• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

MUnited83

For you.
It makes sense the other bonus episode
is in Sapienza again. Remember the leaks forever ago where we saw a scenario with a banda playing on the streets of Sapienza? Always assumed that would be third bonus. That leak makes it look even more so, since the episode happen in the last, when Silvio wasnt dead yet.

Seems the third bonus episode may be
another take on Sapienza, or at least an ET proposed by the main target of the level. Very weird.

Well, I had to find out what this was about, at the very least.

Don't forget that
the World of Tomorrow briefing introduced Caruso as a former client. Therefore this would be part of the backstory.
So it would not be an elusive target.

Jintor

Got her.
Staked out the office, planted a duck.

I think there might've been an opportunity to grab her and throw her off while ledge hanging but I wasn't sure if the mechanics worked that doing so would be incredibly obvious, so I went with the sure thing.

Amazingly I managed to position it so that the only thing the explosion took out was her.

Fired this up to play the latest escalation missions and...

F7ac.jpg

The tie color bothers me, it's supposed to be in darker red:

HitmanBloodMoney.exe_DX9_20140329_231137.bmp_1.png

So, I got the Blood Money suit but I've missed two ET's (the E3 one, and the Black Hat). Bug?

The suit unlock bug seems pretty widespread.

Plus, on yesterday's livestream the developers adamantly reiterated that you can't unlock the suits if you kill the target but die escaping - but I'm pretty sure everyone is getting the suits just based on the number of elusive target challenges completed. And those are marked as completed permanently even if you die.

And speaking of bugs, I just tried taking the exploding phone back to Paris and doing the Safe Room Explosion challenge with it. It didn't work - I had the phone ringing off the hook the whole time, but Novikov would not answer the phone during the entire evacuation event.

Bebpo

Banned
So is the cellphone bomb pretty much gamebreaking? Seems like it works really well for almost every elusive/escalation.

So is the cellphone bomb pretty much gamebreaking? Seems like it works really well for almost every elusive/escalation.

You could say the same about the exploding ducks or the sniper rifles in the sense that you can do just about every elusive target with them.

Silent assassin is a different story, though. Only the exploding ducks can pull off silent assassin (by chaining it with an "accidental" fire extinguisher, propane tank, car etc. explosion).

The tie color bothers me, it's supposed to be in darker red:

HitmanBloodMoney.exe_DX9_20140329_231137.bmp_1.png
image.php

It's been so long I hadn't realized and now I can't unsee it.

You could say the same about the exploding ducks or the sniper rifles in the sense that you can do just about every elusive target with them.

Silent assassin is a different story, though. Only the exploding ducks can pull off silent assassin (by chaining it with an "accidental" fire extinguisher, propane tank, car etc. explosion).

Remote breaching charges work too, better I'd say because of the smaller blast radius you're almost always guaranteed an accidental kill.

Jintor

lmao! Apparently if you're disguised as a guard if a civilian finds a gun or body sometimes they run to YOU to report it.

This game

Mesoian

MOTHER FUCKER.

I had the elusive target dead to rights. Dressed as Helmen, prox mine on the balcony, I was just waiting for her to walk over it. Some goober comes out from the party and walks over it instead and for some reason, her guards shoot me to death.

Fuck all of that. That's some shit.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
MOTHER FUCKER.

I had the elusive target dead to rights. Dressed as Helmen, prox mine on the balcony, I was just waiting for her to walk over it. Some goober comes out from the party and walks over it instead and for some reason, her guards shoot me to death.

Fuck all of that. That's some shit.

I accidentally dropped the duck and blew myself up

You did better than me

justjim89

I really wish they'd make you kill an apparently good person for one of the ET's or missions. Why make 47 this cold unfeeling professional if everyone he kills deserves to die anyway? Make 47 go after a Presidential candidate promising to bring positive change to Washington. Make 47 kill a pharmaceutical manufacturer who intends to undercut the rest of the industry and make cancer medication dirt cheap. At least make the morality a little gray instead having every target be some murdering child molester monster.

Of course, that criticism could be levied against the whole series.

