• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Tuffty

So I finally bought this game and I'm enjoying it! Did a run-through of Paris which was great. Then I tried to do the illusive target The Chef. I used a screwdriver on a plug socket out of curiosity and electrocuted myself to death...

So yeah, I fucked that up, lol.

If it's any consolation, that has happened to me and so many others, even on a previous Elusive target.

You know, if IO wanted to do some crosspromoting they could do some small Deus Ex and Tomb Raider related bonus missions. Imagine 47 at a party in the Croft Manor or a museum showing relics brought back by a Croft expedition or a skyscraper owned by one of the future members of the Illuminati. Mastery bonuses could be stun gun, a bow that's silent and the arrows can be picked up again, a pair of sunglasses that lets 47 spot cameras and tech from far away etc.

Adry9

You know, if IO wanted to do some crosspromoting they could do some small Deus Ex and Tomb Raider related bonus missions. Imagine 47 at a party in the Croft Manor or a museum showing relics brought back by a Croft expedition or a skyscraper owned by one of the future members of the Illuminati. Mastery bonuses could be stun gun, a bow that's silent and the arrows can be picked up again, a pair of sunglasses that lets 47 spot cameras and tech from far away etc.

cYanmPn.gif

DedValve

Banned

Having a Croft Manor exhibit while Lara and co is away and a villain from TR that needs to be eliminated would be so fucking cool.

EDIT: I did the mission in bangock killing both enemies but the exit doesn't appear? Is it because I went into offline mode? Shit that mission was tough I don't want to do it again.

derFeef

What if 47 could put his mind into a computer and would have to make Assassinations in a virtual, yet real world. Preferable historical cities like .. Venice, Rome.

:p

A stun gun would be fun but might just break the game wide open unless it was restricted to something like 3 shots. Even then that might be all you'd need for a lot of runs.

EDIT: I did the mission in bangock killing both enemies but the exit doesn't appear? Is it because I went into offline mode? Shit that mission was tough I don't want to do it again.

There are normally only two exits, one at the end of the riverside pier and one in the basement. Both are on the sams side of the hotel.

Are you not able to use those?

Oynox

I hope you enjoy it. Don't be afraid to leave things like opportunities on. There's so much to do and plenty to miss if you just try and wing it your first time out.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to switch them off for the first time playing and later use them to experience all the bits?

ZeroX03

Banned
Even the upgrade pack is on sale.

I should not have bought the last three episodes separately. It's not like I would have even missed out on elusives. Now I have to wait months for the bonus episode and pay $75 total. God they fucked episodic buyers so, so hard.

MaKTaiL

Even the upgrade pack is on sale.

I should not have bought the last three episodes separately. It's not like I would have even missed out on elusives. Now I have to wait months for the bonus episode and pay $75 total. God they fucked episodic buyers so, so hard.
No, they rewarded full experience buyers instead. Usually it's the other way around. People that pre-order games that get fucked over. It's nice to know IO is doing things differently.

Bryko

Individual episodes are $5 each too.

So I have episodes 1-3 individually, is there any reason not to buy 4-6 individually instead of the upgrade pack? Will I not get the bonus missions?

ZeroX03

Banned
No, they rewarded full experience buyers instead. Usually it's the other way around. People that pre-order games that get fucked over. It's nice to know IO is doing things differently.

Rewarded full experience buyers? I'm sorry how is you getting the bonus missions six month early rewarding? You could spend $30 right now and get access to them. I've spent $65 and still have no way to play them. Has nothing to do with pre ordering.

If you think IO/SE handled the episodic purchasing well, from poor communication to delayed content, you're delusional.

MaKTaiL

Rewarded full experience buyers? I'm sorry how is you getting the bonus missions six month early rewarding? You could spend $30 right now and get access to them. I've spent $65 and still have no way to play them. Has nothing to do with pre ordering.

If you think IO/SE handled the episodic purchasing well, from poor communication to delayed content, you're delusional.
Ever since the Full Experience was announced they said there was going to be 7 episodes in total. If you didn't bother to do the math it's your fault for paying more in the end. $15 + $10x6 = $75

Aaron D.

On Elusive Targets:

1. Can I Restart the mission if things start going south (but I'm not dead yet)?

2. Can I Save mid-mission and come back later to complete the Elusive Target?

Thanks!

ZeroX03

Banned
Ever since the Full Experience was announced they said there was going to be 7 episodes in total. If you didn't bother to do the math it's your fault for paying more in the end.

Jesus fuck I don't want to go over this again, they stopped talking about the seventh episode to purposely make it a mystery and would not acknowledge it at all, add to that the descriptions on PSN and XBL didn't make the seventh episode clear, only on Steam. This was after they changed from a 3 and 3 episode release.

