• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

NeoRaider

Just finished Sapienza. Rating:

uFohNxg.png

I guess this is good for first try?

I liked this one much more compared to the Paris mission. Map is really big and there is so much to do. I already love this game.

Man I can only ever really do escalations up to the third section, the fourth and fifth seem too much for me sometimes. Not that it's bad but jeez lol some of them, I'm really loving this game.

Just finished Sapienza. Rating:

I guess this is good for first try?..

Silent Assassin with an hour+ mission time is certainly around my average time for each level the first go around. Personally I think Sapienza is the best mission (with Hokkaido and Paris right behind), while Marrakesh, your next destination, is the worst. I've only done each twice though.

You know, if IO wanted to do some crosspromoting they could do some small Deus Ex and Tomb Raider related bonus missions. Imagine 47 at a party in the Croft Manor or a museum showing relics brought back by a Croft expedition or a skyscraper owned by one of the future members of the Illuminati. Mastery bonuses could be stun gun, a bow that's silent and the arrows can be picked up again, a pair of sunglasses that lets 47 spot cameras and tech from far away etc.

Mission at E3 in Los Angeles, full of people. You can kill famous game designers on it.

Just imagine.

Hi. Potential buyer here. very interested in the concept of this game, especially finding little things and having them become useful in other things. That kind of creative exploration sounds super fun.

I just recall the demo chapter (some yacht I think?) being very buggy and the A.I feeling very immersion breaking.

I dont know if it was just unpolished or not. Is the whole game like that?

Hi. Potential buyer here. very interested in the concept of this game, especially finding little things and having them become useful in other things. That kind of creative exploration sounds super fun.

I just recall the demo chapter (some yacht I think?) being very buggy and the A.I feeling very immersion breaking.

I dont know if it was just unpolished or not. Is the whole game like that?

I just bought the game yesterday and I now have 10 hours played...

The tutorial chapters really aren't a good base for what the game offers. I've only played the tutorials and the first map Paris and it's like a whole different world. The game itself isn't buggy but I'd be lying if I said there are no issues with the AI. Not in terms of how they behave on the map but more like immersion breaking things where they will acknowledge that someone died but then moments later talk like the person is still alive. Mostly passive conversational stuff, but it's probably down to the crazy amount of events that can be triggered and sometimes the game can't account for the order you're doing things maybe?

Regardless of that it seems like a great stealth / puzzle game and I'm looking forward to playing the other maps once I complete Paris to a degree I'm happy with.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Reading posts on Marrakesh makes me want to stick with it.

Was going to skip it, but it seems like it's worth getting passed this initial friction.

MaKTaiL

Was going to skip it, but it seems like it's worth getting passed this initial friction.

The map is great and just like Colorado it gets much easier when you figure out the routes and the perfect diguises. The more I played the more I liked it, There are great kill opportunities there that most people don't even get to experience because of the bad initial impression.

When people say it's bad, it's bad in comparison with the very high standard of the other maps. But it's still a pretty decent Hitman mission.

The Marrakesh problem comes down to restricted freedom of movement when you're just starting out. There's only one opportunity for getting into the consulate, and two for getting into the school. There's not much to do while you're stuck outside.

Even when you're in, just moving around these two places can be a challenge. Eventually you can discover routes that open up freedom of movement a lot. Even then, it will never be like Sapienza when you could get into the villa fifteen different ways.

Also, you will level up slowly because most of your XP will come from assassination challenges, the vast majority of which are mutually exclusive (and the 5000 XP ones all take a long time to set up).

But the level definitely has its own charms, and especially the school lets you do unexpected things that would not be possible in any other level.

It's not working for me.

It's working for me even now. Maybe DNS caches haven't caught up yet.

Bladelaw

When people say it's bad, it's bad in comparison with the very high standard of the other maps. But it's still a pretty decent Hitman mission.

100% this. I had the least fun doing the story mission on this map but it's a far cry form a bad experience. The worst map in a great game is, in this case, still pretty good.

Stoze

Got this from the sale on Steam, I'm really enjoying it so far. I've clocked in about 9 hours and have just been replaying the tutorial levels and Paris. I turned off opportunities, challenges, and instinct mode which makes exploring feel really rewarding.

Is intel not permanently stored anywhere? I understand why you recollect it during the mission, but I expected to be able to look at those whenever once my mastery hit a certain level or something.

I ranked the escalations by difficulty a little while ago: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=224180229&postcount=9079

Anything higher than average, expect some serious complications from levels 3-4 onward.

Ok cool, thanks!

Also does anyone know why the game just looks blurry when I try to downsample in-game? I feel like multiple games do this where when down scaling the game just looks worse. I'm doing stuff like 1440p down to a 1080p monitor, and my GPU is a 980ti so idk if that would effect why it would be blurry. Stuff like BF1 does it perfectly but yeah here it just makes it worse.

