• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yall thought Marrakesh was better than Bangkok? I thought Marrakesh was the worst map this season by far

Marrakesh is frustrating because there is some great stuff in it (and the bonus episode is some of my favorite content in the entire game) but it badly suffers from only being able to approach the Embassy and the School from very limited directions. I keep going back and forth on if I like Bangkok or Marrakesh less.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The Mallory Misfortune (the new escalation) is pretty hard. Got through level 4 of it, but the stalker mechanic and the way you have to take out the targets being so specific makes it hard. And level 5 completely changes the rules. Still figuring out level 5.

Stage 1:
Shoot the fire extinguisher from behind the haybales.

Stage 2:
Fire extinguisher, and for the other guy you have to use the generator to distract the mechanic, take him out, hide his body, wait for someone to take target 1's gun to the box, shoot the barrel by the van to make it leak, drop target 1's gun in front of the door to target 2's room, and after he's already walking back you throw mixtape 47 into the oil spill. When he picks it up, shoot the barrel.

Stage 3-4:
For target 1, the fire extinguisher is now moved so I just threw the ducky. For target 2, basically the same steps as before plus evading the stalker. Keeping out of sight and giving him a wide berth helps.

For Stage 5, you have to
kill target 1 using an old axe and target 2 using an SMG, and take out both of them with the scarecrow. Currently trying to find a good route to take. The best bet is probably to get into the outer perimeter and circle around, but that means evading or taking out a lot of guards.

For 5:
You can set up the weapons ahead of time. I realized as a guard you can freely walk around with the axe, so I just had the SMG set in an area to pick up and dropped both weapons in a room near the targets. I just need to get a decent scarecrow route figured out, but it's atleast easier if you set it up beforehand.

What does this mean? The game doesn't give any sort of contextual hint that anything would be wrong.

The person that opens the door is Rose, not Erza. I'm not sure if using his body works though, haven't tried.

This mission was really fun, pretty exciting trying to slink your way through all those guards. Look forward to checking out the rest of the opprotunities as they seemed really interesting and varied.

Bebpo

Banned
Marrakesh definitely grew on me. Good to hear the night version is even better (stuck on episodic so can't play the bonus missions until the end of the year -_-). At first I didn't like it, but as I did more and more of the challenges, opportunities and as they released more escalations I kept finding fun new stuff to do.

The army base is great. The consulate is fun to sneak through, but a little limited and a lot of the unique kills require a lot of boring waiting around for scripted stuff to move. The biggest issue is that everytime you're going for the main mission you have to have this dead boring section of going between the two targets on opposite sides of the map. Especially if you're going for unique kills on each of them. Because of this I think the map is better for escalations that are all contained in one general area, because the areas are pretty fun and challenging. In a lot of ways it reminds me of a more secure, less fun, Sapienza.

Keep in mind we're still early on in Marrakesh missions. If Sapienza is what we can expect for the number of escalations in Marrakesh/Bangkok/Colorado, there's still a ton of content coming. Paris is probably the exception since they're front loading so much into it because it's the intro pack, but Sapienza should be a good judge of the amount of content each map should get.

Maiorum

is the only way to open the safe room with
3d printer?

they made it seem like there are more options?

You can use Rose's corpse to open it.

Knocked out SA/SO and Sniper Assassin today. How do you kill Parvati with the
car
? For some reason, she refuses to pay attention to any coins I throw.

Figured out silent assassin for The Mallory Misfortune level 5. It takes about 8 minutes, so there's room for improvement.

Start in the garage so that you can pick up the old axe quickly. The stalker will start very close to you, but he's easy to avoid by running around the lake.

Run to the scarecrow, then just crouch-run around the inside of the outer fence in a big counteclockwise circle. There's actually a totally clear path, except for a couple of guys who stand in the way very briefly.

I stashed the SMG at the southern gate, but I don't take it yet.

Climb into the hay loft and you should see your target about to talk to Sean Rose. Wait for him to go back to the table (it takes a while) and use emetic poison as usual, then axe and hide in the baler. This could probably go faster if you get the coin next to the SMG agency pickup?

Go back for the SMG, then back to where you used the axe and wait for the way to be cleared to climb into the room with the radio. You'll lure the target straight to you and have a locker to hide in and dump his body in (in case the stalker goes into that room).

While I was working this out I discovered that this many people will all be unable to shoot you if you hide on top of the hay loft:

B639F268932D8F3AA5C8D0FED9B342459408931E

8486287B78751B2904B650CB1B4ABDD2E0D9B35D
(Until even more guards arrive and flank you, anyway)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Finished the escalation finally. The leaderboards are pretty funny, there's only 90 that did it somewhat cleanly. 91-160 or so are the rest all with a score of 0 and looking at them are great, one guy killed 69 people over like 25 minutes to do it.

