• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Fired this up to play the latest escalation missions and...

F7ac.jpg

He has the Blood Money suit. Which should be unobtainable right now but seems to be still unlocking for random people due to a bug.

Edit: Decently fun escalation. One target ended up a little too similar to The Kirie Agitation for day Marrakesh, but the big wacky twist made up for it.

Finally, they found something to put in safes other than vodka bottles.

Mik2121

Help! I only bought the original pack with Paris and I wanna play some more. I'm only thinking about buying one other location, would it be ok to skip some or I should go in order?
If so, which one do you guys recommend? I heard Sapienza is pretty good?

Meneses

Help! I only bought the original pack with Paris and I wanna play some more. I'm only thinking about buying one other location, would it be ok to skip some or I should go in order?

Well, going in order means getting Sapienza, which is the best level, so you're good there.

Although to be honest I don't know if you can actually skip episodes.

MUnited83

For you.

Sapienza is the best one, so you can go get that.

That said, you'll be best just buying the upgrade to the full thing.

Finished that elusive target really quickly, Helmut Kruger outfit OP.

EDIT: By the way, are the elusive targets tied to the platform or is it tied to your Square Enix account? I recently started playing the PC version as I was playing the PS4 version and I was just wondering.

Vlaphor

Threw a pale duck in the path of the scientist, she asked one of her guards to go check it...and he brings it back to her.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I've finally cracked after all this time. Can't have a Hitman game out there that easily carries on the trajectory of the series pre-Absolution and not be along for the ride... even if IOI's handling of the offline mode was shitty.

I've got £16 quid. Which two episodes should I get?

You have the intro pack? Then Sapienza and Bangkok.

Well, Colorado in less than two weeks might be better than Bangkok. But, Sapienza will probably stand as the best episode of the season.

And if you don't get Bangkok you can't unlock the exploding phone.

tchocky

I've finally cracked after all this time. Can't have a Hitman game out there that easily carries on the trajectory of the series pre-Absolution and not be along for the ride... even if IOI's handling of the offline mode was shitty.

I've got £16 quid. Which two episodes should I get?

You cannot play the later levels without the intro pack so buy that for £11.

After that you will be £2 short for an individual episode so I would either wait until you have £33 for the upgrade pack or if you are going to buy them individually most people agree that Sapienza is the best episode.

You will not get access to the bonus episodes if you buy episodes individually you need to either buy the full experience or the upgrade pack. Although IO have said they will bundle the bonus episodes together later for a price.

So is the fact that you can pick up the exploding phone after you activate it and then place it again but this time it won't ring or explode a bug, or just how it is supposed to work?

Some random thoughts on the game in general now that we have a clearer picture of the entire season:

-The exploding phone is the best addition, even though it is a bit wonky

-They really need some new idea for elusive targets that isn't just constant bodyguard patrol

-Replayed the Helmet Kruger opportunity recently and it turns out that the girl Margolis wants you to seduce and spy on is Jessica Highmore, probably a sister of the girl who was pushed from the building by the rock-star.

-They really need to improve the contracts in the second season, it's a shame you can't sort them by most played, best rated, or even follow the creators, the only thing you have is that code thing

-I guess that actor/photographer dude from the intro cinematic got cut or pushed back to the second season. Nothing about the scenes in that trailer indicates that he is located in Japan unless they change it up completely.

-So we still have no idea who the main antagonist is? The only guy I could think of that barely fits and has been mentioned is the Russian spymaster Janus mentioned in the tutorial missions. I just hope it isn't another clone or something.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
You have the intro pack? Then Sapienza and Bangkok.

Well, Colorado in less than two weeks might be better than Bangkok. But, Sapienza will probably stand as the best episode of the season.

And if you don't get Bangkok you can't unlock the exploding phone.

Yeah, I already have the intro pack. Nice one, ta.

You cannot play the later levels without the intro pack so buy that for £11.

After that you will be £2 short for an individual episode so I would either wait until you have £33 for the upgrade pack or if you are going to buy them individually most people agree that Sapienza is the best episode.

You will not get access to the bonus episodes if you buy episodes individually you need to either buy the full experience or the upgrade pack. Although IO have said they will bundle the bonus episodes together later for a price.

Are the bonus episodes worth it...? What do they entail exactly?

I could always wait for retail, I suppose.

Deadstar

Is anyone aware of a guide that says which weapons can be used to give you silent assassin? I'm always confused as to whether or not explosives give you silent assassin or not.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone aware of a guide that says which weapons can be used to give you silent assassin? I'm always confused as to whether or not explosives give you silent assassin or not.

you can kill with any weapon and get SA as long as the body isn't found and nobody sees you do it.

there are a few instances where you can kill someone and it doesn't matter if they find the body because it counts as an accident. off the top of my head things like

dropping a chandelier, signs etc
pushing someone off a ledge
poisoning food
syringe
electrocution
burn in oil

as long as nobody sees you do it you're okay.

explosives are tricky because killing someone with an explosive will count against your SA rating so the trick is to chain explosives to make them appear like an accident. So for example if you drop a duck near a car and blow it up the car explosion technically kills the target so you leave the body. If you just blow somebody up you need to hide the body but it's very hard because you don't have enough time normally.

using fire extinguishers is a good trick. If you shoot one the explosion will kill someone and it will count as an accident. You see this a lot where people will drop a duck then a fire extinguishers it's because the duck blows up the extinguisher which kills the target and counts as an accident.