Francesca de Santis also didn't actually behave like an evil person, briefing aside. She was justified in spying on Caruso given how unhinged he turned out to be, she admitted to feeling sorry for him, and she reacted in an appropriately horrified fashion upon discovering his various plans (in at least three separate scenarios).

Also, she had no reason to offer Caruso condolences for the death anniversary, or to try to break up with Vargas to keep him safe. These seem like completely altruistic actions.

Now, I know that most of our targets have been completely unsubtle in their villainy, but that doesn't mean that there have to be good targets that are completely unsubtle in their... sainthood? Let the player discover the target's good acts as an optional part of the mission. Have opportunities that are tragic when you discover certain context.

You could have a reversal of the
Fade to Black
challenge in
Bangkok
. Have 47 confront and talk directly to the target in a setting that would force players to consider the morality of the assassination. Show 47 giving his cold, uncaring speech in that context.

Most of the escalations are also brutal, just having you kill random decent people in deplorable ways because some psycho out in the world decided to pay you $20k to do it.

Like the ones where you have to murder some model and the bodyguard that loves her with a battle axe or whatever, that stuff is nuts!

haha, I'd love a mode where you could instead just backtrace whoever hired you, and decide that person must die instead. Every escalation involves you killing the target or the hirer, and you get evil or good points based on a judgement call. They could swap stuff around so for example the Paris escalation that has you kill models; the person that hired you is a scumbag that is currently in a hotel room in Bangkok...

ArjanN

I don't think the escalations and bonus missions are technically canon.

It's definitely been a conscious choice to make the targets (mostly) evil, probably to keep 47 at least somewhat redeemable/relatable.

I felt they did play around with that a bit in Blood Money though, like with the amusement park owner, and in the final mission that also has you kill all the witnesses at the funeral including the priest and a reporter.

MUnited83

For you.

It's definitely been a conscious choice to make the targets (mostly) evil, probably to keep 47 at least somewhat redeemable/relatable.

I felt they did play around with that a bit in Blood Money though, like with the amusement park owner, and in the final mission that also has you kill all the witnesses at the funeral including the priest and a reporter.

Elusive targets aren't canon but the bonus episode missions are considered canon.

I haven't been able to take escalations as realistic ever since that one where the crowded marketplace was filled with landmines that only you and no one else can set off.

Also, the official livestream mentioned that something called "The Silent Man" was a backup elusive target in case the cardinal one couldn't be used. There was absolutely no context - I think this is something that just the dataminers knew about.

It would be funny if the whole idea is an elusive target who doesn't talk, so that no lines need to be recorded.

Jeffrey

hmmm wonder if you can use the smartphone bomb for this elusive.

edit: well that worked... but it also killed 4 civvies lol. I swear in most spy fiction the explosives in the cellphones typically are small, just need enough force to kill the dude that answers it... not the clear out the room.

Trojan

Just bought this game over the weekend (Starter pack) and really really like it so far. The levels are so dense and I love the way they stack so many unique challenges into each one. It makes you dig deep into what they built rather than plow through a level to get to the next one, missing a lot of the gameplay options and nuance.

The Elusive Target events are genius. Just finished my first one and loved the concept. Not being able to save or replay after dying are restrictions that ratchet up the tempo quite a bit. I was legit mapping out exact routes and fine tuning my run in order to make sure I didn't fuck up. Can't wait for the next one.

The release model they made for this game seemed suspect at first, but it's actually the best complement for this type of game. I knocked out the first few levels + the elusive target over the weekend, and when I'm back home next weekend I'll probably buy the next episode.

So far this is in my running for GOTY. They nailed it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Whoa, there. I didn't kill the priest. The bodyguards had no consideration for him while I used him as a shield!

Has there been any word on how successful the game has been so far (in terms of sales)?

IO has done everything right: the game is fantastic, and the episodic release format fits the series (apart from Absolution) perfectly. All of the new stuff they've tried like Escalations and Elusives has been great; apart from the disconnection bullshit at launch, they've really hit it out of the park if you ask me. I really hope the sales reflect what a great job they've done.

Pikma

Banned
If they added a little bit more complexity in terms of AI this would definitely be my fav game in the series so yeah, I think IO has done a great great job

Foffy

Banned
Game-wise, absolutely. That whole putting unlocks behind an online wall and not communicating it before launch? Nah, that soured me on the series for 6 months.

