• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Randdalf

That doesn't work because the exterminator in front of the van always recognizes me and it says crime noticed when I take it :/

Is there an event trigger to get the guy away from the insecticide?

He turns away every 30 secs or so, and you can walk behind him to grab it.

MUnited83

For you.
That doesn't work because the exterminator in front of the van always recognizes me and it says crime noticed when I take it :/

Is there an event trigger to get the guy away from the insecticide?
A well placed coin thrown to the stairs will work. Just make sure he doesnt see you in his way to checking it out. NPCs will often quit from investigating stuff if they think you did it.

In Bangkok how do you get the exterminating blocking the insecticide out of the way to get the insecticide? Been trying for 20 mins and about to give up, it keeps giving me crime noticed when he sees me take the insecticide and coins aren't distracting him much.

If you stand as a guard slightly to the left of him while he is facing to the right (as you both face the van) you can pick up the insecticide without him getting alerted. Its a small area that is "safe", but once you figure it out its pretty easy to just run up, grab it, and run away without any alerts.

It doesn't work with all the kitchen staff outfits since there is a guy smoking further away that gets suspicious if you get too close to him, and the van is too close to him. It does work with guard and probably a few other outfits.

What is the size for all the downloads of all the missions? Trying to decide if I want to buy this now or wait until January and pick up the physical version.

Total so far is around 40 GB. Will probably be like 55 GB by the end of it.

Hmmmm...I'll probably wait for the physical version then. Enough coming out this fall already, and that way if I decide to delete to make more room I won't have to redownload everything and can just install from disc instead.

Thanks!

Managed 10th place for The Andersen Animosity - just under 7 minutes. This really goes back to the early ones where it was fun to keep iterating to pull off your chosen route as fast as you can. (Although I did have to look up where to find the disguise added for this escalation.)

Finally, for once,
yanking the target out of a window
is a feasible kill.

And I still keep discovering new shortcuts in Sapienza! This level!

The embassy in the third mission seems broken for me, even upon loading an older save or autosave it still freezes in the same place when I walk into the interview :/ Guess I just need to ignore that option for now.

Bebpo

Banned
Some of the logic in this game is freaking weird. Like I went to do the Sapienza escalation with the saber and I thought "ok, this is gonna be hard. Gotta figure out a way to get the saber to the target stealthy since people are gonna notice if I run around in public with a freaking saber", but after not figuring out how to do that I youtubed it and saw that if you're a bodyguard you can run straight through the public center area with a saber and nobody bats an eye...the fuck?

I keep thinking big visible weapons are basically always visible and put everyone on notice, but more and more I'm finding that's not really the case and with the right outfits you can just walk around with giant weapons on you with nobody caring on maps. Good to know.

Also, every other play session I seem to get hit by the "target gets stuck walking in place down stairs" glitch. They should really fix that one since it can totally blow a mission if the target gets stuck somewhere and you haven't saved recently (or can't save because escalation/elusive).

And less of a big deal, but the achievements have always been bugged for me, especially the "complete all the opportunities" on a stage achievements. I've completed all the ones on Paris thrice over at this point and still never triggered that achievement. Had the same issue with Marrakesh, but Sapienza & Bangkok triggered. Eh, glitchy.

In Bangkok when you do the opportunity to get the lawyer into the linen room, is there a way to get Dexy down there too so an event happens? When I did it he goes down and waits, then his bodyguard comes down and he tells everyone to clear the room and then he just walks back upstairs with his bodyguard and resumes his normal pattern at the front desk/patio.

Another thought is that I feel like as we're getting a bigger and bigger arsenal to bring into maps from all of these stages, we're just getting more and more overpowered if we choose to use them. I mean the cell phone bomb thing a better rubber ducky which is a better remote bomb. I hardly use the gadgets besides lockpick and coin these days because they just feel too overpowered.

Also the games keeps giving all these weapons, but outside of sniper rifles, I don't see the point in getting machine guns/shotguns/uzis etc...since it's a stealth game and you die in like 2 seconds in combat. It's not like MGS where you can grab an assault rifle and do a fun action combat run unless I'm missing something.