You're straight up wrong, stop defending bullshit. Their communication was atrocious and there's no excuse to withhold content.

Symphonia

Banned
1. Can I Restart the mission if things start going south (but I'm not dead yet)?

2. Can I save mid-mission and come back later to complete the Elusive Target?
1. If things go south, just disconnect from the internet without quitting the mission. Once disconnected, quit the game. Reconnect to the internet and boot the application up again. You'll be able to restart the elusive target as if nothing has happened.

2. No, you can't save mid-mission and return to it at a later time.

KORNdoggy

On Elusive Targets:

2. Can I Save mid-mission and come back later to complete the Elusive Target?

Thanks!

1. you can back out to menu if you and your target is alive. do it if they're dead and you fail

2. no.

MaKTaiL

Jesus fuck I don't want to go over this again, they stopped talking about the seventh episode to purposely make it a mystery and would not acknowledge it at all, add to that the descriptions on PSN and XBL didn't make the seventh episode clear, only on Steam. This was after they changed from a 3 and 3 episode release.

You're straight up wrong, stop defending bullshit. Their communication was atrocious and there's no excuse to withhold content.
Sorry but I still don't understand why you should get to pay the same amount as those who payed for all the Season upfront. Episodic buyers will always pay more. It's been this way for a very long time with Telltale games for exemple. Full season is 20 dollars, episodic buyers pay 25. Now scale that price to 60 and you will get the same for Hitman. The only difference is that the seventh episode will only be available to be bought later but you are still paying the same you would if the episode was already available. If you are pissed because the Bonus episode is still not available that's a totally different issue but do not tell me you got fucked over because you weren't.

Bladelaw

Wouldn't it be a good idea to switch them off for the first time playing and later use them to experience all the bits?

I'd say it depends on your experience with the genre. I've never played a Hitman game prior to this one and was totally overwhelmed by what I could do when I started. Turning on the opportunities and such helped give me the skills to really take advantage of that freedom. There's certainly nothing wrong with going in totally blind and just figuring things out for yourself but if there seems like too much to keep track of, using the opportunities really helped me get around and learn the maps.

I imagine if you've played prior games in the series leaving the opportunities off so you can go about things your own way is super rewarding. I'm at the point now where I check the challenges for an idea of "what" I need to do and come up with the "how" on the fly. But when I started I felt like I was just blindly wandering and not really learning anything because I was too cautious.

ZeroX03

Banned
Sorry but I still don't understand why you should get to pay the same amount as those who payed for all the Season upfront. Episodic buyers will always pay more. It's been this way for a very long time with Telltale games for exemple. Full season is 20 dollars, episodic buyers pay 25. Now scale that price to 60 and you will get the same for Hitman. The only difference is that the seventh episode will only be available to be bought later but you are still paying the same you would if the episode was already available. If you are pissed because the Bonus episode is still not available that's a totally different issue but do not tell me you got fucked over because you weren't.

Episodic purchasers are already paying more than full experience purchasers, excluding the bonus episodes. The existence of the seventh episode was questionable when they stopped talking about it and wouldn't acknowledge it.

Don't think you're the first person to bring up these points. I've shot them all down before. I'm pissed because episodic buyers got screwed in every damn way. Poor communication, price and delayed content. Then your moronic ass comes in here talking about how full experience buyers were rewarded? Get out of here. Smashing you on ignore because I'm damn sure you don't actually have a good point to raise.

Finally playing some of this after buying a couple of episodes in May. One thing that kinda irks me is that they go out of their way to portray the targets as bad people that kinda deserve to die.
I mean you're a fucking hitman, why not kill some guy just because someone paid you to do it.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I'd say it depends on your experience with the genre. I've never played a Hitman game prior to this one and was totally overwhelmed by what I could do when I started. Turning on the opportunities and such helped give me the skills to really take advantage of that freedom. There's certainly nothing wrong with going in totally blind and just figuring things out for yourself but if there seems like too much to keep track of, using the opportunities really helped me get around and learn the maps.

I imagine if you've played prior games in the series leaving the opportunities off so you can go about things your own way is super rewarding. I'm at the point now where I check the challenges for an idea of "what" I need to do and come up with the "how" on the fly. But when I started I felt like I was just blindly wandering and not really learning anything because I was too cautious.

the opportunities are a good idea and I would suggest people leave them on and actually do them especially if they're new to the game. Some are really hand-holdy and basically direct you to a kill but some of the later ones just show you one way of getting through a security checkpoint or something and then leave you alone. I think they're usually worth doing because the developers are trying to point you in the direction of something interesting not necessarily handing you the perfect solution. The challenges are like the next layer to that because once you have the basics done and some understanding of the map you can begin to use that knowledge and do some of the harder stuff.

tanuki

Noticed all the individual episodes and upgrade pack are on sale on PSN. I stopped buying after Marrakech, so spent $35 in total.