DOWN

Banned
Any confirmation they are working on fixing the blurry picture quality on Pro? I legit am ready to buy the game but was halted by the fuck up on Pro

I know one of their staff said he'd mention it but no guarantees they'd fix it which is a rather unpleasant notion that they'd essentially make the game worse for Pro users and not make it right so I hope they confirm they are on it

Help, I can't stop playing this game. And since I got it so late there is an overwhelming amount of content that I feel compelled to exhaust.

MaKTaiL

Any confirmation they are working on fixing the blurry picture quality on Pro? I legit am ready to buy the game but was halted by the fuck up on Pro

I know one of their staff said he'd mention it but no guarantees they'd fix it which is a rather unpleasant notion that they'd essentially make the game worse for Pro users and not make it right so I hope they confirm they are on it
Most people playing on Pro say that the game looks much better. The "blurrier" image comes from an anti-aliasing technic they used. Live looks much better than the pictures. It is a matter of if they are going to remove this AA again in the future. We haven't received a new patch since Hokkaido came out so it is possible they are working on it for the next patch.

Got this from the sale on Steam, I'm really enjoying it so far. I've clocked in about 9 hours and have just been replaying the tutorial levels and Paris. I turned off opportunities, challenges, and instinct mode which makes exploring feel really rewarding.

Is intel not permanently stored anywhere? I understand why you recollect it during the mission, but I expected to be able to look at those whenever once my mastery hit a certain level or something.

Lol, didn't even know you could do that. That's my problem, I just rush in and start playing. There are so many different sections within the menu's.

Stoze

Lol, didn't even know you could do that. That's my problem, I just rush in and start playing. There are so many different sections within the menu's.

Yeah it's definitely worth digging into the settings as there's a lot of stuff to tailor your experience in there.

i feel like you have to turn off the high opportunity tracking default

it's way too hand holdy that way

Not only that but merely having shit pop up on-screen constantly is annoying as well.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Just started playing was wondering what content gets added monthly and does it disappear or get rotated out?

only elusive targets disappear. I don't know how much more they're going to add to this game now it's complete. There's another bonus episode due in January and at least five more elusive targets. Hopefully they'll keep adding escalation missions too.

the chris

only elusive targets disappear. I don't know how much more they're going to add to this game now it's complete. There's another bonus episode due in January and at least five more elusive targets. Hopefully they'll keep adding escalation missions too.

I thought I heard them talking to the Giant Bomb guys about how they were going to keep supporting the game while working on the next season of the game.

There are at least 12 more elusive targets, because they explicitly said that you can unlock all suits if you start from The Chef.

Is the intro pack worth the money?, I have $10 that expire at the end of the month and I want to try this game before I decide to buy the disc version next year.

tchocky

Is the intro pack worth the money?, I have $10 that expire at the end of the month and I want to try this game before I decide to buy the disc version next year.

Yes, it will give you access to two tutorial levels as well as Paris which has a ton of escalation missions on top of the story missions. I spent over 30 hours on the intro pack alone.

Jintor

have we had hitman in a theme park before?

does the opening level of blood money count? I don't think so.

my three wishes for hitman level, in order, are E3, Airport, Theme Park.

MaKTaiL

I want one set in a large Cruise Ship on the coast of Rio de Janeiro in Brazil :)

I really wish this was 30 on PSN. I would rather play it on the PS4 than my PC.

Was thinking of picking this up on PC with it currently only being £20 and the Giantbomb guys saying that version is better, especially with load times.

I have the prolougue and first episode on PS4 but the upgrade to the rest is pricey.
Any major reason other than the always online part (which I assume is the same for PS4), please?

I've interviewed the developers 3 times over the last year and every single time I've asked for a trade show/comic con/expo sort of level, haha.

Jintor

also a crossover with sleeping dogs because i'm greedy like that

actually that would probably be the e3 level right? disguise as every goddamn squeenix character (cosplayer).

final fantasy x hitman, you heard it here first

MaKTaiL

Was thinking of picking this up on PC with it currently only being £20 and the Giantbomb guys saying that version is better, especially with load times.

I have the prolougue and first episode on PS4 but the upgrade to the rest is pricey.
Any major reason other than the always online part (which I assume is the same for PS4), please?
Hitman is currently on sale for PS4 too.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I've always wanted one like that as well. There would be so many opportunities with rigging rides.

KingV

Beat the Chef elusive yesterday night. It wasn't pretty or flashy, and ended with me chasing him down a hallway with a pistol after botching my plan, but I stashed fresh costumes nearby and was able to escape.

Mupod

is there still time to do the chef tonight? I don't know for sure if I'll have even 20 minutes to do so, and I sure didn't last night. I've never attempted an elusive target and only got the game on the weekend, so I wanted to try and get some unlocks/knowledge of the Paris map. But my schedule is unfriendly to time-limited anything.

You still have 45 hours for The Chef. (Hitmanmaps.com now has a very helpful countdown.)

I've always wanted one like that as well. There would be so many opportunities with rigging rides.

The one obstacle with a theme park level: you never want to allow 47 to harm kids, for obvious reasons. How do you come up with a theme park with adults only without making it not a theme park anymore?

Top Bottom