While that is a bunch of piss, let's be fair here: you know that shit came from their publisher who has a big, throbby Silverballer about big data.

They only want HAM on HITMAN, because the other games that track data don't actually block access. Then again, the other IPs bathed with this (Just Cause, Deus Ex and Tomb Raider, apparently) did not go fully digital at launch and wait for a physical copy later.

I can only hope they deal with this with the physical release, or at worst, expect the game to be broken open in time on PC, assuring access to the content the game has without fear of "digital rot" via disconnected servers. I'm pretty sure that's how we'll be assured Elusive Targets to be played years down the road, which I personally find important to preserve for the "fullness" of the game.

11 main missions isn't actually that huge on paper, but 11 main missions with a total of 19 currently known Elusive Targets planned for the game? Plus 6 more for the Sarajevo Six? That adds a hell of a lot more play time.

Game-wise, absolutely. That whole putting unlocks behind an online wall and not communicating it before launch? Nah, that soured me on the series for 6 months.
To be fair, it's a digital download only episodic release title, so I can understand why they might assume a connection in that instance. But yeah, that would suck if you have only sporadic internet access or an unreliable connection.

I would kill for a bonus mission of the Paris map just so they can do something fresh with the illusives.

I get it. Use Paris 90% of the time because thats the map everyone owns but I just wish they could add more variety to it somehow like with a alternative layout. Life a different event going on or something.

Ludens

Banned
I got really tired of this game. I completed all opportunities in Bangkok and guess what? No achievement. Half of them had a description yesterday and today there is none. I have the relative challenge unlocked but the opportunities result to be still locked.
Really, how can IO keep going away with this?
This bug is present from the first episode and it still occurs from time to time. I don't know if it's the server screwing up or whatever, but the game is already repetitive by itself, if you add time spent on doing things you already did because something went wrong...

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
While that is a bunch of piss, let's be fair here: you know that shit came from their publisher who has a big, throbby Silverballer about big data.

They only want HAM on HITMAN, because the other games that track data don't actually block access. Then again, the other IPs bathed with this (Just Cause, Deus Ex and Tomb Raider, apparently) did not go fully digital at launch and wait for a physical copy later.

I can only hope they deal with this with the physical release, or at worst, expect the game to be broken open in time on PC, assuring access to the content the game has without fear of "digital rot" via disconnected servers. I'm pretty sure that's how we'll be assured Elusive Targets to be played years down the road, which I personally find important to preserve for the "fullness" of the game.

I don't think they're gonna change it...

To be fair, it's a digital download only episodic release title, so I can understand why they might assume a connection in that instance.

Among every other press release confirming this, they chucked this on a Q&A on their website:

*Can I play HITMAN offline or do you have to be connected all the time?

You will be able to play the locations and missions offline. To play the live events, download updates or see things like leaderboards, you’ll need to be online.*

Nothing about basic, SP unlockables being hidden behind an online wall anywhere. In fact, they said on numerous sites you could play the 'Full game' except 'live' content. Here's one:

Square Enix confirmed: "Yes, you can play the full game offline after you have downloaded an episode. But there are live elements which you will need to access online."

I followed the game very closely and these aren't the only examples. I'm not sure when 'live elements' meant basic, SP unlockables and they never actually said.

Like, connection issues I can live with. My connection is great, so once the servers were fixed, it ran like a dream. However, given that a number of Challenges can only be completed with certain items unlocked, I think it was pretty shitty of them not to mention the game really is Online Only beforehand, hence why I didn't dip in for 6 months.

I'm over it now, mind. Sort of. :D

As far as I'm aware, nothing is changing for the retail release either.

Foffy

Banned
I don't think they're gonna change it...

Among every other press release confirming this, they chucked this on a Q&A on their website:

Nothing about basic, SP unlockables being hidden behind an online wall anywhere. In fact, they said on numerous sites you could play the 'Full game' except 'live' content. Here's one:

I followed the game very closely and these aren't the only examples. I'm not sure when 'live elements' meant basic, SP unlockables and they never actually said.

