• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
checking server stability. only got server booted once, but crashed twice. Still, I feel ya; they need to get the game stable before more content, especially for a timed target.

Ah,okay. I've been playing MGO3, Nidhogg and Bloodborne in the interim without any issues. My internet is pretty good (as far as I'm aware).

Is it 48 hours total or 48 hours from when you start the target?

I think its the former. Could be wrong.

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah. Whyzzat?

From what i've seen, PS4 seems to be the version with the most connectivity issues for whatever reason. I'm on PC and for me it has been pretty smooth apart from the launch hours. Never got disconnected since. I know of a few people on PC that have issue from time to time, but it's not "each 10 minutes" frequent.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
From what i've seen, PS4 seems to be the version with the most connectivity issues for whatever reason. I'm on PC and for me it has been pretty smooth apart from the launch hours. Never got disconnected since. I know of a few people on PC that have issue from time to time, but it's not "each 10 minutes" frequent.

Ah, that's interesting. Cheers.

Jintor

yeah and the load times seem to be worse for ps4-ers. Like, significantly so. Paris takes a while for me to load and that's... what, 10-12 seconds?

of course, I can't framerate lock on PC... I'd like to, because it hangs every once in a while and I'd like to see if that does anything. At least I don't think I can.

MaKTaiL

I have it on PS4 and it's been ages since I got a disconnect. I had problems on the first couple of days but since then I have no server issues. I live in Brazil though, I don't know if it makes a difference.

Jito

Banned
If they release Elusive Targets before they've sorted their servers out, I will be flipping fucking tables. I still can't stay online for more than ten minutes without being booted.

Yeh you're completely right, I was going to be like "I've not had any issues for the past few days anyway" but then proceeded to get disconnected and can't reconnect anymore!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
yeah and the load times seem to be worse for ps4-ers. Like, significantly so. Paris takes a while for me to load and that's... what, 10-12 seconds?

of course, I can't framerate lock on PC... I'd like to, because it hangs every once in a while and I'd like to see if that does anything. At least I don't think I can.

Yeah, PS4 takes an age. To be honest, that doesn't really bother me.

Are "hangs" where its catching up with itself by going 'Benny Hill'? That happens offline on PS4 too.

To be fair, that "ten minutes" is a shit load better than pre-patch. That was more like every three!

I have it on PS4 and it's been ages since I got a disconnect. I had problems on the first couple of days but since then I have no server issues. I live in Brazil though, I don't know if it makes a difference.

I'm in the UK. Anyone else on PS4 and in Europe that are still being regularly booted?

Jito

Banned
So I was trying to download Until Dawn and AAC whilst trying to go online on Hitman, paused both and can get online completely fine now. I've never had this issue with other games, crazy that Hitman requires so much data that downloading games messes up the connection, very poor.

I had an awesome moment last night attempting some more challenges. I
dropped the speaker on Victor
and then went upstairs to try the challenge of
snapping Margolis's neck while she checks her computer.
It was tricky cause I couldn't figure out a way to get rid of the bodyguard who follows her around. So I waited in the room with the laptop. Positioned myself behind the desk disguised as a bodyguard. They both walk in and while she is at the computer I throw a crowbar across the room at the bodyguard, knocking him out then quickly grab the target and snap her neck. It was amazing!

I'm also having trouble getting the
Mr. Reaper challenge
completed. She greets me and I end up killing her
with the pistol
but the challenge never checks off.

tchocky

I had an awesome moment last night attempting some more challenges. I
dropped the speaker on Victor
and then went upstairs to try the challenge of
snapping Margolis's neck while she checks her computer.
It was tricky cause I couldn't figure out a way to get rid of the bodyguard who follows her around. So I waited in the room with the laptop. Positioned myself behind the desk disguised as a bodyguard. They both walk in and while she is at the computer I throw a crowbar across the room at the bodyguard, knocking him out then quickly grab the target and snap her neck. It was amazing!

I'm also having trouble getting the
Mr. Reaper challenge
completed. She greets me and I end up killing her
with the pistol
but the challenge never checks off.

Regarding that last one make sure you don't reload a save it wont check off if you do.

Foffy

Banned
holy cow dude... i would've thought they had this sorted out by now.

Server issues aren't the only problem. In-game accomplishments don't seem to properly work, still. Imagine doing an Elusive Target and getting no credit for it.

In many ways, everything they've linked to this online infrastructure has become a case of Murphy's Law.

brau

Server issues aren't the only problem. In-game accomplishments don't seem to properly work, still. Imagine doing an Elusive Target and getting no credit for it.

In many ways, everything they've linked to this online infrastructure has become a case of Murphy's Law.

Holy cow.. is this just bound to console? So far i've had no issues on PC. But i have not done an elusive target, and i have been getting achievements from what i can tell. Been doing escalation missions.

So will you be able to do these kind of online components offline?

Foffy

Banned
Holy cow.. is this just bound to console? So far i've had no issues on PC. But i have not done an elusive target, and i have been getting achievements from what i can tell. Been doing escalation missions.

So will you be able to do these kind of online components offline?

LOL NO. The game is a fucking paperweight without an internet connection.

Foffy

Banned
If there any updates on the condition of the servers then for people having issues?

"We're working on it" is the answer of the week. They're even working on bringing back the preorder items, which were removed from players as on Monday..

Tell me about it, stud. ;)

Ten minutes

IF IM LUCKY.

A digital only paperweight? Much like a chocolate teapot.