Oh, when I was in Sapienza on the escalation earlier tonight, I was messing around with the main empty tower area. I haven't played the night Sapienza yet since I bought episodically and got screwed out of it, but did the night Sapienza finally fill the 3rd/4th floor of the clock tower building with people? I noticed there's a cool wench on like the 4th floor that drops a chandelier in the office room of the 3rd floor that it overlooks and it seems like a cool setup to use on a target...except the building is empty.

Just hit above 60 hours now. Definitely gonna get like 100+ hours at the end of the season.

Tuffty

And less of a big deal, but the achievements have always been bugged for me, especially the "complete all the opportunities" on a stage achievements. I've completed all the ones on Paris thrice over at this point and still never triggered that achievement. Had the same issue with Marrakesh, but Sapienza & Bangkok triggered. Eh, glitchy.

If it helps, I thought I had completed opportunities but you must follow each step it presents. As an example, I thought I had every opportunity in the bonus Marrakesh episode complete but it turns out I didn't follow the fortune teller one as described. I disguised as the fortune teller and just waited for the target to walk by because I knew his path was walking by the place and said he would come back once it was less busy. Instead, the opportunity tells me to actually go out and find him and lead him back and then I finally got that trophy.

My way still should have counted for what it's worth but it is what it is. I don't know if there is some way to track uncompleted opportunities? Would make getting that trophy much easier.

MUnited83

For you.
Some of the logic in this game is freaking weird. Like I went to do the Sapienza escalation with the saber and I thought "ok, this is gonna be hard. Gotta figure out a way to get the saber to the target stealthy since people are gonna notice if I run around in public with a freaking saber", but after not figuring out how to do that I youtubed it and saw that if you're a bodyguard you can run straight through the public center area with a saber and nobody bats an eye...the fuck?

I keep thinking big visible weapons are basically always visible and put everyone on notice, but more and more I'm finding that's not really the case and with the right outfits you can just walk around with giant weapons on you with nobody caring on maps. Good to know.

Also, every other play session I seem to get hit by the "target gets stuck walking in place down stairs" glitch. They should really fix that one since it can totally blow a mission if the target gets stuck somewhere and you haven't saved recently (or can't save because escalation/elusive).

In Bangkok when you do the opportunity to get the lawyer into the linen room, is there a way to get Dexy down there too so an event happens? When I did it he goes down and waits, then his bodyguard comes down and he tells everyone to clear the room and then he just walks back upstairs with his bodyguard and resumes his normal pattern at the front desk/patio.

Another thought is that I feel like as we're getting a bigger and bigger arsenal to bring into maps from all of these stages, we're just getting more and more overpowered if we choose to use them. I mean the cell phone bomb thing a better rubber ducky which is a better remote bomb. I hardly use the gadgets besides lockpick and coin these days because they just feel too overpowered.

Also the games keeps giving all these weapons, but outside of sniper rifles, I don't see the point in getting machine guns/shotguns/uzis etc...since it's a stealth game and you die in like 2 seconds in combat. It's not like MGS where you can grab an assault rifle and do a fun action combat run unless I'm missing something.

Oh, when I was in Sapienza on the escalation earlier tonight, I was messing around with the main empty tower area. I haven't played the night Sapienza yet since I bought episodically and got screwed out of it, but did the night Sapienza finally fill the 3rd/4th floor of the clock tower building with people? I noticed there's a cool wench on like the 4th floor that drops a chandelier in the office room of the 3rd floor that it overlooks and it seems like a cool setup to use on a target...except the building is empty.

Just hit above 60 hours now. Definitely gonna get like 100+ hours at the end of the season.
Regarding the clock tower building... not really. It's empty at night too. Normally at least. You can get the target to go up there, but only in a really contrived way: you need to trigger a target lockdown first. The target and guards will run to the basement of the Ice Cream shop. Once they are there, you will need to trigger yet another target lockdown. They will deem the basement as no longer safe and bring the target to the office, where you can kill him. However, the place where he will stand is not directly below the chandelier. To kill him with the chandelier, you have to run to the thing that drops the chandelier, and drop it before he goes all the way to the place where he will be standing at the end.