Shocked to see Colorado getting so much praise tbh, I've played it twice now and that's enough for me. Normally when a new episode drops it has dominated my playtime as I go through getting all the challenges & maxing out the mastery level but I have zero drive to go back into Colorado.

M.Steiner

Another great ep imo. The only thing I'm not so keen on is there only being 1 exit for the main mission, but other than that I'm really enjoying it. The most challenging to date too I'd say.

Haven't attempted a Silent Assassin, Suit Only run for this mission yet (done Sniper, Suit Only), though I did recorded a SA run of Name your Poison. Will go for SA/SO tonight methinks.

The amount of replayability I'm getting from this season is staggering.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I find myself going back once a week or so to clean up new kills in Marrakesh, Bangkok, or (now) Colorado since I don't clear everything to 20 Mastery right away like some of you, and I'm really getting antsy for elusive targets that aren't on Paris or Sapienza. Come on guys!

Jintor

i just did a run in Bankok where I started as a security guard, punched out 5 civilians without anybody else besides them noticing, and escaped as a exterminator and then did the rest of the mission.

How do I get Cross and the Banker
to meet again? Or get the letter off whatsherface or her crew guy without getting spotted?

CloudWolf

That Colorado Escalation is the worst.

Level 5 is just a completely different Escalation than the previous four and the stalker's AI is ridiculously easy to break if you poison him.

i just did a run in Bankok where I started as a security guard, punched out 5 civilians without anybody else besides them noticing, and escaped as a exterminator and then did the rest of the mission.

to meet again? Or get the letter off whatsherface or her crew guy without getting spotted?
To get the letter, you have to KO the crew guy that was going to deliver it when he goes to the bathroom. It's part of his loop and can't be missed, the only thing you have to watch out for is the other crew member that can see through your crew disguise.

Getting Cross and Ken Morgan to meet up is a matter of very precise timing. As the exterminator you have to let the manager know that Cross and co. need to come down from their floor. When Cross arrives he will talk with the manager, this has to happen at the exact same time as that the Morgan comes in the lobby to ask if there is a letter for him. If the timing is off, Cross will sit down in the lobby and never see Morgan. I had to constantly walk in front of Ken Morgan and occassionally bump in to him in order to time everything just right.

Homestly, level 5 is easier than level 4. And it's true that there have been imcreasingly more level 5 Wild Cards that flip the entire mission around.

Ask to inspect the Emperor Suite as the exterminator, then lead Morgan to the Queen Suite as hotel staff. Lead Morgan through the atrium while Cross is standing in the middle.

You should be able to poison his shisha pipe / beer as kitchen staff, I think.

ev0

How do you kill Parvati with the
car
? For some reason, she refuses to pay attention to any coins I throw.

This was really annoying for me. I tried coins, and then putting weapons there in hope she'd go pick it up to deposit back elsewhere. Eventually what got her there was
first getting rid of the mechanic who is working on the truck nearby (she goes to talk to him) and then smashing the mechanic who is working on the car first and leaving his body there. Had to get rid of the guy by the truck first because he usually would notice before her. Then when she walks by she went over and SMASH

BearPawB

Banned
This was really annoying for me. I tried coins, and then putting weapons there in hope she'd go pick it up to deposit back elsewhere. Eventually what got her there was
first getting rid of the mechanic who is working on the truck nearby (she goes to talk to him) and then smashing the mechanic who is working on the car first and leaving his body there. Had to get rid of the guy by the truck first because he usually would notice before her. Then when she walks by she went over and SMASH

Yeah, i killed the
mechanic with the car first. Then I lured her under the car with the exploding cell phone

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Is it true that poisoning somebody doesn't affect Silent Assassin even if the body is found? I have no idea how to kill the lawyer in Bangkok and after I swallowed my pride and looked up some tipps everybody says to just poison him.

CloudWolf

Is it true that poisoning somebody doesn't affect Silent Assassin even if the body is found? I have no idea how to kill the lawyer in Bangkok and after I swallowed my pride and looked up some tipps everybody says to just poison him.

Yeah, if you know where
the lawyer tastes food
, you can kill him silently within the first 30 seconds of starting the level.

MUnited83

For you.

That's correct.

To kill him quickly you can also:

Explode the fire extinguisher that is next to the food.
Shoot the chandelier above him when is tasting the food.

Both those methods require that you distract the guard first so he doesn't get caught though.

To kill him quickly you can also:

Explode the fire extinguisher that is next to the food.
Shoot the chandelier above him when is tasting the food.

Both those methods require that you distract the guard first so he doesn't get caught though.

