• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

MUnited83

For you.
The tornado shelter exit is only for the story mission, and all other exits are only for non-story Colorado runs. They are mutually exclusive.

I was a bit pissed when I was completing my first user contract and went to the trouble of getting the face, only to discover that I couldn't use the damn room as an exit on user contracts lol

Has anyone seen any YouTube videos or sites which summarise the story so far?

Obviously the cutscenes are self explanatory, but there are a lot of interesting in-game conversations you can easily miss, and I'm wondering if there's anywhere that has them all recorded.

Has anyone seen any YouTube videos or sites which summarise the story so far?

Obviously the cutscenes are self explanatory, but there are a lot of interesting in-game conversations you can easily miss, and I'm wondering if there's anywhere that has them all recorded.

This is by far the best one, although unfortunately he's only done one of these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSneF9RzLRg

(What this doesn't mention is that World of Tomorrow has a couple of references to the upcoming bonus mission, Landslide. There's one of those in this video, and another one that's more obscure.)

For the other levels you can find Many A True Nerd's videos by searching for "hitman full story".

Jintor

i'm actually really impressed by the way the story has developed so far (kinda of garbage ICA compromised AGAIN sideplot aside). the way it's completely ignorable yet really strong, and the direction of the cutscenes is great

honestly this is probably all on all my GOTY, especially since i side-stepped the whole buying thing by just getting it outright after paris

Finally got around to doing Colorodo. I'm confused, I was under the impression this Hitman was a reboot, was it not presented that way? That 47 is a rookie this time and these are his early days, but the ending cutscene suggests at least Blood Money has occurred in this timeline so what gives? When did the game time jump from 47 being trained in the hangar at the start to being a 10+ year hitman vet?

ZeroX03

Banned
Still haven't had a chance to try Colorado, will make time for it tonight.

Finally got around to doing Colorodo. I'm confused, I was under the impression this Hitman was a reboot, was it not presented that way? That 47 is a rookie this time and these are his early days, but the ending cutscene suggests at least Blood Money has occurred in this timeline so what gives? When did the game time jump from 47 being trained in the hangar at the start to being a 10+ year hitman vet?

Uhhhh wasn't that from Paris onward?

TheKeyPit

Banned

This game has a tiny bit of story and yet you miss it? The first thing you see in the prologue is "20 years earlier".

Don't forget that the cutscene right after The Final Test shows events from all five past games. The chronology is Codename 47 tutorial -> Hitman 2016 tutorial -> the five previous games -> Hitman 2016.

I just did my sniper run, and it was quite possibly the best sniper experience in the game so far. For once they cut to the chase and let you both start at, and put the rifle at, the sniper nest. The guards can't pinpoint the gunshot source this time (due to sheer distance?), and the alarm is sounded more slowly if you make clean shots, so you can just stand there and pick them all off in a couple of minutes.

Now I need to find a good use for these level 20 unlocks, which are, if nothing else, satisfying to use.

ZeroX03

Banned
Latest patch has really messed with the sound in the game. Sounds like it's been drained of all bass. Dialogue from people outside sounds like it's coming from an echoing hall. Not my speakers too, it's the same over headphones. Weird.

Nico_D

Can't read the whole thread to see if this has been answered already but does anyone else have problems with Intel texts in Colorado? In my game multiple entries have messed up text (symbols) instead of readable text.

This is by far the best one, although unfortunately he's only done one of these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSneF9RzLRg

(What this doesn't mention is that World of Tomorrow has a couple of references to the upcoming bonus mission, Landslide. There's one of those in this video, and another one that's more obscure.)

For the other levels you can find Many A True Nerd's videos by searching for "hitman full story".

Many a True Nerd has done this for 2-4 and will surely cover Colorado and Japan within a week or two of release.

Sapienza
Marrakesh
Thailand
Thanks guys, those were great. I wonder who
Marco Abiatti
is; Francesca says that
"everyone thought it was a political assassination," but apparently it was a hit that Silvio used the ICA to pull off.

Hopefully we'll get one for Colorado soon, it seems like there'll be some pretty juicy info there.