So after hearing the positive impressions, my remaining question is this:

Should I take the plunge now? Or wait for the complete first season to release?

I took the plunge, but I kind of wished I had waited for the steel book. Content its worth the cost of the full experience.

Well, if you are going to take the plunge at some point (for full price), is better to do it now, as there are exclusive time-limited content.

SilentRob

I think the game actually loses some of its appeal by buying it in one large chunk since this release structure really gives your incentive to play each map numerous times and appreciate the incredible complexity and absurd number of ways to kill your targets. If you get them all in one go I'd automatically just play the new one instead of really getting into each one. That's how it was in the past with Hitman games for me. So by kinda forcing me to replay a map it made me realize "Holy fuck, this is fun as hell!"

Of course, there are also the great Elusive Targets you are missing out on.

I think the game actually loses some of its appeal by buying it in one large chunk since this release structure really gives your incentive to play each map numerous times and appreciate the incredible complexity and absurd number of ways to kill your targets. If you get them all in one go I'd automatically just play the new one instead of really getting into each one.

I think one thing this game does better than past entries is with rewarding replays with unlockable content.

Taking content like the exploding cell phone from Bangkok back into Paris or Sapienza is pretty fun. But I totally know what you mean about wanting to plow through the missions.

I kinda wish the training missions had some unlocks. I think the Final Training mission is the only level in this game I haven't played through a dozen times.

Pikma

Banned
I think the game actually loses some of its appeal by buying it in one large chunk since this release structure really gives your incentive to play each map numerous times and appreciate the incredible complexity and absurd number of ways to kill your targets. If you get them all in one go I'd automatically just play the new one instead of really getting into each one. That's how it was in the past with Hitman games for me. So by kinda forcing me to replay a map it made me realize "Holy fuck, this is fun as hell!"

Of course, there are also the great Elusive Targets you are missing out on.
I did this and I've still been able to enjoy the maps at it's fullest, Once I beat a new map I'll move to the previous one and will not move on until I beat all the challenges.

Like this

Paris > Final Test Challenges > Sapienza > Paris Challenges > Marrakesh > Sapienza Challenges

DrSlek

New Sapienza escalation: The Andersen Animosity. Killing people with sabers.

I just completed this one last night.
Arsehole wont move from his location. His mate will come over and pick up any coins you thrown near him.

So I ended up hiding in the toilet behind him and throwing the sabre into the back of his head.

Arsehole wont move from his location. His mate will come over and pick up any coins you thrown near him.

So I ended up hiding in the toilet behind him and throwing the sabre into the back of his head.

I did it just like you before I figured out how to get him to move.

Throw your coin into the far end of the bathroom behind him (with the door open). Works every time because that's far enough that the other guy doesn't hear it.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

if you overflow the big sink in the corner the other guard will go clean it up which gives you some time to move the guy you need to kill.

it's the tourists that get in the way though. You'd think if a sink was overflowing in a toilet someone who works there would go deal with it but noooo some lady on vacation wants to stick her nose in.

MUnited83

For you.
I did it just like you before I figured out how to get him to move.

Throw your coin into the far end of the bathroom behind him (with the door open). Works every time because that's far enough that the other guy doesn't hear it.

Other option: put a explosive/breaching charge in the bathroom, and attract a civilian to the bathroom. They will go warn the guard, and the dude that is the target will go get it every time.

DrSlek

For the more difficult part of that mission
How the hell do you get the detective's clothes if you can't knock anyone out?

For the more difficult part of that mission
How the hell do you get the detective's clothes if you can't knock anyone out?

There's an unwritten rule for escalations: if a disguise you need can normally only be gotten off of living people, and there's nobody you have to kill who has that disguise, and pacifications aren't allowed, then the developers will place the disguise you need somewhere in the level for this particular escalation.

So far this affects The Perkins Disarray, The Lupin Sensitivity, and The Andersen Animosity.

However, you still have to find where the disguise is, and it's often in a difficult and completely arbitrary place (like
the attic under the safe
for this escalation).

