• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

For me on this Elusive, the foot of the stairs in Colorado had Sean Rose standing at the clock unmoving, with his bodyguard watching the stairs. They never moved an inch, no matter what I did to try and trigger them. I've watched vids of other players and nobody else seemed to have that. PS4 Pro version here.

Was that a bug? I eventually got SA but it was harder than the regular missions for me!

Oreoleo

For me on this Elusive, the foot of the stairs in Colorado had Sean Rose standing at the clock unmoving, with his bodyguard watching the stairs. They never moved an inch, no matter what I did to try and trigger them. I've watched vids of other players and nobody else seemed to have that. PS4 Pro version here.

Was that a bug? I eventually got SA but it was harder than the regular missions for me!

I ran into the same thing with Rose and his bodyguard yesterday while playing the normal mission, except it was in his room after I had messed with his pencils. Stood there forever and never moved. Threw coins at him and the guard and they didn't react at all. It's gotta be a bug, maybe something in the scripting for his OCD opportunity?

Metal-Geo

I've had this on PC once. Reloading an earlier save fixed it - but obviously you can't do that during an elusive target.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yay my first SA Elusive. This one was very straightforward for me, and I didn't even have a hacker costume so I had to start outside. Hell, getting inside was the hardest part for me lol

I disguised an elite, went upstairs, took a hacker disguise, stole the documents, waited until the suspicious hacker was away AND the guard was out of his room, threw a fruit to make him stand up and look at a corner, and poisoned his water bottle
. Also did the quad bike escape here. It's dumb that the escape challenges can only be done in elusive/escalation.

I mean seriously, getting inside was the hardest part since no elites as far as I know were outside the trespassing area.

Thorgal

If you felt the game was cheap, you can be cheap back :)
When you fail SA just pause the game, disconnect from the internet and return to the main menu. Then reconnect and you'll be able to retry the elusive again.

simpler solution :

j
ust force the game to close with task manager and restart the game and you can try again .

I ran into the same thing with Rose and his bodyguard yesterday while playing the normal mission, except it was in his room after I had messed with his pencils. Stood there forever and never moved. Threw coins at him and the guard and they didn't react at all. It's gotta be a bug, maybe something in the scripting for his OCD opportunity?
I've had this on PC once. Reloading an earlier save fixed it - but obviously you can't do that during an elusive target.
Thanks guys. Hardest Elusive Target ever, and I hope to god there's never another one like it.

Boss Doggie

my only problem really is getting an elite disguise, is there an easy way to get one? all of them are in the tresspassing zone

He kept standing up and sitting down so I just
syringed him with emetic poison then threw him out of a window.
Pretty simple and now I have my Winter Coat. :)

Boss Doggie

Unless your game was bugged like mine. That's what the guys I quoted were talking about.

couldn't you just restart the mission? unless of course you've already retrieved the documents

Yes, spoilered for people who want to find out themselves:

You can find one in one of the open trucks in front of the house.

now I feel dumb
for not checking there
lol

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
my only problem really is getting an elite disguise, is there an easy way to get one? all of them are in the tresspassing zone

What I do is
run to the shed behind the house, climb in the window, turn on the radio, climb out the window, wait for someone to investigate, wrench them in the head, climb back in, turn off the radio, take their disguise

Takes like one minute

YaBish

Yay my first SA Elusive. This one was very straightforward for me, and I didn't even have a hacker costume so I had to start outside. Hell, getting inside was the hardest part for me lol

I disguised an elite, went upstairs, took a hacker disguise, stole the documents, waited until the suspicious hacker was away AND the guard was out of his room, threw a fruit to make him stand up and look at a corner, and poisoned his water bottle
. Also did the quad bike escape here. It's dumb that the escape challenges can only be done in elusive/escalation.

I mean seriously, getting inside was the hardest part since no elites as far as I know were outside the trespassing area.
There's an elite costume in
one of the trailers near the house
that you can get without anyone catching you.

Edit: I see this was already mentioned. My hardest part was not getting noticed by the cameras. I started as one of the bomb guys, and ended up
going in through the back window into the wash room. Went upstairs, unlocked the bathroom, then stuck one of the hackers with the emetic poison, knocked him out, and dragged him into the master bedroom closet. Then I grabbed his costume and nabbed the files before pushing the target off the balcony. Left the way I came in the house and took the bridge out.

SA for me!

ArjanN

You can, start right inside the house as well. It's one of the last ones iirc, but it's not available for this elusive.

Ah, I was wondering if I was remembering that wrong. Honestly that change is why I don't think this one was as easy as people make it out to be. For some of the other ETs you could just start with the 'right' disguise.

zert

Ok gaf should I buy the complete season? I haven't play Hitman since the PS2 days but I've heard many great things about this one.

I was waiting for a sale but I want something to play before Resident Evil 7.

So... do you recommend me to buy all of it or just the intro pack or just an episode?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Ok gaf should I buy the complete season? I haven't play Hitman since the PS2 days but I've heard many great things about this one.

I was waiting for a sale but I want something to play before Resident Evil 7.

So... do you recommend me to buy all of it or just the intro pack or just an episode?