This is so strange. Hopefully they take the feedback and change the online stuff soon. Why couldn't it just all save locally then upload to the servers whenever the game is able to connect? I wonder if this is a IO problem or a Square Enix problem.

At the pace that things are going, I would guess approval needs to come down directly from Square Enix before anything can be changed regarding online requirements.

There will probably be days or weeks of collecting data and reports and holding meetings before work can even start on taking game modes offline.

Unfortunately I think some users need to be the "sacrifices" to provide the proof that the disruptions are big enough to warrant changes. They need to justify the value in diverting manpower away from creating content.

SilentRob

Playing over 20 hours and have not been booted once on pc.

It really just appears to be a matter of luck. I played for 3 hours yesterday on Xbox One and didn't have a single problem. A day before I got booted every 5 min. The days before I was only booted once or twice overall.

Foffy

Banned
This is so strange. Hopefully they take the feedback and change the online stuff soon. Why couldn't it just all save locally then upload to the servers whenever the game is able to connect? I wonder if this is a IO problem or a Square Enix problem.

Probably Square-Enix. They have wanted Hitman to be a persistent online IP since 2013.

brau

"We're working on it" is the answer of the week. They're even working on bringing back the preorder items, which were removed from players as on Monday..

oh yea.. i saw that. Has this been plaguing a lot of people so far? It would be terrible to see the game not do well because of their shitty DRM practices. Its a fantastic game.

Tell me about it, stud. ;)

Ten minutes

IF IM LUCKY.

you know how to talk to me.

Dude.. i really hope they fix this shit for you. I need more people to talk to about this game.

Playing over 20 hours and have not been booted once on pc.

same here. tho i have way less time. 7 hrs. But i am chipping away at it. Super excited for the next chapter in that amazing looking Villa. Sapiensa.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
you know how to talk to me.

Dude.. i really hope they fix this shit for you. I need more people to talk to about this game.

Yeah, man. I'd like to be able to play it! This is one of my personal Holy Trinity of game series, so I'm bitterly disappointed.

Majukun

i only manage to connect after several tries and it oesn't manage to stay online for more than 1 minute before disconnecting from the server

what are the limitation of playing offline?
the problem is on my side or theirs?

Interfectum

i only manage to connect after several tries and it oesn't manage to stay online for more than 1 minute before disconnecting from the server

My brother is having a similar issue. My connection seems fine but his (like 5 miles away from where I live) is awful. He can't play more than 5 minutes before getting disconnected from Hitman. No other issues with any other games, I've gone over and debugged everything. So random.

Majukun

My brother is having a similar issue. My connection seems fine but his (like 5 miles away from where I live) is awful. He can't play more than 5 minutes before getting disconnected from Hitman. No other issues with any other games, I've gone over and debugged everything. So random.

maybe is a provider specific issue?it happens sometimes,although i don't know if it can be software specific other than hardware specific

Moff

If it doesn't unlock in one try, just do level 5 again and it should show up.

it's just the good old "challenges are not recognized" bug, I did the first one twice and it worked, the second one (the annoying one with the palace stuff outfit) did not.
funny thing is, I even got it checked in the menu when I looked it up on the score screen, but I did not get the mission mastery xp, then I left the menu, checked again and it's no longer checked, great

I hope they fix that at least with the second episode

brau

Yeah, man. I'd like to be able to play it! This is one of my personal Holy Trinity of game series, so I'm bitterly disappointed.

You are missing out.

So any time you log in its booting you out? could it be your router? is it a problem from the servers on console? are there other people with this same issue?

Yopis

Same issue here. No other game gives me issue. Can never finish Paris. Kicked randomly sometimes 2 minutes in others 10 minutes or more it sucks. Pretty much done with game at this point. Sad because it's so good.

justjim89

Christ, killing this dude with the vampire magician outfit is damn near impossible.

I mean, it doesn't have to be clean. It just has to be done. I had bodies found or crimes noticed for pretty much every level of the escalation.

I've also never been disconnected, 15 hours in here.

Moff

the vampire escalation is easy though, you can lure away both targets easily with throwables and shoot them

the other escalation is not that easy

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
You are missing out.

So any time you log in its booting you out? could it be your router? is it a problem from the servers on console? are there other people with this same issue?

I'll get up to about ten minutes and get disconnected. I've managed to complete three different runs on the freeform mission (online) in about 13 hours of playtime. In the meantime, I've played MGO3, Nidhogg and Bloodborne without any notable problems.

I believe my internet is pretty good and I rarely suffer from any kind of disconnects (unless it's server side), let alone multiple ones in the space of half an hour.

Check out their Twitter and forums to see how extensive this is. Hell, these all popped up in the last page or so:

Same issue here. No other game gives me issue. Can never finish Paris. Kicked randomly sometimes 2 minutes in others 10 minutes or more it sucks. Pretty much done with game at this point. Sad because it's so good.

Here's the rub:

I've been waiting for this 'return to form' for years and, now it's finally here, I can't enjoy it properly. Every time I try going online I'm spending more time worrying about getting disconnected than enjoying the level. It's really tainted my experience.

#firstworldproblems

Unbelieveably, I'm more interested in Salt and Sanctuary at the moment. If you said that to me a couple of weeks ago I would've laughed in your face and stomped on your tenders.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
the vampire escalation is easy though, you can lure away both targets easily with throwables and shoot them

the other escalation is not that easy

Plus you can just take their outfit when you're done which makes the escape part easy.

Top Bottom