• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

ColEx

If i buy the intro pack, which i can get for free, will it be possible to buy the rest of the content as it releases as each episode, or do i have to buy the full upgrade pack?

MaKTaiL

If i buy the intro pack, which i can get for free, will it be possible to buy the rest of the content as it releases as each episode, or do i have to buy the full upgrade pack?
You can buy each episode individually but it will cost you more in the long run.

MUnited83

For you.
Somehow, actually using the gun has become the last thing I think of in a game about killing people.

Okay, gun-only run. I'm sure next I'll hear about a way to knock people out using guns only.

I use the gun a lot

rarely to actually kill people :p. Almost every accident stuff can be activated with a simple shot instead of trying to find tools and stuff. Even the electric puddle stuff can be done this way.

Guns are also a amazing way to distract people

Furthermore, you can knockdown people with guns if you shoot from far away. Not knockout them, but if you headshot them from far enough away they will just fall to the ground for some seconds. When they are up again they will be hostile, but it can be useful in a couple of places if you are close enough to the exit.

RavenEffect

Neo Member
Haven't been reading the thread for the last 10-20 pages, but what's the reasoning for people thinking Paris is too NPC heavy? I thought it kind of fit the whole lore of the level given that it's an enormous private party imo.

I haven't been able to sink as much time into Hitman yet as I'd like because of my job. Maybe I'm missing something?

that...makes so much sense.

dammit, I need to use the gun more. I pretty much only end up using the gun like the fiber wire, coming up behind someone and using eliminate.

I totally forgot to check out if you can still fire the gun to distract NPCs. In Absolution I would fire the silenced pistol to direct NPCs to specific locations to sneak past them when doing suit only runs.

Haven't been reading the thread for the last 10-20 pages, but what's the reasoning for people thinking Paris is too NPC heavy? I thought it kind of fit the whole lore of the level given that it's an enormous private party imo.

I haven't been able to sink as much time into Hitman yet as I'd like because of my job. Maybe I'm missing something?

It's not that it makes any less sense lore-wise, it's just that The Final Test feels a bit more controlled because it's a bit less dense. The reason I'm looking forward to Sapienza is because it looks like it'll be much more spread out.

Moff

I can't say I like the palace staff escalation a lot
am I just doing it wrong? Am I really required to climb around the building a lot? it's just so boring

I can't say I like the palace staff escalation a lot
am I just doing it wrong? Am I really required to climb around the building a lot? it's just so boring
You mean
from the room with the sheikh to the laptop room? Climbing around seems the best way. Other things can just be done sneaking around the hallway if you disable the camera system first when starting in the basement.

Used the dongle on Dalia's laptop and her assistant has had the same walk in and notice it scene about 4 times. Meanwhile Dalia walks in and out of an inactive auction room with no reaction. Anybody else had stuff like this happen?

MUnited83

For you.
that...makes so much sense.

dammit, I need to use the gun more. I pretty much only end up using the gun like the fiber wire, coming up behind someone and using eliminate.
Give it a try, the gun is so damn useful and I barely use it to actually kill :p
I totally forgot to check out if you can still fire the gun to distract NPCs. In Absolution I would fire the silenced pistol to direct NPCs to specific locations to sneak past them when doing suit only runs.

Works perfectly!

Moff

You mean
from the room with the sheikh to the laptop room? Climbing around seems the best way. Other things can just be done sneaking around the hallway if you disable the camera system first when starting in the basement.

getting to and away from the sheik seems to be the best way as well, it just takes so damn long

I just had an update for the game on Xbox One. Is IO kind to us and have they removed the online only nonsense?

Nope. Doesn't seem like it. So what was changed/fixed?

What am I missing with Paris escalation missions? All I had access to were missions where you sneak around the attic in the vampire outfit killing guards. Is there something else I'm missing?

edit: My fault. Never saw the Mandelbulb missions.

justjim89

I still haven't gotten the Escalating the Situation challenge, even though I've now completed all 15 escalations of the three missions available. That's frustrating, especially for how slow XP comes once you get up to the higher mastery levels. I also feel like I should have Chameleon by now, unless disguises equipped in Escalation mode don't count towards the total.

What are all the disguises?

-Palace staff
-Security
-Bodyguard
-Auction staff
-Cheff
-Hairdresser
-Kruger
-Sheik
-Vampire

Am I missing one?

justjim89

José Mourinho;198546986 said:
Used the dongle on Dalia's laptop and her assistant has had the same walk in and notice it scene about 4 times. Meanwhile Dalia walks in and out of an inactive auction room with no reaction. Anybody else had stuff like this happen?

That same thing happens to me every time I try it. Still haven't completed that opportunity.

Edit: Sorry, double post.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
José Mourinho;198546986 said:

Yeah, it happened to me every single time I tried to trigger that opportunity. Ended up knocking out the secretary and Dalia came inside to check on her laptop

I still haven't gotten the Escalating the Situation challenge, even though I've now completed all 15 escalations of the three missions available. That's frustrating, especially for how slow XP comes once you get up to the higher mastery levels. I also feel like I should have Chameleon by now, unless disguises equipped in Escalation mode don't count towards the total.

