• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

4ihdvsl.png

MUnited83

For you.
I'm still gonna need to wait for the next target to get that glorious suit :(. Failed the food critic spectacularly. That said I wouldn't have the suit even if I succeeded , since my plan involved collateral kills anyways :p

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck, got spotted deleting the evidence and fucked up SA.

not that this helps but always do that first because you can restart as long as you don't complete an objectives. Before I do anything I plan my escape, delete any evidence and remove any people that might cause me trouble. My times are atrocious but it gets the job done.

not this helps but always do that first because you can restart as long as you don't complete an objectives. Before I do anything I plan my escape, delete any evidence and remove any people that might cause me trouble. My times are atrocious but it gets the job done.

I usually do that but this is honestly the one time I forgot

justjim89

Damn it, damn it, damn it! This was the last one I needed for the longcoat. I did everything perfectly until I went to leave the house and got marked as suspicious by a guy who didn't even have a dot over his head! I'm so fucking mad right now. Mad at myself, mad at the game. Fuck.

If you push him off the balcony, don't leave through the front door.

This was such an easy SA and I got completely fucked out of it. Watch the next one be super hard.

I've preordered the complete disc version of this - the end of the month can't come soon enough. I can't wait to dive back into Hitman. It's been so hard waiting.

Winter Coat, you are mine. Don't think I've ever been so nervous doing one of these Elusive Targets.

Can't wait to get home and try. This will be my Winter Coat run too. I have a habit of cheating on ET's (getting hints from this thread/YouTubers, etc.), but yes, I still get nervous as SHIT when I'm making my way to the exit every single time.

I'm furious with myself. I had that SA in the bag and then I miss something so obvious.

My plan was to
murder the target in the house and then escape through the basemen
t.

Prep:
1. I lockpicked the basement door in advance.
2. Knocked out the guard who walks around by the stairs.
3. Knocked out the target.
4. Knocked out the hackers.
5.Knocked out the guard in the basement.
6. Set the 3D printer going.
At this point I was still could have restarted and practiced my runthrough but I decided to proceed.

1. Downloaded the files.
2. Threw the target over the stairs.
3. Ran down to the basement.
4. Realised I'd forgotten to pick up the mask from the printer.

How did I forget that? Why didn't I just
wait by the printer for the mask to be ready?

CloudWolf

Well, that was easy and disappointing

Got rid of the hackers in the room, the target went out for a smoke, threw him off the balcony. Done.

Hours later, after a good workout, I'm still super mad about how my run got fucked up. The guy didn't even have a dot over his head!

If you felt the game was cheap, you can be cheap back :)
When you fail SA just pause the game, disconnect from the internet and return to the main menu. Then reconnect and you'll be able to retry the elusive again.

CzarTim

Mine went sideways. Stuck him with an emetic needle thinking I'd drown him in the bathroom. He spotted me and ran though. I hid in the kid's room until the alarm went off, but I was compromised at this point and had stupidly done the files first so I couldn't restart. When he came back to barf in the trash can, I coined him into the bathroom, but missed the prompt. He spotted me again, so I had to knock him out. One of the hackers must of heard because I turned around and there he was. Knocked him out and took his outfit to lose compromised. At this point I realized I'd have to throw the ET off the balcony, so I started dragging him down the hall, but guards kept coming up for some reason. Had to knock out four of them before it was clear. Finally dumped the body, but that triggered one of the longest alarms I've seen. Hid in the kid's room for at least five minutes before I felt safe to go. Really didn't think I'd pull it off after getting spotted, but turned out okay!

Seronei

Failed SA for some reason, don't even know where it went wrong. Wasn't hunted at any point, didn't get compromised, deleted camera data. Was incredibly surprised when I didn't get it after finishing.

When you fail SA just pause the game, disconnect from the internet and return to the main menu. Then reconnect and you'll be able to retry the elusive again.

That seems like a bit much other than just taking the fail. There's going to be plenty of elusive targets in the future.

Well, that was easy and disappointing

Got rid of the hackers in the room, the target went out for a smoke, threw him off the balcony. Done.

I figured I would
get rid of everyone and then lure him to the banister for a push
, only to discover the game does the work for you.

Well, I got a second chance by complete accident.

Forgot to get the face mask to use the basement exit, went back up to get it, only to get spotted by the basement enforcer on my second trip down. Ran away to take the boat exit instead, but got randomly disconnected on my way there.

Completed the mission, and no score came up at the end, and the mission remained available.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Fucked up the Elusive Target because I accidentally pressed Strangle instead of Push.

Got shot up.

Curse you, Accident Kills.

You know what would have been a better explanation for "no explosions"?

He's a master of disguise, so the client does not want his body disfigured beyond being able to positively ID him.

GeeTeeCee

Got SA on the Colorado Elusive (and I would have the Winter Suit right now if that bloody non-target hadn't veered under a falling chandelier back in Sapienza), and I finally got around to picking up the last few levels of Hokkaido mastery in preparation for upcoming elusive.

As soon as I've got that Winter Suit I can go back to messing around with the Elusive targets rather than rigidly following a guaranteed SA strategy.

SL128

I got rid of the hackers and two guards, and then emetic poisoned him so he would go to the bathroom. Instead he went to the trashcan, so I tried improvising by throwing something towards the toilet as he ended vomiting, hoping he might move close enough to drown. Instead, 47 threw the screwdriver at his head and I failed.

:(

this elusive target might be one of the worst ever tbh

There's a lot that's already been said about this elusive on other sites, but it's more interesting to consider why it ended up like this.

You get the feeling that this one mainly serves to get data on whether the average player is actually capable of navigating Colorado and whether they have a grasp on what accidents are.