Like, connection issues I can live with. My connection is great, so once the servers were fixed, it ran like a dream. However, given that a number of Challenges can only be completed with certain items unlocked, I think it was pretty shitty of them not to mention the game really is Online Only beforehand, hence why I didn't dip in for 6 months.

I'm over it now, mind. Sort of. :D

As far as I'm aware, nothing is changing for the retail release either.

Well, if they don't change it, like I said, I hope the game gets hacked and busted post-release. They better not pull a Chromehounds where more than half of the game vanishes in time. Much better to be like Armored Core V where when the servers went down, the game got one final patch to migrate much of the online-only stuff to offline play, IIRC.

They especially better do this, or I hope the game does get busted on PC. Looking up some of the datamined ETs, I kind of do not feel comfortable with the game just being left as 11 main missions considering the amount that exist.

I will list all of the ones with information about them, as there's quite a great deal, if only to make my point that by linking so much to an always-online model, you're going to totally skimp the game if all of this will forever depend on active servers. Knowing unlockables and this amount of content is loosely hooked to the circumstance of IO supporting it on their servers concerns me deeply. The bolded ones are the ones we presently have had announced and available to play as of this post. The ones I list in italics have only had their target name revealed and no particular assets beyond that, so these may be cancelled ETs. Finally, these are not in any release order for their respective locations, for I've only put the ones we have played at the top of each list for visual convenience. Sarajevo Six targets are included as well, as they are very much like ETs, but they can be replayed: these too depend on an online connection, so there's no reason to hold them as separate.
There may be a good reason they're handled like ETs, too....

There are no spoilers to the specificity of any of these ETs as missions. Just names, and to highlight they have invested a fucking lot into this, even if we've only seen 10. I want Marrakesh-level protests for offline support post-physical release, because this is some crazy shit to leave on a thread by sheer volume. Without further rambling, though...

Paris:
[*]The Director - Scott Sarno (Sarajevo Six)

[*]The Forger - Sergei Larin

[*]The Sensation - Jonathan Smythe

[*]The Broker - Howard Moxon

[*]The Black Hat - Owen "Protagonist" Wagner

[*]The Pharmacist - Nila Torvik

[*]The Blackmailer - Walter Williams

[*]The Paparazzo - Kieran Hudson

[*]The Identity Thief - Brendan Conner

Sapienza:
[*]The Enforcer - Gary Lunn (Sarajevo Six)

[*]The Congressman - Anthony Trout

[*]The Prince - Father Adalrico Candelaria

[*]The Twin - Dylan Narváez

[*]The Wildcard - Gary Busey

[*]The Badboy - Bartholomew Argus

[*]The Guru - Richard J. Magee

[*]The Partners - Yo Ja Kyung & Maurice Dendry

[*]The Spodiatrist - Spodester

Marrakesh:
[*]The Extractor - Walter Menard (Sarajevo Six)

[*]The Gunrunner - Vito Đurić

[*]The Fixer - Xander Haverfoek

[*]The Freak - Mr. Giggles

Morocco:
[*]The Veteran - John Stubbs (Sarajevo Six)

[*]The Warlord - Adeze Ojiofur A.K.A. "Nna Obara"

[*]The Food Critic - Wen Ts’ai

Colorado:
[*]The Mercenary - Patrick Morgan (Sarajevo Six)

Japan:
[*]The Controller Taheiji Kojama (Sarajevo Six)

