• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

brau

That's the plan.

One episode monthly until autumn was their claims.

Assume they do one episode per month without delays, we're getting a new location every month until September, when the last one drops.

And then Season 2 next year, if I was a betting man.

This is awesome.

Excited for this, and for the idea of a Season 2.

Has anyone figured out which location has the laboratory from the trailers, where you assassinate the scientist?

Episode II, I'd imagine.

That first trailer only showed Paris, Italy & Morocco (Episodes 1, 2 & 3) and I don't see why there would be an underground lab in an *spoilers for the setting of episode 3, if you don't want to know*
embassy

Foffy

Banned
Has anyone figured out which location has the laboratory from the trailers, where you assassinate the scientist?

Sapienza.
The episode focused on a biological weapon, and this has a lab somewhere involved in its creation.

It may have connections to Dexter Industries from Absolution, but those were placeholder guys in a leaked briefing.

MaKTaiL

Sapienza.
The episode focused on a biological weapon, and this has a lab somewhere involved in its creation.

It may have connections to Dexter Industries from Absolution, but those were placeholder guys in a leaked briefing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yktoernWtw

I've been re-watching the very first trailer and there are lots of little hints for the episodes to come. You can see:

- Viktor Novikov and the models (Paris Map);
- A guy on a pool party surrounded by girls in a very good looking house, lab scientists testing wine quality (Sapienza Map);
- A guy drinking coffee and looking out the window to what appears to be a riot/protest (Marrocos map);
- Agent 47 running on the snow (nothing really, but I would love to have a map on a snowy area).

Hopefully I am wrong but is there is no rifle suit case in the game?

It will be an unlock in future episodes.

MaKTaiL

Yay. Will that also unlock it for previous episodes?
All the items/costumes you unlock on the next episodes are retroactive, so yes.
is that not the prologue area? anyway, you just reminded me the game needs a Christmas mission. Bring back the santa suit.

The prologue is like, 2 seconds, it's not even a mission, hahaha. Having a Christmas mission would be awesome. Even more so if it was set in New York. The Division happens during the hollidays too so it would be nice to see how both engines compare graphically in the same area.

Under the original release plan there were supposed to be six missions between Paris, Sapienza, and Marrakesh, so there would have to be more than one target in the other two locations.

(The image below is now out of date)

13304603918640.195.c99571e18da7a63b1b47aa95856acc1b.jpg

tanuki

It's crazy how much dialogue there is in this game. I had a playthrough where I decided to hang around with the reporter and camera-man at the start and their dialogue after they wrap up their shoot goes on for ages. Nice little way of revealing more of the story and world building.

Jintor

i should probably have expected this, but apparently 47 can't trigger a bomb without being super suspicious. I just got the Photobomb cheevo but decided not to hide myself when waiting to trigger the bomb... the second I triggered it every security guard whirled and shot me and I had to dash to a gate.

to be fair, I was being pretty fucking suspicious.

Echoplx

i should probably have expected this, but apparently 47 can't trigger a bomb without being super suspicious. I just got the Photobomb cheevo but decided not to hide myself when waiting to trigger the bomb... the second I triggered it every security guard whirled and shot me and I had to dash to a gate.

I think it might be glitched, that's happened to me even when I've been hidden and not in anyones line of sight.

Can I get a hint towards some of the hidden Steam achievements? I figured I'd have got one for the secret disguise.

They're both for unique kills in 'The Final Test'. Details below, if you want them spoiled outright.

1. Ejector seat accident.

2. Get the KGB Colonel to kill the target.

I can't express how unreasonably disappointed I am by that (the case thing, not the suit thing).

I'd be very surprised if the rifle case wasn't eventually in. They're using it in ads, it's been one of the most requested missing features players are clamoring for on many forums, and was one of five choices in I/O's most recent email survey. They know people are begging for it.

Personally I'm more worried at the lack of blood and brutality. Need moar blood.

Double D

What happens is the guards outside go into an alert state (white dot) once you trigger the bomb. So technically they didn't see you do it, they just go into immediate suspicion mode and you happen to be the only guy at the party they are allowed to be suspicious about.

If you walk towards the mansion and trigger the explosive as soon as you walk in the entrance and put the device away as soon as you trigger it, you'll be fine, since the guards indoors don't 'turn white'.

Jintor

What happens is the guards outside go into an alert state (white dot) once you trigger the bomb. So technically they didn't see you do it, they just go into immediate suspicion mode and you happen to be the only guy at the party they are allowed to be suspicious about.

If you walk towards the mansion and trigger the explosive as soon as you walk in the entrance and put the device away as soon as you trigger it, you'll be fine, since the guards indoors don't 'turn white'.

