• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

tchocky

Something I've never bothered to find out previously: when completing challenges in order to level up mastery, do you have to complete the entire mission in order to have any challenges you completed during that run count? Or are they marked as completed and added to your xp from the moment only the challenge is completed?

I want to try and finally master Paris, but I'd have to run the entire Showstopper mission a bunch of times to try and do this, which sounds pretty repetitive.

You do not have to finish the mission to count as completed or get the XP. Basically what I did is save before killing a target reload then kill them a different way and repeat.

I don't even know how Suit Only, Silent Assassin will be possible for this one without some really lame exploit or something. Having to go upstairs to get
the 3D face printout and down to the basement
involves going around a lot of dudes. Not to mention getting to the targets.

I'm going to try the fire alarm. It would make sense for it to get everyone out of the house, at least.

Does the Poison Pill Jar void Silent Assassin? I used it but didn't get SA on the new map and I'm not sure why

It shouldn't count against silent assassin anymore (as of a patch from a few months ago).

justjim89

Does the Poison Pill Jar void Silent Assassin? I used it but didn't get SA on the new map and I'm not sure why

I poisoned two of the targets via the poison vial in their drink and they died in front of several people. No bodies found.

I think poison deaths count as accidents now.

The achievement icon shows that Giddy Up is an easter egg... and all the easter eggs so far have been insanely obscure. This could take a while.

Jeffrey

something about this level with the more 'natural' environment makes judging enemy line of sight a pain.

I ended up manual saving before doing about anything, which i rarely did in the past.

Is there anything else you can do with the
CIA dude besides overdosing him?

Doesn't seem like you can enter that room.

Ludens

Banned
The achievement icon shows that Giddy Up is an easter egg... and all the easter eggs so far have been insanely obscure. This could take a while.

I looked on Hitman forum and
people found four bells to snipe for now. Maybe it's something like the Sapienza easter egg?

Just completed Colorado for the second time. I wish I had a greater appreciation for the wider storyline of this season but it's really just background noise to me atm. Although I'm interested in where they go with the **end level spoilers**
Sniper dude

Really enjoyed the level. Seems really dense. Loved the little overheard conversations regarding past levels. I like how there is so many groups in the compound - military techs, hackers, spec ops, regular grunts etc.. Still have opportunities turned off with challenges info on minimal. Probably my next favourite after Sapienza and Paris

But it's still early days so we'll see.

Also the mastery unlocks are pretty boring still.

(SPECULATION) The challenge Howdy Partner has to do with
the Cowboy statues in Sean Rose's room and a Cowboy bust, but I can't put it all together

Jeffrey

i do hope at the very least this 'season' ends decently for the current story arc.

Has the series ever done a good boss fight?

also does anything happen after the
mole opportunity if you let her leave?wonder if her routine changes, but i assume they just want you to stab her there? idk.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
that gunslinger challenge is really hard on consoles. shooting 5 bottles in 5 seconds is impossible with these crappy controls.

I just walked up right next to it with a shotgun in the end.

justjim89

Got to level 20 Mastery for Colorado. The three runs I did today that really maximized my score were:

-A Silent Assassin run combining
poisoning the trainer, the interrogator, and the mole while doing the nitroglycerin opportunity for Rose.

-A Sniper Assassin run starting in
the watertower and then sneaking through to the basement. Getting down from the watertower while the whole place was freaking out over the targets being shot was actually the hardest part.
That and finding an easy disguise during all the searching.

-An all accidents run where I
blew up Rose's watch while he was talking to the trainer, killing them both; dropping the chandelier in the house on the mole; and killing the interrogator with the lawn mower.

I really like this map, maybe better than Bangkok or Marrakesh. Some of the things you can do are awesome. But with the
story bit forced at the end, once you have the print of Rose's face you can basically rush down to the basement and scan it no matter how many guys are onto you. I had several guys following me down to the basement trying to shoot me, but since the door after the checkpoint can't be opened, I was safe once the cutscene started. Kinda funny.

tumblr_oe8hzeIJ2V1u5eu8ao1_1280.jpg

As one of its few fans, why oh why are the hackers playing
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days?
Knowing there'll never be a sequel still stings :(

I'm still kinda terrible at this mission but I'm coming up on level 19 mastery, so. Gotta try my best to pull off an
OCD Rose
run.

MUnited83

For you.
As one of its few fans, why oh why are the hackers playing
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days?
Knowing there'll never be a sequel still stings :(

I'm still kinda terrible at this mission but I'm coming up on level 19 mastery, so. Gotta try my best to pull off an
OCD Rose
run.

