised as a guard. So I was sneaking around keeping out of sight anyway.

I don't think I could handle doing this with trespassing-level suspicion, though.

Here it is! SA/SO, no Knockouts in 4:52
I even paused for a little bit when the guard is about to enter the room because I was scared shitless lol.

ZeroX03

Banned
Didn't bother with SASO, got in, blew him up, got out. It's easy because you can immediately tell where the target is from the video and it's very similar to the vampire outfit escalation.

Fury451

Banned
Had a perfect run going, knocked out all surrounding guards, poison the jam, and then waited for a good 20 minutes. He just stood in front of it, never sampled that again, so I had to knock out the other guy with the wrench and take him out that way. That kind of stuff drives me crazy because it would have otherwise been the perfect hit.

4/5 stars as a result

MUnited83

For you.
You should've been spotted on numerous occasions. By the way, how was dropping from the 2nd floor to the first even possible? Glitch?

If detection was realistic, all the missions in this game would be impossible :p. The drop from the 2nd floor to the first was introduced in a patch several months ago and never patched out.

wamberz1

I deeeeeed it. This was my best run yet, Almost total SA.
I ran into a problem because I tried to poison the jam then leave to the other room across (so that when whitecap saw the corpse I didn't get bumbrushed by 20 guards) but then wait almost 15 minutes while nothing happened. I had to go and try to just watch them from the doorframe to hopefully get his AI to eat it. I dunno if he would have done it anyway and my guess was wrong, but because I saw him die Up close I had to silence whitecap.

Profanity

If detection was realistic, all the missions in this game would be impossible :p. The drop from the 2nd floor to the first was introduced in a patch several months ago and never patched out.

Weren't you complaining before about the recent head movement change being a detriment to the game? I found it funny based on that, it saved you being detected in that run!

That was very fun despite my run being very very sloppy. I only got two stars hahaha.

More importantly, I couldn't start at the attic and it's been a while since I played Paris so I had to do the regular mission to find what works, what doesn't, and where to go lol.

I ended up going with the tech crew start. First thing I did was disable the security cameras then went back up to the 2nd floor balcony, grabbed a bust and then scaled up the pipe to the 3rd floor balcony, threw said bust at the only guard there, grabbed his outfit and threw him off the ledge.

I then snuck around the attic, shot the two guards outside the room, grabbed the keycard and hauled ass in there to lethal poison the honey. Here's where it gets really hairy lol.

I got caught poisoning the honey by everyone else in the room so I hauled ass outta there and foolishly decided to hide in the room opposite of where you can find some rat poison. A guard walks in and he goes to where I'm hiding(behind a table) and I MGS'ed him by going to the other side of said table lolol.

Oh btw, while this is all happening, the dumbass target "drinks" the honey and dies hahahahahaha.

They finally stopped pursuing me after that so I went back to the balcony, grabbed the tech outfit, slid down the pipe and escaped through the sewers in the basement.

Anyway, that was seriously lots of fun. I was expecting a lot of trial and error in attempting it since I didn't have the attic start but after re-familiarizing myself with the level I was able to come up with a plan that basically went exactly how I expected it to be.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Mine was rather messy, but I still managed to get four stars.
I don't have many start points, so I just took the auction invitation, went up the stairs through the door to the left. From that point on, I took a guard outfit and started knocking out the guards who could see through it. Poisoned the target and threw a wrench at the other hacker to knock him out before he noticed.

As someone who just bought the game recently, is there any chance that all elusive target contracts will be made available at a later date? Presumably when the season is over. I don't care as much about the bonus outfits you can unlock. I'd just like some more missions to be made available. Wish I picked the game up at release now. Fingers crossed for seasons 2 and 3. I'm in day one for those, although I'd like them to look at Hitman:Contracts for inspiration.

ZeroX03

Banned
As someone who just bought the game recently, is there any chance that all elusive target contracts will be made available at a later date? Presumably when the season is over. I don't care as much about the bonus outfits you can unlock. I'd just like some more missions to be made available. Wish I picked the game up at release now. Fingers crossed for seasons 2 and 3. I'm in day one for those, although I'd like them to look at Hitman:Contracts for inspiration.

They've indicated they're one and done, but with the effort put in to make them and to catch the physical audience I could see them happening again. Tough to say.

They've indicated they're one and done, but with the effort put in to make them and to catch the physical audience I could see them happening again. Tough to say.

Yeah, I can see them doing all of them again once the episodes are released and they release the entire game in retail.

Metal-Geo

They went full ham and it was hilarious.

"I hate JavaScript" is perhaps the only realistic one, which makes it even better.

After killing the first elusive target quickly (the Forger), I regretted not hanging around and listening to the dialogue of the target. Since then it's the first thing I do. And I recommend everyone else to do the same - IO gives these elusive targets some really good stories to tell. Gary Busey and the Protagonist being the absolute best ones so far.

Roussow

Just unlocked the Silverballer on the Elusive mission -- which I finally completed! Out of three different mission attempts I've finally completed one! Very happy with the success on one of these.
I started as a fashion show crewman, vaulted right off the closest balcony and climbed my way up to the auction floor, luring the nearest balcony security guard and borrowed his outfit. From here I stumbled right into two guards outside of the "hack room" talking about it. Knocked them out, got the keycard, swiped into the room and listened for a while for the contextual clues of which of the two guys was actually the target (I had a hunch that it wasn't the dude in a cap but I wasn't competently sure). Popped back out, shot him in the head just as the door automatically closed, and bailed to the helicopter.
It wasn't a well ranked mission, but damn it felt good to actually finish it first try without backing out and picking a more optimal path.

With that weapon unlock I was super excited to get back into HITMAN. that weapon bought back my favorite unique mechanic from absolution, which was ability to pull half way down on the trigger to improve your accuracy, I loved the tactile feel that that mechanic gave that game. I figured in this new game that it was removed, and the third person shooting mechanics were stripped way down to encourage other forms of play -- but nope! totally there under the right conditions.

I've been constantly impressed with all the weapon unlocks, I took the ICA explosive phone with me while I went through the Sarajevo Six missions, I'm three in now and they're a lot of fun. Stripped of opportunities to fall back on, these missions are actually testing my improvisational and adaptive skills, I really feel like I've found my groove in this game. Whereas stuff like Blood Money (at least when I tried it earlier this year pre-2016 Hitman) just left me directionless and cold on its first open mission.

This game is so good, guys. I feel bad I haven't spent more time in the OT.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Easy peasy.

Start in the attic with lethal poison. Knock out the guard outside, take his uniform. Sneak around until I find the keycard door. Sneak around further and fail to find a keycard. Decide to start knocking out guards, starting close to the locked door. His body gets found, so knock that guy out also. Open the door, hide, wait for him to investigate a coin, knock him out too. Stroll into the room, cool as a cucumber.

Find the jam. Poison it even though I've knocked out like four guys to get here. Stroll on out the front door

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Started at the auction and knocked out about 8 guards and his friend and then shot the guy in the head. Then shot his jam jar on the way out just because I could. He ain't gonna need it.

Top Bottom