Jintor

if you're more into text this guy lady has a good general story analysis in written form. No offence to Many a True Nerd but I just can't stand lore videos, they take forever.

She doesn't really get what H6 is doing though imho

BibiMaghoo

Played through my first two runs yesterday, and so far I feel like it's the least fun level. I found original starting position quite frustrating to infiltrate from, and while the map is very large and has some amazing lighting, it's not a setting I like. It's not a problem now I have other starting positions, but I miss having no safe zone.

I feel like Colorado is a good example of "less is more" (I'd rather have way more opportunities with fewer targets) and, uh, "more is more?" It just feels small and surprisingly empty.

Maybe Paris and Sapienza set the bar and expectations too high. Hopefully we get more like those in Season 2.

I feel like Colorado is a good example of "less is more" (I'd rather have way more opportunities with fewer targets) and, uh, "more is more?" It just feels small and surprisingly empty.

Maybe Paris and Sapienza set the bar and expectations too high. Hopefully we get more like those in Season 2.

I found there are a good numbers of things to do, but it's more an 'accident map' than an 'opportunity map'. Lots of things to play with: gas canisters, bale haystacks, electricity poodles, car elevators, fuel deposits, poisons, gas stoves, chandeliers, etc. The fact there are four targets and all move around plays around that idea.

The map has fewer opportunities but it does have more challenges to kill targets off in unique ways. There are quite a few accidents you can set up and then there are the challenges to get all targets by poison and garrote which sounds tricky.

Personally I'm not a fan of the extra stuff you need to do after assassinating your targets. It was still somewhat tolerable in Sapienza because there were at least 4 different ways to take out the virus in the lab, but in Colorado it's the same thing every single time. It's not a lot to do but it just feels boring after you've played the map a couple of times.

Also not a fan of only one exit for the main mission. Now this wouldn't normally be a problem but you do miss out on some XP by not using all exits, and also because there's that hilarious easter egg exit that you can't even do on the main story mission.

Hobohodo

Bit of an odd one but just started Episode 5 and the text on the 'Blend In' prompts has become broken for me. Anyone else had this issue? Playing on PS4.

Latest patch has really messed with the sound in the game. Sounds like it's been drained of all bass. Dialogue from people outside sounds like it's coming from an echoing hall. Not my speakers too, it's the same over headphones. Weird.

I've noticed a few audio glitches as well, on PC.
Music seems to cut out in Colorado and after completing the final objectives there's a delay when the escape theme plays even when near exits.

KORNdoggy

So, every level seems to have a theatrical, almost "out of place" outfit in them. Paris had the magician. Sapienza had the plague doctor. Marrakech had the fortune teller. Colarado has the scarecrow. But what does bangkok have? Does it even have one?

So, every level seems to have a theatrical, almost "out of place" outfit in them. Paris had the magician. Sapienza had the plague doctor. Marrakech had the fortune teller. Colarado has the scarecrow. But what does bangkok have? Does it even have one?

The stalker.

He's a guy hiding out at the top floor of the Queen Suite and trying to spy on the band's guitarist. Wearing his outfit turns the whole map into a Hostile Zone.

He runs away and hides if he notices you - I could swear I went up there half a dozen times and missed him.

Metal-Geo

Perhaps the stalker?

Edit: Beaten like an elusive target

BibiMaghoo

Bit of an odd one but just started Episode 5 and the text on the 'Blend In' prompts has become broken for me. Anyone else had this issue? Playing on PS4.

Yes, I also have this issue. It's like it's missing the font as it shows garbage instead of letters.

So, has anyone found a good use for the electronic door bypass you unlock in Colorado?

Unless you were going for a speed run or a specific contract or something, I can't imagine its one-time use being more effective than just grabbing a keycard. The cards for Sapienza and Bangkok aren't particularly hard to get, though I always forget where the Swedish Consulate one is.

Foffy

Banned
So, has anyone found a good use for the electronic door bypass you unlock in Colorado?

Unless you were going for a speed run or a specific contract or something, I can't imagine its one-time use being more effective than just grabbing a keycard. The cards for Sapienza and Bangkok aren't particularly hard to get, though I always forget where the Swedish Consulate one is.