The guard doesn't catch up with him for a few moments. It works out perfectly if I drop the light fixture as soon as he starts commenting on the food.

MUnited83

For you.
The guard doesn't catch up with him for a few moments. It works out perfectly if I drop the light fixture as soon as he starts commenting on the food.

Yeah, I was thinking of a particular SA routed I used to take that would get me to him when the guard is already besides him, It should work fine if you're following him since the beggining.

His bodyguard is actually one of the couple of npcs that has no reaction to you bumping into him, so at the beggining you can just bump into him a couple of times to make sure there's enough distance between the bodyguard and the target.

His bodyguard is actually one of the couple of npcs that has no reaction to you bumping into him, so at the beggining you can just bump into him a couple of times to make sure there's enough distance between the bodyguard and the target.

I saw a video that made use of that. It made no sense until now.

fstop

Neo Member

PSA: Save it for after you've had your normal fun with Colorado. It trivializes most of the challenges. It causes
everyone in your vicinity burst into flames

I did this again today with the
Lancer
just to see if it was safe. It's easily the most fun I've had in the game. It's funny that they created such a game-breaking cheat while simultaneously nerfing the Lancer.

And I do mean game-breaking. In addition to a hard crash, most of my plans were foiled by permanent lockdowns
because no one was left to bag the corpses
. I also knocked a target out, and she became unkillable. Ended up in the slurry pit.

Wow getting SA on the Sarajevo Six target this month is no joke. Simply getting within 15ft of the target causes his guards to try to investigate you.

Got SA by
luring them away one at a time
but man was it a pain in the butt.

Not as many as I thought, surprisingly. The first three kills are very easy and I found the route very quickly. The main issue was the house itself and bumping into someone there at the wrong time. All in all it probably took me 13 times.

I just finished my SASO run. Technically just under 13 minutes... In actuality taking hours of retries.

I basically took the same route as you (without watching the video first) with the gold pistol and gold coins, and no agency pickup.
For shooting the fire extinguisher, I just stood up straight from behind some ground-level haystacks. If the guy to the right had his back turned, nobody can even see you shooting a gun standing up.

By the time I got out to Parvati she was at the black vans. I distracted the guy she was talking to by throwing a coin next to her, so as to force her to be distracted by the generator. After turning it off I sprinted out behind the garage, picked up a brick, threw it to distract one guy on the walkway, then ran back in time to get her behind the generator and dump the body. It took forever to work out this route since my autosave was just after throwing the coin.

You don't need to go outside the fence to get behind the barn - you can just climb over the crate beside the spec ops soldiers, and no one will see. But the trade-off was that I wasted too much time knocking out both guards at the shed. No one else got knocked out, and I didn't throw anything else, for the rest of the run.

There is no need to deal with any of the guys doing pushups. Climb up the logpile as they do pushups and no one will see you.

From Rose's bedroom, I drop the ceiling lamp on Graves, then print the mask while nobody's watching. I save Berg for last with the lawnmower explosion to get some guards out of the house. I unlock the basement door and use the face scanner in plain sight while everyone was looking away.

By the way, I like the level 10 assault rifle. Quiet and precise enough to do that one "loud" escalation in Paris almost silently.

Jintor

For Point man... where the hell is the position? The marked square by the limo?

nevermind got it. now to figure out why gunslinger won't trigger

also it's garbage that everyone goes nuts if you fire your guns at targets at the gun range when in the correct disguise

For Point man... where the hell is the position? The marked square by the limo?

nevermind got it. now to figure out why gunslinger won't trigger

also it's garbage that everyone goes nuts if you fire your guns at targets at the gun range when in the correct disguise

That also drove me crazy. It reminds me of the "put on makeup" part from episode one where you can't tell which chair to sit in without turning on opportunities. They need to get better at that.

Looks like Howdy Partner was found today as well.

I'm so glad I didn't spend a single moment trying to figure these easter eggs out. Especially when Rep Tires only works if you're not doing the story mission.

Did the new patch introduce a bug with the certain text being garbled? I noticed it slightly on some of the in game prompts but it was too small to notice. Now I just went to read a piece of intel I got and it's literally random numbers letters and boxes jumbled together.

MUnited83

For you.
Looks like Howdy Partner was found today as well.

I'm so glad I didn't spend a single moment trying to figure these easter eggs out. Especially when Rep Tires only works if you're not doing the story mission.

Yeah, Rep Tires was a bit bullshit because of that, no wonder why it took this long to get it.

I'm amazed at how Howdy Partner took this long to be discovered, it was pretty simple all things considered. People figured out Wickerman way quicker and that involved shooting stuff hidden way in the distance with one specific disguise lol.

