• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Been having a really great time with this so far, wasn't gonna get it so soon but it was $12 on gmg so why not. Haven't had any server issues so far and my internet's pretty shit so guess i'm just lucky.

Salsa

game's doing a weird thing

whenever I do an action

say open a door

it like, loads for a while

and framerate goes to shit

now I turned off some light thing and the game became unplayable, almost locked up

no idea what's up. it doesnt seem to be anything related to the actual performance

how long did that take?
18 hours according to Steam. But I did just play around a bit between taking them. And some glitched so had to retry them a few times. Running around in a vampire outfit killing people with the fire ax is also addictive, which added at least an hour or so.

Foffy

Banned
game's doing a weird thing

whenever I do an action

say open a door

it like, loads for a while

and framerate goes to shit

now I turned off some light thing and the game became unplayable, almost locked up

no idea what's up. it doesnt seem to be anything related to the actual performance

Are you online? Maybe their server shit is hitting the game big time with the latest patch.

Yeah, I haven't been able to get the one involving shooting Viktor on stage, and shooting Dalia after introducing yourself as reaper.

Edit: omfg...I was setting up the perfect execution, had it all planned out, and target was coming my direction: connection to server lost. Fuck this nonsense!

Deadstar

Yeah, I haven't been able to get the one involving shooting Viktor on stage, and shooting Dalia after introducing yourself as reaper.

Edit: omfg...I was setting up the perfect execution, had it all planned out, and target was coming my direction: connection to server lost. Fuck this nonsense!

To get the reaper challenge you have to
take her out after she greets you in the chair and starts to walk away.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The sniper rifle has no zoom options on pc. You zoom in a little, but it is barely anything. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not but the zoom keybinding does nothing. I'm not sure if it's the same on consoles.

That's just the gun afaik, it doesn't zoom in more.

Deadstar

That's just the gun afaik, it doesn't zoom in more.

The sniper rifle zooms in by about 30 feet, weird if true, however with unlockable guns I can absolutely see better sniper rifles becoming available. Someone pointed out it's more of a scout rifle but I didn't read the description.

NeoGiff

Could anyone outline for me exactly what I need to do to get the trophy for completing all opportunities?

I'm convinced I've done all of them and finished the level after each. I've also reached mastery level 20 and that trophy popped just fine.

It's quite annoying that you can't see whether you've completed them or not from the main menu.

dreamfall

On PC DX12 works so much smoother for me, but once I go outside the game crashes and locks up. Transitioning for anywhere on the ground floor outside just causes it to crash. Back to DX12 I guess, but it's amazing how much smoother 12 felt.

Deadstar

On PC DX12 works so much smoother for me, but once I go outside the game crashes and locks up. Transitioning for anywhere on the ground floor outside just causes it to crash. Back to DX12 I guess, but it's amazing how much smoother 12 felt.

Does it look any better? Game crashes constantly on my nvidia graphics card. I assume it will work eventually.

MaKTaiL

I have a question:

Does anybody know how to get The Director to be on stage so I can drop the light support on him? There is a challenge for that but he never goes there.

I have a question:

Does anybody know how to get The Director to be on stage so I can drop the light support on him? There is a challenge for that but he never goes there.

I havent tried this but maybe pull a fire alarm? Hes head of security so I would assume he might go on stage to organize an evacuation?

Papercuts

Could anyone outline for me exactly what I need to do to get the trophy for completing all opportunities?

I'm convinced I've done all of them and finished the level after each. I've also reached mastery level 20 and that trophy popped just fine.

It's quite annoying that you can't see whether you've completed them or not from the main menu.

I double checked by turning them on minimal instead of off and saw the menu had a list, then I did the Helmut one finally and it popped. What's weird is I know there's one I haven't done (the camera) so...no idea what's up with that.

jediyoshi

Whoever wrote all the NPC enemy dialogue must actually be comedy writers. There's pretty much a knowing absurdity to almost all the lines.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
the dialouge is very amusing but it's even funnier when it's wrong or buggy.

I tried to electrocute Victor and got his bodyguard instead. He turns, looks straight down and says "does anyone know this man?" and then walks off. cold as ice.

Foffy

Banned
the dialouge is very amusing but it's even funnier when it's wrong or buggy.

I tried to electrocute Victor and got his bodyguard instead. He turns, looks straight down and says "does anyone know this man?" and then walks off. cold as ice.

If you follow Viktor, at one point he calls Kurt by the name of Phillip. ;)

MaKTaiL

I havent tried this but maybe pull a fire alarm? Hes head of security so I would assume he might go on stage to organize an evacuation?

I tried that, it didn't work. I don't know if there is a legit way of getting him to climb the stage but the way I did it was
I knocked him out, dragged his body onto the stage, climbed to the top and dropped the light support on him.
It was messy, but I got the challenge. Hahahaha.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
47 is hanging off a ledge from the 3rd floor balcony.

A party-goer sarcastically says "No... don't do it..."

I lost my shit.

I got that too near the little party by the IAGO auction.

I've noticed the security guards are really mean to the waiters.

Jintor

I got that too near the little party by then IAGO auction.

I've noticed the security guards are really mean to the waiters.

Normal security treats the blackvest guards alright, but the CICADA PMC assholes are real jerks

Something I noticed about this game that I found funny is that everyone having a phone or tablet means that pretty much any NPC has a great inbuilt idle animation. lol

---

Papercuts

Whoever wrote all the NPC enemy dialogue must actually be comedy writers. There's pretty much a knowing absurdity to almost all the lines.

This was one of my favorite things about Absolution. It had so many great lines you could overhear, molding that same detail within a larger Blood Money style level is so great to see.

Earlier I watched the opening news reporter girl take her phone out and realize her boyfriend dumped her via text, called him some names, then after moving over to the news van was basically on tinder commenting on people while saying all this swiping makes her hungry.

MUnited83

For you.
47 is hanging off a ledge from the 3rd floor balcony.

A party-goer sarcastically says "No... don't do it..."

I lost my shit.

Crouching when next to the security guards with them seeing you: "Sir,what you're doing is not illegal per se, but you look kinda..... no, you know what? I'm not going to give the bloggers the satisfaction"

Running around them "Are you practising parkour?"

After harassing them a little " Don't come back here or I am gonna punish you like a naughty naughty little boy....with my gun"

Go away and they will say " and now we're back to normal"

I love this

torpet

Neo Member
Some challenges are broken for me. I have done Photobomb at least 3 times now and I just won't get the checkmark. Anybody else experiencing similar problems?

Top Bottom