[*]The Surgeon - Doctor Pavel Frydel

Unknown:
[*]The Ex-Dictator - Richard Ekwensi

[*]The Rogue - Owen Cage

[*]The Angel of Death - Etta Davis

[*]The Bad Robinson - Jaromir Zotov

[*]The Ice Cube - Michael Dorman

[*]The Gunner - Herman Vanhoek

[*]The Tourist - Daniel Vestergaard

[*]The Burglar - Fitz Denis

[*]The Chef - Gabriel Santos

[*]The Torturer - Wilhelm "Willy" Schulz

[*]The Client - Taheiji Koyama

[*]The Playboy - Tren Sang-Ho

[*]The Gambler - Riley Hunter Moorefield

[*]The Documentarist - Phillipos Kaphanopolis

[*]The Fugutive - Unknown target

[*]The DJ - DJ SANGUE

[*]The Bookkeeper - Pertti Järnefelt

[*]The E-Sportsman - Zhen 'LOLRaptor2000' Yü

[*]The Operative - Mi-Cha Sun

[*]The Conditioner - Bradley Paine

[*]The Doomsayer - Giichi Daita

[*]The Author - Lawrence Wilson

I'm now on the train that if ETs aren't available post-physical release for players to play at their choosing, there's a huge amount of content being made being thrown away. Even if we're already seeing some ET bleeding and becoming samey in Paris, it doesn't change the fact more options and content is not only a better product to sell to players, and assuming the game has had what would appear to be lukewarm sales due to the DRM and episodic nature, the game needs the promise of content to really hook people into investing. Many of us hardcore dudes are on board despite this, but as a AAA game, unless you're FromSoft, hardcore dudes are not what can sustain you, especially if you want to make two more games continuing this specific storyline and your publisher is king crazy Square-Enix.

11 missions may seem "small" to a casual person, but if you count each ET as a separate mission, you end up with the largest Hitman game by far. Counting the two tutorial missions, six main missions, three bonus missions, six Sarajevo Targets, and
datamined ETs, you have about
scenarios to play with that are made by IO themselves.

And this is just game one of three that they want to make. Jay-Zus.

I really wish they'd make you kill an apparently good person for one of the ET's or missions. Why make 47 this cold unfeeling professional if everyone he kills deserves to die anyway? Make 47 go after a Presidential candidate promising to bring positive change to Washington. Make 47 kill a pharmaceutical manufacturer who intends to undercut the rest of the industry and make cancer medication dirt cheap. At least make the morality a little gray instead having every target be some murdering child molester monster.

Of course, that criticism could be levied against the whole series.
Blood Money had the theme park owner in the tutorial mission, and Contracts had the captured private investigator. Other than that, yeah, just about every other target in the series is a scumbag.

Jintor

good evening 47. your target today is a world-renowned philanthropist who gives money to the poor and personally reads books to orphans. But by night... he's secretly smuggling medicine to impoverished countries in defiance of corrupt laws created by the big pharma lobby.

I've been playing this game for the last couple of weeks and finally finished all 4 episodes yesterday. Got to level 20 in all of them and completed all the opportunities. I love the game and I really do think standalone/episodic missions are a great idea for what they're trying to do here. In the past Hitman games I'd only ever play a level once before moving on to the next story chapter. Here I see twenty ways to complete each level, some of which are downright hilarious, and I actually want to replay them to find new things about each map.

I did have a question about opportunities though. I noticed I'd complete an opportunity but somehow it wouldn't register as being completed. It's not a big deal but after you've done a few there doesn't seem to be any way of knowing which ones are registered as completed and which aren't. Is there some way to track which opportunities you've completed that I haven't been able to figure out in the game? It doesn't seem to be in any of the menus.

I got really tired of this game. I completed all opportunities in Bangkok and guess what? No achievement. Half of them had a description yesterday and today there is none. I have the relative challenge unlocked but the opportunities result to be still locked.
Really, how can IO keep going away with this?
This bug is present from the first episode and it still occurs from time to time. I don't know if it's the server screwing up or whatever, but the game is already repetitive by itself, if you add time spent on doing things you already did because something went wrong...

Like I mentioned above, this does get somewhat frustrating. It's especially weird when you get opportunity completion popups well after you've actually completed it, so you're left wondering if it even registered or not.

The thing about preserving elusive targets is that most of them so far have been extremely simple, to compensate for the risk of permanent failure. And they occasionally contain things that are inexplicably unfinished, like the coffee maker added for The Congressman (which doesn't do anything).

The more elaborate setups, like the locked-down church, would be worth saving for posterity in some form. I'm not going to particularly miss all the people who just walk around with two bodyguards, though.

I did have a question about opportunities though. I noticed I'd complete an opportunity but somehow it wouldn't register as being completed. It's not a big deal but after you've done a few there doesn't seem to be any way of knowing which ones are registered as completed and which aren't. Is there some way to track which opportunities you've completed that I haven't been able to figure out in the game? It doesn't seem to be in any of the menus.

