• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

NickMitch

How is that "coining" even possible?!?!?...is it enough even to just turn your back at the target? More often than not the wrong person is going for the coin......

I can't believe how wrong I was about this game. When they announced it was going to be episodic, I believed it would fail. Now i am excited to pick up season 1 in a couple weeks.

Awesome :)

I can't believe how wrong I was about this game. When they announced it was going to be episodic, I believed it would fail.
This was a very common sentiment, but I never understood it. Hitman was always a perfect vehicle for episodic content, because each level is always so self-contained from both a story and gameplay perspective. If your only experience of Hitman games was Absolution then I could understand the misgivings (since that style of game would never have worked with an episodic release format), but even people claiming they were Hitman veterans were saying the same thing, even after IO made it clear this would be a traditional Hitman game (i.e. Blood Money successor).

I loved Absolution too BTW, even if it wasn't the game I was expecting. I really hope the current HITMAN goes gangbusters for IO and outdoes Absolution from a sales revenue perspective though. It took a lot of guts for them to step away from Absolution (which was the most successful game in the series sales-wise) and go back to a traditional Hitman game.

MUnited83

For you.
... what the fuck

Was there a reason to put the poison above the charge? That seemed a bit weird.

Not poison, that's nitroglycerin. There is 5 bottles of that in Colorado and it is what is propelling the hay bale through the air, the charge is there just so he can explode the nitroglycerin at the right moment.

I can't find the intern in Marrakesh.

They made him way too generic-looking, and he might actually have the longest route of any NPC in this game. Here's his route:

He starts somewhere in the bazaar - I don't actually remember where, but eventually he'll go into the alleys and make a few stops to ask for directions. After maybe 10(?) minutes of this he'll give up and cross the whole map to return to the consulate. He'll go upstairs, report to Strandberg, then go back downstairs and settle down around the reception desk.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
They made him way too generic-looking, and he might actually have the longest route of any NPC in this game. Here's his route:

He starts somewhere in the bazaar - I don't actually remember where, but eventually he'll go into the alleys and make a few stops to ask for directions. After maybe 10(?) minutes of this he'll give up and cross the whole map to return to the consulate. He'll go upstairs, report to Strandberg, then go back downstairs and settle down around the reception desk.

yikes, I googled him up and he really looks plain that he blends into the crowd so easily

Mupod

Got my fourth elusive SA, and fifth success. This one got pretty hairy because I don't know Colorado all that well. But
clearing out the two hackers on the top floor
seemed to be the key to success. I just about had a heart attack when I almost got spotted on my way out - Michael Myers walked downstairs and saw me as I was going through the exit, but it only triggered an 'investigate this area' and not suspicion.

When shit goes bad, I love just letting my mistakes devolve into chaos and see how long I can survive. It's a shame I forgot I was doing the elusive target last time this happened :(

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Started playing like a week ago and did my first elusive target yesterday, was my first time doing Colorado and I'm glad it was a fairly small map to start with!

SA nailed :D Took me so long to figure out how to get him to leave his room, eventually he just did it on his own when I took out the hackers.

Love this game.

Ugggghhhhhh!!! What's with the PS4 loading times anyway? I don't know how good you folks on the PC side have it, but for a game that makes re-loading such an integral part of perfecting certain challenges, the fucking load times on the PS4 are killing my experience. On their own they're not so bad, but when you're having bad luck getting stuff done, they're the worst!

First failed elusive since The Prince.

It was a good run.

Avoided the cameras, got rid of the two guards near Rose's room. Was trying to distract the Chameleon, got the files from the computer, tried to distract the Chameleon, wasn't happening, saw he was checking his phone, tried to poison his water, he caught me, went into suspicion mode, he chased me into the bathroom, I knocked him out with a soda can but I forgot about the new guard in Rose's room...tried to escape after they heard the altercation, shot down. Game Over 47 :(

The craziest thing is I got SA on The Angel of Death but have fucked up every one since then.

Dammit I don't get Cowboy 47 suit.

First failed elusive since The Prince.

It was a good run.