MUnited83

For you.
Ended up killing myself because my controller stopped working at the wrong moment and got killed by my own breaching charge :(
Two goddamn targets still need for the winter coat :(

ah well, i shall play this target in a alt account just to speedrun it at least.~

There's a lot that's already been said about this elusive on other sites, but it's more interesting to consider why it ended up like this.

You get the feeling that this one mainly serves to get data on whether the average player is actually capable of navigating Colorado and whether they have a grasp on what accidents are.

I really wanted for the target to actually take advantage of the whole "only non explosive accidents" stuff and , you know, go around the several good accident opportunities in Colorado. Instead we got...this.

Metal-Geo

Uuhhh... I somehow unlocked the winter coat despite this being my 4th silent assassin target. (I borked the previous one)

I'm not complaining or anything - but I thought they fixed the incorrect elusive target counting long ago.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stoze

Yeah I just
poked him with non-lethal syringe hoping I could drown him, but he went to a trashcan instead so I spiked his water with lethal poison while he was away. Normally that wouldn't count as an accident kill but I guess they decided to make it work for this one.

Got my sweet winter coat and absolution suit.

gelf

That was my first elusive target and I fucked it up royally and got killed making a stupid error before I even found him. Forgot it was a one shot on death.. oh well.

I settled for a run where I only knocked out two people. Tried to lure them all out of the room with dropped weapons, but that doesn't last long with more guards right outside.

Yeah I just
poked him with non-lethal syringe hoping I could drown him, but he went to a trashcan instead so I spiked his water with lethal poison while he was away.

Got my sweet winter coat and absolution suit.

Casual revelation on this page: lethal poison was allowed after all, even though we all thought it didn't strictly count as an Accident Kill.

And now in retrospect this tweet makes sense: https://twitter.com/TorbenEllert/status/816226337136451584 Enough people thought poison was an accident that they went along with it for this elusive.

I got screwed on SA this run,
I knocked out all the hackers upstairs and threw the target over the railing but I went downstairs to leave at the same time that Ezra Berg was talking to the prisoner, so I had to wait for him to leave and while I was waiting guards found the hackers.
No SA for me :/

Stoze

Casual revelation on this page: lethal poison was allowed after all, even though we all thought it didn't strictly count as an Accident Kill.

And now in retrospect this tweet makes sense: https://twitter.com/TorbenEllert/status/816226337136451584 Enough people thought poison was an accident that they went along with it for this elusive.

Yeah I caught it in a thread title on the hitman forums before I played, I wouldn't have thought to do it otherwise since I know there's a distinction between the two.

That's probably the best move on IO's part if they didn't have time to change things, but they really just should've had Diana say "also, poisoning will work" or something more subtle when explaining the mission and/or in the objectives.

I got screwed on SA this run,
I knocked out all the hackers upstairs and threw the target over the railing but I went downstairs to leave at the same time that Ezra Berg was talking to the prisoner, so I had to wait for him to leave and while I was waiting guards found the hackers.
No SA for me :/

Yeah, you leave
those hackers
lying around and you've got a ticking time bomb on your hands.

As soon as you saw people in the basement, plan B should be to run for the boat exit. I did that on my first run... except I was too late anyway because I had already doubled back too many times due to forgetting the mask.

Second run, I
dragged them both into the bedroom closet
because I was not about to deal with that again.

Oreoleo

First SA on an elusive target (Only got the game back around Thanksgiving)! Feels good man \o/ Especially after screwing the pooch so hard on the Food Critic.

Stall19

Fucked up spectacularly and got killed when I focused too much on the chameleon aspect and killed the wrong dude. Should have taken another look at what the target looked like. Oh well

GHG

Gold Member
I'm looking into buying this for the PC at the moment because I fancy playing a decent stealth game but want to know about the elusive target stuff. Are all the ones I've missed gone forever or is there a way to go back and play them without the rewards?

Oreoleo

I'm looking into buying this for the PC at the moment because I fancy playing a decent stealth game but want to know about the elusive target stuff. Are all the ones I've missed gone forever or is there a way to go back and play them without the rewards?

Nah, no way to do them after the fact. There will be plenty more to come throughout the rest of this year though so any cosmetics tied to completing them are still able to be gotten. The retail release wasn't until this month so there's going to be a ton of people in the same position as you that the devs will be catering to.

From the outside looking in it's very easy to say something like, "Look at all that content I don't get access to! Screw them!" But it's really not that big of a deal. Even with the missed elusive targets there is still a ton of side content (escalations, contracts) and bonus missions to keep you busy for a long, long time.

louiedog

I wouldn't worry about it. I got the game after the final episode released. I have 45 hours in it and have only completed one escalation, am only half way through the mastery of two of the maps, haven't touched one of the bonus missions, and have barely looked at contracts mode.

I don't mind that I missed 8 months of elusive targets because there's so much else to do. Even if I could I'm not sure when I'd get around to it.

GHG

Gold Member
Nah, no way to do them after the fact. There will be plenty more to come throughout the rest of this year though so any cosmetics tied to completing them are still able to be gotten. The retail release wasn't until this month so there's going to be a ton of people in the same position as you that the devs will be catering to.

From the outside looking in it's very easy to say something like, "Look at all that content I don't get access to! Screw them!" But it's really not that big of a deal. Even with the missed elusive targets there is still a ton of side content (escalations, contracts) and bonus missions to keep you busy for a long, long time.

I wouldn't worry about it. I got the game after the final episode released. I have 45 hours in it and have only completed one escalation, am only half way through the mastery of two of the maps, haven't touched one of the bonus missions, and have barely looked at contracts mode.

I don't mind that I missed 8 months of elusive targets because there's so much else to do. Even if I could I'm not sure when I'd get around to it.

Cool, thanks guys. I'll just dive in and forget about them then.

Top Bottom