I would have imagined this would have been best used in The Pharmacist Elusive Target.

I believe the guards who had keys to the room where the target was are the only sources to get the key. I imagine this item would have helped if you wanted to try an SO/SA/No-KO run.

The Black Hat was doable without knockouts using the breaching charge (which was the route I took). That said...

Scratch that. You still have to knock someone out for a bodyguard disguise, and I did not have the nerve to do that one without a disguise.

You actually get three scramblers, so you have a lot of flexibility.

In Sapienza I don't think it matters too much which one you use, since there are so many routes. In Marrakesh this seems better than the breaching charges for the consulate - especially if you start inside and want to go downstairs. In Bangkok you don't really have to deal with locked doors most of the time (if you want lethal poison, just bringing it seems more efficient).

I would guess that Japan is where the scrambler will prove its worth.

if you're more into text this guy lady has a good general story analysis in written form. No offence to Many a True Nerd but I just can't stand lore videos, they take forever.

She doesn't really get what H6 is doing though imho
That site was more of a cut-scene critique, and not a particularly objective one. I feel like that critique needs a critique :)

I'm not usually a fan of lore videos either, but the ones posted were more a collection of missable in-game conversations than anything else (which was exactly what I was looking for).

JDMC13

Just got SASO on Colorado.

Had to completely change my normal game plan. Generally, I try to avoid knocking out non-targets, but that wasn't possible here.

Got to the house, took out one of the guards near the basement door. Picked open the door and hid in the basement. When the Mask guy and the other basement guard came in, I waited. When the other basement guard left, I turned off the boiler to draw out the Mask guy. Placed the basement guard and him in the basement hiding spot. Placed the basement door guard with the other in the hiding spot outside the basement door.

For Rose, I went upstairs to the second floor. Climbed outside to the first floor roof. Circled around and entered through the kids room. Killed him in the bathroom and dragged him into the closet in his room. Hid in the closet til his room guard went to sleep on the bed outside.

For the reporter, I systemically knocked out and hid all the hackers on the first floor. Waited til she entered the house in the hiding spot in the main hall and strangled her and put her in the same hiding spot.

The last target was the hardest. Made my way over to the barn slowly. Very slowly. Inside, I knocked out and hid the 2 guys on the top floor. On the bottom floor, I knocked out and hid the by the ladder. Waited for her to finish her training, lured over the guy with her. Took him out. Lured her over. Took her out. Put her in the box on the bottom floor. Realized I was down a hiding spot for the guard with her.

This is where I lost a TON of time. There was a hiding spot over by the garage by the house and one inside the garage. I couldn't get out without being seen by either one of the guards by the perimeter fence or the one in the training area. Took out the one by the fence and the two by the garage. Hid the two by the garage in the garage. Slowly dragged the last two guards to the garage to hide them.

Went to the basement. Went to 3d printer. Went back to basement. Took about 2-3 hours with reloading.

Every Colorado target can be killed suit-only, in more than one way, without exposing yourself. It does take some timing and planning to open up those windows, and also to get from place to place.

The more I think about the story, the more I feel like some things don't fit perfectly yet. It's speculation time.

- If Soders could report the ICA's operations to Providence, why didn't Providence immediately recognize that the ICA was being sent to attack its assets and interests? As of the end of A Gilded Cage, they were still in the dark.

- If Soders is on Providence's side, why did he push forward the shadow client operation prematurely? Why would Providence not want the ICA to kill the shadow client himself?

- Look at the blacked-out Providence members on the wall chart. That looks suspiciously like another season's worth of targets. But it would make for a terrible season if every single target was locked down under high security because they know 47 is coming for them... So how much does Providence really know at this point?

- If the shadow client knows that he's using the ICA against Providence, and knows that the ICA has been compromised by Providence... Wouldn't getting rid of Providence's mole in the ICA be the first priority?

All this tells me that there has to be another twist as to
what Soders is doing. Either he's not really on Providence's side either, or he's not a Providence agent at all and the picture was planted to throw the ICA off the shadow client's trail. After all, the picture was not up on the wall with all the other Providence members.