You could buy the intro pack and if you like it there's an upgrade pack that gives you the rest of the game. all together it's about the same price so you don't lose out doing it that way.

Zekes!

This was my second elusive target and I failed. I got impatient when trying to get an Elite Militia costume. Was trying to lure a guard into the little shed behind the house, but instead of subduing him I ended up punching him, and then the radio was still on so another guard was alerted and I was shot down quick

I now know the saltiness of not being able to try it again

Boss Doggie

There's an elite costume in
one of the trailers near the house
that you can get without anyone catching you.

Edit: I see this was already mentioned. My hardest part was not getting noticed by the cameras. I started as one of the bomb guys, and ended up
going in through the back window into the wash room. Went upstairs, unlocked the bathroom, then stuck one of the hackers with the emetic poison, knocked him out, and dragged him into the master bedroom closet. Then I grabbed his costume and nabbed the files before pushing the target off the balcony. Left the way I came in the house and took the bridge out.

SA for me!

I feel the cameras are easy to deal with in Colorado.
Very out in the open and easy to shoot with a gun.

Now doing a suit only SA run for Colorado feels challenging.

This was my second elusive target and I failed. I got impatient when trying to get an Elite Militia costume. Was trying to lure a guard into the little shed behind the house, but instead of subduing him I ended up punching him, and then the radio was still on so another guard was alerted and I was shot down quick

I now know the saltiness of not being able to try it again

You know you can restart the mission if it goes bad and you enter combat mode, right?

couldn't you just restart the mission? unless of course you've already retrieved the documents
I did, I had the same bug every time :(

I eventually was able to work around it, but it involved clearing out a lot of the ground floor of the house, not the sort of thing you generally want to be doing on an Elusive! I was very lucky that I'd decided to smuggle in the ICA Audio Distractor just for the hell of it, it turned out to be the only way to get Rose to move at all.

Stall19

Doing suit only SA in Colorado was pretty easy once I realized that I never needed to leave the main house to complete all the objectives.

Bangkok was definitely the hardest for me.

Stoze

Ah, I was wondering if I was remembering that wrong. Honestly that change is why I don't think this one was as easy as people make it out to be. For some of the other ETs you could just start with the 'right' disguise.

By not being able to spawn in the house that tells you the target is in the house, so unlike a lot of other ETs you didn't have to spend anytime finding them. As mentioned there's an elite soldier disguise in a trailer directly in front of the house that you can change into without triggering suspicion.

It's harder if you don't know the map very well or haven't done ETs before, but you could say that about all of them.

Oreoleo

Doing suit only SA in Colorado was pretty easy once I realized that I never needed to leave the main house to complete all the objectives.

Bangkok was definitely the hardest for me.
I haven't given this a proper go yet, but Maya comes into the house at some point? I've basically only seen her rotate between the barn and mechanic area.

Edit: I had no idea there was a guard suit in the van outside the house. I just go up the left hand ramp and sprint through the front doors of the house when Ezra isn't around. There's a pretty big gap in guard visibility if you time it right.

Murkas

Winter suit is so awesome (pushed the target off the balcony) , been wanting it since Sapienza was released and was hoping they'd add a winter style suit later in the season.

Hoping for a three piece suit next.

MUnited83

For you.
I haven't given this a proper go yet, but Maya comes into the house at some point? I've basically only seen her rotate between the barn and mechanic area.

Edit: I had no idea there was a guard suit in the van outside the house. I just go up the left hand ramp and sprint through the front doors of the house when Ezra isn't around. There's a pretty big gap in guard visibility if you time it right.

No, but
you can shoot the haysack from the house.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Fucking lost Silent Assasin at the LAST SECOND. Fucking guy in the basement saw me as I was exiting with the mask. So stupid of me.

Happened to me with the Chef. The guy near the helicopter saw me just as I was pressing Y to exit the mission. I would have gotten my winter coat today if it hadn't been for that one mistake :(

Deadstar

Failed the Chameleon elusive. I got the target with emetic poison but instead of throwing up in the toilet he threw up in the trash can. Then he went back to his route and saw the bodies I piled up. Terrible.

Did they patch something to do with the 'compromised' mechanics? I knocked out a guard with a throwable from behind-ish but it said I'd been compromised and his body was orange, then completed the elusive and still got SA. It said I'd never been spotted.

Did they patch something to do with the 'compromised' mechanics? I knocked out a guard with a throwable from behind-ish but it said I'd been compromised and his body was orange, then completed the elusive and still got SA. It said I'd never been spotted.

This is probably not something to rely on in the long run, but right now there are a couple of probably unintentional exceptions where "compromised" doesn't count against you. One of these is where you get spotted in mid-throw by someone who gets immediately knocked out.

Boss Doggie

Ah wow, so basically just run to the edges and do accidentals.

I thought compromised is fine as long as you knock out the person and the guy hasn't told anyone yet

Drazgul

Did everything perfectly (poison syringe counts as accident on the target btw.), and then when I'm about to exit an aware guard comes out of nowhere and notices me, killing my SA rating. Some bullshit.

Top Bottom