Yeah, Rep Tires was a bit bullshit because of that, no wonder why it took this long to get it.

I'm amazed at how Howdy Partner took this long to be discovered, it was pretty simple all things considered. People figured out Wickerman way quicker and that involved shooting stuff hidden way in the distance with one specific disguise lol.

To be fair the Wickerman is real easy to figure out if you're an iron maiden fan. Especially since the bell mechanic has been used in Sapienza already. Howdy Partner only took this long because of the weird apricot thing. And rep tires was much easier to figure out when everyone realized that rep was short for reptilian (because in different languages it was rex or something).

I still think there could be something with those 2 weird cowboy statues and the two empty places in Rose's shelf.

MUnited83

For you.
To be fair the Wickerman is real easy to figure out if you're an iron maiden fan. Especially since the bell mechanic has been used in Sapienza already. Howdy Partner only took this long because of the weird apricot thing. And rep tires was much easier to figure out when everyone realized that rep was short of reptilian (because in different languages it was rex or something).

I still think there could be something with those 2 weird cowboy statues and the two empty places in Rose's shelf.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that there's still easter eggs left to uncover, these ones were direct challenges/achievements so they were bound to be found relatively fast.

I'm sure there will be some crazy ass easter eggs with really specific requirements uncovered for months.

Like the "undead rising" moment in Sapienza :p

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that there's still easter eggs left to uncover, these ones were direct challenges/achievements so they were bound to be found relatively fast.

I'm sure there will be some crazy ass easter eggs with really specific requirements uncovered for months.

Paris might be hiding the most obscure one of all.

No outright easter eggs have been found in Paris, but IOI employees have hinted that there is something there.

So anyone have any tips for Marrakesh? It seems way too crowded to me to be able to pull anything off. Right now I'm trying to get into the school by using the propaganda disguise but following the guy around there is never an opportunity to get him alone to knock him out. The photographer too. It just seems way too crowded, unless I'm not being patient enough.

Moff

So anyone have any tips for Marrakesh? It seems way too crowded to me to be able to pull anything off. Right now I'm trying to get into the school by using the propaganda disguise but following the guy around there is never an opportunity to get him alone to knock him out. The photographer too. It just seems way too crowded, unless I'm not being patient enough.

you can poison the photographer with the waiter disguise, use rat poison and he'll go throw up in the toilet where you can safely stash him

the propaganda guy should enter a room once where no one else is present, and he can be lured into dark corners with coins

The most straightforward way to get into the school is to go up to the roof where the headmaster is (it's the roof of the building in front of which two people are talking about a guy writing a book), then climb down the other side and sneak to the back entrance of the school, knock the one guard patrolling there, take his clothes and enter the school.

If you want the propaganda disguise one of them will go on his own for a bit and you can lure him by throwing a coin or an item into one of the garages/storehouses.

There is also a ridiculously easy way to kill the target without ever entering the school, but I wouldn't do that on the first run.

you can poison the photographer with the waiter disguise, use rat poison and he'll go throw up in the toilet where you can safely stash him

the propaganda guy should enter a room once where no one else is present, and he can be lured into dark corners with coins

The most straightforward way to get into the school is to go up to the roof where the headmaster is (it's the roof of the building in front of which two people are talking about a guy writing a book), then climb down the other side and sneak to the back entrance of the school knock the one guard patrolling there, take his clothes and enter the school.

If you want the propaganda disguise one of them will go on his own for a bit and you can lure him by throwing a coin or an item into one of the garages/storehouses.

There is also a ridiculously easy way to kill the target without ever entering the school, but I wouldn't do that on the first run.
Thanks guys. Is the rat poison close to the starting point with the waiter? I couldn't find it around there.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

what's this?

what's this?

As the plague doctor, go to the Sapienza Ruins starting point and shoot the bottle on the ground next to the speedboat. There will be a sewer key inside the bottle only if you have the correct disguise.

Now go into the crypt under the church (you don't even have to use the key). The room will be lit up green, with spooky noises playing and skeletal hands reaching out of the ground randomly. A battle axe will also have appeared in the center coffin.

This was only found after someone at IO repeatedly posted screenshots focusing increasingly more and more on the spot where the bottle is.

MUnited83

For you.
It just baffles my mind how people figure this sort of shit out =/

Well, usually

- Hints from the developers
- Community efforts with several people trying to find stuff and working together, especially when it's tied to a in-game challenge to begin with
- Just trying random stuff sometimes, managing to find stuff by accident :p. As an example. I managed to do the elephant challenge in bangkok by myself because I was shooting at stuff in search of easter eggs :p. I once shot every streetlight in Sapienza just to see if it would do anything :p

Top Bottom