I think the main issue is that you can "finish" some opportunities without following the exact steps (for example, waiting for someone to come to you rather than going to that person and making him follow you) - this means the game might not count the opportunity as actually completed. Unfortunately, there's no way to track completed opportunities.

The only thing I can suggest is to listen for the distinctive "opportunity completed" noise - as long as that noise plays, then I think you can be sure that it counts.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Well, if they don't change it, like I said, I hope the game gets hacked and busted post-release. They better not pull a Chromehounds where more than half of the game vanishes in time. Much better to be like Armored Core V where when the servers went down, the game got one final patch to migrate much of the online-only stuff to offline play, IIRC.

They especially better do this, or I hope the game does get busted on PC. Looking up some of the datamined ETs, I kind of do not feel comfortable with the game just being left as 11 main missions considering the amount that exist.

I will list all of the ones with information about them, as there's quite a great deal, if only to make my point that by linking so much to an always-online model, you're going to totally skimp the game if all of this will forever depend on active servers. Knowing unlockables and this amount of content is loosely hooked to the circumstance of IO supporting it on their servers concerns me deeply. The bolded ones are the ones we presently have had announced and available to play as of this post. The ones I list in italics have only had their target name revealed and no particular assets beyond that, so these may be cancelled ETs. Finally, these are not in any release order for their respective locations, for I've only put the ones we have played at the top of each list for visual convenience. Sarajevo Six targets are included as well, as they are very much like ETs, but they can be replayed: these too depend on an online connection, so there's no reason to hold them as separate.
There may be a good reason they're handled like ETs, too....

There are no spoilers to the specificity of any of these ETs as missions. Just names, and to highlight they have invested a fucking lot into this, even if we've only seen 10. I want Marrakesh-level protests for offline support post-physical release, because this is some crazy shit to leave on a thread by sheer volume. Without further rambling, though...

Paris:
[*]The Director - Scott Sarno (Sarajevo Six)

[*]The Forger - Sergei Larin

[*]The Sensation - Jonathan Smythe

[*]The Broker - Howard Moxon

[*]The Black Hat - Owen "Protagonist" Wagner

[*]The Pharmacist - Nila Torvik

[*]The Blackmailer - Walter Williams

[*]The Paparazzo - Kieran Hudson

[*]The Identity Thief - Brendan Conner

Sapienza:
[*]The Enforcer - Gary Lunn (Sarajevo Six)

[*]The Congressman - Anthony Trout

[*]The Prince - Father Adalrico Candelaria

[*]The Twin - Dylan Narváez

[*]The Wildcard - Gary Busey

[*]The Badboy - Bartholomew Argus

[*]The Guru - Richard J. Magee

[*]The Partners - Yo Ja Kyung & Maurice Dendry

[*]The Spodiatrist - Spodester

Marrakesh:
[*]The Extractor - Walter Menard (Sarajevo Six)

[*]The Gunrunner - Vito Đurić

[*]The Fixer - Xander Haverfoek

[*]The Freak - Mr. Giggles

Morocco:
[*]The Veteran - John Stubbs (Sarajevo Six)

[*]The Warlord - Adeze Ojiofur A.K.A. "Nna Obara"

[*]The Food Critic - Wen Ts’ai

Colorado:
[*]The Mercenary - Patrick Morgan (Sarajevo Six)

Japan:
[*]The Controller Taheiji Kojama (Sarajevo Six)