JqYTmjn.gif

KingKong

Ezra question:
Can you not use his body to open the door despite the game saying you can?

I believe you've got the wrong body

Playing this more, I appreciate them making us go to the house, the targets walk so much across the map that it would be too easy if you could just get them outside and leave

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I just finally managed to drag the level 2 target physically under the car.

It turns out you can't crush an unconscious person with a falling car.

I literally just did this as well and tried the same thing, but I made it work from there.

My (hilariously dumb, sloppy) strategy which involved murdering a bunch of people:

Start as a demo guy, use Emetic Syringe on first target. He goes right by the baler to throw up for an easy takedown/kill.

Turned the radio on, ran into the other room to take out the guy who guys on the couch, then knocked the target unconscious.

I went into the big shed across from this where those guards all stand looking right at the car, went inside and killed the two guys inside, then threw shit around drag the 4 people out there in one by one so I could stab them with a screwdriver and add them to a pile in the corner.

Then went to the car and dropped it on the guy, dragged the target to drop the car and realized that doesn't actually kill him. Sooo I opened the door in the corner and threw some more shit to lure the guard in front of the barn through the door to see the guy on the floor, wake him up and as he was dazed I dropped the car on both.

Jesus. Now level 3 looks like that won't even be possible.

I literally just did this as well and tried the same thing, but I made it work from there.

My (hilariously dumb, sloppy) strategy which involved murdering a bunch of people:

The first guy:
Um... as soon as you start, shoot the fire extinguisher beside him.

The second guy:
If you've gone that far, could you drag him to the red barrel and set it on fire?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The first guy:
Um... as soon as you start, shoot the fire extinguisher beside him.

The second guy:
If you've gone that far, could you drag him to the red barrel and set it on fire?

Wow, I didn't even see that for the first guy. Though the way I do it is actually super simple and clean once the guy behind you turns.

And yeah, that works for the second guy. Just did it on the third stage. The fourth one...will wait a bit on.

Wow, I didn't even see that for the first guy. Though the way I do it is actually super simple and clean once the guy behind you turns.

And yeah, that works for the second guy. Just did it on the third stage. The fourth one...will wait a bit on.

I have found a silent assassin route for levels 2 and 3. You mentioning that there's a weapon box nearby opened new possibilities!
I start with the golden pistol, an audio distraction, and the baton. You will need the emetic syringe like you said from level 3 onwards, since all nearby fire extinguishers and propane tanks are gone.

Get the coin as soon as you start at the demolitions range start position. Go to the generator near the black vans and shoot it to lure the nearby technician over, making sure the target can't see you through the open doorway. Knock him out and dump him in the nearby box when the target is turned away. Get his shotgun.

Throw an audio distraction into the small room attached to the garage and lure the other technician in. Let him try to take it to the weapon box, then knock him out and dump him in the nearby box. Don't take his shotgun yet, since it will stack.

If you were lucky, the stalker was also lured into the small room by the audio distraction, and is momentarily confused since it's no longer there.

Next, deal with the sleeping guy with a coin. You can only lure him into the room with the big table (for convenience) if the stalker is gone. Otherwise you will have to lure him to the nearby box so you can hide his body.

Puncture the red oil drum with your gun.

Drop a shotgun behind the target's back. Drop the other shotgun or your audio distraction (not turned on) right next to the big toolbox over the oil slick, so that no one else can see it. As your target returns from putting the first shotgun away, make him see the weapon you dropped in the oil slick with your coin.

The rest is self-explanatory.

Bebpo

Banned
I'm liking Colorado. Feels really different from the other maps. Like a boss battle map, MGS ground zeroes style. I think that's the key to this new Hitman, if you're only going to have 6 giant sandbox stages, then you really need to make them all as unique as possible. Which is why it was weak when Bangkok was so similar to Paris. But Colorado feels good. I can see a lot of good missions coming out of this stage.

I'm liking Colorado. Feels really different from the other maps. Like a boss battle map, MGS ground zeroes style. I think that's the key to this new Hitman, if you're only going to have 6 giant sandbox stages, then you really need to make them all as unique as possible. Which is why it was weak when Bangkok was so similar to Paris. But Colorado feels good. I can see a lot of good missions coming out of this stage.

Playing around with the escalation made me realize that this level flips one huge rule on its head. Weapons are a better distraction than coins when almost everyone is a guard.

You can get NPCs to go to very unusual places. Instead of dragging a body, make them do the walking for you.

