• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Yopis

This was one of my favorite things about Absolution. It had so many great lines you could overhear, molding that same detail within a larger Blood Money style level is so great to see.

Earlier I watched the opening news reporter girl take her phone out and realize her boyfriend dumped her via text, called him some names, then after moving over to the news van was basically on tinder commenting on people while saying all this swiping makes her hungry.

Trademark of Ubi games.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So umm, I decided to redownload it and see if the servers worked, and all my DLC is gone despite being installed. Top lels Square.

Alright, guys.

I earned Silent Assassin w/ Suit-only on the Paris stage, but I was only expecting to receive the Suit-only challenge. I mean, I'm glad that I completed that challenge, but I don't feel like I really deserved it.

Here's how it went:
Wearing the classic 47 suit, I snuck undetected up to the A/V area and stole the fireworks remote. Then I went out the nearest balcony and scaled my way up to the balcony outside the auction room. I set the fireworks, and while the guard's back was turned, I pushed Dalia off the balcony onto Viktor, and I vaulted over the railing in the same action, hoping no one would see me.

Here's the thing...someone in the auction room saw me. I heard him alert a guard that he saw a murder, and gave him my description: "Bald, white, black suit w/ red tie." The guards on the upper floor went on alert looking for me as I escaped.

I get that you don't have to hide bodies when there was an "accident", in order to get Silent Assassin. But there was at least one witness that saw it was no accident.

I think I got very lucky...is this a glitch, or is the game more lenient than I thought?

Deadstar

I have a question:

Does anybody know how to get The Director to be on stage so I can drop the light support on him? There is a challenge for that but he never goes there.

Try to climb on top of the light. That might trigger him to get on stage. Isn't there an opportunity for this? It should lead you to the right location. I took out the fashion designer guy, then when I walked out into the room he was talking so I killed him with a pistol when he was on stage and got that challenge.

kai3345

Banned
I tried that, it didn't work. I don't know if there is a legit way of getting him to climb the stage but the way I did it was
I knocked him out, dragged his body onto the stage, climbed to the top and dropped the light support on him.
It was messy, but I got the challenge. Hahahaha.

If you
take out the other fashion guy (he's asian in a pink suit thing, at the back of the makeup area), the other guy will take his place on stage.

Yopis

what, funny writing? Not that I recall. Mind you I haven't played one in a few years now.

Man, imagine if the assassins creed franchise was actually about assassination. Sigh.

Oh yeah I remember conversations by guards in Splinter Cell Conviction. They would say all kinds of corny things. They talked about Mario Brothers ect.

Some challenges are broken for me. I have done Photobomb at least 3 times now and I just won't get the checkmark. Anybody else experiencing similar problems?

Are you sure you didn't save and load after you gave the reporter the lens? The multiple step challenges need to be done in a single try, if you reload at a later stage they won't count. I learned that the hard way trying to do the Do Svidanja challenge.

Jintor

Oh yeah I remember conversations by guards in Splinter Cell Conviction. They would say all kinds of corny things. They talked about Mario Brothers ect.

YOU THINK YOU'RE REAL SCARY FISHER

REMEMBER ME I WAS AT THE AIRFIELD

two guards on patrol outside the palace have a huge set of conversations which are really great

Paris Mastery 15/20.

Had some really sloppy runs to end the night, ending up justing shooting Viktor and Dalia point blank at the end of one lol.

How the hell do you do the Safe Room Explosion.

Deadstar

Paris Mastery 15/20.

Had some really sloppy runs to end the night, ending up justing shooting Viktor and Dalia point blank at the end of one lol.

How do you get them INTO the safe room? I set off the alarm but someone just turned it off.

Paris Mastery 15/20.

You have to
steal the bodyguard's cellphone and then use it to call in an alert. That gets both of them in the same room and then you just detonate the bomb you placed before they got there.

MUnited83

For you.
VOl7Wv.gif

gJ6nGY.gif

1wQGnR.gif

messing around with the buttload of gas canister there is in the contract tutorial is hilarious. I hope someone hacks infinite canisters into the game.

Foffy

Banned
You have to
steal the bodyguard's cellphone and then use it to call in an alert. That gets both of them in the same room and then you just detonate the bomb you placed before they got there.

You missed something that unless if done, Kurt doesn't have the item you need.

You need to read and find the evacuation plan in the basement. If you don't read this, Kurt does not drop a cellphone.

Foffy

Banned
These servers are trash

Still bad on day 5, huh? I wonder how they're going to crater when the first actual online-only justifications - Elusive Targets - start dropping.