[*]The Surgeon - Doctor Pavel Frydel

Unknown:
[*]The Ex-Dictator - Richard Ekwensi

[*]The Rogue - Owen Cage

[*]The Angel of Death - Etta Davis

[*]The Bad Robinson - Jaromir Zotov

[*]The Ice Cube - Michael Dorman

[*]The Gunner - Herman Vanhoek

[*]The Tourist - Daniel Vestergaard

[*]The Burglar - Fitz Denis

[*]The Chef - Gabriel Santos

[*]The Torturer - Wilhelm "Willy" Schulz

[*]The Client - Taheiji Koyama

[*]The Playboy - Tren Sang-Ho

[*]The Gambler - Riley Hunter Moorefield

[*]The Documentarist - Phillipos Kaphanopolis

[*]The Fugutive - Unknown target

[*]The DJ - DJ SANGUE

[*]The Bookkeeper - Pertti Järnefelt

[*]The E-Sportsman - Zhen 'LOLRaptor2000' Yü

[*]The Operative - Mi-Cha Sun

[*]The Conditioner - Bradley Paine

[*]The Doomsayer - Giichi Daita

[*]The Author - Lawrence Wilson

I'm now on the train that if ETs aren't available post-physical release for players to play at their choosing, there's a huge amount of content being made being thrown away. Even if we're already seeing some ET bleeding and becoming samey in Paris, it doesn't change the fact more options and content is not only a better product to sell to players, and assuming the game has had what would appear to be lukewarm sales due to the DRM and episodic nature, the game needs the promise of content to really hook people into investing. Many of us hardcore dudes are on board despite this, but as a AAA game, unless you're FromSoft, hardcore dudes are not what can sustain you, especially if you want to make two more games continuing this specific storyline and your publisher is king crazy Square-Enix.

11 missions may seem "small" to a casual person, but if you count each ET as a separate mission, you end up with the largest Hitman game by far. Counting the two tutorial missions, six main missions, three bonus missions, six Sarajevo Targets, and
datamined ETs, you have about
scenarios to play with that are made by IO themselves.

And this is just game one of three that they want to make. Jay-Zus.

Crickey! That's a genocide of hits, right there.

Thing is, they included those under the 'live content' description so I'm fine with those not being available offline. I'd've been pissed but okay if they had said Unlockables were online only too.

Ludens

Banned
And nothing, I completed the opportunity in which you need to bring Morgan to the laundry room four times, he remains alone in the room, I kill him, the next time I start the mission the opportunity has no description.
And I did two times the happy birthday opportunity too.
I read there's the same problem on XBox, it's very irritating when you have just a small amount of time during the day to play and, guess what, all for nothing-

GeeTeeCee

New unlock for Colorado confirmed:

This is going to enable so many new strategies.

I'm not creative enough to figure out what those strategies might involve :(

Surely if this acts like the existing emetic poison (it causes the target to become ill and find a place to throw up), if you're close enough and hidden enough to administer it to the target without suspicion, why not just use a more lethal equivalent?

I still don't know how half the poisons in this game actually work, I've only ever used the standard emetic pick ups scattered throughout the levels so far.

Surely if this acts like the existing emetic poison (it causes the target to become ill and find a place to throw up), if you're close enough and hidden enough to administer it to the target without suspicion, why not just use a more lethal equivalent?

I still don't know how half the poisons in this game actually work, I've only ever used the standard emetic pick ups scattered throughout the levels so far.

This can be used to get non-targets out of the way in a nonlethal fashion when it's too risky to knock them out. Often more predictable than throwing things/setting off explosions, and faster than dropping a weapon as a distraction.

Sometimes you just need one person to not be there for a while. Remember that guy guarding the general's office in the school?

GeeTeeCee

This can be used to get non-targets out of the way in a nonlethal fashion when it's too risky to knock them out. Often more predictable than throwing things/setting off explosions, and faster than dropping a weapon as a distraction.

Sometimes you just need one person to not be there for a while. Remember that guy guarding the general's office in the school?

Wow, I hadn't even considered that. This will make life (and death) easier in future for sure.

On a somewhat related note, I've been out of the loop on hitman for a while, and on hitman strategies for even longer; did we ever get a solid reason to use the sedative poison?

On a somewhat related note, I've been out of the loop on hitman for a while, and on hitman strategies for even longer; did we ever get a solid reason to use the sedative poison?

Nope. I can't think of a place where you can get someone to ingest sedatives without the body being found.

Plus the victim still makes loud choking noises and alerts everyone before passing out. You would think putting sedatives in a shisha pipe would be the one plausible way to use them...

Foffy

Banned

Probably to knock out dudes without choking them?

If it sounds largely ineffective and super contextual, it probably is.

Top Bottom