• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Dalibor68

Banned
Very excited! It does have potential to suck but equally as much it has potential to be awesome. Definitely looking forward to it.

I mean I assume there will be a guy peeing or something as soon as you get in so you get an outfit and can walk around. It's not like you're gonna have to be sneaking around the entire time

With a level like this I hope there are several ways just to get in, like with the Sapienza mansion. You get dropped off at the heavily-guarded front entrance, but you can go around to find a guard hanging out alone, find a tunnel, drop down from above, etc.

And then presumably you can start the level having infiltrated as a chef or whatever.

Metal-Geo

Really curious how this'll this up to be. The abandoned school section of Marrakesh is perhaps my most disliked portion of the game so far. An entire episode with a similar concept, but at a bigger scale kind of worries me.

If this level uses the ol' cartoon cliche of a farm hidding a large, high-tech military base underground, it may become my favourite episode after all!

justjim89

This is giving me serious vibes of Death on the Mississippi with the numerous targets as well as Absolution with the Midwest setting and the fact that it seems more like a proper stealthy infiltration. Curious to see if they land on their feet with this one.

Moff

so glad it's not just a refinery

but I was hoping for civilians, looks like it's only mercenaries, but we didn't have that yet so I don't really mind, looks promising either way

Roldan

Huh, this game's been on my radar for some moment. I really want to buy it since I'm not playing at all on my PS4 lately.

The question is: do I have access to that bonus episode or was that exclusive to those who already had paid for the full game?

Also, other than spending more money, do I lose any content by buying Ep1 + Upgrade pack?

You should get all content (including the bonus missions, but not including past elusive targets) if you buy either the full game or the upgrade pack.

I got to take a look at Colorado at gamescom, and got to speak to Torben from Io about it all - pretty interested by some of the stuff he said!

http://nextgengamingblog.com/blog/hitman-colorado-preview-and-developer-interview

I don't think anyone should expect elusive targets to come back after this. He's said exactly what I was thinking - they would lose far more than they gain from letting people replay them.

Think about it: all your runs in the regular missions blend together after a while. You don't even remember what you did your first time killing the story targets anymore. It would be bad if the elusives were the same.

Moff

I agree with this

not to mention, elusives are actually very easy, if you could replay them, even without scores (which most people don't care about), they would be like anything else, just in super easy mode.
plus they'd lose their uniqueness and their value.
although I missed one as well, I'm against bringing them back, I'd rather have only new ones.

winstano

I don't think anyone should expect elusive targets to come back after this. He's said exactly what I was thinking - they would lose far more than they gain from letting people replay them.

Think about it: all your runs in the regular missions blend together after a while. You don't even remember what you did your first time killing the story targets anymore. It would be bad if the elusives were the same.

I totally agree, it was a question I'd been asked by someone as they missed the Busey hit and were wondering if the content would be folded back into the main game :)

Altairre

I was trying to download the recent update (about 300 MB) and it would just stop downloading at some point. Turns out I didn't have enough free space on my drive because the patching process has to copy the entire game to the download folder. I need at least 45 GB of free space to apply a 300 MB update? That's some bullshit right there.

Ludens

Banned
I was trying to download the recent update (about 300 MB) and it would just stop downloading at some point. Turns out I didn't have enough free space on my drive because the patching process has to copy the entire game to the download folder. I need at least 45 GB of free space to apply a 300 MB update? That's some bullshit right there.

Yeah, the same happened to me. It's very irritating, and I'm considering to just uninstall the game for now to download it when it will be fully released later one, each patch is a mess.

ymgve

Yeah, Steam's patching system isn't great if your patches shuffle game data around. I've started doing the same - just uninstalling, then redownloading when something new is out.

MUnited83

For you.
I've moved the game to my HDD to download the update, but even that screws up. Seems im stuck on a download loop. Each time I almost have the download complete, the size of the download grows bigger...

I have read that the game had some technical issue when it was released on PS4, was it fixed ?
If I recall it was server load issues (all unlocks depend on connection) and yes that was only an issue at launch.

The game has little bugs but it's also incredibly complex so it's forgiveable!

If I recall it was server load issues (all unlocks depend on connection) and yes that was only an issue at launch.

The game has little bugs but it's also incredibly complex so it's forgiveable!

Thanks i am considering getting it. I was waiting for a sale for the starter pack (yes i know, i am cheap) but i guess it won't happen.

Thanks i am considering getting it. I was waiting for a sale for the starter pack (yes i know, i am cheap) but i guess it won't happen.
probably not til long after the 'full' release.

I'd highly suggest even getting the starter pack... tons of content within the first level at this point.