Oh cool. Thanks, I only tried it the once so I was curious as to how it worked.

My problem with the escalation contracts has been that even though they keep upping the ante I can't just sit down and do the exact same contract 5 times in a row, I get bored. I have to mix it up with a standard mission run or some other contracts in the middle of the escalation.

I hope that going forward they'll star the escalations off with more steps. These first few have been good (though repetitive, like you said) but they can't keep starting them off the same way for 6+ episodes.

Just completed both of the Paris escalations and didn't get the reward for either, as well.

I hope that going forward they'll star the escalations off with more steps. These first few have been good (though repetitive, like you said) but they can't keep starting them off the same way for 6+ episodes.

Just completed both of the Paris escalations and didn't get the reward for either, as well.

I'd prefer it to be something more like things change as the levels go up, not just added.
For example, now it's
1. Kill so and so with any weapon, any disguise.
2. Kill so and so with any weapon, any disguise. Escape in the speedboat.
3. etc.

I'd like
2. Kill so and so with silenced weapon, any disguise. Escape in the speedboat.
3. Kill so and so with hammer, staff disguise. Kill person #2 with a screwdriver. Escape in the basement.

Change it up as the levels progress instead of just adding 1 more thing to the things you've done the previous levels.

The hitman twitter confirmed some time yesterday that the challenge is for completing all 5 levels on 10 different escalations, so just like the 5 elusive targets, nobody can complete that one just yet.

I'd prefer it to be something more like things change as the levels go up, not just added.
For example, now it's
2. Kill so and so with any weapon, any disguise. Escape in the speedboat.
3. etc.

I'd like
2. Kill so and so with silenced weapon, any disguise. Escape in the speedboat.
3. Kill so and so with hammer, staff disguise. Kill person #2 with a screwdriver. Escape in the basement.

Change it up as the levels progress instead of just adding 1 more thing to the things you've done the previous levels.

Yeah, here's hoping they change it up like this as the season goes on...I think this might be just as much a matter of the devs getting their feet wet as it is for us getting used to the system.

The hitman twitter confirmed some time yesterday that the challenge is for completing all 5 levels on 10 different escalations, so just like the 5 elusive targets, nobody can complete that one just yet.

There are 3 challenges for the escalation contracts right now though, aren't there?

1 each for completing all the levels in the contracts in Paris and then 1 for completing 10 escalation contracts.

Jintor

Man I wouldn't be averse to more maps the cozy size of the training levels, they're really fun.

Also they don't lag my machine occasionally, which is a nice bonus

I think it's fair to keep adding things - they are escalations after all - but they should be, like, additional things in different categories.

I was vaguely thinking about randomisation but that would probably kinda suck.

Jintor

Wait, is the point shooting mechanic from Absolution in this game?

No, every weapon has an instant incap if performed from melee range against an unaware opponent - for pistols it's marked 'execute'.

actually i dunno about sniper rifles and stuff

actually what mechanics have we walked back here? crowd blending (outside of spots), instinct hiding... human shields...

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
They cut a lot of stuff from Absolution. Human shields. crowd blending, point shooting, sniping controls and ballistics . There are also a lot of missing animations (like when dumping bodies in containers) and significantly less blood and violence. Contracts mode is extremely barebones at the moment.

Honestly if both games were part of the same generation of hardware, I'd swear that Absolution was a sequel to Hitman 2016

Jintor

it speaks to design that this is still a way better hitman game than absolution.

i actually have half a mind to reinstall absolution and just poke around a bit

Jito

Banned
Loaded up the game today expecting to see the first elusive target but it's still not there. Very disappointing.

mattp

Man I wouldn't be averse to more maps the cozy size of the training levels, they're really fun.

Also they don't lag my machine occasionally, which is a nice bonus

i agree

i'd love a mix of paris-sized, but also smaller scale levels, too
not every stage has to be MASSIVE
variety is nice

edit: but thats tough to do with their release schedule. they cant just sell a 10 dollr stage if its small. but they could do a few smaller stages in an update, instead of 1 big one

There are 3 challenges for the escalation contracts right now though, aren't there?

1 each for completing all the levels in the contracts in Paris and then 1 for completing 10 escalation contracts.

as far as I'm aware there is an achievement/trophy for getting a level 5 escalation in The Final Test and one for getting a level 5 escalation in Paris, but not in-game challenges, that one is just the 10 escalations.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Loaded up the game today expecting to see the first elusive target but it's still not there. Very disappointing.

If they release Elusive Targets before they've sorted their servers out, I will be flipping fucking tables. I still can't stay online for more than ten minutes without being booted.

Moff

the first elusive is coming this weekend?
can't wait, sounds really interesting

is it true that you have only 1 try and if you fail he's gone?

Top Bottom