ArjanN

Every Colorado target can be killed suit-only, in more than one way, without exposing yourself. It does take some timing and planning to open up those windows, and also to get from place to place.

The more I think about the story, the more I feel like some things don't fit perfectly yet. It's speculation time.

- If Soders could report the ICA's operations to Providence, why didn't Providence immediately recognize that the ICA was being sent to attack its assets and interests? As of the end of A Gilded Cage, they were still in the dark.

- If Soders is on Providence's side, why did he push forward the shadow client operation prematurely? Why would Providence not want the ICA to kill the shadow client himself?

- Look at the blacked-out Providence members on the wall chart. That looks suspiciously like another season's worth of targets. But it would make for a terrible season if every single target was locked down under high security because they know 47 is coming for them... So how much does Providence really know at this point?

- If the shadow client knows that he's using the ICA against Providence, and knows that the ICA has been compromised by Providence... Wouldn't getting rid of Providence's mole in the ICA be the first priority?

All this tells me that there has to be another twist as to
what Soders is doing. Either he's not really on Providence's side either, or he's not a Providence agent at all and the picture was planted to throw the ICA off the shadow client's trail. After all, the picture was not up on the wall with all the other Providence members.

Could be yeah. Another thing that made me think in the same direction as you is that Soders is being a dick to you at the start, which is a pretty typical writing cliche for the 'fake-out villain' to do so you distrust them, while the suprise twist actual villain is usually someone unassuming or someone the main character trusts.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I got to play Episode 5 today and reached Mastery Lvl 11 after one playthrough. Where are cameras placed, because I was somehow recorded by one without being notified? Is it possible to trigger the ram accident without being noticed? When I pushed that button, both targets were looking into my direction and got a "!" before dying.

I reached mastery level 20 and was flipping through the challenges when I noticed that I didn't complete Silent Assassin. One of the requirements is that no bodies ever be found, so I was wondering how you could take that militia lady without her body ever being seen. Turns out it doesn't matter if the body is found if you kill them by an 'accident'. Wish I knew this 5 episodes ago :\

I got to play Episode 5 today and reached Mastery Lvl 11 after one playthrough. Where are cameras placed, because I was somehow recorded by one without being notified? Is it possible to trigger the ram accident without being noticed? When I pushed that button, both targets were looking into my direction and got a "!" before dying.

Cameras are at all outer perimeter gates that are guarded, and all outer doors of the farmhouse.

The ram accident can be done without getting spotted. It really is just a matter of watching the targets' random head motion.

Jeffrey

You mean in Blood Money or HiTMAN? It's a late-level unlock for BM and not possible at all in HiTMAN.

hitman.

It's strange, dual pistols has been his 'look' for a while. I'm pretty sure you can do that in absolution as well.

I guess its like Tomb Raider which got rid of dual wielding after the reboot.

Foffy

Banned
hitman.

It's strange, dual pistols has been his 'look' for a while. I'm pretty sure you can do that in absolution as well.

I guess its like Tomb Raider which got rid of dual wielding after the reboot.

Apparently, the reason they were able to get dual wielding in Absolution was because they mirrored 47's actions to his other arm.

For some reason, they have engine issues doing this in HITMAN. I guess because the game really only accounts for the right hand for weapons, and the left has nothing. The same was true of the briefcase in the Alpha, hence why that hasn't surfaced as an item, either.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
the colorado escalation is the most infuriating thing in the world. I wouldn't mind if it worked but I feel like I'm constantly fighting the game when people don't do what they should or it changes between turns and I have to restart.

I do like the stalker though. That's a neat addition to the game. I wonder if they'll use that for elusive targets in the future.

ArjanN

the colorado escalation is the most infuriating thing in the world. I wouldn't mind if it worked but I feel like I'm constantly fighting the game when people don't do what they should or it changes between turns and I have to restart.

I do like the stalker though. That's a neat addition to the game. I wonder if they'll use that for elusive targets in the future.

I was getting pretty frustrated, but when I did I finally did it, it was really satisfying, haha.

Tain

I've been playing this game without save/load and holy hell Colorado is tough compared to the other missions.

Top Bottom