I'm amazed that in less than a week, decisions made around the game have sapped the everloving fuck out of my interest in the game. They've affected my playstyle, ways of experimentation, and overall hype in only negative ways, almost to the opposite of what Hitman usually does for me. I have never had such a quick about face for a game since Lords of Shadow 2, but the saddening thing here is that there's actually a good game being compromised under the hood here. There's gold to be salvaged in the ship filling with water. :/

Jintor

yeah, but they could still right the ship, i think. and when the servers work fine, everything's aok. it's just... not reliable that that will happen, and that's fucking bullshit.

Foffy

Banned
yeah, but they could still right the ship, i think. and when the servers work fine, everything's aok. it's just... not reliable that that will happen, and that's fucking bullshit.

Of course. But I would like them to offer smaller rafts for players. An all-or-nothing online system can and has proven to be a disaster for games like this. There are measures to get out of the problem, but that's only if this was a developer decision, not a publisher decision.

We may not be saying it often enough, be we can assume the always-online approach is not only being forced upon players...

You have to

You need to read and find the evacuation plan in the basement. If you don't read this, Kurt does not drop a cellphone.

Thanks a lot, how to do that challenge completely eluded me till now :D

AHA-Lambda

I get the impression I'm shooting myself in the foot for not having opportunities on now, how was I supposed to ever figure something like that out?
Had the same thought with trying to mix a poisoned cocktail but 47 refused to do so

Foffy

Banned
Looks like all my preorder bonuses are still missing. They were usable just fine until the new patch hit. Kind of a bummer! :(

An unintentional loss, according to the PR guys.

I get the impression I'm shooting myself in the foot for not having opportunities on now, how was I supposed to ever figure something like that out?
Had the same thought with trying to mix a poisoned cocktail but 47 refused to do so

I do not believe having those on would have helped uncovered this.

Jintor

I mean just listen to conversations. Two waiters are chatting nearby who'll tell you where the receipe is.

It's all surfaced pretty well without having to use their super intrusive AI

As for the evac plan - that's something you get just for snooping around, like the runway schedule.

PS4 or PC?

I haven't played since Saturday since I couldn't take all the disconnects any more. Extremely disappointed they still haven't sorted this out.

So much for launch weekend only issues..

PS4. It was kicking me out like every 10 minutes, then it was stable for an hour, then it started acting up again. Annoying as hell

there was a patch on the ps4 version tonight, but all the notes say are to make sure we stay connected to the interwebs while playing...

MaKTaiL

If you
take out the other fashion guy (he's asian in a pink suit thing, at the back of the makeup area), the other guy will take his place on stage.

Try to climb on top of the light. That might trigger him to get on stage. Isn't there an opportunity for this? It should lead you to the right location. I took out the fashion designer guy, then when I walked out into the room he was talking so I killed him with a pistol when he was on stage and got that challenge.
No. You guys are mistaking Viktor Novikov with The Director from the Sarajievo Six (PS4 exclusive Target). I wanted to know how to get The Director on top of the stage on a legit way.

GRaider81

Really enjoying this, classic hitman.

Still haven't managed to complete Paris despite different attempts! I'm not going back to saves though, trying to do it in one attempt. Keep blowing it last minute.

Really like that you lose your challenges when you fail.

mcarlie

Banned
Some challenges are broken for me. I have done Photobomb at least 3 times now and I just won't get the checkmark. Anybody else experiencing similar problems?

If you load a save between parts of a challenge it won't work. I confirmed this with the mr. reaper challenge.

Moff

If you load a save between parts of a challenge it won't work. I confirmed this with the mr. reaper challenge.

hmmm, that might make sense

edit: na, definitely not, I did that exactly with photobomb
I reloaded thet several times right before the explosion and the first try it never worked and the second time it always worked, about three times, I reloaded because I went after other challenges later

mcarlie

Banned
hmmm, that might make sense

edit: na, definitely not, I did that exactly with photobomb
I reloaded thet several times right before the explosion and the first try it never worked and the second time it always worked, about three times, I reloaded because I went after other challenges later

Come to think of it I loaded a save before the explosion as well and it worked. I'm totally sure that you can't load a save after she addresses you as Mr. Reaper and before you kill her though.

Come to think of it I loaded a save before the explosion as well and it worked. I'm totally sure that you can't load a save after she addresses you as Mr. Reaper and before you kill her though.

Yeah I save scummed the shit out of a SA/SO run and got the Silent Assassin challenge but not SA/SO. I would love to see a way to SA/SO for viktor that doesn't involve
pulling the alarm and bopping his bodyguard in the basement. there's so much RNG there it's not even funny.

Top Bottom