• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Jintor

It depends if we're talking purely by completing or SA specifically. Starting at the tech area means you can sprint and kill Novikov literally within 20 seconds
with a chandelier
, then pop the fireworks and take out Dahlia.

Wait, when can you drop on ol Vic? When he's standing in that big room near the back of the palace right under a chandelier with guards everywhere?

MUnited83

For you.
Wait, when can you drop on ol Vic? When he's standing in that big room near the back of the palace right under a chandelier with guards everywhere?

At the beggining of the level he goes down the stairs at the entrance of the palace. There's a chandelier there you can shoot from a secluded place to kill him

MUnited83

For you.
is the game better than absolution? in every way, including visuals?

Pretty much, although some people prefer the highly stilized look of Absolution. Personally I think visuals are great here, especially considering the huge scope of the level. Great texture work and lightning.

It was the bathroom he always goes to to throw up in. It's only happening on this run. =(

Try to distract him with a coin or bump into him, it might break whatever is allowing him to see you.

XaosWolf

Try to distract him with a coin or bump into him, it might break whatever is allowing him to see you.

I would but the guy who sees me and tells the guard is a random grey suit npc. He's seeing me through the wall. =(

Edit: Just ended up choking him out in the hallway instead.

NeoGiff

I can stomach long load times if I try hard. What I can't stomach is the pause menu being so unresponsive and slow. What the fuck?

BlackJace

Yeah the UI is strangely sluggish.

Also, fuck this recent trend of games having the "Windows Metro Tiles" style for main menus; just a mess.

mattp

I wish this game had that thing from blood money where you'd get a split screen view of a guard finding a body or seeing you on security camera etc

MaKTaiL

I just tried locking the framerate for the first time here. Oh my god, it makes a BIG difference on the Paris map. Much smoother now and no hiccups whatsoever. I will leave it like this from now on. Also, was anybody able to get the trophy for completing 10 Contracts? I've done a bunch here but the trophy doesn't want to popup.

PS.: Ever since the latest patch, the image of the guns/items I unlocked are not loading on PS4. I hope they fix this soon.

Murkas

I think she'll only meet
Helmut or the Sheik
in her room, I'm not 100% but I couldn't find a way to get her to come either, what I did was
it's possible to stand to the right of the drink table behind the wall (if you were looking at the drink table from her perspective) and if the waiter isn't there you can shoot her in the head while shes taking a drink and no one can see you, you might have to take out the waiter I don't remember if he's always there when she is

I did exactly that yesterday and didn't get the challenge clear, hmm maybe a glitch.

Foffy

Banned
Is there a way to get the sheikh
out of the auction room? I know he can be taken out before he goes up there, but can he be forced out of the auction room?

XaosWolf

21 hours later, all current challenges done! Not bothering with achievements though.

Bring on the Paris Escalation missions! =D

out of the auction room? I know he can be taken out before he goes up there, but can he be forced out of the auction room?

He seems to make a stop off at the private bathroom that Dahlia goes to. Dunno what triggers it though...

I should say, future missions need 47 in disguise getting into more conversations where he doesn't even try to roleplay, and yet nobody notices anything out of place.

The contrast between real Kruger (cowering and whimpering when an explosion goes off nearby) and 47-Kruger (casually complementing someone on their choice of poison) is completely ludicrous.

themightycasey

Neo Member

He seems to make a stop off at the private bathroom that Dahlia goes to. Dunno what triggers it though...

What triggers it is
the radio in the private bathroom. Turn it on, knock out and hide the body of the guard that comes in, then just leave the radio on and wait for the sheikh to eventually get there. It will take sometime (minute or two) for him to get there if he's still in his room when doing this, but he will stroll to the bathroom.

Holy fuck, Victor took forever to drink his spiked Knockout Punch. I was waiting like 10 mins or so. It was after I assassinated Dalia as Kruger and changed to a Bartender.

the fastest and easiest way to do it is by far starting as the tech guy, grab the fireworks remote, get the dropped sniper in the shed and snipe both targets, doesn't even take 3 minutes.
I just did a run like that to get the In Plain Sight challenge done, but I wasn't quite that quick (I wanted to take in the fireworks from a nice vantage point, they're quite pretty lol):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw_cdAUnhKg

Wasn't expecting my gif to get so many views on reddit.

https://gfycat.com/OblongGraveFlicker

Laughed like an absolute madman when it first happened
That was hilarious :D

Yeah, even though I've only had one disconnect, the situation is getting ugly enough for me to worry about the future of the game. Can't believe it's only been five days.

I have faith that something will be done, but they can't wait any longer on at least acknowledging the problem. At least it looks like there is no way the elusive targets can be released in the game's current state.

Foffy

Banned
Yeah, even though I've only had one disconnect, the situation is getting ugly enough for me to worry about the future of the game. Can't believe it's only been five days.

I have faith that something will be done, but they can't wait any longer on at least acknowledging the problem. At least it looks like there is no way the elusive targets can be released in the game's current state.

Those will start coming next week, and I expect quite a number of users to go "Fuck you IO, why make a one attempt mission and disconnect me, causing me to lose?"

I actually anticipate this happening to me. After all, it's happened with everything I've done in the game except Escalations. It's directly ruined my interest in making a Contract yesterday when I was thinking of someone cool I wanted to share with others.

Why waste my time doing this when the way they handle Contracts is not only bad (you can't search for shit right now, something even Absolution had at launch), but I can't even stay online long enough to make on? No thanks.

I feel like I've gone full heel on the game. I went from defending everything they were intending to do and am now just kind of grossed out and apathetic to it all. :/

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I don't expect them to have made everything available offline any time soon, I'm sure it's a fairly complicated process to get that all in place or even get it past the decision making process; however, it would be a very bad call from IO to release Elusive Targets (with their unique rewards and real-time sensitivity) when their server infrastructure is still so bloody shaky. That'll draw a ton of easily avoidable ire.

At least it looks like there is no way the elusive targets can be released in the game's current state.

I dunno. I could be wrong but I think they mentioned on Twitter that they'll be releasing one in the next 6-7 days.

I still don't understand the necessity for all of the online stuff. People earlier mentioned that it might be to do with preventing leaderboard cheating, but the leaderboards are already completely fucked anyway due to bugs in the game itself; it wasn't users that screwed them up, it was IO themselves!

They need to get a solution in place that deals with temporary server disconnections without inconveniencing the player. It's being booted out of games in progress, without even an automatic save, that's infuriating their customers (and rightfully so).

Top Bottom