ZeroX03

Banned

There was a 10% sale, but that's the lowest it's been discounted and the lowest it will be discounted for at least four months. Starter Pack also makes it $5 more expensive in the long run. Full package still the best deal.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Episode 5 coming out on Sept 27th

5821873095201.098.15fd3619f610477c0e6e532e06007b8a.jpg
5821893280935.605.47832044399c10b11ea2be0a0fedaab0.jpg

Fuuuuck, sounds so good.

Joey Ravn

Banned
New Elusive Target 'The Pharmacist' goes live on Friday.

kjoF3X0.jpg

Paris? Nice. I know that map by heart, since I spent most of my time with the game in it. I refuse to play the next stage until I'm 100% done with each one. Sapienza felt really tiny and quick, in comparison :O

Should be interesting.

ymgve

They should make the Elusives a bit more varied, seems like everything is a target with a bodyguard tailing them four feet behind. How about some counter-snipers you have to take out before you can approach the target?

So the Episode 4 release brought in Contract lookups and a weapon lookup screen, right? Any details leak about what improvement Episode 5 might release? I'm still hoping for better contract restrictions and the crafting system that they've hinted at since the first episode, but I'm not holding my breath for either.

Multiple difficulties seems unlikely. The game balance still gets tweaked significantly in some patches, so just balancing the base game seems like a lot of work.

Another Paris ET?

This is far from the last Paris elusive, going by the data-mined game files (which are out there if you want to spoil yourself on some upcoming ones).

I didn't expect this many Paris elusives, but now that I think about it it makes sense to front-load more content for intro pack owners.

Foffy

Banned
Multiple difficulties seems unlikely. The game balance still gets tweaked significantly in some patches, so just balancing the base game seems like a lot of work.

This is far from the last Paris elusive, going by the data-mined game files (which are out there if you want to spoil yourself on some upcoming ones).

I didn't expect this many Paris elusives, but now that I think about it it makes sense to front-load more content for intro pack owners.

Would you be able to guide me in a direction to look at what's in store? I believe the current build supports 19 ETs, and this would be ET 10. Would 7 of the next 9 also be in Paris?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
They should make the Elusives a bit more varied, seems like everything is a target with a bodyguard tailing them four feet behind. How about some counter-snipers you have to take out before you can approach the target?
Excellent idea.

ev0

I guess they will probably put out most of the non Paris elusives once the retail version is out maybe?

Would like to see one in Bangkok soon tho

I'm hoping they put ET's on a constant rotation after season 1 ends, like one every 7 days and it just rotates through all the ones they have created. I know it breaks the "blink and they are gone forever!" idea, but I have a hard time believing they are going to never, ever bring them back. Doesn't really matter to me, I have done all of them so far and will continue to do so, but they are a really cool and fun part of the game and its a bummer most people wouldn't see them.

I'd guess Paris is the biggest ET host since a lot of people only have episode 1. I'd love to see an ET in night time Marrakesh or Sapienza, like a paparrazi who has snuck on set or maybe the son of the general in Marrakesh who is hunting YOU for killing his dad, and you only know one minor detail about him like he wears a certain brand of shoes or something. While I don't think they can program someone to actively hunt you out, they could make an NPC always hostile to you and have him wander far and wide in the maps of Marrakesh.

BibiMaghoo

I'm hoping they put ET's on a constant rotation after season 1 ends, like one every 7 days and it just rotates through all the ones they have created. I know it breaks the "blink and they are gone forever!" idea, but I have a hard time believing they are going to never, ever bring them back. Doesn't really matter to me, I have done all of them so far and will continue to do so, but they are a really cool and fun part of the game and its a bummer most people wouldn't see them.

They made it clear that they would never be repeating them, sadly. The disc version explicitly states that only the ET's from January next year going forward are included. If you missed them, they are gone. I missed most of them.

ev0

While it does seem like a waste of $ and resources to never bring back ETs, maybe they look at it from a marketing/promotion perspective. Dole out these ETs and a "big one" like the Busey thing as a way to entice users to buy in digitally/episodically. Busey was Sapienza, which left out intro pack users.

GeeTeeCee

While it does seem like a waste of $ and resources to never bring back ETs, maybe they look at it from a marketing/promotion perspective. Dole out these ETs and a "big one" like the Busey thing as a way to entice users to buy in digitally/episodically. Busey was Sapienza, which left out intro pack users.

There's definitely some truth to this - the Busey Elusive was what finally pushed me to purchase the upgrade pack.

I regret nothing.

Yeah, one thing that's really missing with this episodic release schedule is hotfixes. Even major bugs don't really get patched until the next actual content release.

Meanwhile the official Twitter is finally announcing the weekly live content ahead of release for once. Tomorrow we get the first escalation in night Marrakesh.

The things that map leaves out are scale and anything that's not a building, wall, or fence. Look at the official screenshots and imagine how much stuff is actually there, and how far you'd have to walk across the whole map.

But it seems like you would bring a lot of guards down on you if you did anything conspicuous, doesn't it?

Top Bottom