I can buy the upgrade pack for $25 for a total of $60, which kinda makes up for the release fuckery... except if I waited I could've paid $30. Ah well, at least I didn't end up having to pay $75.

Definitely not buying individually on season 2.

MaKTaiL

Episodic purchasers are already paying more than full experience purchasers, excluding the bonus episodes. The existence of the seventh episode was questionable when they stopped talking about it and wouldn't acknowledge it.

Don't think you're the first person to bring up these points. I've shot them all down before. I'm pissed because episodic buyers got screwed in every damn way. Poor communication, price and delayed content. Then your moronic ass comes in here talking about how full experience buyers were rewarded? Get out of here. Smashing you on ignore because I'm damn sure you don't actually have a good point to raise.

I already raised my points and I stand by them. You keep saying delayed content when they in fact released all episodes on time. ALL OF THEM. Price has been stablished from the very beggining so I don't see why you got screwed with that. Every episode would cost $10 and it remained that way until now. They stated on PSN page from the very beggining that there was going to be seven episodes on 6 different locations. It was clearly written there when I pre-ordered. You didn't do the math and you think you got screwed over. Now your response is to simply ignore me, fine. I explained my position about this matter already.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Can you buy episodes out of order? My friend is interested in the black friday deal but I'm not actually sure how that works.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Noticed all the individual episodes and upgrade pack are on sale on PSN. I stopped buying after Marrakech, so spent $35 in total.

I can buy the upgrade pack for $25 for a total of $60, which kinda makes up for the release fuckery... except if I waited I could've paid $30. Ah well, at least I didn't end up having to pay $75.

Definitely not buying individually on season 2.

yeah you can just buy the upgrade and that'll give you the rest.

try asking for a refund on the individual episodes. I don't know what Sony are like but Microsoft gave me a refund after Marrakesh came out.

Can you buy episodes out of order? My friend is interested in the black friday deal but I'm not actually sure how that works.

You need the intro pack (Paris) which is like the game launcher if you're going that route and then you can buy everything else separately from there. You're better off getting the full thing at the moment though if it's $30.

It's not worth it dude. They'll keep going on about how Square rewarded them as if Square actually gives a fuck about them. While those who actually bought their episodic game episodically get screwed because uuuuuhhhh...

I already raised my points and I stand by them. You keep saying delayed content when they in fact released all episodes on time. ALL OF THEM. Price has been stablished from the very beggining so I don't see why you got screwed with that. Every episode would cost $10 and it remained that way until now. They stated on PSN page from the very beggining that there was going to be seven episodes on 6 different locations. It was clearly written there when I pre-ordered. You didn't do the math and you think you got screwed over. Now your response is to simply ignore me, fine. I explained my position about this matter already.

In all fairness, the communication on release *was* really fucked since day one. Remember, when they announced it, they were going to release the first three episodes in one go, then the last three; then they said they were going to release the prologue and paris with the rest coming out once a month thereafter; then they delayed the game from its original launch in December of last year; then they snuck in a 7th episode line without talking about why there were 7 episodes in six locations, and then we didn't know what the 7th episode would entail until the summer bonus ep launched in between episodes 3 and 4, with the explanation that the summer bonus ep wouldn't be available for episodic purchasers until the third bonus scenario released, which zero information has come out about yet, months after release. I think even if you sidestep the fact that Full Experience buyers got the bonus ep for free while episodic players have to pay, the fact that they can't buy and play the content *even if they choose to* is pretty fucked.

I bought into the full Season One of Hitman the second it was available, and I double dipped on PS4 and PC since, but I can completely understand the argument that the communication has been fucked ever since the initial reveal. To say otherwise is just...well, a bit selective in representation of the facts. Even IOI has gone on the record saying they wish their messaging and communication was better.

Aaron D.

yes for 1, not sure on 2

1. If things go south, just disconnect from the internet without quitting the mission. Once disconnected, quit the game. Reconnect to the internet and boot the application up again. You'll be able to restart the elusive target as if nothing has happened.

2. No, you can't save mid-mission and return to it at a later time.

1. you can back out to menu if you and your target is alive. do it if they're dead and you fail

2. no.

Thanks, gang.

Just trying to get a sense of how much time I need to carve out before making a serious attempt.

In-laws are in town for the holiday so I can't just fire up the game on a whim only to be called away 20 minutes later.

ZeroX03

Banned
with the explanation that the summer bonus ep wouldn't be available for episodic purchasers until the third bonus scenario released, which zero information has come out about yet, months after release.

One of the devs tweeted that third bonus mission is coming out with the physical release on January 31st and that's when episodic players will have access. A good six months late.

Top Bottom