Ludens

Banned
Finally did Suit Only. Man, everything up until the house is super easy, but then the house is a nightmare.

The house is very simple: if you time it right,
you need to enter, kill the ex-Ica agent near the clock, hide her body in the nearby box, go upstairs, take off the guard patrolling the corridor, hide his body in the terrace, as soon as the hacker is in the same room of the 3D Print facing a monitor, interact with the 3D print and exit the room. Wait a sec for the dude on returning in the same position, enter and grab the mask again. Now wo in the basement and use the mask. If you already took out the guard, here, there won't be anyone, if not, just stun the only guard and end the mission. Very easy, but you need to time it right.

So i'm going to launch the game for the first time is there any recommandation about the settings ? Like what assistance to disable or not.

I don't like when there is too much info to help me find the target for instance.

MUnited83

For you.
The house is very simple: if you time it right,
you need to enter, kill the ex-Ica agent near the clock, hide her body in the nearby box, go upstairs, take off the guard patrolling the corridor, hide his body in the terrace, as soon as the hacker is in the same room of the 3D Print facing a monitor, interact with the 3D print and exit the room. Wait a sec for the dude on returning in the same position, enter and grab the mask again. Now wo in the basement and use the mask. If you already took out the guard, here, there won't be anyone, if not, just stun the only guard and end the mission. Very easy, but you need to time it right.
Oh, I'm aware, but if you dont use instinct and go at the wrong time it can be a bit tricky

ev0

Reloaded and old save and discovered what glicthed out my first run where I thought I should have got Silent Assassin.

One of the targets I poisoned; the guards never bodybagged them. The body was just laying there.

There was one guard who was hanging around in that room and about 40% of the time he would notice the body and other times not. Just stand there smoking on top of it. I waited around to see what happened and sometimes he'd never notice. Very weird.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Replayed Thailand last night just to get a few new kills, and it re-cemented my position that its a good map who's potential is just not being used right now. All the Jordan Cross stuff is great, but his lawyer is almost an afterthought, and half the map is unused. They really need to roll out some elusives for this thing

ev0

Replayed Thailand last night just to get a few new kills, and it re-cemented my position that its a good map who's potential is just not being used right now. All the Jordan Cross stuff is great, but his lawyer is almost an afterthought, and half the map is unused. They really need to roll out some elusives for this thing

Agree. It's very easy to take out the lawyer right away- so its almost a non issue. They def seem to be saving Elusives that take place on later levels. There are so many unused guest rooms in Bangkok just asking to be filled. They probably could have done a Bonus Mission on this stage too.

Moff

what's good about it though? it looks nice? it's half empty, yes, and that's why it's bad compared to the other maps. I'm not sure if it's even better than marrakesh.

MUnited83

For you.
How many runs of this did you do before you were able to execute this?

Not as many as I thought, surprisingly. The first three kills are very easy and I found the route very quickly. The main issue was the house itself and bumping into someone there at the wrong time. All in all it probably took me 13 times.

Speaking of Marrakesh, I realized that the new "stalker" mechanic isn't, strictly speaking, new. In the Marrakesh bazaar it was possible to meet a very persistent merchant who will start following you nonstop if you get close.

After retrying the escalation for hours, it seems like the stalker will home in on your position even without being able to see you if you get into a certain detection radius. But he loses track of you if you get more than a room away.

I really hope this escalation is being used to test this mechanic for prime time.

justjim89

The Mallory Misfortune (the new escalation) is pretty hard. Got through level 4 of it, but the stalker mechanic and the way you have to take out the targets being so specific makes it hard. And level 5 completely changes the rules. Still figuring out level 5.

Stage 1:
Shoot the fire extinguisher from behind the haybales.

Stage 2:
Fire extinguisher, and for the other guy you have to use the generator to distract the mechanic, take him out, hide his body, wait for someone to take target 1's gun to the box, shoot the barrel by the van to make it leak, drop target 1's gun in front of the door to target 2's room, and after he's already walking back you throw mixtape 47 into the oil spill. When he picks it up, shoot the barrel.

Stage 3-4:
For target 1, the fire extinguisher is now moved so I just threw the ducky. For target 2, basically the same steps as before plus evading the stalker. Keeping out of sight and giving him a wide berth helps.

For Stage 5, you have to
kill target 1 using an old axe and target 2 using an SMG, and take out both of them with the scarecrow. Currently trying to find a good route to take. The best bet is probably to get into the outer perimeter and circle around, but that means evading or taking out a lot of guards.

Top Bottom