Played the Bangkok mission at PAX. This game really feels like Hitman and it made me super excited for the physical version to come out. I'm gonna play the hell out of it.

Does anyone know if Elusive Targets and the like will still be available/being created when the physical season comes out? Or will they probably be focusing on season two at that point?

ZeroX03

Banned
Does anyone know if Elusive Targets and the like will still be available/being created when the physical season comes out? Or will they probably be focusing on season two at that point?

There are going to be more Elusive Targets, but they're still saying no repeats of the old ones.

DrSlek

There's a detective costume in the mansion's attic.

There's an unwritten rule for escalations: if a disguise you need can normally only be gotten off of living people, and there's nobody you have to kill who has that disguise, and pacifications aren't allowed, then the developers will place the disguise you need somewhere in the level for this particular escalation.

So far this affects The Perkins Disarray, The Lupin Sensitivity, and The Andersen Animosity.

However, you still have to find where the disguise is, and it's often in a difficult and completely arbitrary place (like
the attic under the safe
for this escalation).

Bloody hell! How do people find this stuff without walkthroughs!?

....I just killed him.

Deadstar

There are going to be more Elusive Targets, but they're still saying no repeats of the old ones.

They should let you do the elusive targets again, but only for fun. It shouldn't record the score or anything. They can justify them by having them as "Memories" or something where 47 can remember some of his old hits. I'd like to try some of these elusives again just for fun.

I'd get in now. It's nice having a few weeks break between each mission. I'd get really burned out if they just gave you the full game up front. This is the best episodic content gaming has ever seen in my opinion.

MUnited83

For you.
They should let you do the elusive targets again, but only for fun. It shouldn't record the score or anything. They can justify them by having them as "Memories" or something where 47 can remember some of his old hits. I'd like to try some of these elusives again just for fun.

That's my take on it too. Disable the leaderboards, challenges and unlockables from it. Let people play the raw contract. The people who play the elusives still get the rewards and experience, but everyone can play the content.

TheGentleman

Neo Member
Love this game, Haven't brought the upgrade pack yet, just episodic for now.

Was enjoying playing the elusive's although a bug occurred in which I completed the latest one
Hacker
and when it finished I had a blank screen with no score or challenges etc. The game said I completed the target on the main screen so I didn't worry about it.

However I checked again this week hoping it was fixed after the time period was finished and it states that I haven't done the elusive at all, I redid the normal paris mission hoping for this to fix it to no avail.

I have to admit this was quite disheartening to see as I had completed each elusive until this point. (Was cheated in my opinion, out of silent assassin for the Wildcard due to him being found when I was in the boat and couldn't do anything. - has this been fixed yet?

Sorry if this sound's like complaining I was just wondering whether or not anyone else has had this happen or something similar?

KORNdoggy

That's my take on it too. Disable the leaderboards, challenges and unlockables from it. Let people play the raw contract. The people who play the elusives still get the rewards and experience, but everyone can play the content.

seems the smart thing to do. surely the time, money, and effort involved in making some of them is wasted if you only get 72 hours to do them? i mean, they hired gary busey for his voice, and "likeness" (they tried) as well as gary coles...seems weird to have it appear as such a limited time contract.

XaosWolf

Love this game, Haven't brought the upgrade pack yet, just episodic for now.

Was enjoying playing the elusive's although a bug occurred in which I completed the latest one
Hacker
and when it finished I had a blank screen with no score or challenges etc. The game said I completed the target on the main screen so I didn't worry about it.

However I checked again this week hoping it was fixed after the time period was finished and it states that I haven't done the elusive at all, I redid the normal paris mission hoping for this to fix it to no avail.

I have to admit this was quite disheartening to see as I had completed each elusive until this point. (Was cheated in my opinion, out of silent assassin for the Wildcard due to him being found when I was in the boat and couldn't do anything. - has this been fixed yet?

Sorry if this sound's like complaining I was just wondering whether or not anyone else has had this happen or something similar?