Avoided the cameras, got rid of the two guards near Rose's room. Was trying to distract the Chameleon, got the files from the computer, tried to distract the Chameleon, wasn't happening, saw he was checking his phone, tried to poison his water, he caught me, went into suspicion mode, he chased me into the bathroom, I knocked him out with a soda can but I forgot about the new guard in Rose's room...tried to escape after they heard the altercation, shot down. Game Over 47 :(

The craziest thing is I got SA on The Angel of Death but have fucked up every one since then.

Dammit I don't get Cowboy 47 suit.

I think this is actually the only elusive target ever that didn't add a single guard or civilian NPC to the map. That guard in Rose's bedroom is always there.

It's just that normally he might be sleeping. Not sure if that got changed here.

Well a new guard enters the rotation once Rose enters the house and he replaces the guy I had originally subdued and I also got rid of the guard who patrols the hallway. It's whatever, I could have forced quit and tried again but I'm too honest for that. I'll get the next Colorado elusive.

Well this just happened :p

g5yPlr.gif

Stoze

wait, how?

Off the top of my head:
Sneak into Yuki's room from the balcony, plant cigs and create a gas leak on the heater. Or even better you can just bake her in the sauna, though you technically see her when you lock her in I guess. edit: You can also replace her cigs in the sushi area (just climb over the booth) and then puncture a hole in the oil drum in the courtyard where she goes to smoke.

You can destroy Soder's replacement heart in the morgue or poison and replace his stem cells very easily.

Off the top of my head:

The
gas leak
doesn't work that well because
it will kill two bodyguards unless you get them out of the way, which is way too much work while suit only

Even more methods for Yuki:

Start in your suite, set off an explosion on the balcony, trigger Target Escaping and shoot down the cable car.
Start on the mountainside, wait, shoot through one of the resort windows to bring down a light fixture she walks under.

Stall19

The
gas leak
doesn't work that well because
it will kill two bodyguards unless you get them out of the way, which is way too much work while suit only

Even more methods for Yuki:

Start in your suite, set off an explosion on the balcony, trigger Target Escaping and shoot down the cable car.
Start on the mountainside, wait, shoot through one of the resort windows to bring down a light fixture she walks under.

It works if you plant the cigs in the restaurant and poke a hole in the drum in the courtyard

I see that Target Tag #8 is Max Decker.

Did they change it so that you don't blow your cover if you lead him slightly the wrong way? I still remember getting Crime Noticed just for leading him towards the back of the palace from outside.

So triggering an escape won't tarnish SA? interesting

I feel like the developers went out of their way to make sure the coolest unique kills still count for SA wherever remotely justifiable.

This is a game where a golf ball spontaneously exploding on the tee still somehow counts as an accident.

So the upcoming physical release of the game apparently has the soundtrack and a 'making of' documentary included in it. Do we have any idea if this will be made available to folks who purchased the game digitally before this? Will it be paid DLC?

Thinking of buying another copy of the game just to support IO and for that sweet looking steelbook.

So the upcoming physical release of the game apparently has the soundtrack and a 'making of' documentary included in it. Do we have any idea if this will be made available to folks who purchased the game digitally before this? Will it be paid DLC?

Thinking of buying another copy of the game just to support IO and for that sweet looking steelbook.

You get those if you bought the full game or upgrade pack. The method of distribution is still unspecified.

https://hitman.com/news/disc-release-date-announcement

MUnited83

For you.

If you got the full experience or the upgrade to it you get all that. The only thing that is separate is the Requiem pack, which if you preordered you already own.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Ugggghhhhhh!!! What's with the PS4 loading times anyway? I don't know how good you folks on the PC side have it, but for a game that makes re-loading such an integral part of perfecting certain challenges, the fucking load times on the PS4 are killing my experience. On their own they're not so bad, but when you're having bad luck getting stuff done, they're the worst!

It is absolutely fucking brutal. The worst part is waiting for the save game menu to load every time you save.

The worst part- it only takes that long because it needs to communicate with the server before it allows you to save.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
late response but as others have said you can kill soders by crushing his replacement heart and kill yuki by placing cigs in the sushi bar .

as this video it is super easy .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQeZ...9hrbjcE5y5-iW8

The sushi bar is the one I'm a bit figuring out, I don't want to watch it yet lol

I take it when she is in the sushi bar and found her cigs, she will head to a spot for pushing?

Top Bottom