• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Has anyone tried out finding one of those few radios that you can grab, and then throwing it into the puddle resulting from an overflowing sink? I mean it sounds silly that it could even possibly work, but then again this is Hitman.

MUnited83

For you.
So you can still meet the SA requirements with found bodies if it's an accident? I wonder if you can do the same thing with Dalia...
Yes, Silent Assassin will still unlock if its an accident. You just won't get 5 star rating because of the found bodies, but it qualifies for SA just fine.
In the same video I also do the same thing with Dalia with a chandelier.

SomTervo

Man, imagine if the assassins creed franchise was actually about assassination. Sigh.

Syndicate has a few assassination missions that almost rival Hitman's. They are now large sandboxes in large open spaces with lots of NPCs of different factions (that fight each other), and unique opportunities for infiltration/information gathering/special kills.

Syndicate is a legit fucking good assassination and stealth game (as well as a legit good game overall). The sandbox is amazing and it's actually fun even when shit gets fucked (unlike the earlier games which were barely ever fun at all).

One cool example: Syndicate has an innovative mechanic called 'Kidnap'. If you can get up behind an enemy while they are unaware, you can press the 'pick up' button to grab them and hold a blade to their back. You can then force them to walk with you - creating a small 'safe zone' around you that grows if you move faster and shrinks if you're slower. This lets you walk straight into 'Restricted' areas and straight past any other guards - providing you don't get too close.

It's an incredible mechanic, and one which would feel at home in Hitman. It's really smooth and intuitive and has led to loads of amazing tense stealth moments for me in Syndicate. Walking five feet away from a huge line of British police, into a building, up stairs past loads of other police rummaging in a house, before slitting my kidnapee's throat on the top floor, burning some documents, and leaping out the window.

Anyway. Syndicate is great. Enough of a derail.

I think I'll go in on Hitman after payday. Sounds right up my street. Funnily enough, Hitman: Codename 47 was the second PC game I ever bought.

Moff

Syndicate had 2 or 3 missions that felt a bit like hitman, yeah. the tower, the asylum and the bank. but on a very small scale.

Yes, Silent Assassin will still unlock if its an accident. You just won't get 5 star rating because of the found bodies, but it qualifies for SA just fine.
In the same video I also do the same thing with Dalia with a chandelier.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I think that's going to be how I do my run. seems far less bullshitty than the video I saw.

Where's the invite into the IAGO auction? I keep thinking it has to do with the woman puking in the bathroom (not Dalia) but I don't see any invite.

Spoiler if necessary.

KORNdoggy

Where's the invite into the IAGO auction? I keep thinking it has to do with the woman puking in the bathroom (not Dalia) but I don't see any invite.

Spoiler if necessary.

bathroom stall next to hers. its next to the sink....nope. i don't understand the relevance of that conversation either. lol

it's almost like it was an intended opportunity but they changed their mind.

bathroom stall next to hers. its next to the sink....nope. i don't understand the relevance of that conversation either. lol

If you knock her out she has an invite on her also that you can swipe. I didn't even know there was an invite in the empty stall for a long while.

Salsa

doing the Sheikh opportunity...

apparently I broke Dalia's AI pattern

she stopped mid sentence to me, cause I bumped into something or something

she stopped and left

guessing I lost my window

if I load the game I lose the challenges...

yikes

this is bad. I really didn't do anything. Iffy as fuck

:/ stupid oversight? it shouldnt be this easy to break patterns that affect your whole goal. Frustrating as fuck when you've been really really careful

MaKTaiL

it's almost like it was an intended opportunity but they changed their mind.
Both girls talk about one of their friends that infiltraded the auction upstairs undercovered. If you go there and mess up with Dhalia's computer you will learn who she is. Later an undercover CICADA agent helps her flee the site because her cover might be blown. I suspect they will both show up as "easter eggs" in all future episodes.

Moff

gameplay and designwise this is easily the best hitman level ever

the fastest and easiest way to do it is by far starting as the tech guy, grab the fireworks remote, get the dropped sniper in the shed and snipe both targets, doesn't even take 3 minutes.