-Palace staff
-Security
-Bodyguard
-Auction staff
-Cheff
-Hairdresser
-Kruger
-Sheik
-Vampire

Am I missing one?

I think that's all of them. I can't think of any others, at least.

Also if you need help getting to level 20 mastery, keep knocking off the assassination challenges. Most of those award like 5k xp, should let you hit 20 without much problem.

I think "10 escalations" means 10 full sets of escalations, not 10 individual levels within escalations.

Also, I would assume Chameleon requires you to wear all disguises within one playthrough?

-Palace staff
-Security
-Bodyguard
-Auction staff
-Cheff
-Hairdresser
-Kruger
-Sheik
-Vampire

Am I missing one?
Just be warned that costumes worn from a loudout don't count. I didn't know what I was missing the chef until I got one within a mission.

-Palace staff
-Security
-Bodyguard
-Auction staff
-Cheff
-Hairdresser
-Kruger
-Sheik
-Vampire

Am I missing one?
You got 9. There are 10.
Tech crew member, the AV guys on second floor have them.

Moff

that looks gorgeous and massive. So excited to see what surprises await in this level.

absolutely, I mean sapienza seems to be a whole town
hqdefault.jpg

and now after paris, I have no doubt that it will be filled with tons of amazing opportunities

this is shaping up to be the best hitman game, easily, and one of my favourite games in years

justjim89

Is there some kind of trick to the challenge to
assassinate Dalia with a silenced pistol after meeting her as Mr. Reaper?

Trying to do it as part of a SO,SA run. My steps so far.

-Grab invitation
-Get cleared to go upstairs
-Shimmy up pipe from 2nd floor to keep my guns
-Sit down for auction start
-Dalia comes and talks to me, then goes into her rotation
-Sneak into Dalia's bathroom, turn radio on, knock out guard
-Dalia comes into the room, talks with guard
-At some point Dalia walks into bathroom,
-Walk up and do the pistol execution takedown, hide body
But every time I've tried, the challenge never pops up. Do I have to manually aim and shoot her? Do I have to shoot her in a specific situation?

Corpekata

Banned
Seeing a handful of contracts and whatnot wanting a service staff disguise, and the contract is usually on the 2nd floor where they're not wanted. How are people handling that? Just playing it like a suit run, just dressed like a waiter? Knocking a shitload of people out with a better disguise and going back for the waiter gear? I figured there must be some sort of trick or gimmick I'm missing (otherwise why bother with the requirement anyway if it's no different than suit?).

-Grab invitation
But every time I've tried, the challenge never pops up. Do I have to manually aim and shoot her? Do I have to shoot her in a specific situation?
Do you reload between the time she talks to you and shooting her? Then it won't trigger. I did
Reaper starting point, so you're already at the auction. Sneak into bathroom from the window. Turn on radio. Take out guard. Wait for Dalia and friend to enter. Shoot both.

-Grab invitation

I followed her
out to the patio bar, stood in the adjacent room and shot her in the head while she was at the bar
and got the challenge.

EvB

I'd imagine the execution counts as a different kill type rather than the firearm specific kill.

brau

absolutely, I mean sapienza seems to be a whole town
hqdefault.jpg

and now after paris, I have no doubt that it will be filled with tons of amazing opportunities

this is shaping up to be the best hitman game, easily, and one of my favourite games in years

I am also loving the escalation type of mission. But i am hoping that some of these levels include emerging target opportunities if you explore and listen.

I have the opportunity tracker off... so i have to make sense of what to do after i listen to a conversation. Which makes it a hundred times more satisfying. Hopefully, with later additions they can add targets that might be of interest, and unlock different things.

You are also absolutely right tho.. this is shaping up to be the best Hitman in my book as well. I am having so much fun with it, and i feel encouraged to keep replying the game. The options to how to do things are insane.

MUnited83

For you.
Seeing a handful of contracts and whatnot wanting a service staff disguise, and the contract is usually on the 2nd floor where they're not wanted. How are people handling that? Just playing it like a suit run, just dressed like a waiter? Knocking a shitload of people out with a better disguise and going back for the waiter gear? I figured there must be some sort of trick or gimmick I'm missing (otherwise why bother with the requirement anyway if it's no different than suit?).

It's pretty easy to sneak in the second floor, most rooms are generally empty and only have a couple of people there.
But yeah, it's pretty much the same as a suit run for the most part (except that you can get to the staircase to the second floor more easily)

Foffy

Banned
So when is each level supposed to come out? Is it every month? I hope it is.

That's the plan.

One episode monthly until autumn was their claims.

Assume they do one episode per month without delays, we're getting a new location every month until September, when the last one drops.

And then Season 2 next year, if I was a betting man.

Do we have any more location details beyond what I've listed below?

Paris, France
Sapienza, Italy
Marrakesh, Morocco
?, Thailand
?, USA
?, Japan
?, ?

Foffy

Banned
Do we have any more location details beyond what I've listed below?

Paris, France
Sapienza, Italy
Marrakesh, Morocco
?, Thailand
?, USA
?, Japan
?, ?

They've confirmed the Japan episode will be set in Tokyo. It was originally planned to end the season, but I think they're going to simply make an Epilogue chapter.

They did imply the game absolutely ends with no conclusions, though, so they need to build up that cliffhanger.

Top Bottom