I had a similar thing happen on one of the bonus summer missions. Completed most of the challenges and SASO'd the targets.
Then it rambled off the challenges and gave me a big fat zero for score and mastery.

Now I get nothing on that mission. >=[

Hacker

I've had the blank Mission Accomplished screen after one elusive, but I've never had it not register the elusive completion.

Redoing the regular Paris mission should haven given you the challenges. Maybe do that while the elusive is still active?

I feel like the vast majority of players don't care about the leaderboards or unlockables, and they are mostly drawn to the thrill and tension of the premise.

If replayable elusives kill that tension for everyone, it would be a huge loss for the game.

Tuffty

Episode 5 coming out on Sept 27th

The story mission for Episode 5 is titled “Freedom Fighters” and is not one to be taken lightly. Agent 47 must infiltrate a Colorado farm compound that has been converted into a private militia training camp. With four targets to locate and take out, this will be an intense infiltration mission and the toughest assignment yet for Agent 47.

The four targets are Sean Rose, Maya Parvati, Ezra Berg and Penelope Graves; four very different, very dangerous people with their own specialist skill-sets ranging from environmental terrorism to chemical interrogation.
Episode 5 will include all-new opportunities and disguises, plus 70 challenges that will unlock brand new gear, weapons and items for 47 to use in all existing locations. Not only that, Episode 5: Colorado also rewards players with huge story revelations as the season builds towards a thrilling climax.

“This is one of the toughest episodes yet. Not only do you have four targets, but from the moment you set foot in Colorado you’re on enemy ground. 'Freedom Fighters' is a key episode, which will add serious momentum to the story and set up an intriguing season finale for players.” - Hannes Seifert, Studio Head at Io-Interactive

5821873095201.098.15fd3619f610477c0e6e532e06007b8a.jpg
5821893280935.605.47832044399c10b11ea2be0a0fedaab0.jpg

Jintor

Well it's a nice spin on things but it's still the god damn American midwest. Ahhhhhhhhh well they haven't let me down level-wise so far

But fuck man, I hate missions where there's little to no 'public area'

Well it's a nice spin on things but it's still the god damn American midwest. Ahhhhhhhhh well they haven't let me down level-wise so far

But fuck man, I hate missions where there's little to no 'public area'

Reminds me of tracking hayamoto in that sense. Definitely one of those missions I had to really learn to love.

Jintor

The only one I liked was the White House and that was because it was trivial to get a good disguise and roam the rest of the map

Okay, there's a wide-open part of the level with a sniper vantage point. I would guess that means at least two targets are not out in the open.

If that building in the concept art (a grain silo?) is also in the level, there will be a lot of ground to cover.

I think this level is going to be extremely divisive. Part of the appeal of episodic levels was getting a big sandbox to play about in each month and this sounds far more restrictive. Perfect in a full release alongside other more open missions but it could put some people off knowing it's all we'll get in September.

I really love that we're getting level-specific outfits for each level. I wonder what Japan will have (possibly the winter coat from the prologue?)

ZeroX03

Banned
Mission looks a lot better than earlier screenshots. Wider area, I was expecting more or less just a huge factory.

Not feeling this "the moment you set foot in Colorado you’re on enemy ground" bit. Constant military presence didn't help Marrakesh.

Feels like this mission could be prime for a bonus level revamp like Marrakesh got.

ev0

I think this level is going to be extremely divisive. Part of the appeal of episodic levels was getting a big sandbox to play about in each month and this sounds far more restrictive. Perfect in a full release alongside other more open missions but it could put some people off knowing it's all we'll get in September.

I agree, and it was actually something I mentioned in their recent survey regarding Marrakesh.I enjoyed it, but it being so restrictive with disguises at times made it kind of annoying- and that had a public area.

But also it IS the kind of thing that works if you are plaything through a full game on release- but as a standalone thing it can perceived differently.

I wonder if the 3rd bonus mission "Landslide" will be a remixed more friendly version of this stage.

KingKong

I mean I assume there will be a guy peeing or something as soon as you get in so you get an outfit and can walk around. It's not like you're gonna have to be sneaking around the entire time

Top Bottom