I really like the unlock and mission mastery design as well, great addition, and works really well with the episodic release, I really like that those unlocks can be used in the other missions as well

really well designed game

I really like the unlock and mission mastery design as well, great addition, and works really well with the episodic release, I really like that those unlocks can be used in the other missions as well

Makes so much more sense than the linear progression of the older games, and having to do the mission "right" in order to earn money. If the game had worked like that again, I know I just wouldn't even try to discover any alternative playstyles or routes.

MUnited83

For you.
gameplay and designwise this is easily the best hitman level ever

the fastest and easiest way to do it is by far starting as the tech guy, grab the fireworks remote, get the dropped sniper in the shed and snipe both targets, doesn't even take 3 minutes.

really well designed game
I have yet to unlock it, but I think starting in the attic might be faster.

Nah, attic is kinda annoying since there are a lot of guards up there and you don't start with a disguise, the only benefit I've found to starting in the attic is quickly getting the joke disguise.

Whenever I was doing a quick run I'd always start as tech and grab the remote too, you're not easily recognized and can get to a ton of different place very quickly, it's also super easy to get a certain style of assassination out of the way and then just use the fireworks to quickly take out the other person, jump in the helicopter and bail out.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

It depends if we're talking purely by completing or SA specifically. Starting at the tech area means you can sprint and kill Novikov literally within 20 seconds
with a chandelier
, then pop the fireworks and take out Dahlia.

But SA wise Attic should be faster since you can easily get to her bathroom. (EDIT: Oh, are accidents allowed for SA here? I couldn't tell with the score)

Sorta related but one smart thing to do regarding contracts is to have one kill be in 47's suit/tux or whatever so people have to start at the entrance before getting disguises for other kills.

MUnited83

For you.
hey guys check out my hot strat for taking out viktor in the paris stage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq0g9hdzbkk&feature=youtu.be
Lol, I need to check if this os replicable. Would be perfect for a speedrun.
Nah, attic is kinda annoying since there are a lot of guards up there and you don't start with a disguise, the only benefit I've found to starting in the attic is quickly getting the joke disguise.
Well, I'm thinking more of a SA SO run.
It depends if we're talking purely by completing or SA specifically. Starting at the tech area means you can sprint and kill Novikov literally within 20 seconds
with a chandelier
, then pop the fireworks and take out Dahlia.

But SA wise Attic should be faster since you can easily get to her bathroom. (EDIT: Oh, are accidents allowed for SA here? I couldn't tell with the score)

Sorta related but one smart thing to do regarding contracts is to have one kill be in 47's suit/tux or whatever so people have to start at the entrance before getting disguises for other kills.
Accidents are allowed for SA, it just doesn't give 5 stars rating.

Papercuts

Lol, I need to check if this os replicable. Would be perfect for a speedrun.

Well, I'm thinking more of a SA SO run.

Accidents are allowed for SA, it just doesn't give 5 stars rating.

That changes everything.

Once I saw stuff like the lighting rig giving me a 0 because it kills a boatload of people I haven't really messed with that kind of stuff.

jediyoshi

Wasn't expecting my gif to get so many views on reddit.

https://gfycat.com/OblongGraveFlicker

Laughed like an absolute madman when it first happened

Nice one.

This reminds me, I wish aiming with weapons didn't zoom in so much. It's always really disorienting when games do this, it feels like I have to reorient myself once it's fully zoomed in because I've lost a lot of my points of reference on the screen at which point the target has already moved.

Murkas

I miss my white suit and rubber ducky ;_;

For the reaper meeting challenge, is there a step I need to do from her
speaking to 47 when he's sitting down
, to shooting her in the head? I
waited in her office hoping for a meetin
g but nothing.

pahamrick

Amazon must hate me. Still haven't gotten the code for my White Suit. Have a case being escalated to their promo team and technical support team that's been on-going since Saturday and all I've been told is it is a known issue where certain orders didn't get all of the pre-order bonus codes and it's being worked on.

MUnited83

For you.
That changes everything.

Once I saw stuff like the lighting rig giving me a 0 because it kills a boatload of people I haven't really messed with that kind of stuff.
Yeah, Killing non-targets even with Accidents might prevent bSA. Not entirely sure though, because SA is challenge instead of a ranking. So you can't know if it qualifies as SA without it being your first time doing it and not unlocking the challenge.