Don't forget that toilets count as accidents, so you don't need to hide drowned bodies.

Are the bonus episodes worth it...? What do they entail exactly?

I could always wait for retail, I suppose.

In the bonus episode's levels you go to alternate versions of existing levels and kill entirely different targets. So far we've had night Sapienza and night Marrakesh, and both levels set up completely different scenarios (but also cut off big parts of the daytime levels).

Night Sapienza is heavily restricted and is over with pretty quickly. Night Marrakesh is pretty good, but you have to have played daytime Marrakesh first to appreciate how it fleshes out underused parts of the level.

When the bonus episodes go on sale, they will be bundled with a third bonus level (location unknown right now).

-So we still have no idea who the main antagonist is? The only guy I could think of that barely fits and has been mentioned is the Russian spymaster Janus mentioned in the tutorial missions. I just hope it isn't another clone or something.

My speculation is that it's once again someone who was on the yacht in 1998. We already know Isabella Caruso and Thomas Cross were there - so this is turning out to be a fateful event where a lot of things got set in motion.

what's the difference between the remote phone and the remote duck? I don't really play much with explosives (unprofessional, imo)

The phone makes a bigger explosion. There's also a delay between when you trigger it and when the target answers, which I guess could make a difference.

Just got Silent Assassin on the new elusive

Dropped the chandelier on her when she was going up the stairs

Just managed to pull off my plan for silent assassin, which was similar but slower.

Dropped the chandelier on her when she was standing in the middle of the office.

I just realized that the target's bodyguards are the two who normally hang out at the top of the stairs outside the office and have a conversation. Very lucky that they were not positioned there.

I haven't had a SA since #5. So much tension during the escape.

My speculation is that it's once again someone who was on the yacht in 1998. We already know Isabella Caruso and Thomas Cross were there - so this is turning out to be a fateful event where a lot of things got set in motion.

The phone makes a bigger explosion. There's also a delay between when you trigger it and when the target answers, which I guess could make a difference.
Hmm haven't played the yacht in a long time, I should go back to it.

You forgot the best feature of the phone - it plays the midi version of ave maria when you call it.

Shaanyboi

Banned
tried using the explosive rubber duck, but she sent a guard to check it out first

after the AI reset, I just threw a knife at her as the Vampire Magician and scurried away.

-The exploding phone is the best addition, even though it is a bit wonky

THERE'S AN EXPLODING PHONE?! HOW?! WHERE?!

tried using the explosive rubber duck, but she sent a guard to check it out first

after the AI reset, I just threw a knife at her as the Vampire Magician and scurried away.

THERE'S AN EXPLODING PHONE?! HOW?! WHERE?!

lvl 20 mastery in Bangkok reward (actually it might not be even for lvl 20 mastery but an earlier one, I think the golden silenced pistol is the lvl 20 mastery)

Well I went the cheap way out and just tossed the old white duck at her, her bodyguard grabbed it and I blew it up right at the gate and exited before my hunted status began. LMAO. That duck is super OP, I'm surprised the devs haven't neutered it.

BLOOD MONEY SUIT BABY.

Foffy

Banned
Take it with a grain of salt here, but there appears to be leaks about Japan...

One of your targets is Erich Soders in a Hokkaido hospital. This name should sound familiar, as he's the ICA agent that never liked Diana and 47.

There's that and more target information here. Seems the third bonus episode may be
another take on Sapienza, or at least an ET proposed by the main target of the level. Very weird.

Think twice before you click on those spoilers, folks. Seems to come from some of the people datamining the game files (which contain text like mission briefings): you could be blowing the premise of episode 6 wide open for yourself right here.

For non-spoiler reveals, you may want to watch today's official Hitman livestream, https://www.twitch.tv/hitman/v/89637528 which reveals some huge improvements to contracts mode coming with episode 5. Full-fledged search options, extensive options for specifying weapons (or even specific accidents), etc.

ZeroX03

Banned
Take it with a grain of salt here, but there appears to be leaks about Japan...

One of your targets is Erich Soders in a Hokkaido hospital. This name should sound familiar, as he's the ICA agent that never liked Diana and 47.

There's that and more target information here. Seems the third bonus episode may be
another take on Sapienza, or at least an ET proposed by the main target of the level. Very weird.

Did anyone not expect a target like that for Japan? All signs had the story pointing in that direction.

Sounds like an ET for the second one.

Top Bottom