Papercuts

Yeah, Killing non-targets even with Accidents might prevent bSA. Not entirely sure though, because SA is challenge instead of a ranking. So you can't know if it qualifies as SA without it being your first time doing it and not unlocking the challenge.

Really wish it would just say it somewhere, hopefully they add it in the future.

I'd also like to see more indepth score options--stuff like not leaving your suit behind, or pickups you have placed around ala the older games.

XaosWolf

UGHHHHH. I'm doing my suit only silent assassin run in Paris, already killed Dahlia, now after Victor in the corridors.

Poisoned the bodyguard, wait for him in the bathroom, subdue hi-CRIME SPOTTED.

...Are you serious!? Loaded and tried again - same thing happens. Went out to see who it was and it was some random guy in a grey suit who runs to tell the guard.

Apparently Victor invited fucking Clark Kent to his party or some shit.

Ugh I can't load my saves on PC. Attempting to do so crashes the game.

Are you running in Exclusive Fullscreen mode? Mine was doing that and changing to Exclusive seemed to fix it.

I miss my white suit and rubber ducky ;_;

For the reaper meeting challenge, is there a step I need to do from her
speaking to 47 when he's sitting down
, to shooting her in the head? I
waited in her office hoping for a meetin
g but nothing.

I think she'll only meet
Helmut or the Sheik
in her room, I'm not 100% but I couldn't find a way to get her to come either, what I did was
it's possible to stand to the right of the drink table behind the wall (if you were looking at the drink table from her perspective) and if the waiter isn't there you can shoot her in the head while shes taking a drink and no one can see you, you might have to take out the waiter I don't remember if he's always there when she is

MaKTaiL

UGHHHHH. I'm doing my suit only silent assassin run in Paris, already killed Dahlia, now after Victor in the corridors.

Poisoned the bodyguard, wait for him in the bathroom, subdue hi-CRIME SPOTTED.

...Are you serious!? Loaded and tried again - same thing happens. Went out to see who it was and it was some random guy in a grey suit who runs to tell the guard.

Apparently Victor invited fucking Clark Kent to his party or some shit.

Are you running in Exclusive Fullscreen mode? Mine was doing that and changing to Exclusive seemed to fix it.

There might be cameras watching you.

MUnited83

For you.
Really wish it would just say it somewhere, hopefully they add it in the future.

I'd also like to see more indepth score options--stuff like not leaving your suit behind, or pickups you have placed around ala the older games.
Yeah, that would be nice. That, and I wish they customized the timer score for each spawn point, because as it is people will just go for whatever is closest to the target for the Max bonus.
Doing suit only should give some points as well.

Randdalf

Figured out how to do Dalia perfectly for Silent Assassin, Suit Only
Get the IAGO invitation; go to the auction as Reaper; wait for Dalia to introduce herself to you; go back the way you came and into the attic (nobody will spot you trespassing); climb into the bathroom through the window; wait for Dalia to come and make a phone call...

My strategy for Viktor is much less clean cut, but it worked
Stealth through the basement (via the door in the entrance hall) into the stairwell behind the stage; wait for Jerome's conversation to finish; pacify the lady in the corridor, and store her body in one of the bathrooms, otherwise she will spot you; wait on the right side (the opposite end to the VIP entrance) for Novikov to walk past and pacify his guard, store the body in the bathroom; when Novikov walks back in from the back hall, garotte him and store his body in the bathroom as well...

This game is so good, I've played it for 16 hours and there's only 1 full map...

Man, I hope the next map is in early April (then again, I'll be playing the Show 16 but this is a nice break from it).

Got to Paris Mastery Lvl 20 but I still have challenges...so does that XP go towards the next map or is it just gonna accumulate into the next rank system or what? I got the Trophy for Lvl 20 but I'm surprised I got there so fast without all the challenges.

Also unlocked "An Invitation Upstairs" but I just spawned at the Auction as Mr. Reaper so that was cool.

Still gotta do the "Code 17" assassinations but I was in the middle of one when I got kicked due to an error and the game booted me out.

Top Bottom